[MOD][05.08.2009] Hangarmod/External-Docking [v. 1.8 BETA]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Walterses
x3tc

Post by Walterses » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 05:33

hmm ok thats fair enough, makes plenty of sense to me. dont know if i can find the guy or if he can make it work for m8's.. just doesnt make sense that a carrier can not carry the ships that in theory is its main means of attacking/defending... i mean does a aircraft carrier not hold long/short range and strategic bombers? :P lol you see my point im sure. maybe as a work around we could go about creating/copying other ship designs and making 2 new bombers (interceptor/tactical) the size of an m3/m3+ that are similar, (maybe faster but with less shielding/health and a much smaller cargo hold) to give u say 1 bomber to hold a couple of medium missles and a bomber say that can only hold1-2 nuclear bombs before having to return and dock at the carrier to rearm.. sounds feasable? i think its worth a try :D
Would someone kill those dam fighters all ready? Those flack cannons are giving me a headache :s

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Fri, 14. Aug 09, 01:58

Coffee-Man wrote: A coffee (or two...) a day keeps a tired mind away! =)
But three or four and you just want more :(
Rawr.

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Mon, 17. Aug 09, 00:14

After some fiddling I managed to get your mod to successfully dock M8s and TMs externally.

Unpack the cat w/modmanager.
Open \types\dummies.txt
change line 20 from:
ships\props\extern_TS_dock;ANIMATEDF_DOCKPORT_TRANSPORT|ANIMATEDF_DOCKPORT_UDDOWN|ANIMATEDF_DOCKPORT_BELOW30;0;

to

ships\props\extern_TS_dock;ANIMATEDF_DOCKPORT_STANDARD|ANIMATEDF_DOCKPORT_UDDOWN|ANIMATEDF_DOCKPORT_BELOW30;0;

(Notice the change from transport to standard)
Repack the cat and play =)

This will change your TS docks so that they can dock literally ANYTHING smaller than a capital ship--this will expand fighter and M6 docking as well as giving you M8s. I only really changed it as a test. What I'm trying to do now is actually leave TS_dock alone but instead change extern_M62_dock to standard while editing the bod files to get the docking I want. I suggest this route so that we're basically left with the option of fighter only, TS only, or a universal dock to be applied as we see fit. Given this I would suggest:

M1:
2-4 universal

M2:
1 universal
2-6 fighter (I'm personally leaning more towards 2, and remember the universal gives it +1 fighter slot [or more, depending on what they put in there--TM/M6] as well. It's your mod though and you seem to like a lot of docking =) )

M7/M7M:
1 universal -or- 1 transport
0-2 Fighter
(I'm opposed to feature creep on the M7s, some were given docking because they aren't the greatest in combat, while others frankly don't need it. Giving docking to the ones that don't need it seems somewhat unbalancing to me. If you go universal they can even load a TM with +4 fighters if they really want to carry them around; the same obviously holds true of an M2 as well...)

M6:
1 fighter

TL:
2-4 Transport

Either way loading M8s onto my carrier without having to rely on CODEA is dead sexy =D

x3tc

Post by 101010 » Wed, 19. Aug 09, 00:25

I've got a question about the Aegir. I was looking at the scene file in note pad
and came across this line.

P 24; B ockpit; N Cockpit; j // idx 24
{ 0x2002; -76295; -26375; -148423; 0.000000; 0.000000; 0.000000; 0.000000; -1; 1; } // 0

I was wondering what is that cockpit for? Also the misspelling (ockpit) I assume is accidental.

It also looks like in gmax that the cockpit is in the same place as the ts docking space.

Walterses
x3tc

Post by Walterses » Thu, 20. Aug 09, 15:56

lol was just gona come here and spread the news about the thread with m8 docking but you beat me to it :P lol well hoping i see it included in the next patch, your mod looks great Alkeena but im a little more enclined to having the ability for all ships to stock some fighters.. i mean realistically any cap ship wld have enough space to hold at least 1-2 wings of 3 fighters for scouting/pds...
Would someone kill those dam fighters all ready? Those flack cannons are giving me a headache :s

Draesk
x3tc

Post by Draesk » Fri, 28. Aug 09, 03:53

Got a bit of a problem here. I'm using 1.8.1, and followed all of your instructions (am in an M3 Fenrir at the Unknown Sector above Argon Sector M138, nothing I own is there - in fact, there's nowt but 'roids there), but it's just corrupting my saves. I do actually have the Normandy MOD installed, but it's not my current main ship (nor is it really the ship that I'm needing the MOD for). I tried reverting to the original Normandy XML file in ./Scripts, but it didn't seem to help. Fortunately, I did indeed make a backup of my Saves dir, but I would still like to be able to use this most supreme MOD.

Any ideas, Sir Coffee-Man?

Edit: Nice. Removing the Normandy XML from the scripts folder and reloading the save-files backup without the MOD installed, creating a new M4-only save and then going for it again seems to have worked. :)

Edit: Completely off-topic (I'm good at making off-topic posts - if this is too much, feel free to PM me), but does anyone know how to remove the startup videos and the background scene in the Main Menu, in order to speed up loading? Doing this much MODing, restarting the game, it gets a bit irritating having to wait so long - especially on my laptop!

