[SCRIPT] Equipment Research and Development V1.00 : Update 03/06/2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Tue, 3. Nov 09, 20:27

first off thankyou for this script.
But would it be possible to research the one of a kind weapons like phased array canon etc?
i mean most of those you only get one or two if your lucky and that limits there usefulness.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 3. Nov 09, 20:46

MarioBr0 wrote:hi,

look interesting but i am not sure if its gonna help me.

I m using the Auto-prepair-ships script (by ThisisHarsh) to upgrade and install equipment on my ships. its a real releave!! its sends all ships u put on the upgrade list to a race EquipmentDock were they buy cargospace rudder optimalisation n engine tuning. then a special assigned ships goes jumping around the univers sending drones to other race EQD's to buy all needed software upgrades. (after that its configures the commands of the new ships and goes get shield and weapons from my stock and deliver them.) FULL preparation with a verry vew clicking and commanding all those ships.

how ever i assume that one and this research-script wont really compliment each other. or will they?

the idea would be to have the autoprep script recognize the availabillity of all the opgrades on my own EQ. this way i could ignorge the need of a race EQD ISS for the autoprep script and do theopperation with my own EQD in an save unkown sector.

anyone have an idea? would that maybe work with the other mentioned playerworshop script? hmmm
it would be possible to add, but it would need adding to the auto-prep script to make use of them.

however, this script does have a means of auto installing upgrades to multiple ships that might work for you

instead of searching for them to buy, they will simply build anything thats been researched onto the ship

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Fri, 13. Nov 09, 20:23

Does this script work with Orbital Defense Stations or just commonwealth EQ docks?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 13. Nov 09, 20:25

if its classified as an equipment dock,then it should work

i cant remember what sub group those are in

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Fri, 13. Nov 09, 20:47

Looks like it does, thanks for the quick reply!

Toryn2

Post by Toryn2 » Sun, 17. Jan 10, 04:50

This is a really cool script. Would be cool if it was integrated into the plugin manager...so it could detect the equipment scripts you've added into the game and allow you to research/build them.

Same could be done for ships. So you can then research and build your installed ships...rather than just buying them at some shipyard. Much more immersive.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 17. Jan 10, 16:16

i will make it work with EMP and custom wares eventually, i also plan some way to allow ship upgrades, like engine tunings

ADStryker
x3tc

Post by ADStryker » Tue, 23. Feb 10, 06:19

Wow. Researching a jumpdrive costs something like 1.2 million credits, 45,000 energy cells, 4000 Nostrop, and a handful of other stuff, and takes a little over a day. Doesn't feel much like cheating, that's for sure. :o
PSCO1 Cockpits | lowpolyroids-2.04 | Satellite Early Warning Network | Station Camper | Universal Best Buys/Sells | Invasion Warnings | ResizedAldrinBigRock | Equipment R&D | Lowpoly Complex Tubes | Mobile Ship Repairs | Player Workshop | Marauder Shipyard

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 23. Feb 10, 06:24

yeah its supposed to cost alot more, but once its researched, u can make plenty when ever u like ;)

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Tue, 23. Feb 10, 13:53

Hey Cycrow,

There is already another mod about somewhere that does max out tuning, rudder and cargo maybe you should ask the designer if you can combine work. Crank out the bugs between each other and send it off for signing.

ADStryker
x3tc

Post by ADStryker » Wed, 24. Feb 10, 03:35

yeah its supposed to cost alot more, but once its researched, u can make plenty when ever u like
It will be worth it, just to have a dock that can supply jump drives in Aldrin so that I don't have to jump a carrier in and swap drives out. :)
PSCO1 Cockpits | lowpolyroids-2.04 | Satellite Early Warning Network | Station Camper | Universal Best Buys/Sells | Invasion Warnings | ResizedAldrinBigRock | Equipment R&D | Lowpoly Complex Tubes | Mobile Ship Repairs | Player Workshop | Marauder Shipyard

james_tom

Post by james_tom » Mon, 5. Apr 10, 10:05

Cool!!!!
I was just thinking that the X3 is lcaking of R&D,
And i got this. thanks

a quick question, is there any direction for research?
what can be developed?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 5. Apr 10, 14:50

any equipment wares can be researched and developed, you just have to own 1 first, and send it to be researched.

this doesn't currently include EMP wares however, as they are not classed as equipment by the game

foszae
x4

Post by foszae » Tue, 18. May 10, 09:33

Someone on the previous page had the same problem: to wit, that after a while, it reaches the point where it just says [HALTED] as part of the name. And from how long it had been at it, it seems like it should have actually completed the research (I made a point of testing a quick and easy Navigation Command research).

