[MOD][TC] Advanced Weapons Research Mod (AWRM) [v0.33/R13 - Sa-02-Jul-2011]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 21. Jul 10, 20:51

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:I am already allowing the integration of my mod with other mods so if the CMOD3 wishes to integrate my weapons and adjust them accordingly that is down to the CMOD3 authors.
I do not use CMOD3 myself and the two will conflict because both modify TLasers/TBullets files... So as it stands you will either get my extra weapons or the CMOD3 balance and effects.

It should be possible to do an end-user merge, by taking the last few entries of my mods TLasers/TBullets files and appending them to the CMOD3 TLasers/TBullets files.

If someone provides me with CMOD3 balanced stats, then and only then will I even consider releasing a CMOD3 compatability patch. If the balance mapping is simple I will even try to keep the CMOD3 compatability patch up to date. For now though, nothing is going to happen until someone provides me with the CMOD3 balanced stats.

Either way, my intention is to keep my mod in-line with Vanilla and have no intention of personally maintaining more than one version of the mod. I simply do not have the personal time to do so.

[EDIT]Forgot to mention TBullets originally... now corrected[/EDIT]
Last edited by Sam L.R. Griffiths on Sun, 25. Jul 10, 00:50, edited 1 time in total.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 11:08

If someone provides me with CMOD3 balanced stats, then and only then will I even consider releasing a CMOD3 compatability patch. If the balance mapping is simple I will even try to keep the CMOD3 compatability patch up to date. For now though, nothing is going to happen until someone provides me with the CMOD3 balanced stats.
Damn. I have the CMOD3 ballance stats on my PC but...it's 400 miles away from me. I might have them on my emergency backup DVDs, so I try to find them ASAP.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 22:01

mr.WHO wrote:
Damn. I have the CMOD3 ballance stats on my PC but...it's 400 miles away from me. I might have them on my emergency backup DVDs, so I try to find them ASAP.
I do mean CMOD3 balance for the AWRM weapons so I can take the CMOD3 TLasers/TBullets files and append the AWRM weapons with appropriatly balanced stats... not just the CMOD3 weapon stats... I could dig those out myself ;)

[EDIT]Forgot to mention TBullets originally... now corrected[/EDIT]
Last edited by Sam L.R. Griffiths on Sun, 25. Jul 10, 00:52, edited 1 time in total.

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 25. Jul 10, 00:48

unknown1 wrote:how can i upgrade from an earlier version wthout ruining the game?
also is it possible to alter the damages done by your weapons using the x 3 editor without breaking the game?i want to minimise all the capital weapons by at least 25% in order to sustain longer battles.
Sorry about the delay in answering your question...

Apart from some of the really early versions of the mod (where I was fine tuning the MD part), upgrading to the latest version should be a simple matter of installing the new version over the top of the old one.

If using the SPK version you may need to be a little cautious about backing up your save files, but it should work with saves using older versions of the mod (it should automatically upgrade the save for you).

WRT customising the weapons, just use XEditor 3 to edit the TBullets and TLasers files as you want after installing the mod. Should not break the game but it will alter the balance so be carefull what you wish for... :wink:

Topcross
x3tc

Post by Topcross » Sat, 7. Aug 10, 21:50

Are you planning on adding some kind of HQ for this cooporation? Because the way you have to purchase the weapons can get quite annoying. :)

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 8. Aug 10, 04:01

Topcross wrote:Are you planning on adding some kind of HQ for this cooporation? Because the way you have to purchase the weapons can get quite annoying. :)
No, but I have been considering implementing a different way of accessing the shop (perhaps extended ship/station command... not sure yet)

Botpwned
x3tc

Re: Huh?

Post by Botpwned » Fri, 10. Sep 10, 11:42

StarCrack wrote:mars uses a text file "7046-L044" for weapon swaping was just wunndering if any one had updated one to add you new guns
Hm I always thought that o wait no I get it...I totally agree with ya I will see if I can't get it working....Always liked mars....shouldn't be too hard just need to let it recognize the new guns. ( which means adding in the laser values woot!)

Btw Roger I always thought that Cycrow's Plugin manager merges t files....

EDIT: StarCrack if you want the text file to make it work with AWRM pm me and i will send it your way
Last edited by Botpwned on Sat, 11. Sep 10, 06:58, edited 1 time in total.
If your best is not good enough why even try?
SEE THIS, SEE THIS!!! YOU BEEN TROLLED!

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Fri, 10. Sep 10, 12:00

Is there a way to rebalance this to the same as Naval Shuffle? Mainly cos I grabbed the APE (Terran IRE) and it was about 1/4 the power of a normal IRE. Very surprising when most Terran weapons are usually twice the power of equivalent Comm weapons.