Coffee-Man
x3tc

Post by Coffee-Man » Fri, 4. Sep 09, 13:18

@Alkeena:

Thx for your post and your suggestion, in fact I already know this trick for a long time, fud figuered it out and already posted it in this thread somewhere on the first pages. The reason why I'm not using this dock is simple:

Ships vary in size. If a dock is capable of docking every shipclass up to m6, I would have to add the dockingpoint in a distance to the carrier so that even the hyperion may dock without collision. That means, that an M5 on the other hand and also most M8s would "float" in space several km away from their carrier when docked. It would simply look ugly. Also every ship would use this dock. So docking your fighter and your M8 at the same time might lead to the fighter blocking the all-in-one-dockingposition and the M8 can't dock. I really want to spare you this kind of annoying micromanaging plus I already get a headache when I think of all the "bugreports" I'll get because of this "Feature" :D.

So sorry, I won't use these docks as they are simply unpractical to add and to use.

@101010:
Don't know what's about this cockpit, it's maybe for a turret? I'll have a look at it, the missspelling is definatly a bug, but I didn't change anything on the entries in the scenes, just added the hangars.
Even if it's placed exactly on the TS-docking-point it won't necessarily block your vision if a TS is docked. But I'll have a look at it.

@Draesk:
glad to hear you fixed the issues yourself. Couldn't help you, because I wasn't home and had no internet-access =(.
Finally someone who made a backup of his savegames :D.
To your Off-Topic-Questions I would suggest to ask in an own thread here on the board, don't think too many modders are looking into this old modthread any more ;).

Walterses
x3tc

Post by Walterses » Fri, 4. Sep 09, 15:04

lol ok coffe now i understand fully what you mean concerning the m8 topic. so really the only option us ppl have is to just create some new ships using the m3/m3+ hulls to give the illusion of bombers..? i touched on this up before.
ahh well ill see what happens as my modding ability is around 0 hehe

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Fri, 4. Sep 09, 16:46

@ fud: There are scripts to setup the extra ships included in his package.

@ Coffee-Man: I managed to largely avoid those issue by moving almost all of your docks and making a few new clamp types in my own mod, Bomber and Shuttle Docking: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=257062

Limbo365
x3ap

Post by Limbo365 » Sun, 13. Sep 09, 03:33

When I download the mod all i get is an empty zip folder? :cry:
its 1.8, ill try 1.8.1 now and see if it works, shud make no difference right? :?
Wanton Use of Nukes Blue Wing: Limbo
Quotes I like :-D
Klanthalas wrote:Who needs engineering when ya can just hit the control panel with a wrench
Gavrushka wrote:Huh, I'm no cheat, I'm not touching the infernal Springblossom I fly an unshielded Octopus with no upgrades and a damaged hull and when I want to take on a Xenon Q, I just hold my breath, roll down the window and throw pies at it..

StratonAce
x3

Post by StratonAce » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 04:54

I myself cannot even download 1.8. Is 1.8 available anywhere else? 1.8.1 downloads just fine, but I don't want my "Tships.txt" modded so I'm looking for the 1.8 version. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 21:05

Any plans to make 2.5 version?

**Edit** Ignore as it seems to work fine in 2.5 ;)
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Magnabyte
x4

Post by Magnabyte » Tue, 9. Feb 10, 01:42

don't suppose you could look into adding the new Normanddy SR2 could you, once thier finished, I can't play the game any more without this mod, its just to good, especially since I like to cruise in an M6 and sometimes you really need a fighter...

BiancoAngelo7
x3tc

Post by BiancoAngelo7 » Sat, 17. Apr 10, 04:20

To coffee man,

This is me trying to be better at using forums so I wont keep asking you questions in the post I made before.

I installed the hangar mod and it is FRIGIN AWESOME, so thank you for telling me about it! :)

I just wanted to ask you, I really have no need to dock a TS to my Aegir frigate, is there any way to replace the TS docking place with another place for a corvette? Currently I have docked 4 fighters and my Vidar corvette, if I could dock another corvetee instead of a transport I - WOULD - FRIGGIN - DIE - lol

Thank you for allyour help so far and I really hope you can tell me how to make this last wish possible :)

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Thu, 13. May 10, 02:16

Does this work ok with X3:TC 2.6?
Egosoft Wiki

ThomasAH
x4

Post by ThomasAH » Thu, 13. May 10, 12:27

TSM wrote:Does this work ok with X3:TC 2.6?
I'm no expert, but I don't think so.

You could try using Ship Rebalance Mod: Continued instead.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Thu, 13. May 10, 13:30

ThomasAH wrote:
TSM wrote:Does this work ok with X3:TC 2.6?
I'm no expert, but I don't think so.

You could try using Ship Rebalance Mod: Continued instead.
Aha thank you kind sir :D
Egosoft Wiki

Coffee-Man
x3tc

Post by Coffee-Man » Fri, 14. May 10, 12:59

I took a look at the patchnote of TC 2.6 (I'm still playing 2.1 because of the changes made to boarding with 2.5) but couldn't find anything mentioned which would involve changes to the Tships or the Scenefiles. So yes, this mod SHOULD work with TC 2.6.

Of course I can not promise it for sure, but it's worth giving a try ;).

CoffeeMan

cain'blood

Post by cain'blood » Mon, 26. Jul 10, 02:44

Just gave this a try. I got 2 'read text' messages on startup but besides that it doesn't seem to be working. Ideas anyone?
I'm playing 2.7.1

keo
xr

Post by keo » Thu, 29. Jul 10, 11:12

i play with 2.7.1 and this mod work well
i only rename tfiles for my language, no read text error now ..
and ships work .... u have to do 2 things ..or u buy a new 1 or u clone or made via cheat script ...after that all dockin slot work ok

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”