[Script] IL Test Drive & Hire Centre 1.0 17/6/09

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

[Script] IL Test Drive & Hire Centre 1.0 17/6/09

Post by LV » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 20:41

Description

Plugin that allows you to test out ships for sale at shipyards and hire them.

Date 28/5/09
Version 1.1

Imperial Kudos
The all-mighty Gazz who without his kung fu I'd never had been able to do the weapons interface, (which he re-wrote) he is therefore promoted to Moff and has the freedom of this forum :thumb_up:

Extra Install Info: Important

This plugin requires Imperial Library Scripts to be installed, Do so! (needs v1.5)

[ external image ]
EXE

[ external image ]
RAR (Unpacked)

-----------------------------

Detailed Info.

The plugin is brought to you by Imperial Laboratories, Pilots via their custom command interface can call up the TDI (Test Drive Interface) when in a sector that has a shipyard.

[ external image ]

As long as you have enough standing with the race you can either test out their ships or hire them.

When taking a ship for a Test Drive you will be transported to a random sector that is low on traffic to test it's flying prowess, in addition you will be able to test different weapon loadouts and also spawn some dummy ships to see how it's lasers and shields perform. These ships will not effect any notoriety as they are "enemy race"

[ external image ]

The price shown is the price to purchase the basic model at the shipyard, in addition you can see if your standing with the race will allow you access to specific models.

Weapons can be tested but are not for sale!

[ external image ]

On choosing the model you will be given the option of a 10 mizura test drive in a random sector where a deposit must be made, or you can hire the ship which requires additional payment for 30/60/120 mizuras.

[ external image ]

Weapon Interface

The TDC also offers pilots to have any loadout the ship can carry, this can also be changed at any time during the flight.

[ external image ]

If you wish to spawn test enemies or change your loadout then you simply need to go to your custom command for Test Drive and you will be given the following options.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Spawned ships can not be captured and and dropped products during a TD become the property of (IL)

---------------------------------------

Imperial Laboratories Test Drive Centre Terms & Conditions

Now you may be thinking, cool, i'm off to test drive an Osaka and fill my boots with PSP and EMP's that i can't usually get, i'm also going to dump all the ships equipment and pick it up for a small deposit, you may even think "aha, i'm just going to dock the ship back at the shipyard and sell it"

Think Again The Empire does not do freebies

Ships being Test Driven are not allowed to dock, hired ships are apart from shipyards. (I'm going to write more code soon so you can dock TL's but i need to monitor for you dirty little cheats for 1.1)

First of all (IL) will scan all your property and if it just so happens to find any missing items which are the same they will be taken from you

[ external image ]

If you do not have the missing items in your empire then you will be told what is missing and charged for them, if they cost less than your deposit you should simply have the difference removed from your deposit and the rest of the money will be returned.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

While you own any race money you will not be able to use the TDC,

[ external image ]

If you owe the Argon money then you would dock at the specified shipyard within 10 mizuras, failure to dock will mean the Argon would send in the Police to educate you on failure to adhere to Imperial T&C's.

Once any police have been dispatched docking at any argon station will allow you to pay your debt and the TDI will be available again.

(IL) reserve the right to pursue you through different sectors until your bill is paid :twisted:

--------------

Enjoy.

I've tested this in as many ways i could think of for both bugs and exploits, please try to prove me wrong that everything is fine :)

----------

Install info.

Extract the rar to your core x3 directory

e.g C:program Files/Deepsilver/X3 Terran Conflict

same with the exe.

----

Tech info

Custom Command 8832

t file 8832

no addition info required

this script taps into signal.docked, i have not made it an ALP as i dont think it needs a removal script but i may do so for 1.1
Last edited by LV on Wed, 17. Jun 09, 21:04, edited 4 times in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 20:51

if you have downloaded before reading this (the time of posting 17.6.09 19.50 uk time) re-download, i forgot to take out a debug line in the script.

Feel free to use any part of this script as long as you say thankyou.

ADStryker
x3tc

Post by ADStryker » Fri, 7. May 10, 17:50

This looks like it could be a real hoot. I'll have to give it a shot when I have the time. :thumb_up:
PSCO1 Cockpits | lowpolyroids-2.04 | Satellite Early Warning Network | Station Camper | Universal Best Buys/Sells | Invasion Warnings | ResizedAldrinBigRock | Equipment R&D | Lowpoly Complex Tubes | Mobile Ship Repairs | Player Workshop | Marauder Shipyard

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Fri, 7. May 10, 19:32

LV my master,

does the hire also include installed weapons?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 7. May 10, 19:42

of whatever choice you want ;)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”