[MD] All Plots Complete - Terran Conflict

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dillpickle
x3tc

[MD] All Plots Complete - Terran Conflict

Post by dillpickle » Mon, 31. May 10, 13:11

All Plots Complete - Terran Conflict

This is for X3TC only, if used in AP it will make a mess of your universe.

This has come up a few times, where people want to start a new game, but don't want to do the plots, but want the rewards and benefits that come from doing the plots.

How it works

Within seconds after starting a new game or loading a save after installation, a message will pop up asking if you want to set the plots as complete.
There are two options, the first will set all the plots as complete, the second will cancel the cue allowing you to play the plots normally.

What it does

It cancels all the plots, and marks them as complete, so if a future plot is released that relies on plot 'X' being completed it should trigger it.

Your ATF rep is set to Research Access, as at the end of the Aldrin Expansion Mission.

You get an Unfocussed Jump Drive.

The Kha'ak sectors and Aldrin are added to your galaxy map.

Kha'ak aggression is set as at the end of Final Fury.

Plot reward ships are generated under control of various races, control will be turned over to the player when they enter the relevant sector. For example, when you enter Mars, there will be a Vidar, Scabbard and Rapier that are now yours.

Aldrin factories are rearranged as per the Aldrin expansion missions, and the Trans orbital accelerators are added to the sector.

The Terran Shipyard is added to Terran Unknown Sector 1, with all products added as per the end of the Aldrin Expansion Mission.

Argon M148 factories are all set as friendly.

The Hub is still between the two Xenon sectors, but on entering the hub sector control of the Hub is turned over to you, all gate sets are active and it has a full supply of ecells to move the gates.
Docked at the Hub are the Enhanced Dolphin and the Orca with the PHQ.

The Goner Temple is built complete with relevant wares.

Five minutes after you chose to set all plots s complete, you will get another message to select the player sector from a list, select and this sector and gates gets added.

In addition the Goner Ozias and #deca (Terran) are created, but are no longer invincible, and can be boarded.

You now get the option to play the Balance of Power (version 3.0) Plot, or to have it completed.

Final Fury Rank is added, as well as an option to receive a payment for Final fury.

Where to find everything

Terran Plot: Heretic's End: Three Rapiers. Mars: Vidar, Rapier and Scabbard. Venus: Advanced Discoverer. Earth: Claymore. Ocean of Fantasy: Cutlass. Aldrin: Scabbard (also #deca, now boardable). Unknown Sector East of Zyarth's Dominion (20-5): Abandoned Enhanced Jaguar.

Aldrin Expansion: Asteroid Belt: Baldric Miner. Aldrin 2: Mobile Mining Base Ship.

Goner Plot: Elysium of Light: Truelight Seeker - In addition the Ozias is now boardable, the Goner Temple is built with it's relevant wares, and you get the Unfocussed Jump Drive.

Kha'ak Plot (Final Fury): Argon M148: Griffon - this is already under player control.

Hub Plot: Hub Sector (13-8 ): Enhanced Dolphin.

PHQ Plot: Hub Sector (13-8 ): Orca - with PHQ in the cargo hold.

Treasure Hunt: Argon Prime: Xperimental Shuttle.

A New Home: Player Sector (20-2): From Zyarth's Dominion, head East into the Unknown Sector, then North to the Player Sector.

Balance of Power: Maelstrom: Fenrir and Mjollner. Thor and Valkyrie blueprints added to PHQ once it's built.

What it won't do

It won't allow you to choose which plots you want to do, it's an all or nothing deal.

I may look into doing one with the ability to select the plots you want completed, and those you wish to play, but will take more time and a lot more thought!!

Information:

Initially there were two versions, one that could only be used at the very beginning of the game, and the other at any time.
I have now rewritten it, so there is only one version which can be used at any stage, it will take into account of plots you have completed - so no duplicate rewards.. But will complete any that are part way through or not started, cleaning up and removing all plot objects, mission briefings and guidance.

Known Issues:

The only issue I've found (so far!) is if running the All Plots Complete when the Balance of Power would have already been triggered. If you choose to play this plot, it will get cancelled (briefly) and will then get reset and continue as normal (I hope!!)

Installation:

Extract the zip folder into your X3TC root folder, the files should end up in your director folder where they need to be.

