[3.2/2.5 MOD] X3TC Naval Shuffle 1.3.3.3/1.1: Now reasonably AP compatable

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

a butternut squash
x3tc

Post by a butternut squash » Tue, 20. Jul 10, 14:55

Yo, a quick q: can this be installed as a 'fake patch' rather than using the /mod folder method?

Aquitaine
x4

Post by Aquitaine » Tue, 20. Jul 10, 15:15

a butternut squash wrote:Yo, a quick q: can this be installed as a 'fake patch' rather than using the /mod folder method?
Yes (I think pretty much any mod can be installed this way). I have it running as a fake patch so that I can use the engine trails mod with it.

a butternut squash
x3tc

Post by a butternut squash » Tue, 20. Jul 10, 16:29

Aquitaine wrote:
a butternut squash wrote:Yo, a quick q: can this be installed as a 'fake patch' rather than using the /mod folder method?
Yes (I think pretty much any mod can be installed this way). I have it running as a fake patch so that I can use the engine trails mod with it.
Awesome, got it running with a whole new install. Time to cheat myself some of my old stuff back...

Beastro
x3tc

Post by Beastro » Fri, 23. Jul 10, 20:12

Can't select categories or not type in links.php
Getting that trying to DL from filefront.

Sorenson
x3tc

Post by Sorenson » Sat, 24. Jul 10, 21:06

It looks like the whole site is on the fritz, I was trying to download a mod for Sword of the Stars and it crapped out on every single attempt. I suppose I should go toss a mirror up on Megaupload or whatever.
X3TC Naval Shuffle: My ships are fast; my shields are strong; and my guns are very, very large.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Tue, 3. Aug 10, 21:44

any word on re-uping any of your scripts?

Wingwalker
x3

Post by Wingwalker » Wed, 4. Aug 10, 23:05

This mod has made this game more Fun.Thanks for all your hard work.
Wingwalker.Bill

Wilson-MG-
x4

Post by Wilson-MG- » Tue, 10. Aug 10, 15:46

I'm using several scripts that I want to continue to use, but I would definitely like to try this mod. I'm curious if anyone's tested this mod with these scripts:

CODEA
MEFOS
Military Transports
Personnel Transporter
Light Support Drone Carrier
Capital Ship Energy Cell Generator
Marine Repairs

ImprovedRaces R14 RC24 - This is one that I could see being a problem.

Gazz
x4

Re: [2.7.1 MOD] X3TC Naval Shuffle

Post by Gazz » Tue, 10. Aug 10, 16:26

Sorenson wrote:The list of confirmed conflicting mods at this time includes:
Complex Cleaner by Gazz (Tfactories): The Naval Shuffle changes the assigned models for a number of the Terran Factories to make them complex-compatable the old fashioned way, which conflicts with Gazz's complex cleaner TFactories file. To get around this problem a secondary version of the Shuffle has been included which lacks the changed factories file, which lets the Shuffle and the Complex Cleaner play nicely together (and believe you me, they do).
The easiest way to compatibility would be to paste the handful of "CC factories" (easy to spot) to the end of your TFactories.
Then, when someone installs the CC scripts/tfile, everything klicks into place.
The factories are set to Xenon race so it's unlikely they would be built unintentionally by any but the most careless scripts.

MARS Fire Control by Gasz: The data that MARS uses to do whatever it does is coded into the script files themselves instead of calculating based on current game data, so MARS doesn't work with the Shuffle owing to the changes made to many weapons.
Nothing is hardcoded in the script files. You must be confusing it with good ole' AEGIS.

What's required is a TFile to supply those bits of data (such as bullet shape specific effects), that are not available to the script engine.
See the MARS FAQ.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

epion
x4

Post by epion » Sat, 14. Aug 10, 20:12

I have got a problem with this mod and my Compley. The output of my XLPowerplant in my Complex is only 10(!!!!) after 1min. One of my normal Powerplants does 5530 after 3min ... can someone help?

sry for my english ...

