[MOD] Basic M6 Upgraded (v1.1 - 23/06/2009)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 11. May 10, 11:34

I will bring an update to this one soon, including modifications to SpringBlossom... but I am not touching cockpit views... Only Base M6 stats.

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Tue, 11. May 10, 14:05

Have you considered changing the attributes of corvette class weapons? Part of the reason the M6 class suffers, is because their weapons are terrible.

The IPG, CIG, and ISR can all use a massive reduction in energy drain. They can use various buffs in velocity, extra effect, and damage as well.

If you're looking to really mix things up, change some corvettes to carry specialized roles. The "Gunship" corvette may have weak main weapons, but one or two powerful turrets that can use a lot of high quality weapons. Kind of like the Heavy Dragon. The "Lance" corvette may sacrifice weapon slots and fighter defense to use ultra heavy main weapons, like 1-4 IBL/PPCs. The "flak" corvette may have a good number of turrets filled with PAC/PRG/MDs, or a large number of turrets filled with IREs. The "classic" corvette is pretty much what every normal M6 is like right now.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 11. May 10, 19:01

Bobucles wrote:Have you considered changing the attributes of corvette class weapons? Part of the reason the M6 class suffers, is because their weapons are terrible.

The IPG, CIG, and ISR can all use a massive reduction in energy drain. They can use various buffs in velocity, extra effect, and damage as well.

If you're looking to really mix things up, change some corvettes to carry specialized roles. The "Gunship" corvette may have weak main weapons, but one or two powerful turrets that can use a lot of high quality weapons. Kind of like the Heavy Dragon. The "Lance" corvette may sacrifice weapon slots and fighter defense to use ultra heavy main weapons, like 1-4 IBL/PPCs. The "flak" corvette may have a good number of turrets filled with PAC/PRG/MDs, or a large number of turrets filled with IREs. The "classic" corvette is pretty much what every normal M6 is like right now.
Well, yes and no.. in my own modded game I have several weapons changed but this mod I have no intention to tweak with those since they can affect the whole game, so that needs to be made with much more caution.

I was rather focusing on making the basic M6 interesting to players and player patrols giving them much bigger turning rate, speed and cargo (similar to Xenon P) so they become useful now, in the AI hands they would become much more speedy and responsive thus making them more difficult to kill with smaller ships.

Since Heavy M6 were released, they were the clear choice in X3TC, this mod tried to balance that, and getting ships like Hydra or Nemesis can give you certain clear advantage rather than being a waste of credits.

About a weapons mod... maybe later...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”