Gunnery Crews FAQ <--- READ FIRST

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 21. Dec 09, 21:32

*** Merged to the AEGIS FAQ ***

A. Had the author had his way, it would be much more expensive. Besides, you don't even need it; my Odysseus was a killer with mere crews. :P

B&C. "Military Transporter". Rare and random, but once you see one, check its destination, get there first, and be ready to buy the moment they show up in stock.

Blakrat

Post by Blakrat » Tue, 22. Dec 09, 12:43

:D
Thankyou for responding so quickly - I will be keepin an eye open for those military trnasports - Merry Christmas to all of you and remember - be carefull with those PSGs

NavaCorp
x3tc

Is Turret rotation speed hardcoded with Gunnery Crew/AEGIS?

Post by NavaCorp » Sun, 23. May 10, 04:09

Hi to everyone. I have a question.

I'd like to know if Gunnery/AEGIS will employ new modded turret speed values on T-Laser file or if the plugin will still use the original turret speed hardcoded in its scripts.
I ask this question because once I read on this forum that modding T-bullet rate of fire wouldn't change the rate of fire of weapons under Gunnery/AEGIS since it is hardcoded in its scripts.

I wonder if it is the same for the turret rotation speed.

I hope you can answer my dilemma. :)

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sun, 23. May 10, 09:37

The turning rate for AEGIS is increased by switching to a faster turning weapon, then switching to the slow weapon to fire, if memory serves me correctly.

Scripts are not hardcoded. If you want to change a value, change the script and package it with your mod. :)

NavaCorp
x3tc

Post by NavaCorp » Sun, 23. May 10, 22:14

What I meant is that if I mod the rotation speed of a weapon in T-Laser from 1000 to 2000 but it is written 1000 in Gunnery/AEGIS scripts, then the weapon will still rotate at 1000 when using that plugin?

Are you instead suggesting that turret will rotate at the speed that I've modded but Gunnery/AEGIS will still switch weapons according with the original turning rates (or fire rates, etc...) written in the scripts and I've not only to mod the T-file but also change the scripts of the plugin?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 23. May 10, 22:38

*** Thread merged ***

IIRC (and this is really thin memory) the script does not have or look up numbers (if that is even possible), but has an ordered list of weapons. It probably was an IF .. ELSEIF .. block. Similar system was used both for power and tracking.

Therefore, you would have to edit the script in order to change the list of preferences. And you want to edit it so that it matches whatever order of turning rates in your TLasers.

NavaCorp
x3tc

Post by NavaCorp » Sun, 30. May 10, 17:18

If I've got it correctly, changing the rate of fire, turret speed, etc...of weapons without changing the hierarchy written in Gunnery/AEGIS will make the plugin to still use them correctly.
Only if I make e.g. the GPPC faster rotating than an AIRE, then I would have to change the order of use for these weapons in the scripts.

Thanks. :)

Verahta

Post by Verahta » Sun, 26. May 13, 23:06

I have gunnery crew I bought on my M6, but I can't find any new commands. Where exactly are the gunnery crew commands located?

Thank you.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”