[MOD][TC] Advanced Weapons Research Mod (AWRM) [v0.33/R13 - Sa-02-Jul-2011]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

[MOD][TC] Advanced Weapons Research Mod (AWRM) [v0.33/R13 - Sa-02-Jul-2011]

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 21. Apr 10, 23:31

Hi Guys,

I am currently working on a mod to help improve the selection of weapons for Terran ships primarily and secondly to provide a way to obtain other weapons and equipment.

The mod is based around the company that brought you the CPLS and as of v0.9 provides an HQ for Spirit Industries which sells the new Terran weapons amongst other things.

This version is for Terran Conflict, for the Albion Prelude version see here.

This is basically a weapon expansion mod and is intended to be used in conjunction with EES and Xtra Ship/Station Pack:-
  • Adds more weapon variety to the Terran arsenal (30 new lasers)
  • Adds some more powerful but less energy efficient weapons for the Kha'ak (6 new lasers)
  • Adds some slightly more powerful weapons intended for use by the Xenon (5 new lasers)
  • Adds more powerful and energy efficient Commonwealth energy based weapons (16 new lasers)
  • Adds more powerful Commonwealth ammo based weapons (6 new lasers)
  • Makes "Beam weapons" available to buy (Kha'ak weapons only sold by a Kha'ak owned station)
  • Converts a remote Unknown Sector to a Kha'ak Core sector
  • Converts a remote Xenon border sector to a Xenon Core sector
  • Includes a variant of my CPLS and PMTS scripts
  • Adds some new Terran and Commonwealth missiles (6 new Terran missiles and 6 new Commonwealth Missiles - some of which are intended for Player only use)
  • Adds some new Kha'ak missiles (6 new missiles) and changes the cargo requirement for the Needle to M
  • Generally improves equipment availability and makes most equipment immune to future unavailability due to GoD being overzealous in the destruction of factories
  • Provides a supply of Terran and Teladi marines which increase in skill level (and cost) over time if not bought.
As of v0.10 there is also an HQ for Joint Commonwealth Research Agency (JCRA) which sells the new Commonwealth weapons amongst other things.

WARNING FOR STO USERS
There are FOUR sectors with invincible stations created by AWRM and they are as follows.
Spoiler
Show
Grand Exchange : JCRA HQ
Heretics End : Spirit Industries HQ
Xenon Sector 596 : Xenon Shipyard and Xenon Equipment Dock
Kha'ak Sector (aka Unknown Sector [16,0]) : Kha'ak Shipyard and Kha'ak Equipment Dock
Required Mods/Scripts Strongly Recommended Mods/Scripts Recommended Mods/Scripts Suggested Mods/Scripts Downloads
Please see my blog over on TXU for the formal release of my mod and mod/script compatability patches.

WARNING: v0.23 and prior users will require a restart due to changes to the TLasers and TBullets files in v0.24. New users can add to existing game without a restart, but loadouts of existing ships will not change.

Please check here if the main TXU links do not work.

[ external image ] ZIP (TXU)

[ external image ] SPK (TXU)

CMOD Patch R13 : AWRM v0.33/CMOD v4.13
[ external image ] (TXU)

