Terran Revitalization Project (TRP) - 11/26/2013 - Stealing Logi 1.4 FR

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

eldyranx3
xr

Terran Revitalization Project (TRP) - 11/26/2013 - Stealing Logi 1.4 FR

Post by eldyranx3 » Mon, 26. Jul 10, 03:15

[ external image ]

Giving you a reason to go back to Terran Space since 2939

Description:

Tired of watching the Terran Economy grind to an inevitable and unavoidable halt? Sick of how long it takes to get anywhere in Terran Core space? Do you want to play as a Terran without wanting to trudge through the same lengthy plots over and over again? Do you want a real reason to go back to Earth?

This project rolls out several optional Plots, Mods, and Scripts offering renewed life to the X3TC/X3AP Terran Experience. Each can be installed separately or integrated as a whole to fix common complaints about the Sol System.

Required: X3TC 3.2 OR X3AP 3.0, SPK use Plugin Manager Lite 1.47.

Recommended: [SCR][TC+AP] Terran Police License by X2-Illuminatus

Recommended: [MOD][AP] Lost Colony Expansion by vukica - Adds some Terran Sectors lost to the 1st Terraformer War.

Plots Section: Below are the new plots for the TRP. Any additional plots that uses conversations.xml must be merged and core X3AP sectors must exist for complete compatibility.

:arrow: Operation Loose Ends v1.0 - X3AP Only - Required for TRP Compatibility. - Altered Vanilla Terran Plot for X3AP 2.5 - The plot rewards are slightly tweaked, and stalwart Terran Commanders gain clearance for a Top Secret USC event, Project Voluspa.

Starting Requirements: 1) Terran Commander Start 2) Stealing Logi Complete 3) A Gate Too Far Complete

[ external image ]

:arrow: Stealing Logi v1.4 - X3AP Only - Adds a new ATF Plot for X3AP - Steal Commonwealth Technology in violation of the ATE (Advanced Technology Embargo) and secure Sol's Independence during the Terran Conflict.

Starting Requirements: Terran Commander Start.

[ external image ]

:arrow: A Gate Too Far v1.3 - X3AP Only - Adds a new USC Plot for X3AP - Launch a USC counter-offensive on the Boron Gate Hub.

Starting Requirements: 1) Stealing Logi completed 2) Terran Commander Start

[ external image ]

:arrow: 0x0a - X3AP Only - Adds a new Xenon Plot for X3AP - Investigate a rouge Xenon signal bounced off the shipyard from X472.

[ external image ]

Change Logs: Please view the individual README's associated with each ZIP for relevant bug fixes.

Acknowledgments:

I'd like to specifically thank Ripskar for all the exemplary testing and bug reports that went into ironing out the wrinkles in these plots.

I would also like to (again) thank Dillpickle for all the MD advice and suggestions he has offered over the past year.

I would like to thank Ketraar for putting up with me during RC testing for X3AP 2.5.
Last edited by eldyranx3 on Tue, 21. Feb 17, 03:45, edited 92 times in total.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Mon, 26. Jul 10, 03:16

Mods / Scripts Section - Below are the optional Mods / Scripts for the TRP. Most use Cycrow's Plugin manager for installation, but be aware that Fake Patches can be tricky to configure.

Compatibility: Unless directly noted, the majority of these scripts should work with most X3TC / X3AP Mods. The known exception to this is XRM (Formerly SRM), as it incorporates many of the fixes applied by the TRP.

:arrow: ATF Shipyard (MD) - Adds the missing Terran Factories ( Vita Ki, Flavor Packs, C-Ration, Ice Mines, MAM Warhead, EMP Rifle, MAM Mine, Ghoul, and Spectre ) and new Terran Factories ( Sats, Lasertowers, Computers, Quantum Tubes, Shields ) to their respective shipyards. If playing X3TC, ATF ships are unlocked at The Moon Shipyard at ATF Earth Access. Factories are unlocked during normal plot progressions.

Note: Any MOD that touches Tfactories will be incompatible with this fake patch.

[ external image ] X3AP Only
[ external image ] X3TC Only

:arrow: Project Bifrost v1.1 - X3AP Only - Adds more TOAs and Jump Beacons to Terran Core Space, speeding up travel.

Backstory: The USC has decided to deploy more Jump Beacons in Terran Core space to facilitate rapid response to aggressor fleets and offering alternate trade lanes to merchants.

