[MD] Change Population [V1.0][17.07.2010]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

[MD] Change Population [V1.0][17.07.2010]

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Sat, 17. Jul 10, 16:02

[MD] Change Population [V1.0]

A cooperation of Ketraar (Coder) and Alex Vanderbilt

With this MD-script you can change the population of your own sector.

Requirement:

A New Home needs to be finshed.

Use:

Unpack the downloaded archive "Alter_sector_pop.7z" into the main directory of X3TC. The MD-script should be put into the correct folder automatically. Accept any message regarding replacement of folders or files.

* Start the game and load the savegame in which you own the sector. Once loaded, change your name (press [p] and then [m]) into "alterpop". After this the population of your sector will be set to a random value between 50,000 and 15,000,000.
* After this step, you should change your name once again into "resetalterpop" to keep the change. If you feel the urge to change the sector's population again, you can do so after this step.
* Now, you can save the game and leave it and remove the file "Alter_sector_pop.xml" from the directory folder.
* After reloading the save, you can change your name back in the original one.

This MD-script is only compatible with X3TC 2.5 and higher.

Available Languages:

English, German, Spanish

DOWNLOAD

Versions

17.07.2010 - V1.0

AV

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sat, 17. Jul 10, 20:09

I had no idea, after playing these games for years, that population was a factor. Have I missed something? (not sure I finished "A New Home" yet...)

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Sat, 17. Jul 10, 21:17

Actually, it has no influence on anything in a sector and is just a number to give the sectors some sort of "live". What exactly it may represent in your sector depends on your imagination. ;) Workforce, slaves, scientists, family...

AV

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sun, 18. Jul 10, 00:40

OK. Good original concept. could come into play with some of the race invasion and sector takeover scripts.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sun, 18. Jul 10, 03:10

Would make sense actually if you got a script where you take sectors over and have tax on the planets, larger the population the more you get payed in taxes :wink:

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Sun, 18. Jul 10, 14:16

Which would work only if you could register the population count via script or MD, but I have doubts that this was possible.

AV

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Sun, 18. Jul 10, 14:22

The next version of STO will include both, sector renaming and sector-population-changing, as I am working on building facilities on owned planets (just menu, no planet-landing)...
unfortunatly Jens Ka and I did the same MD-script already before this one... and a SE-lib will also be included ;)

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Sun, 18. Jul 10, 14:46

Shouldn't be much of a problem as your script package is for all sectors, this MD-script, however, is for the player sector only. :)

AV

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Thu, 9. Sep 10, 16:08

This is great for Improved Races. As I build my empire I will add population per sector taken over to my home sector, giving more taxes for my invasion.

thanks

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”