[MOD] Enhanced Equipment Docks (eEQ) [discontinued, forks available]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 23. May 10, 22:27

One of the docking arms on the commercial port isn't working. The station can only dock 9 M6s, even though there is a 10th arm.

Can I fix this myself somehow?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Mon, 24. May 10, 12:54

Hi Litcube

For the Commercial Port I've used the unmodified model of the Military Outpost. So if there is a problem, it should be the same at the outpost but I've never recognized one. I may take a look into it at a later time, some people like to get additional docking-arms at the Commercial Port anyway.

To answer your question:
You could try to fix it by yourself in modifying the files for the scene or the body of the original outpost. Maybe one part of the model-body conflicts with the affected docking-arm- I'm not sure, but once it seemed to me, that in such a case a docking-possibility doesn't get recognized.

Best regards
Saetan

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Wed, 26. May 10, 18:33

Will be downloading this soon, but had a question.

I have a strange problem with UT's wanting to sell at my PHQ/HUB just because I store wears that I pick up in space there, so the UT thinks I want more of them and if it finds a good deal it tries to sell it to me PHQ/HUB holds no credit so the UT is stuck in the docking bay. Would these stations run into the same problem I have with the UTs as I will be using them to stock wears from complex's or purchased to fuel my "wanna be fleet" ?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Wed, 26. May 10, 19:26

I think the same problem can happen to an eEQ station too, as that seems to be a general problem. Can't you forbid the UT's to trade with specific stations?

If not, I'd suggest using Lucikes "Economy and Supply Traders" (EST), they can do the same job as the UT's, but have more settings to change their behaviour.

hns194
x3tc

Post by hns194 » Thu, 27. May 10, 01:41

Can anyone tell me if this is compatible with Cadius's ship pack?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Thu, 27. May 10, 09:45

If you only use the ship pack, and not the station pack, these two mods should work together.

If you want to use the station pack too, I think they won't work together without merging the files of these two mods by yourself.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Thu, 27. May 10, 10:11

hns194 wrote:Can anyone tell me if this is compatible with Cadius's ship pack?
I believe Cadius has an interest in the Capital Supply Base Dock so he might use the model, SRM mod is also interested from what I know and they probably will wanna work on getting it merged after they iron out a few bumps

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Thu, 27. May 10, 10:44

Requiemfang wrote:I believe Cadius has an interest in the Capital Supply Base Dock so he might use the model, [...]
Aye, thanks for your post ... I just remembered, he sent me a PM a few days ago. ^^

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Sat, 5. Jun 10, 11:42

is this mod compatible with 2.7?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 6. Jun 10, 23:32

Not yet, but I'll start to make it compatible that weekend.

edit:
*new Release Candidate: 2.7-2.2*

Attention: Without finding a reason yet, there seems to be a problem to transfer the credits of the old eEQ's to the new ones. Be aware of that before updating, else there is a possible money-loss.

Also 10 more TS-docks for the Commercial Port, therefore slightly changed flight routes to the docks.

There mustn't be any eEQ-dummies in the cargobay of a TL while updating. Built them before!
Last edited by Saetan on Wed, 9. Jun 10, 11:03, edited 2 times in total.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 6. Jun 10, 23:46

So, this mod doesn't use the military base anymore? Because, Draffutt fixed the model to the stock one (1 clamp broken, as reported above).

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 6. Jun 10, 23:54

Litcube wrote:So, this mod doesn't use the military base anymore?
A sort of ... the body of the station is the same, but I added an own scene-file for the Commercial Port. So I was able to move and add the docking clamps and to keep the silouette of the Military Outpost, without changing the outpost itself.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 6. Jun 10, 23:55

Wow. Good job.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Mon, 7. Jun 10, 19:52

Hi Saetan,

I've got two stations I wonder if you could implement;

1) A HUGE storage warehouse (1,000,000 or greater (5 or 10M would be nice!) storage capacity). Docking for at least 1 M1/M2/TL and several ships of all other sizes. Basicallly like the Commercial Port but with greatly increased storage capacity. This would be very useful for storing the resources for the HUB mission. If it could be attached to a complex as additional storage it would be even better!

2) A HUGE ship storage facility (like the Teladi shipyard in Ceo's Sprite which can store hundreds (if not thousands) of ships).

Would these be possible?

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Mon, 7. Jun 10, 21:12

It would be good to see these added to vanilla but, as they say if you want the best you have to go modified lol.

Glimpse
x4

Post by Glimpse » Mon, 7. Jun 10, 21:26

TECSG wrote:Hi Saetan,

I've got two stations I wonder if you could implement;

1) A HUGE storage warehouse (1,000,000 or greater (5 or 10M would be nice!) storage capacity). Docking for at least 1 M1/M2/TL and several ships of all other sizes. Basicallly like the Commercial Port but with greatly increased storage capacity. This would be very useful for storing the resources for the HUB mission. If it could be attached to a complex as additional storage it would be even better!

2) A HUGE ship storage facility (like the Teladi shipyard in Ceo's Sprite which can store hundreds (if not thousands) of ships).

Would these be possible?
If you open the hq.xml file and edit the storage value of the upgrades,you will get an instant storage boost.(Your outcome may vary.)

So from what I see there's a bug with HQ not saving blueprints bought from BBS missions.And scripts included in the package rebuilds the HQ at the same coordinates.However it also deletes my FDN nodes.While yes I'd just go and empty them but it would take a lot of time.Is there any way to stop it from rebuilding the HQ?

Still though I'd really like a forward capital ship supply base which I'm desperately in need of.It would be very valuable asset indeed!

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Mon, 7. Jun 10, 21:36

TECSG:
I won't add any new stations to that mod, as I think there is no need for it (at the moment). If you like lager cargo bays, that can easily be changed in the hq.xml

Glimpse:
Through my Rebuild-Command your FDN nodes get deleted? Which version of my mod do you use? If the RC, did that happen before? Did you merge them by yourself? At the moment it seems to me, as there are some SubType Conflicts.

Glimpse
x4

Post by Glimpse » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 06:23

I did merge them myself and also changed the T files to fit the numbers.However I did not include the placeholders that came with your TDocks.Actually I will try adding them in too now.I was kinda lazy.Oh and also the version is RC.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 06:45

Leaving the placeholders away, shouldn't be any problem, as long as the SubType-numbers are correct. Try the RC after copying the following script into your scripts-directory:

--> plugin.eeq.replace.station.pck

Lucike has thrown an eye on that script, changed something and sent it that night. I trust him blind, didn't had time to look at it myself yet.

Glimpse
x4

Post by Glimpse » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 07:07

Well just threw it in and also remerged the tdocks with placeholders and the numbers intact along with stock t files so everything is kept as it came out of the box.Still the node gets destroyed,not that I care too much about since I'm willing to start a new game.I shall try starting a new game and saving/reloading to see if it keeps doing that.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”