[MOD][TC] Advanced Weapons Research Mod (AWRM) [v0.33/R13 - Sa-02-Jul-2011]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Patholos
x4

Post by Patholos » Fri, 11. Jun 10, 06:38

Tested it out, and oh yes. It met my expectations ;)

I give this mod three cheese sandwiches and a cold beer.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 11. Jun 10, 21:28

Cadius adviced me to present you my ideas about two new Terran weapons that could be useful in your mod:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 78#3302878

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 11. Jun 10, 23:09

Thanks for the input guys... will look into the suggestions.

Adding a Terran version of the MD is plausable (will probably look at making it a little beefier perhaps and based on the EMPC mount - will look into it and try to balance it appropriatly - perhaps even make it energy based proving how Terran technology has advanced but will try to balance it with the current weapons), and making PBE/IRE alternatives to the EMPC should be doable.

Will look at the other suggestions and see what I can put together with vanilla weapon balance in mind - I am already allowing the integration of my mod with other mods so if the CMOD3 wishes to integrate my weapons and adjust them accordingly that is down to the CMOD3 authors.

Will aim to get a 0.7 out with at least some of the requested weapons this weekend.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 12. Jun 10, 04:05

Status Update
0.7 development under way...

Planning to release FOUR new fighter class weapons:-
  • APE (Alpha Particle Emitter) - Similar to an IRE but 25% of the cost of the EMPC
    PNC (Phased Neutron Cannon) - Basically an energy based Mass Driver costed at 50% of the EMPC
    EPC (Electron Particle Cannon) - Similar to a PBE but costed at 50% of the EMPC
    CPC (Charged Positron Cannon) - Disrupts shields, weapons, and engines but does little damage to the target costed at 50% of the EMPC
All have 1km with 1km/s speed (bar the APE which has only 500m/s speed) and ~314 rounds per minute refire rate.

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 12. Jun 10, 08:17

Status Update
Formal v0.7 release!

Please see my blog for the latest information.

MadMan983
x3tc

Post by MadMan983 » Sat, 12. Jun 10, 08:23

are you going to release a version merged with CMOD3? or at least balanced like CMOD 3 so i can merge them myself
When ever people agree with me i always feel i must be wrong.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 12. Jun 10, 08:50

MadMan983 wrote:are you going to release a version merged with CMOD3? or at least balanced like CMOD 3 so i can merge them myself
No, there is no intention to do so at this time... my time is rather limited due to RW commitments, and my main focus is balancing versus vanilla.

The intent is to allow other modders to incorporate my new weapons into their mods (e.g. CMOD3) permit them to make appropriate "balancing" or "performance" adjustments to the weapons/bullets as they see fit providing they provide due credit for my work and reference which version of the AWRM they baseline from.

The detailed information about the weapon balance is kept up to date here on the TXU Wiki, so if anyone wants to send me CMOD3 balanced stats for the AWRM weapons I will publish (and try to maintain - depends on how different the balance is) a CMOD3 balance patch to aid with user merging.

StarCrack
x3tc

Mars + AWRM

Post by StarCrack » Sat, 12. Jun 10, 21:09

has any one made a 7046-L044 that adds the new weapons?

and if thay have can you post or PM me Please

Thanxs

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Re: Mars + AWRM

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 12. Jun 10, 21:44

StarCrack wrote:has any one made a 7046-L044 that adds the new weapons?

and if thay have can you post or PM me Please

Thanxs
Huh?

StarCrack
x3tc

Huh?

Post by StarCrack » Sat, 12. Jun 10, 23:16

mars uses a text file "7046-L044" for weapon swaping was just wunndering if any one had updated one to add you new guns

Thorbin
x3tc

Company wares menus blank

Post by Thorbin » Fri, 18. Jun 10, 05:19

I reinstalled X3TC recently, and updated to the latest patch (2.7.1). I started a new Terran Defender game, with Cadius' mod running. I docked at a station in Neptune and received a message from the company. When I agreed, the based menu of the company wares popped up, but all of the category menus were completely blank. Everything else about the script seems to be functioning properly (new weapon options listed for Terran ships according to type, messages working as they should). :?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 18. Jun 10, 09:13

That sounds weird, if you are getting the text for the other strings ok then the catagories should be fine too as they all come from the same file and number range. Will have a look at it later today. In the mean time, You might want to try reinstalling the AWRM mod and see if that resolves it.

