[Script][14-June-2010] Asteriod Fusion - v4

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mark_a_condren
x3tc

[Script][14-June-2010] Asteriod Fusion - v4

Post by mark_a_condren » Sat, 22. May 10, 19:12

Asteroid Fusion V4

Now Available in the following languages;
- English
- German

Developed by MarCon Industries after an incident with one of its TL freighters, Asteroid Fusion has become a possibility. (A report of this incident can be found in a following post.)

This is accomplished by delivering a massive amount of energy to an Asteroid via a Tractor Beam link, resulting in the Asteroid Phase Shifting. When 2 or more Asteroids of the same base Mineral Type are Phase Shifted it is possible to bring them back into Phase together. Resulting in a single Asteroid with the combined mineral content of the all the Asteroids that went into its composition.

This Phase Shifting requires a massive amount of energy per Asteroid. As a ship board power generator is unable to deliver the required energy as a burst, Energy Cells are being utilised to provide the required energy. 100 Energy Cells per 1 Asteroid yield up to a max of 5000 energy cells are required to Phase Shift 1 Asteroid.

Due to the storage and other requirements, this process if only available to TL class freighters fitted with a Tractor Beam.

Available via a TL’s Custom commands, the process is deceptively simple. A list of the Asteroids in the TL’s sector is presented to the user who then selects a displayed Asteroid of the mineral type required. This results in a selection menu being displayed of all the Scanned Asteroids in the sector of this mineral type. Multiple Asteroids may be selected up to the available energy cells in the TL’s cargo bay, which has been checked to determine the quantity of Asteroids Fusible.

An on the fly Mine production calculator has been built into the Asteroid Selection Menu. As you select Asteroids it is possible to view what the production values of a mine would be if you built one on the Asteroid. This feature is only available for Ore and Silicon Mineral types. Ice and Nividium mineral types are not currently supported.

Once the Asteroids are chosen and position in the sector is chosen for the Asteroids to be brought back into Phase. From this point one the operation is handled by the onboard techs and computers.

Requierments to Perform Asteroid Fusion:
  • - A TL Class freighter fitted with a Tractor Beam, or command will not show in the ships command screen.
    - 100 Energy Cells per 1 Asteroid yield up to a max of 5000 Energy Cells per Asteroid.
    - Asteroids must be scanned.

Production Values can be found in the third post down.
Moved to incorperate Ore and Silicon values together.

This is a list of production values that was kindly compiled and shared by Lordaeron, this information should save many of you from wasting time and effort in discovering this for yourself.

From the information available, Lordaeron recommends Ore asteroid yields of no more than 300 to be used or excesive wastage will be encountered.

Many thanks to Lordaeron for this information and effort.

Important Information:
- THIS WILL mark your game as ***modified***
- X3TC v2.5 or above is required, as it uses some of the new script commands.

Available for Download in the following formats.

Files are Hosted by googlecode :

SPK :
[ external image ]
Download Site: googlecode, -> Size 17.09 KB, Version 4.

If you have downloaded prev version use Plugin Manager to update files or remove old version and re install via Plugin Manager.

SPK Installation and Removal :
Use Cycrows Plugin Manager, Full or Lite.

Or

ZIP :
[ external image ]
Download Site: googlecode, -> Size 22.87 KB, Version 4.

If you have downloaded prev version, manually uninstall old version or simply copy new version over the top of old version.

Zip Installation and Removal :
Install by extracting the Zip file to your X3TC main folder or extract them to a place of your choice and manually copy them to the correct folders in your X3TC folder.

Remove Manually, no scripts need stopping. The scripts only run when you run them.

Technical Information and Resources Used:
Command Slots: 1
COMMAND_TYPE_CUSTOM_39 -> MARCON_ASTEROID_FUSION

t ID:
=739

Text file Page Ids:
= 9739-L044
= 9739-L049

Hotkeys:
None.