Chaos565
x4

Post by Chaos565 » Sat, 14. Aug 10, 22:27

has anyone had problems with this mod being compatible with Cadius's Xtra ships/stations mod?
""Sometimes I feel like a prophet, misunderstood,
under the gun like a new disease""

Sorenson
x3tc

Post by Sorenson » Wed, 18. Aug 10, 01:45

Rejoyce! Your neglectful benifactor has returned, if only to poke his head out for a quick scan before sinking another 50 hours into Sim City 4.
epion wrote:I have got a problem with this mod and my Compley. The output of my XLPowerplant in my Complex is only 10(!!!!) after 1min. One of my normal Powerplants does 5530 after 3min ... can someone help?
Hmm. SPP output dropping to ten occurs as a result of trying to directly strip out the crystal resource from the station via self-contained and conventional scripts - this is why the Crystal Remover is divided into both the actual scripts and the target-seeking director file, as the latter sidesteps some aspect of the process which causes the SPP to recalculate its output the way it'll do normally. While it's possible and probable that the Crystal Remover does somehow have a role in what you're experiencing, the problem is that it looks like it's being egged on by something else - I just did a test with an XL SPP and L Cattle Ranch complexed together, and output remained stable for the SPP, even after I saved, quit, and reloaded in order to trigger the Crystal Remover again. Are you running any other scripts or mods that affect SPPs and/or complexes in some way?
Chaos565 wrote:has anyone had problems with this mod being compatible with Cadius's Xtra ships/stations mod?
Given the name I wouldn't be surprised at all that it and the Shuffle are havin' a good ol' slap fight over the ship and station files. Two mods enter, both mods crash! Two mods enter, both mods crash!
Gazz wrote:Nothing is hardcoded in the script files. You must be confusing it with good ole' AEGIS.

What's required is a TFile to supply those bits of data (such as bullet shape specific effects), that are not available to the script engine.
See the MARS FAQ.
What

Holy crap, I may actually get the Shuffle MARS compatable after all!
X3TC Naval Shuffle: My ships are fast; my shields are strong; and my guns are very, very large.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Tue, 24. Aug 10, 00:00

I was wondering if there was a way that the Battlestar Ships and the XtraShips mod could work in with Naval Shuffle too. The ships that are added certainly add atmosphere and fulfil missing roles in a lot of the fleets, not to mention the Baldric Super Freighter :)

Trouble is they are still set to either Vanilla or you have to use SRM which runs a totally different balance setup. Personally I prefer the Naval Shuffle setup, though play with SRM due to the XtraShips. Very frustrating in an M3 limited to 169m/s....
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Sun, 29. Aug 10, 04:34

Just noticed a couple of errors in Tlasers - some weapons are missing sounds. Is this intended?

Weapons missing sounds are Ion Distruptor, Plasma Burst Generator and Phased Shockwave Generator.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

40Inch
x3

Post by 40Inch » Sun, 29. Aug 10, 07:30

Sorenson wrote:
Gazz wrote:Nothing is hardcoded in the script files. You must be confusing it with good ole' AEGIS.

See the MARS FAQ.
What

Holy crap, I may actually get the Shuffle MARS compatable after all!
Please make this happen.

Aquitaine
x4

Post by Aquitaine » Sun, 29. Aug 10, 14:30

Posting just to grovel more for MARS support. That is all.

Grovel grovel,
Aq

Stealth17
x3tc

Post by Stealth17 » Sun, 29. Aug 10, 15:26

Hey guys,

I installed the mod over a clean installation of X3TC 2.71 and started a new game. So far I can't see any changes. The cargo bays of the Mercury for example hasn't increased and I can't see the new factories for purchase at the Argon Shipyard (Argon Prime).

I've already enabled the Script Editor but no joy.

What am I not doing that I should be doing to activate this mod?

EDIT: Never mind. Got it working as a fake patch.
Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn...

Aquitaine
x4

Post by Aquitaine » Sun, 29. Aug 10, 18:55

Question about the Complex Cleaner and this mod.

I've always used the complex cleaner. It was the only way to have a big industrial empire without slowing your system to a crawl.