Must admit that was during my first foray into the game and there may have been Tfiles conflicts.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Botpwned
x3tc

Post by Botpwned » Fri, 10. Sep 10, 12:06

well you could modify the properties yourself to make them exactly the same as the commonwealth ones if you want :P

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Fri, 10. Sep 10, 12:54

Bleh that's not the issue. I can and have done that. I was just reporting that it maybe something that needs checking, or I may have had a TLasers override his one before I knew what TLasers was!
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Botpwned
x3tc

Post by Botpwned » Fri, 10. Sep 10, 13:02

:P I am just trying to figure out how to implement his lasers into mars so it recognises it.....I know it's the 7047-L044 file and I know the section but not what to put in :P

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 10. Sep 10, 20:34

TrixX wrote:Is there a way to rebalance this to the same as Naval Shuffle? Mainly cos I grabbed the APE (Terran IRE) and it was about 1/4 the power of a normal IRE. Very surprising when most Terran weapons are usually twice the power of equivalent Comm weapons.

Must admit that was during my first foray into the game and there may have been Tfiles conflicts.
The APE is balanced with respect to the EMPC, on a per bullet basis:-
  • APE has a little more than twice the hull damage of an IRE bullet
    APE has a little less than 50% of the shield damage of an IRE bullet
    APE has about 75% of the range of an IRE bullet
    APE has about half the speed of an IRE bullet
on a gun basis
  • APE has about 75% of the refire rate
    APE is about 4% more manouverable
    APE requires about 3 times as much battery power before it can fire
but it also has the PAC feature.

The APE looks a bit weak v IRE, but the CPC/NPC/EPC are a bit more potent. Consider it a flawed weapon for now, may look into rebalancing it later. At the moment I am investigating adding a Spirit Industries HQ, no positive progress so far but watch this space.

EDIT: Next release will add the Flak effect to the APE which should make it a little more potent in theory.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 04:13

Oops done it again! :oops:
Last edited by Sam L.R. Griffiths on Sun, 19. Sep 10, 16:26, edited 2 times in total.

Botpwned
x3tc

Post by Botpwned » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 11:25

Arg! a teaser release the version already! I need to outfit my fleet with new lazor beams!

But I suppose getting it right the first time is always a good thing...patience too...too bad I have none.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 23:34

Botpwned wrote:Arg! a teaser release the version already! I need to outfit my fleet with new lazor beams!
As an old associate of mine used to say: "Fill ya boots" ;)

Status Update
Formal v0.9 release!

Please see my blog for the latest information.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 19. Sep 10, 16:27

Status Update
Notification of pending v0.10 release!

Changes include:-
  • 1. Added Enhanced APE/NPC/CPC/EPC (+50% rate of damage/bullet speed/range, double energy cost per second, half refire rate, S class but double cargo capacity)
    2. Added Advanced APE/NPC/CPC/EPC (+125% rate of damage/bullet speed/range, quadruple energy cost per second, quarter refire rate, S class but quadruple cargo capacity)
New weapons should appear in Spirit Industries HQ at time of next restock from stores (5 minutes or less).

Considering adding Enhanced/Advanced variants of some of the Commonwealth weapons perhaps via a new Joint Commonwealth Research Agency station (Considering Teladi racial ownership due to apparent neutrality and probably located in Seizwell, Goners are perhaps too close to the Terrans politically).

Any particular Commonwealth weapons you think need improved versions over Vanilla in answer to the new Terran advancements?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 21. Sep 10, 04:12

Status Update
Updated information on pending v0.10 release!

Changes include:-
  • 1. Added Enhanced APE/NPC/CPC/EPC (+50% rate of damage/bullet speed/range, double energy cost per second, half refire rate, S class but double cargo capacity)
    2. Added Advanced APE/NPC/CPC/EPC (+125% rate of damage/bullet speed/range, quadruple energy cost per second, quarter refire rate, S class but quadruple cargo capacity)
    3. Added Enhanced IRE/PAC/HEPT/PPC (+50% rate of damage, +25% cost per second, half refire rate, same cargo class but double cargo size)
    4. Added Advanced IRE/PAC/HEPT/PPC (+125% rate of damage, +50% cost per second, quarter refire rate, same cargo class but quadruple cargo size)
    5. Added Prototype IRE/PAC (+10% range/rate of damage, +50% cost per second, +50% price, same cargo class and size)
New terran weapons should appear in Spirit Industries HQ at time of next restock from stores (5 minutes or less). New Commonwealth weapons amongst some other things will appear in the new Teladi owned station Joint Commonwealth Research Agency (JCRA) HQ located in the
Spoiler
Show
Teladi
sector located near
Spoiler
Show
Xenon
space called
Spoiler
Show
Grand Exchange

Thanks to NovaCatt for inspiration for the Commonwealth weapons.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 22. Sep 10, 07:46

Status Update
Formal v0.10 release!

Please note that the CMOD compatability patch still needs to updated for this new release.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 26. Sep 10, 14:55

Status Update
Formal v0.11 release!

Please note that the CMOD compatability patch still needs to updated for this new release.

rctamiya
x4

Post by rctamiya » Sat, 2. Oct 10, 00:22

Does someone got a t-file for mars for the newest version of AWRM?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”