EDIT: On second thoughts (after a quick check myself), and re-reading your post I think there is a simpler answer...

The shop script is working as designed... the menus will only be populated with stuff if you:-
  • (a) Have suitable cargo capacity/size for the items
    (b) Have sufficient cash
The odds are that you simply do not have the cash/cargo space.

Thorbin
x3tc

Post by Thorbin » Sat, 19. Jun 10, 01:52

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:That sounds weird, if you are getting the text for the other strings ok then the catagories should be fine too as they all come from the same file and number range. Will have a look at it later today. In the mean time, You might want to try reinstalling the AWRM mod and see if that resolves it.

EDIT: On second thoughts (after a quick check myself), and re-reading your post I think there is a simpler answer...

The shop script is working as designed... the menus will only be populated with stuff if you:-
  • (a) Have suitable cargo capacity/size for the items
    (b) Have sufficient cash
The odds are that you simply do not have the cash/cargo space.
Correct in both cases...I docked to the Neptune station soon after starting a brand new game. Needless to say my pilot has little cash to date. What amount of cash will I need before I can expect to see shop items appear in the menu(s)?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 19. Jun 10, 08:09

The APE sells for <80.7K (Check the TXU wiki for the this and the other non-vanilla weapons), but I think some of the missiles are cheaper than that (the rare missiles are sold for 50% over the top of their maximum market value). There are some items that cost over 1,000,000,000 Cr and many items at prices in between.

Basically, currently it will not offer you items that you can not carry/afford. In the light of this confusion, I will consider adding the unobtainable items to a separate section under each catagory rather than a complete ommision like it currently does.

Patholos
x4

Post by Patholos » Sat, 19. Jun 10, 10:07

I'm using this mod with RRF, where the RRF ships are coming out stacked with full sets of Advanced SSC/MAML and so on.

Terran xenophobia + awesome weapons technology = pummeling the sh*t out of the rest of the commonwealth, YAY!

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 19. Jun 10, 10:09

Patholos wrote:I'm using this mod with RRF, where the RRF ships are coming out stacked with full sets of Advanced SSC/MAML and so on.

Terran xenophobia + awesome weapons technology = pummeling the sh*t out of the rest of the commonwealth, YAY!
I suppose the Terrans are the new Kha'ak in your game :twisted: :roll:

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 26. Jun 10, 01:23

OOPS - Overwritten old post :oops:
Last edited by Sam L.R. Griffiths on Mon, 13. Sep 10, 04:13, edited 2 times in total.

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Sat, 17. Jul 10, 14:14

how can i upgrade from an earlier version wthout ruining the game?
also is it possible to alter the damages done by your weapons using the x 3 editor without breaking the game?i want to minimise all the capital weapons by at least 25% in order to sustain longer battles.

Wing2137
xr

Post by Wing2137 » Wed, 21. Jul 10, 10:28

Hello. I tried out this mod and I have to say, I am very pleased with NPC performance in Terran Ships now. PSP's are now useful to them and not only the player, considering only the player can charge them.

There is one particular issue however. It's more a matter of taste.

I use the CMOD3 Mod as well with this, and upon installing the AWRM Mod, my sound effects for Terran Weapons have changed. I tried starting a new game and installing the CMOD 3 last, but to no avail.

The mods seem to function perfectly together however, and all other effects are unchanged. It's simply a matter of the actual sound effects.

I very much prefer the sound effects for the Terran weapons in the CMOD3, especially the ones for the Matter/Anti-Matter Launchers and PSP's.

Here is a link to how they sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkgfWBzXLUA <---- M/A-M Launchers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIdiosTabwE <---- PSP's

Is there a way to change the sound files specifically back to the CMOD 3 ones?

I tried looking at the install package for AWRM that came from the ZIP file, and I honestly have no idea what I am doing... =/

I understand you stated you have no intention to merge this mod with the CMOD3 itself at the moment. All I'm asking is if it's possible to just change the sound effects back to CMOD3 at this time. If it's easy to do, and you can tell me where to look and what to replace, I will try it myself. If this is much more complicated than I am thinking at the moment, then I will patiently wait for a possible merge in the future. Thanks for a reply in advance. I really do enjoy this mod, I'd just like the old CMOD3 sound effects for the Terrans is all.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 21. Jul 10, 12:54

SPeaking of CMod3, any chance for CMod3 compatibile & ballanced version? Please, please, please :roll:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”