Script Information :

Asteroid Fusion can be found in the Custom commands area of your TL's Command Screen.
  • - A TL Class freighter fitted with a Tractor Beam, or command will not show in the ships command screen.
    - 100 Energy Cells per 1 Asteroid yield up to a max of 5000 Energy Cells per Asteroid.
    - Asteroids must be scanned.
Credits:
Sorenson for requesting something very similar here that this script was written to provide.
Lordaeron for compiling and sharing the production values quoted above and for providing the German translation.

Permissions:
You can find an Unedited Permissions Statement Here :

Version History:
13 – June – 2010 -> V4
  • New
    - Mine production values added via Mine Production calculator in the Asteroid selection menu.

08 – June – 2010 -> V3
  • New
    - User settable Max Asteroid yield limit for new Asteroids.
    - Colorized Asteroid entries that go over this limit.
    - Max Asteroid yield limit colorized to indicate yield production efficiency.
    - Audio message after new asteroid creation.
    - Asteroid selection Menu has Asteroid counts added to each field.

- German language version available.

Changed / Fixed
    - Energy cell requirement changed to 100 Energy Cells required per 1 Asteroid yield up to a Max of 5000 Energy Cells per Asteroid.
    - Typos in text file.
    - Some menus have had visual enhancements.
25 – May – 2010 -> V2
  • Changed / Fixed
    - Bug Fixes in setup file and text page.

24 – May – 2010 -> V1
  • - Initial release.
Complimentory Software :
Lordaeron wrote:I also made a small calculator based on this formula with OpenOffice Calc. -> Link
(not sure if it works with the english OOC)
All questions regarding the about complimentory software should be directed to its Author: Lordaeron, these can be made in this thread marked attention 'Lordaeron' or similar or via PM. It will be up to Lordaeron if a responce is forthcoming.

JoeTheDestroyer wrote:Wrote a little program to help me select the optimum asteroids to fuse together and I though others might find it useful.

Instructions are in the readme included in the zip file.
link
(Java 1.6 required)

Here are two examples of the output of the program:
Rhy's Desire - Silicon
Rhy's Desire - Ore

It does what I need so I probably won't be releasing any updates... the source is included, though, so anyone with the inclination/skills feel free to release updates.
All questions regarding the about complimentory software should be directed to its Author: JoeTheDestroyer, these can be made in this thread marked attention 'JoeTheDestroyer' or similar or via PM. It will be up to JoeTheDestroyer if a responce is forthcoming.

MarCon

Edit: Fixed google code link. X2-Illuminatus
Last edited by mark_a_condren on Fri, 23. Jul 10, 06:38, edited 16 times in total.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sat, 22. May 10, 19:12

Breaking News
Press release:

By: General Manager - MarCon Industries,

As has been reported in the media of resent hours, MarCon Industries has suffered an unexpected incident with one of our TL class freighters, the “Defamatory Remark”.

The exact circumstance surrounding this incident is at present unknown. However, what is known is at the time of the incident the TL “Defamatory Remark” was attempting to tow an Ore asteroid to a new location in Nyana’s Hideout.

During this procedure the TL suffered an internal power failure. In an attempt to rectify this issue the onboard energy cell compliment was linked into the internal power grid. But, due to damage already sustained by the power grid this attempt resulted in an extreme power overload.

As the TL was still connected to the Ore Asteroid via the towing tractor beam the energy discharge travelled down the tractor beam to the Asteroid, presumably as an electrical earth.

This was the presumed cause of the reported Phase shift in the Asteroid that has been reported in the resent news bulletins.

Argon authorities in Nyana’s Hideout have demanded the immediate rectification of this navigational hazard. The surrounding space has been placed off limits to ship navigation until this situation is resolved.

MarCon Industries is attempting to resolve this situation as soon as possible.

Further releases will be made as information becomes available.

General Manager
MarCon Industries.

Update:

By: Galactic News Service reporter - Optic Al

Galactic News Service reporter - Optic Al, was on the spot to give us this report on the evens unfolding in Nyana’s Hideout.