My question is, if you use the crystal-free SPP with the TFactories from this mod, is it still necessary? Do your complexes still get so astronomically large as to seriously impact performance? I don't mind a small hit, but do people play long games with this mod and no complex cleaner and come out of it OK?

Also, is the only thing that you'll miss by using the Complex Cleaner the reduced SPP price, or will you also miss out on the cycle time changes?

Sorenson
x3tc

Post by Sorenson » Tue, 31. Aug 10, 07:25

TrixX wrote:Just noticed a couple of errors in Tlasers - some weapons are missing sounds. Is this intended?

Weapons missing sounds are Ion Distruptor, Plasma Burst Generator and Phased Shockwave Generator.
Just checked. Ion Disruptor sounds fine, but the PBG and PSG are out like you described. Funny thing is, this doesn't seem to be a problem of the Shuffle itself, but of the core game - the guns don't have a sound effect in Vanilla, either. I'm guessing this is because of their multi-hit effect: because it's a giant p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-ping!-fest whenever you hit something with the latter 2 the devs figured adding an actual firing sound would be like toping an ice cream sundae with shaved ice. I suppose I can do a crawl through the various Tlaser iterations to see if they ever DID have an actual effect and use that.
Stealth17 wrote:Hey guys,

I installed the mod over a clean installation of X3TC 2.71 and started a new game. So far I can't see any changes. The cargo bays of the Mercury for example hasn't increased and I can't see the new factories for purchase at the Argon Shipyard (Argon Prime).

I've already enabled the Script Editor but no joy.

What am I not doing that I should be doing to activate this mod?

EDIT: Never mind. Got it working as a fake patch.
Forgive me if I sound like a smug jerk, but did you activate the mod?
Aquitaine wrote:Question about the Complex Cleaner and this mod.

I've always used the complex cleaner. It was the only way to have a big industrial empire without slowing your system to a crawl.

My question is, if you use the crystal-free SPP with the TFactories from this mod, is it still necessary? Do your complexes still get so astronomically large as to seriously impact performance? I don't mind a small hit, but do people play long games with this mod and no complex cleaner and come out of it OK?

Also, is the only thing that you'll miss by using the Complex Cleaner the reduced SPP price, or will you also miss out on the cycle time changes?
Cycle times are a factor of individual ware values: TFactories just controls stuff like volume when in a hold, their value, the model they use, so on and so on. Because the Crystal-Free SPP is based on a whole lot of directing and scripting wizardry that goes way over my head but is nevertheless quite appreciable you should have no problem using it in combo with Complex Cleaner. And as for complex performance impact using CFSPPs, it'll still take a hit like it always does when you encounter complexes of such enormous magnitude, though not having to have additional crystal fabs and silicon mines and whatever else you need does help you out a bit.

Sorenson
x3tc

Post by Sorenson » Tue, 31. Aug 10, 07:34

TrixX wrote:I was wondering if there was a way that the Battlestar Ships and the XtraShips mod could work in with Naval Shuffle too. The ships that are added certainly add atmosphere and fulfil missing roles in a lot of the fleets, not to mention the Baldric Super Freighter :)

Trouble is they are still set to either Vanilla or you have to use SRM which runs a totally different balance setup. Personally I prefer the Naval Shuffle setup, though play with SRM due to the XtraShips. Very frustrating in an M3 limited to 169m/s....
I suppose it's possible to merge the Shuffle and those other things. Only thing is, I am a very lazy and very flighty sonofagun, so the chances of me actually getting around to doing it are astronomically slim. That, and I have no interest in the mods you mentioned, I'm afraid - if I actually cared or made use of them like with the Complex Cleaner (and if I could pass the bulk of the work off to some willing peons) I'd certainely accomidate, but it's the same story as with MARS: if I don't care about it, I ain't accomidatin' it (though I am long overdue on MARS and HAVE kinda' made promises to do SOMETHING regarding it...OK, this turned out to be a real bad example, but I think you get the idea.)

As for the XML stuff from that message you sent, I don't have the stuff on hand (or really know what you're talking about for that matter) but should my attention flutter over the Shuffle's way again I'll root around and see what I can scrape up.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”