EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

[3.2/2.5 MOD] X3TC Naval Shuffle 1.3.3.3/1.1: Now reasonably AP compatable
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Sorenson

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sun, 18. Jul 10, 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hmmmm. This is getting to be rather worrysome: I've checked and double-checked these cases with my own copies and made sure that the copies of the mod I'm working with are the same as the release version, but I've never been able to replicate the incidents as reported, so I must be missing some crucial element regarding the turrets.

I'll be putting this in the OP, but from this point onward, if you're reporting any bugs or other unusual behavior, I'm going to need you folks to fill out the following information, and fill it out to the letter. I don't care if some of the entries require you to go digging around and noting each and every thing it requests, even the smallest scrap of information might be the key to solving a problem.

A) Game patch version (IE, 2.7.1)
B) Game distribution version (IE, Steam, Retail, etc)
C) Whether you CONTINUED an old PRE-SHUFFLE save game ar STARTED a NEW GAME after installing. if you continued a new game, congratulations: you most likely found the reason things are screwing up.
D) List of all MODS being run alongside the Naval Shuffle (IE, Complex Cleaner, Tubeless Complexes, etc)
E) List of all SCRIPTS being run alongside the Naval Shuffle, both those used with Plugin Manager and those of the direct-install variety

Zero12345678 wrote:
Dunno if it has been mentioned before, but I got myself the Advanced Eclipse in Ocracoake's storm and I cannot mount guns on my bottom turrets. I click the install weapons and nothing happens. I also can't use the turret as I cannot put it into a weapon group. I imagine this problem is due to you putting 2 guns per turret instead of the vanilla 1 as I had this problem when i tried to modify a ship a few days ago. But I have no idea how to fix this if this is indeed a bug and not just a lazy way rebalance the ship Razz

I went and snagged that very AE about 15 minutes ago to test the situation out, but no dice: the turrets are fine and free and can be loaded with whatever I bloody well please to load them with.

Quote:
Also, on the same eclipse, the ship can apparently mount 4 shields while the max shield in the description is 1x200 MJ. I can however mount 4x 200 MJ shields for a total of 800 MJ for shields. Seems a little overpowered to me as I am ramming M6s. But its actually kinda nice to have. Twisted Evil Not sure if this was intentional or some sorta bug but just thought i would throw it out there.

That's bizarre, but again, also unreplicable: the aforementioned test AE I claimed reads and registers only one generator, even if I stick three more of the things in its cargo hold. Can you proide more information, particularly in the format I just requested above?

Zero12345678

PostPosted: Sun, 18. Jul 10, 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Ok, so I tried to start a new game, and i found out that things are indeed different. Everything works fine with the eclipse. I also found out that my starting mamba goes at less than 400 m/s whereas in my game with the bugged eclipse, it went at well over 400 m/s. I believe this is cuz i started the new game, then realized i forgot to turn on the mod so i turned on the mod then. >.>

also, the eclipse had a different starting equipment loadout when i found it just now, it had 2x25MJ shields in the bugged version instead of 1x200MJ, maybe some other differences but i dun remember.

Here is the info u requested:

A)2.7.1
B)Retail
C)pre-shuffle game
D)none
E)cycrow's cheat script, but I didnt actually use it for anything in my bugged game if that makes a difference.

Zero12345678

PostPosted: Mon, 19. Jul 10, 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I seem to be experiencing another problem. My sector trader seems to not work. I have trade software MK3 on a Dolphin that I captured. I tried to set up a the ship as a sector trader on spaceweed drift, profit share, and finally home of light. I am not sure how the script worked in vanilla, but I saw energy cells being sold for 12 cr and nearby factories buying for at least 14 cr with the max being 17 cr. Yet my dolphin was still on standby.

Not only this, but every once in a while, it would say buying slaves, and then fail to buy them. I thought maybe there was a pirate base nearby or something, but there is nothing of the sort in home of light or any of the other 2 sectors.

My game stats are the same as above and I am sure I started a new game with naval shuffle turned on.

Sorenson

PostPosted: Mon, 19. Jul 10, 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Testing results are rather mixed on this: the initial attempt in the Shuffle using a Dolphin to start a sector trader in Home of Light while parked in Argon Prime failed, and doing the same in vanilla started the process as normal. Upon revisiting the Shuffle and starting a Baldric sector trader while IN-sector, however, the sector trader initialization worked, as did doing so in-sector with a Dolphin; killing the sector trader processes on the Dolphin and reinitializing its tour de Home of Light while in Argon Prime yielded a sector trader as normal.