In a startling display earlier today the Phase shifted asteroid was moved from its position in close proximity to shipping lanes to a safer location on the outskirts of the system.

The asteroid was moved with apparent ease with the still locked tractor beam. Which after this manoeuvre was disconnected from the asteroid which is still in a phase shifted state at this time.

MarCon Industries has so far refused to give any further comment on the situation. But we were able to get a few comments from a leading astrophysicist in the area.

“MarCon Industries is showing complete and utter contempt for the scientific and wider community by refusing to allow access to this accident by qualified scientific and emergency personnel. Access has been restricted to MarCon personnel only. This shows their contempt for the safety and well being of all!”

Galactic News Service will have further information on this recent breaking story as it comes to hand.

Press release:

By: General Manager - MarCon Industries,

“No comment at this time”

General Manager
MarCon Industries.

Update 2:

By: Galactic News Service reporter - Optic Al

“In a bizarre turn of events, this reporter has just witnessed a second Asteroid being Phase Shifted and moved into close proximity to the still Phase Shifted first Asteroid”.

“With what appeared to be an extremely long range Tractor Beam, a second Asteroid was targeted and Phase Shifted. The Asteroid was then move to its new position. However, the targeting TL, the “Defamatory Remark”, has as yet not move from its position when the accident first occurred”

The current situation is very puzzling and as yet there is no comment from MarCon Industries.

Galactic News Service will release further information as it becomes available.

Moderators:
This is not a story that has been posted in the wrong forum :oops: , but rather the prelude to a script release. :D
Last edited by mark_a_condren on Sun, 23. May 10, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sat, 22. May 10, 19:13

Mine Production Values :

Below is a list of production values that was kindly compiled and shared by Lordaeron, this information should save many of you from wasting time and effort in discovering this for yourself.

Lordaeron, made a another calculation and went through to yields of 5000.
What you get with Ore at 600 and with Silicon at 2400 is the maximum.

EZs and Ore Numbers are "per hour" (3600s).
40-41 = 7200 EZs, 1200 Ore, 60s CT
42-45 = 7714 EZs, 1286 Ore, 70s CT
46-49 = 8308 EZs, 1385 Ore, 65s CT
50-53 = 9000 EZs, 1500 Ore, 60s CT
54-59 = 9818 EZs, 1636 Ore, 66s CT
60-65 = 10800 EZs, 1800 Ore, 60s CT
66-74 = 12000 EZs, 2000 Ore, 63s CT
80-89 = 13500 EZs, 2250 Ore, 64s CT
90-99 = 15428 EZs, 2571 Ore, 63s CT
100-119 = 18000 EZs, 3000 Ore, 60s CT
120-149 = 21600 EZs, 3600 Ore, 60s CT
150-199 = 27000 EZs, 4500 Ore, 60s CT
200-299 = 36000 EZs, 6000 Ore, 60s CT
300-599 = 54000 EZs, 9000 Ore, 60s CT
600-... = 108000 EZs, 18000 Ore, 60s CT

From the information above, Lordaeron recommends asteroid yields of no more than 300 to be used or excesive wastage will be encountered.

Yes, I (Lordaeron) also spawned a 2000 Silicon Roid and I hoped it would need a whole sector but .......... :cry:

EZs and Silicon Numbers are "per hour" (3600s).
(Numbers are per hour and with a L size Mine)
88-91 = 1600 EZs, 667 Sil
92-95 = 16615 EZs, 692 Sil
96-99 = 17280 EZs, 720 Sil
100-103 = 18000 EZs, 750 Sil
104-108 = 18783 EZs, 783 Sil
109-113 = 19635 EZs, 818 Sil
114-119 = 20571 EZs, 857 Sil
120-125 = 21600 EZs, 900 Sil
126-132 = 22737 EZs, 947 Sil
133-140 = 24000 EZs, 1000 Sil
141-149 = 25412 EZs, 1059 Sil
150-159 = 27000 EZs, 1125 Sil
160-170 = 28800 EZs, 1200 Sil
171-183 = 30857 EZs, 1286 Sil
184-199 = 33231 EZs, 1385 Sil
200-217 = 36000 EZs, 1500 Sil
218-239 = 39273 EZs, 1636 Sil
240-265 = 43200 EZs, 1800 Sil
266-299 = 48000 EZs, 2000 Sil
300-341 = 54000 EZs, 2250 Sil
342-399 = 61714 EZs, 2571 Sil
400-479 = 72000 EZs, 3000 Sil
480-599 = 86400 EZs, 3600 Sil
600-799 = 108k EZs, 4500 Sil
800-1125 = 144k EZs, 6000 Sil
1126-2399 = 216k EZs, 9000 Sil
2400-... = 432k EZs, 18000 Sil