Download sites:

I have moved all my downloads to NexusMods, in an effort to ensure they are still available to anybody that still wants to use them:

Dillpickle's Mission Director Collection for Terran Conflict

Many thanks to Apricotslice who has put them on his site Apricot Download Mirror Site Files are renamed with X3TC-Dillpickle on the front, and labelled in the name as "player aged" and "immediate effect".

Fixes:

05/06/2010 - Claymore and Rapier now appear at correct stations, not inaccessible in an undefined sector!
05/06/2010 - Terran Unknown Sector / Aldrin gate network now accessible when travelling initially from Neptune.

12/06/2010 - Added a small fix for the odd occasion the Baldric Miner ends up in an undefined sector.
12/06/2010 - Added checks for plots that my get triggered before the message is received (Terran, Terran Link, Goner and Final Fury) and remove plot related ships, actors, missions etc..
12/06/2010 - Increased Player Age upper limit on the first file, to allow other files to load first.

25/06/2010 - Fixed Gates between Player Sector and Unknown Sector.

02/11/2010 - Added the option to play or complete the Balance of Power (Version 3.0) Plot.
02/11/2010 - Added reward ship for completing Final Fury.
02/11/2010 - Added Final Fury Rank, and the option to take reward pay for Final Fury.

XRM and All Plots Complete

If you are using XRM and wish to use this, make sure you get the version from the XRM Thread as paulwheeler has made the necessary changes for it to be compatible.

Alternative Version:
As per Nanook's request in another thread, there is now an 'abandoned ship' version.

All the ships, with a few exceptions, are created as abandoned ships for the player to claim as and when he finds them. These ships are just bare hulls, no shields, no equipment, no nothing...

Exceptions:
  • Claymore - this will still be docked at the Torus, and turned over to the player when he enters the sector. This is because with collision avoidance being what it is in Terran sectors, and the very limited flight path in the sector, trying to claim an abandoned ship would most likely equal 'Game Over'...
  • The Griffon - this one is created outside of the actual missions, as it was added as an after thought, trying to do anything different with it just causes headaches...
  • The Orca, this will be abandoned in the hub sector, stripped of equipment etc... but it will still have the PHQ on board.
Ships created in Terran sectors tend to get moved around a lot due to collision avoidance, as they are no longer automatically turned over to the player, they will only show up when in scanner/satellite range, so they will take some searching for...

File available from the same place - will have 'abandoned_ship' in the file name, also available abandoned ship version of Interactive Plot Manager for Terran Conflict
Last edited by dillpickle on Tue, 29. Nov 16, 18:01, edited 15 times in total.

Captain CAVEMAN!!!
x3tc

Post by Captain CAVEMAN!!! » Mon, 31. May 10, 13:29

Hmmm i see to have a problem i have copied the Director folder to Terran Conflicts folder however i seem to recieve no message.

i have other mods installed could there be a conflict?

Captain C.

creidiki
xr

Post by creidiki » Mon, 31. May 10, 14:24

Neat.

Leeching.
I am not as think as you drunk I am.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 31. May 10, 17:14

1) Does it works as Fake patch?

2) Does it add Aldrin Expansion Sectors (gate conneted), Terran Shipyard with stations and Terran Gate in Neptune?

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 31. May 10, 17:32

1. No
2. Come on, at least make the effort to read the OP. :shock:

@dillpickle
I see you ware busy, well done. :thumb_up:

I few remarks if I may:

Code: Select all

<check_age value="{player.age}" min="1s" max="5s"/>
don't use max="" in these cases, its useless and causes nothing as trouble, should a slower load be the case the code wont trigger ever.

Also not using the path trough start.xml has an issue, as your MD file may be loaded after the plot ones, ships like the Asarja (GP) and Exterminator, just to name a few, but I guess you get what I mean.

Other than that its nicely coded and clean, well done :-)

MFG

Ketraar
Last edited by Ketraar on Mon, 31. May 10, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.

Captain CAVEMAN!!!
x3tc

Post by Captain CAVEMAN!!! » Mon, 31. May 10, 17:58

Hmm it still does not seem to work i have copied the files to directoory (and just about everywhere else in desperatrion :roll: )

However i have thiongs like Cadius ship pack and enhanced sector illumination ambience and backgrounds installed so could they be conflicting? i am really at a loss here

Captain C

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Mon, 31. May 10, 21:11

@ Captain CAVEMAN!!!