I think the problem has nothing to do with the Shuffle but the scripting behavior the sector/universal trader uses, as I noticed that the first failed run had a trio of pirates in the sector, the second run was working until those same pirates entered the sector from somewhere and the trader went a'runnin, and the third and fourth traders were initialized AFTER the pirates got wiped out by sector defense forces. IIRC, Spaceweed Drift and Profit Share are frequented by pirates, so this may just be an issue of the trader having a panic attack the second red appears on its radar.

Zero12345678

PostPosted: Tue, 20. Jul 10, 03:04    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

My main concern was that my sector trader was trying to buy slaves in home of light and spaceweed drift. Granted I never paid much attention to my traders before, but this is the first time i have seen it go for illegal goods in a core sector. It is also weird as I do not believe slaves are produced anywhere. I dun have a screen shot, but it was trying to BUY slaves. I will try running the sector trader some more and see if i see anymore slaves show up.

a butternut squash

PostPosted: Tue, 20. Jul 10, 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Yo, a quick q: can this be installed as a 'fake patch' rather than using the /mod folder method?

Aquitaine

PostPosted: Tue, 20. Jul 10, 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

a butternut squash wrote:
Yo, a quick q: can this be installed as a 'fake patch' rather than using the /mod folder method?

Yes (I think pretty much any mod can be installed this way). I have it running as a fake patch so that I can use the engine trails mod with it.

a butternut squash

PostPosted: Tue, 20. Jul 10, 16:29    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Aquitaine wrote:
a butternut squash wrote:

Yes (I think pretty much any mod can be installed this way). I have it running as a fake patch so that I can use the engine trails mod with it.

Awesome, got it running with a whole new install. Time to cheat myself some of my old stuff back...

Beastro

PostPosted: Fri, 23. Jul 10, 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Quote:
Can't select categories or not type in links.php

Getting that trying to DL from filefront.

Sorenson

PostPosted: Sat, 24. Jul 10, 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

It looks like the whole site is on the fritz, I was trying to download a mod for Sword of the Stars and it crapped out on every single attempt. I suppose I should go toss a mirror up on Megaupload or whatever.

Requiemfang

PostPosted: Tue, 3. Aug 10, 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

any word on re-uping any of your scripts?

Wingwalker

PostPosted: Wed, 4. Aug 10, 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

This mod has made this game more Fun.Thanks for all your hard work.

Wilson-MG-

PostPosted: Tue, 10. Aug 10, 15:46    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I'm using several scripts that I want to continue to use, but I would definitely like to try this mod. I'm curious if anyone's tested this mod with these scripts:

CODEA
MEFOS
Military Transports
Personnel Transporter
Light Support Drone Carrier
Capital Ship Energy Cell Generator
Marine Repairs

ImprovedRaces R14 RC24 - This is one that I could see being a problem.

www.MilitaryGamers.com
Gazz
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)

PostPosted: Tue, 10. Aug 10, 16:26    Post subject: Re: [2.7.1 MOD] X3TC Naval Shuffle Reply with quote Print

Sorenson wrote:
The list of confirmed conflicting mods at this time includes:
Complex Cleaner by Gazz (Tfactories): The Naval Shuffle changes the assigned models for a number of the Terran Factories to make them complex-compatable the old fashioned way, which conflicts with Gazz's complex cleaner TFactories file. To get around this problem a secondary version of the Shuffle has been included which lacks the changed factories file, which lets the Shuffle and the Complex Cleaner play nicely together (and believe you me, they do).

The easiest way to compatibility would be to paste the handful of "CC factories" (easy to spot) to the end of your TFactories.
Then, when someone installs the CC scripts/tfile, everything klicks into place.
The factories are set to Xenon race so it's unlikely they would be built unintentionally by any but the most careless scripts.

Quote:
MARS Fire Control by Gasz: The data that MARS uses to do whatever it does is coded into the script files themselves instead of calculating based on current game data, so MARS doesn't work with the Shuffle owing to the changes made to many weapons.

Nothing is hardcoded in the script files. You must be confusing it with good ole' AEGIS.

What's required is a TFile to supply those bits of data (such as bullet shape specific effects), that are not available to the script engine.
See the MARS FAQ.

epion

MEDAL

PostPosted: Sat, 14. Aug 10, 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I have got a problem with this mod and my Compley. The output of my XLPowerplant in my Complex is only 10(!!!!) after 1min. One of my normal Powerplants does 5530 after 3min ... can someone help?

sry for my english ...

Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 33, 34, 35  Next