[ external image ]

:arrow: ??? Terran Pirate Base v1.4 - X3AP Compatible - Creates a Terran Pirate Base that moves around randomly in the far reaches past the Oort Cloud, selling rare equipment and goods.

Backstory: Why do the Terrans tolerate illegal Commonwealth goods in their space? Who brokers such indifference over drugs, lethal hand weapons, and Wanton Nukes? Deep in what outer Sol system fringers call Dark Space, there are rumors that a mafia like corporate organization has built a secret base. There they barter Ice and other rare equipment, rumored to be next to non-existent in Core Terran Space.

[ external image ]

:arrow: Terran MOB (Main Operating Base) v1.2 - X3AP Compatible - Adds a Terran Main Operating Base in the far reaches of the Oort Cloud, offering continual resupply every hour on the hour. Recent refits include a marine training ground.

Backstory: A recent security leak to has revealed the existence of a large ordnance and supply cache in the remote but secure ends of known Terran space.

[ external image ]

:arrow: Terran Marines v1.6 - X3AP Compatible - Creates a Terran Marine Barracks near the Terran MOB that trains bona fide Terran Marines. HOO-RAH! Dock your ship at the Terran Marine barracks with 1M in your credit account, at least 20k Support Personnel available at the station, and a Scabbard full of Terran Marines will be transferred to your Command.

Backstory: After returning from Operation Eyepoke, Commander Okami of the ATF 4th Fleet's 'Rana's Raiders' solicited Major General Ishiyama for the training and deployment of Terran Marines. The barracks receives continual rotation of fresh meat every hour, on the hour.

[ external image ]

:arrow: Project Sleipnir v1.0 - X3TC Only - Adds working Terran Jump gates from Pluto to Mercury once the Aldrin 2.0 plot is complete.

Backstory: Now that Terrans have completed the first working Terran Jump gate since the First Terraformer War, the USC has decided to build a corridor of additional gates from Pluto to Mercury in order to speed travel from one end of the Sol System to the other.

[ external image ]

:arrow: Operation Loki v1.0 - X3TC Only - Tricks GoD into not deleting Terran Stations.

Backstory: USC High Command has decided to place a freeze on the Terran Free Market. With the addition of key Bio Fabs, the USC's war machine prepares for storm clouds on the horizon. Will it be enough to prevent the Second Terraformer War?

[ external image ]

Acknowledgements:

Many thanks to LV for his AL Plugin framework and for setting up the Google Code page used to host these scripts.

Many thanks to Graxster for the original TOA to Jump Gate idea, and permission to use his code's framework.

Many thanks to Cadius for permission to use portions of the XTra Factory pack MD code, and for paulwheeler for looking into the re-initialization of the waretemplate XML.

Many thanks for Cycrow, Nvidium, Serial Kicked, mark_a_condren, Gazz, ScRaT_GER, and Dillpickle for SE / MD advice.

Thanks to those who helped test / give feedback / inspire the TRP - including (but not limited to) Solomon Short, xfir01, Wilson-MG-, Legionos, mim525, veryinky, Jonzac, Troubleshooter11, blitzcrank, Topcross, and especially Mizuchi (Of XRM fame).
Last edited by eldyranx3 on Sat, 18. May 13, 03:31, edited 16 times in total.

Tahlmorra
x4

Post by Tahlmorra » Mon, 26. Jul 10, 03:26

Is the pirate base compatible with the Pirate Guild 3? Just concerned that the code that appropriates pirate bases for the pirate guild.
Otherwise, looks very good. I'll be using almost all of these scripts.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Mon, 26. Jul 10, 03:39

The race owner for the Pirate Base is Terran. Im not sure how the script would interact with it otherwise. If you want to test it out and let me know of any issues, I'll look into changing the code if needed.

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Mon, 26. Jul 10, 03:55

as long as your base is terran PG3 will ignore it completely
(and even if it was pirate it would probably still work fine).

edit: no problem :)
Last edited by Serial Kicked on Mon, 26. Jul 10, 05:04, edited 1 time in total.
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Mon, 26. Jul 10, 03:57

@ Serial Kicked: Thanks for the heads up. And thanks for all the advice again!

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Mon, 26. Jul 10, 21:15

TOA to Jump Gate Converter v1.1: Fixed a small issue with the Jupiter North Gate leading to the Saturn North Gate instead of the South one.