Just to check first that you have got the director folder in the right place, it should be in your main X3TC directory alongside all the CAT's and DAT's.

Assuming it is there and still not working, it could be as Ketraar pointed out, and all your other stuff is getting loaded first, so this one is missing it's trigger, in which case try downloading This Version. I have taken out the max value for the player age, so making it open ended.

This means it will trigger in any game whether plots are started, completed or not started, but will suffice as a workaround for now.

@Ketraar
Thanks once again for the feedback.

I used the max value on the player age to limit it to new games only, in order to avoid complications with already started / completed plots.
It seems to have already thrown up one problem :roll: ... Back to the drawing board to explore other options, will look into maybe utilising start.xml.

@mr.WHO
Yes it adds the Aldrin Expansion Sectors with gates to Neptune etc.. and the Shipyard in Terran Unknown Sector 1, stocked as per the end of the Aldrin Expansion missions.

Captain CAVEMAN!!!
x3tc

Post by Captain CAVEMAN!!! » Mon, 31. May 10, 22:44

Ahhh...
thanks it works perfect now. I can use this for future DiD as a base start. also saves time after a Re-install.

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Mon, 31. May 10, 23:42

Captain CAVEMAN!!! wrote:Ahhh...
thanks it works perfect now. I can use this for future DiD as a base start. also saves time after a Re-install.
Glad you got it working. How was the problem solved? By ensuring the director folder was in the correct place, or using the modified version? - It would help to know so I can sort out problems.

Captain CAVEMAN!!!
x3tc

Post by Captain CAVEMAN!!! » Tue, 1. Jun 10, 13:06

i just had some other things loadingg before it so i think that the fact that it wasent the first thing to load helped it work.

N o idea really i am not a modder :P

Captain.C

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 1. Jun 10, 14:43

Works like a charm, thank you for this useful script :)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 07:31

Thanks for this, I've wanted it for a long time ! :D

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 3. Jun 10, 09:03

Can you put the second link in the OP ?

I like there being 2 versions and it would be better to let people choose which one they want to use.

Also, do you mind if I include this in the next version of the X3 Handbook ?

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Thu, 3. Jun 10, 11:27

apricotslice wrote:Can you put the second link in the OP ?

I like there being 2 versions and it would be better to let people choose which one they want to use.

Also, do you mind if I include this in the next version of the X3 Handbook ?
I have added the second link to the original post as requested.

You are more than welcome to include it in the next version of your X3 Handbook.

Maddox65

Post by Maddox65 » Thu, 3. Jun 10, 15:50

Hi,

Super Script but broken in 2.7 :cry:

New gates are not made in Terran unknown sectors...

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Thu, 3. Jun 10, 20:15

Maddox65 wrote:Hi,

Super Script but broken in 2.7 :cry:

New gates are not made in Terran unknown sectors...
Just tried a new 2.7 game, all gates were present and correct.
Jumped to Aldrin, flew in and out of all the Trans Orbital accelerators, through into Aldrin 2. Flew all the way to Neptune, then back and all the way to the Xenon sector with no problems (except the large Xenon presence in their sector :wink: )

They don't show up using reveal all sectors, as these gates aren't in the map files, they only get added through the plots.

Maddox65

Post by Maddox65 » Thu, 3. Jun 10, 21:14

Sorry,

My mistake :)

Again an awesome script,thanks for your time...

darkstar one
x3tc

Post by darkstar one » Fri, 4. Jun 10, 21:30

Hello
im in a spot of bother here i love this script but just entered terran space and got my ships but they are not in terran space,

they are in property list but seem trapped in some sector i cant get to any advive

thanks darkstar :)
You've got the flying skills of a large asteroid

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Fri, 4. Jun 10, 22:45

darkstar one wrote:Hello
im in a spot of bother here i love this script but just entered terran space and got my ships but they are not in terran space,

they are in property list but seem trapped in some sector i cant get to any advive

thanks darkstar :)
Which ships are showing up, and in what sector are they listed in, in the property menu?

Maddox65

Post by Maddox65 » Fri, 4. Jun 10, 23:49

Hi,

Rapier and claymore but no location is shown...

Also in factory menu something is showing as unknown object but unclickable..

Thx.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”