Many thanks to Lordaeron for this information and effort.

Last edited by mark_a_condren on Fri, 11. Jun 10, 13:23, edited 3 times in total.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Mon, 24. May 10, 08:45

Version 1 now available for Download from the OP.

Please enjoy.

As usual, any bugs, compliments, complaints or general feedback welcome.

Note:
I've already found a bug and noted it in the OP. Yep, you guessed it, about 15mins after i sent it to Filefront.!!

Let me know what you think. :D

MarCon

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Mon, 24. May 10, 09:04

so.. i can combine a few low yield roids to make a single high yield one?

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Mon, 24. May 10, 09:13

Cadius wrote:so.. i can combine a few low yield roids to make a single high yield one?
That's the whole idea of it :D

If you have enough ecells, you can combine them all into 1 really HIGH yield asteroid so long as they are the same mineral type.

MarCon

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Mon, 24. May 10, 09:19

Thanks. Downloading at the speed of light..

I used to delete low yield rocks and cheat in a high yield one, now i can do it legit.

creidiki
xr

Post by creidiki » Mon, 24. May 10, 11:45

sweeeeeeet.
I am not as think as you drunk I am.

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Mon, 24. May 10, 16:40

Going to give this a try.

Use Cycrow jumpdrive to an UF sector.
Find decent Nividium roid.
Bring in a Cadius Baldric SF(loaded with e-cells) and use the Super-tractor beam.(popping in by way of Cycrow's drives)
Tractor the Nvidium roid out to a sector I own.(it works, I have done it before- tends to destroy the regular jumpdrive, but thats replaceable)
(use the Cycrow's drives)

Do it a few times.

Combine the Nividum roids. Using a AL or Mamomth.

Canonized and transport the roid to a sector of my choosing. (preferly a empty one that I own also (- plus it doesn't destroy the reg jumpdrive - not useable in a UF sector)

Rinse and repeat several times.

Make a large Nividium mining farm.

Make tons of credits.

Now all I need is a Large Nividium Mine.

This is going to help me aquire some very large Silicon roids instead of pirating other sector for the rich roids. Now I'll be able to make my high roids instead of pirating them.

Whee!

OH BTW; can this be done OSS? or do you have to be IS when combining?

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Mon, 24. May 10, 17:28

Loaded and ran into this issue.
Existing game. 2.6

I have many ships without a tractor beam.
I have one in the ship I am occupying.

I get a constant flashing (popup) that

"I do not have a tractor beam: null"

Keeps repeating.

Is this recycling thru all my ships?
Will it stop after going thru my list?

Is this for only a new gamestart?

Can't really do anything while the message keeps popping up and blanking out.

skywalker3000
x3tc

Post by skywalker3000 » Mon, 24. May 10, 18:51

Same problem, get only constant (popup) that

"I do not have a tractor beam: null"

I try with a Mammoth TL and an Elephant TL with fitted 1 Tractor beam and 20000 Energycells.

I Play 2.6 German Version. Maybe a Language problem ?

Glimpse
x4

Post by Glimpse » Mon, 24. May 10, 21:43

Yeah,same here too.Using a Terran MBS fitted with 1 TB and approx 30k EC.Tried to be in the same system as it is,same flashing window when I try to access the command console.Same goes with OOS CC access.