If you used v1.0, uninstall, install v1.1. Destruct the Mars <-> Earth pair of gates, and on the next reload the new gates will fix themselves. Uploading v1.1 when Google Code plays nice.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Tue, 27. Jul 10, 19:03

Terran Economic Stimulus v1.1 - Fixed an issue that spawned new set of stations on every reload.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Wed, 28. Jul 10, 05:24

TOA to Jump Gate Converter v1.2: Fixed a small issue with the Uranus3 North Gate leading to the Uranus North Gate instead of the South one.

If you used v1.1, uninstall, install v1.2. Destruct the Mars <-> Earth pair of gates, and on the next reload the new gates will fix themselves.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Sun, 1. Aug 10, 05:12

??? Terran Pirate Base v1.1 - Changed wait times to allow for more frequent station movement.

If you used v1.0, turn off the AL plugin, wait 15 minutes, and verify the station has been destroyed. Uninstall v1.0. Install v1.1.

Suggestions for other rare equipment available for purchase at the ??? Terran Pirate Base?

Any other general suggestions for other Terran improvements? Please bear in mind that some things are not changeable unless you Mod the game or break into MD files.

Topcross
x3tc

Post by Topcross » Sun, 1. Aug 10, 17:18

Going to try out that economy boost right away. :D

I was wondering though if you could give a more detailed description of that economic stimulus and that pirate base.

Also, are you planning on adding more new Terran stuff? I love play Terran based games and am therefor very interested in all kinds of new Terran stuff. :D
What you could do for example is add Terran factories that make shields, I've always found it strange that while the Terran try to be completely independant of the Commonwealth, they have no facilities that produce shields. There is basicly no way that their stations get new stocks of shields unless you go buy em yourself in the Commonwealth and stock them, and if you go buy them there, what is the point of stocking them at all. :D
(I've 'fixed' this by adding some factories throughout the Sol System and alter their products by using cyrcrows cheat pack (as my scripting knowledge is as good as non excisting :roll:) I just picked a weapons factory and removed the weapon and replaced it with a shield, then they need energy, Terran MRE and ore, like their Commonwealth counterparts.)

Not going to use the jumpgate converter though, doesn't fit the lore. :)

Lastly, nice work with the ATF shipyard, I use that script for ages now and the additions you added on the old version are very good.
Last edited by Topcross on Sun, 1. Aug 10, 22:37, edited 2 times in total.

GBscientist
x4

Post by GBscientist » Sun, 1. Aug 10, 18:44

eldyranx3, does your TOA->Jumpgate script replace the TOAs with Commonwealth Jumpgates or Terran Jumpgates? The Terran Gates make sense to use because Earth does have a demonstrated production capacity for brand new jumpgates.

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Sun, 1. Aug 10, 20:06

Terran shield factories should in my opinion be added :)

Wonderful package btw, i like it alot.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 00:05

@ GBscientist: As noted in the back story, surplus Commonwealth / Ancient's Gates replace the TOA's. I'm sure that the Terran Gate model is a special object, but how get them to work as the Terran one in Neptune will take some investigation.

@ Troubleshooter11: I'd love to add some Terran Shield Fabs, but unless I write a complex AL plugin, it'd have to mess with tstations file I believe, making it a Mod. But I agree, I felt they were conspicuously absent from the Terran Economy.

Edit: Unless you would be satisfied with just NPC (Non-buyable) shield fabs, that would be comparatively easy to script in.
Last edited by eldyranx3 on Mon, 2. Aug 10, 00:41, edited 1 time in total.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 00:17

@ Topcross: The Economic Stimulus readme packaged in the SPK gives a little more detail:

Code: Select all

This script adds in (1) Protein Paste L, (1) Carbo Cake L, and (1) Water Purification Plant L NPC fabs to Neptune, Saturn, Mars, and Mercury. It also adds in (1) MRE L, (1) C-Ration L to Venus, (1) Ice Mine L to the Asteriod Belt, and (1) SSP L to Neptune.
Suggestions for additional NPC factories to place are always welcome.

As for the ??? Terran Pirate Base, it should relocate itself every 10-15 minutes, selling:
Spoiler
Show
SOS, SSS, Cargo Bay Shielding, and all the non-Kha'ak Beam Weapons
Suggestions for more rare goods are always welcome.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 06:23

Looking into the NPC Terran Shield Complexes, I can:

1) Script in Argon [Heavy] [Medium] [Light] Shield Complexes and change the names and owner race, remove Meatsteaks as Primary Resources, and add in MRE's intead.