I check under the R&D menu, and it shows 0 researched technologies, and offers me no choice to install researched techs. What's happened to my dock?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 18. May 10, 15:13

usually it says halted when theres not enough resources available to complete.

make sure u have all the required resources in the dock available so it can finish

foszae
x4

Post by foszae » Wed, 19. May 10, 02:13

True. I grossly underestimated the rate of consumption on the research. And, overlooked the Cloth Rimes requirement as well

ADStryker
x3tc

Post by ADStryker » Wed, 19. May 10, 03:29

I would recommend that you have all required wares before you tell the dock to begin research.

When I first tried to research something, I had none of the required wares (perhaps not even the credits) on the dock, and I was unable to get the dock to start the research when I finally delivered all the wares. I allow the possibility that I could have been doing something else wrong.

However, I have had a dock "halt" research partway through, due to depletion of a required resource, and it (so far) has always started up again when I delivered the resource.

A tip -- if you don't want to be bothered with manually keeping the dock supplied, you can set the resource price high and NPC traders will likely keep it supplied for you. I would resist the temptation to set the price at maximum, however, or you may find your own Universal Traders and Local/Sector Traders camping at your dock instead of making you credits at NPC stations.

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Thu, 9. Sep 10, 19:16

Fith wrote:
Troubleshooter11 wrote:You might want to check out Player Workships by Pelador then. It adds upgrade capability to PHQ's.
Thanks for pointing that out. I would not have looked in Ship Upgrades for a dockside script. :D
I use Pelador's for Tunings, but I prefer this one for equipment as it a) feels less cheaty, and b) has a nicer interface and the ability to apply to all docked ships etc.

For anyone who may be interested (as I realise I am replying to a very old post :)):...

To allow Cycrow's to work for HQs (which I wanted as I use Saetan's EEQDs) you can add the following lines to setup.cycrow.rnd.xml in your script folder:

(add them below the binding of the each command to Equipment docks...as you can see, I used line 9 and 13)

Code: Select all

<line linenr="009" indent=""><text>global script map: set: key=</text><var>COMMAND_CYCROW_RESEARCH</var><text>, class=</text><var>Headquarters</var><text>, race=</text><var>Player</var><text>, script=</text><call>plugin.rnd.cmd.research</call><text>, prio=</text><var>100</var></line>

<line linenr="013" indent=""><text>global script map: set: key=</text><var>COMMAND_CYCROW_RNDMENU</var><text>, class=</text><var>Headquarters</var><text>, race=</text><var>Player</var><text>, script=</text><call>plugin.rnd.cmd.menu</call><text>, prio=</text><var>100</var></line>

I dont know whether copying the above will add CRLFs into each line but make sure that it is just one line each. The code box wraps text...

Alternatively, in game in the script editor copy the two lines and change the object class from Equipment Docks to Headquarters.

Then reload or in the script editor menu select "Reinitialise Scrip caches".
Hth...

tianlongprc
x3tc

Post by tianlongprc » Wed, 3. Nov 10, 17:47

I love the mod, but the only issue that I am having is that when I put the equipment on my ship I still have use resources to equip the ship. Now I can understand this and do not mind paying the resources it takes, but the equipment dock has very little space for anything. So if I want to install multiple equipment on multiple ships I have to make sure I park a TL there, which I guess is not too bad because I already have to park one there to do research.

But could there be a better way?

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Wed, 3. Nov 10, 18:06

I believe if you modify the HQ or the gobals in the types folder.(extracted from a Cat/dat file) You can increase the storage space that an EQ Dock has.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”