Sorenson
x3tc

Post by Sorenson » Tue, 25. May 10, 02:03

Marcon, you beautiful, magnificent bastard, I could kiss you right about now. Although I'll probably snip out the tractor beam thing until it gets resolved (and besides, I have to carry one around for crunching stations anyway).

EDIT: Ouch, I got hit with the tractor beam thing off the bat, too, and I thought I removed that part of the script behind it. Time to eject and see what's up without a billion messages in my face.

EDIT: I DID remove that, and I even went and killed the fail.tb.check part of the core script, but then it just went to shoving another error message in my face. Whatever the problem is must lie in whatever conditions the script is using to determine if it should show an error message or not.
X3TC Naval Shuffle: My ships are fast; my shields are strong; and my guns are very, very large.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Tue, 25. May 10, 05:05

Retiredman
skywalker3000
Glimpse
Sorenson

And everyone else having this problem.

I'll get onto it straight away, sorry guys and gals.

Have no idea yet as to why it should be doing this. especially the flashy flashy bit :? . It doesn't cycle all your ships, it only checks the ship that the command was run on.

To answer some Q's,
- Yes this will work OS or IS. on any player TL or player ship if its a TL with Tractor Beam.
- No, it doesn't require a game restart.

Now some Q's of my own,
- Are you all running TC v2.6 ?
- If anyone is running TC v2.5 can you let me know if your having this problem or not.

MarCon

Sorenson
x3tc

Post by Sorenson » Tue, 25. May 10, 05:54

2.6. The only thing that I can think of that even comes ANYWHERE near this issue is that I used the cheat script on a new game to spawn a TL, TB and scan the 'roids in my test sector. Could be some weird-ass thing like with the UJD where cheat-spawning gives you a broken one, but unless there's some stuff hidden waaaaay down in there I didn't notice I can't see the script being that complicated for that to be the case.
X3TC Naval Shuffle: My ships are fast; my shields are strong; and my guns are very, very large.

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Tue, 25. May 10, 06:46

Running 2.5 game as stated..
This has so much promise as a script.. I hope the issue can be located fairly quickly

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Tue, 25. May 10, 06:59

@Retiredman
Retiredman wrote:Loaded and ran into this issue.
Existing game. 2.6
Retiredman wrote:]Running 2.5 game as stated..
Umm.... please forgive my confusion?

@Sorenson

The only part way complicated script in it is
'plugin.mc.ast.fusion.asts.select', and this is the rotating asteroid selection menu, the second menu where you actually choose the asteriods to fuse.

The rest is all pretty basic stuff.

I've just been testing on two different installs, both 2.5, and one is working fine and the other is doing some really wierd stuff, even calling the wrong script from the command console :? .

It's got me really annoyed now, and i AM going to get to the bottom of it !!!

I'm going to edit the OP and remove it from DL until i get it fixed. Sorry folks.

If anyone else wants to fiddle with it and see what they come up with, by all means do so, and please keep me informed as to your progress, either here or via PM.

MarCon

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Tue, 25. May 10, 11:52

So If I get 2 25 sili roids, after a while would god respawn them again?

Good script will download, as I always do with your mods :D

Also I am using 2.7 RC 4 I am sure It will work ( They are only roids after all )

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Tue, 25. May 10, 12:15

lordmuck

HOLD your fire for about 15mins.
I have found and fixed the problem about 10 mins ago, i fubar'ed the setup script, just need to get it packed up and Uploaded.
Good script will download, as I always do with your mods
Thanks for the praise and faith, mind you it got tested today :oops:
Also I am using 2.7 RC 4 I am sure It will work ( They are only roids after all )
Well, that will be a new test for it.

MarCon

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Tue, 25. May 10, 13:03

Version 2 now available for Download from the OP.

- Fixed bug in setup script. (Well me making a big FUBAR was fixed :oops: )
- Error in page file fixed.

Lets see how this one goes !

MarCon

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”