PRO: The Shield Fab matches what Betty Says (Heavy Shield ... Production Complex ...)
PRO: Added space for resources (Acts as two factories joined as a complex)
CON: The model for the complex looks like it belongs in the Commonwealth.

2) Script in the Terran (Player built) M/AM Launcher Forge, remove the Launcher as a product, and add in Shields instead.

CON: The Shield Fab doesn't match what Betty Says (This station manufactures ... matter ... antimatter launcher)
CON: Crampt space for MRE's
PRO: The model for the complex looks like it belongs in Terran Space.

Thoughts?

Tahlmorra
x4

Post by Tahlmorra » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 06:48

I would suggest adding the ecliptic projector. There are several scripts (CODEA is one, I think) that use it to determine the playership (and so exclude it from automated commands)

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 07:00

Isn't that just one of many pieces of equipment that CODEA uses to define a 'player' ship? (Boost Extension for one)

Topcross
x3tc

Post by Topcross » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 19:33

eldyranx3 wrote: @ Troubleshooter11: I'd love to add some Terran Shield Fabs, but unless I write a complex AL plugin, it'd have to mess with tstations file I believe, making it a Mod. But I agree, I felt they were conspicuously absent from the Terran Economy.
I actually mentioned the shield fabs first, but whatever :p
Yea I agree that actually adding buyable ones it not a good idea as you'd have to mess with Tfactories, which would probably prefent it from working with some of the major mods out there. As I said, in my oppinion they should only be needed to stock equipment docks in Terran space.
eldyranx3 wrote:Looking into the NPC Terran Shield Complexes, I can:

1) Script in Argon [Heavy] [Medium] [Light] Shield Complexes and change the names and owner race, remove Meatsteaks as Primary Resources, and add in MRE's intead.

PRO: The Shield Fab matches what Betty Says (Heavy Shield ... Production Complex ...)
PRO: Added space for resources (Acts as two factories joined as a complex)
CON: The model for the complex looks like it belongs in the Commonwealth.

2) Script in the Terran (Player built) M/AM Launcher Forge, remove the Launcher as a product, and add in Shields instead.

CON: The Shield Fab doesn't match what Betty Says (This station manufactures ... matter ... antimatter launcher)
CON: Crampt space for MRE's
PRO: The model for the complex looks like it belongs in Terran Space.

Thoughts?
I'd go with the second option, having a Commonwealth station between all the Terran ones would be rather stupid.:) Also, aren't there any stations with a bigger stock for MRE that you could use? Also, not sure but if you pick the first option, doesn't Betty mention is actually an Argon factory?

Also I noticed two small issues with the Stimulus pack so far;
one: the SPP L in Neptune spawned very close to the gate, so close that if a cap ship would come from Pluto it would most likely crash itself on the station.
two: this is not a major issue, rather a beauty error :), if you add fabs in sectors where you already have one of the same time, the added fab is also called alpha instead of beta (at least that's how the SPP L in Nepute is)

And for other NPC factories: more weapons factories to boost weaponproduction, or like in the commonweath some complexes that sell more than one typ of weapon/missile, I'd said mainly the missiles need more factories added because it is almost impossible to get a decent stock unless you build some of your own.

You could always add some new sectors (jupiter, saturn, etc. have enough moons :), realy supprised me that they used uranus 2, uranus 3, saturn 2, while there are so many moons they could have used, like titan for example) or add some more Terran/ATF ships but that would probably require modding, not just scripting. (say so if I'm wrong)

Also, tbh I doubt Terran would allow any kind of Pirate Base in their sectors as they are 'kinda freaky when it comes to security' :D. Therefor maybe you should rename the Pirate Base to special some kind of Terran organisation, like you have to cooporations in the commonwealth.

If you want I'll think about some more ideas :) I realy enjoy playing a terran based game but miss the scripting knowledge to make em better. :)
Last edited by Topcross on Mon, 2. Aug 10, 19:38, edited 1 time in total.

Topcross
x3tc

Post by Topcross » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 19:35

Tahlmorra wrote:I would suggest adding the ecliptic projector. There are several scripts (CODEA is one, I think) that use it to determine the playership (and so exclude it from automated commands)
If you want CODEA to see your ship as a player ship, just install SETA, boost extension AND video enhancment goggles, the combination of these 3 should be enough (as far as I know) to make CODEA think it's a player ship.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”