X3TC Bonus Pack - Script Submission Details

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lothai

Post by Lothai » Mon, 5. Jul 10, 09:40

ok friend really sorry about this but i didn't find anywhere else to post it... ok thanks :)

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Tue, 24. Aug 10, 19:19

Ok, maybe I can get a clear answer on this. If I do I may just be motivated at this point to do it. My idea is a standalone script that has only one function. To manage the docking of player stations. What I mean by this is lets say you have an Equipment dock and there are 10 Strong Arms Weapon Dealers docked (these seem to be the worse with this problem) and for some reason they just won't leave the station... EVER, for some reason. What I want to happen is for the player to be able to force those ships to undock since they are serving no purpose, so you can open up you docks to your ships and active NPC traders.

Would something like this get signed?

So far in my games the only other option is to "erase" the affected dock//station and start over, this costs money and time and is completely unreasonable. The way I could see this working (not familiar with scripting at this point but I can learn anything very quickly when motivated, I've modded other games before myself) is to give them the "job" return home and if they are homeless (lol) then set them to follow a random ship of the same class.

K_urza
x4

Post by K_urza » Mon, 27. Sep 10, 08:04

hi

i have my X3TC on my steam account do you know how i add the bonus pack to it please?

apella
x3tc

Post by apella » Sun, 16. Jan 11, 15:17

K_urza: just run the installer, and when it asks you where to install it, point it to the folder of your Steam installation.

(standard would be
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\steamapps\common\x3 terran conflict
I believe, I have it installed at a different place. The final part (starting from Steam\steamapps\... is always the same though)

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Thu, 17. Mar 11, 03:51

Need a ware or script that allows the same way OOS battles to happen as if you were IS.
Non of the scripts already made can not fully subsitute as you watch your ships fight from in sector.

Once you pass OOS and those ship suddenly don't have the ability to fight effectively.

Maybe a ware or object installed on the ships.
If your in one system, maybe you can monitor the map and have some sort of ware that links your ship with the battling wing or OOS ships. Your ships would then have the ability to fight like if your IS.
You think a hero is some weird sandwitch and not a guy attacking a Xeno J with a kestrel.

Sir.. I said .. A guy attacking a J with a kestrel is the sandwitch.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 17. Mar 11, 17:47

this is the wrong place to ask for script requests, this thread is about how to submit scripts for the bonus pack.

also, ur idea isn't really doable. As collision detection is disabled in OOS, making it work the same as IS simply wont work.

and its not something scripts have much control over either

Al Zheimer

Post by Al Zheimer » Wed, 29. Feb 12, 03:21

Not really a question, just a comment on the whole "what constitutes a cheat" issue.

Imagine X3 was a multi-player game.
Imagine someone else installed a script / mod that you don't have.

Now ask yourself:

Does that script give him / her an unfair advantage against you (ex., the ability to travel faster than you can, to carry larger cargo than you can, etc.)? If so, the script is a "cheat".

Does the script merely make something more convenient (ex., save a few keypresses / mouse clicks, or display information in a more organised manner, etc.)? If so, it isn't a "cheat".

If a mod adds new content (ex., new ships, new types of cargo), then it becomes a matter of balance (does the new ship fit somewhere between two existing models, or is it objectively better in every way?).

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”