Game Resources Used
  • Commands
    • [1249] COMMAND_TYPE_SHIP_49 (PMTS Command Console - COMMAND_TYPE_SHIP_RLSG_PMTS)
      [1250] COMMAND_TYPE_SHIP_50 (CPLS Command Console - COMMAND_TYPE_SHIP_RLSG_CPLS)
    Strings
    • 17:250000-250399
    Changed Data Files
    • types\TLasers.pck
      types\TBullets.pck
      types\TMissiles.pck
    New Data Files
    • dds\fx_awrm_ape.dds
      dds\fx_awrm_cpbc.dds
      dds\fx_awrm_epbc.dds
      dds\fx_awrm_fbc.dds
      dds\fx_awrm_fbc_p.dds
      dds\fx_awrm_khaak.dds
      dds\fx_awrm_palc.dds
      dds\fx_awrm_pbc.dds
      dds\fx_awrm_pnc.dds
      dds\fx_awrm_tbc.dds
      director\md.rlsg.awrm.xml
      objects\effects\weapons\bullet_awrm_ape.bod
      objects\effects\weapons\bullet_awrm_cpbc.bod
      objects\effects\weapons\bullet_awrm_epbc.bod
      objects\effects\weapons\bullet_awrm_fbc.bod
      objects\effects\weapons\bullet_awrm_fbc_p.bod
      objects\effects\weapons\bullet_awrm_khaak.bod
      objects\effects\weapons\bullet_awrm_khaak_a.bod
      objects\effects\weapons\bullet_awrm_khaak_b.bod
      objects\effects\weapons\bullet_awrm_palc.bod
      objects\effects\weapons\bullet_awrm_pbc.bod
      objects\effects\weapons\bullet_awrm_pnc.bod
      objects\effects\weapons\bullet_awrm_tbc.bod
      t\2500.xml
      t\2501.xml
      t\2502.xml
      t\2503.xml
      t\7047-L007.xml
      t\7047-L033.xml
      t\7047-L034.xml
      t\7047-L039.xml
      t\7047-L044.xml
      t\7047-L049.xml
      t\8387.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.awrm.buy.cpls.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.awrm.buy.pmts.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.awrm.hq.init.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.awrm.hq.wares.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.awrm.restock.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.awrm.news.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.awrm.wares.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.awrm.wares.entry.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.alert.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.buy.repair.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.buy.upgrade.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.check.level.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.check.notreqd.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.coeff.drain.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.coeff.laser.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.coeff.shields.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.coeff.ship.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.damage.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.emergency.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.main.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.main.00.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.main.01.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.main.02.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.main.03.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.main.sub.00.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.main.sub.01.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.main.sub.02.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.main.sub.03.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.manual.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.news.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.price.main.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.price.upgrade.1.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.price.upgrade.2.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.price.upgrade.3.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.ware.cmd.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.ware.cmd.sos.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.ware.cmd.start.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.ware.cmd.stop.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.ware.cmd.sitrep.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.ware.key.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.cpls.ware.key.sos.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.jcra.buy.cpls.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.jcra.buy.pmts.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.jcra.hq.init.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.jcra.hq.wares.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.jcra.restock.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.jcra.wares.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.khaak.hq.init.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.khaak.hq.wares.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.khaak.news.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.khaak.restock.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.khaak.wares.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.marines.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.marines.fix.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.pmts.buy.upgrade.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.pmts.check.level.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.pmts.check.limit.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.pmts.main.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.pmts.manual.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.pmts.news.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.pmts.price.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.pmts.ware.cmd.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.pmts.ware.cmd.dec.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.pmts.ware.cmd.flip.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.pmts.ware.cmd.inc.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.pmts.ware.cmd.start.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.pmts.ware.cmd.stop.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.pmts.ware.cmd.sitrep.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.pmts.ware.key.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.pmts.ware.key.dec.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.pmts.ware.key.flip.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.pmts.ware.key.inc.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.pmts.ware.util.power.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.xenon.hq.init.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.xenon.hq.wares.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.xenon.news.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.xenon.restock.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.xenon.wares.xml
      scripts\setup.plugin.rlsg.awrm.xml
      scripts\setup.plugin.rlsg.cpls.xml
      scripts\setup.plugin.rlsg.pmts.xml
Last edited by Sam L.R. Griffiths on Tue, 5. Jun 12, 10:56, edited 97 times in total.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Fri, 23. Apr 10, 19:53

You never mentioned the Tlaser file; will this work solely through scripting and the MD?

Looks interesting, especially if you can avoid adjusting the T files - I will be very interested to see how you've done that.

Cheers and good luck!
Projects:
Onhold..... time time....

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 24. Apr 10, 04:27

Locksley wrote:You never mentioned the Tlaser file; will this work solely through scripting and the MD?

Looks interesting, especially if you can avoid adjusting the T files - I will be very interested to see how you've done that.

Cheers and good luck!
Sorry, had only a concept at the time I wrote the original post. Both TLasers and TBullets have required updating but... it is a simple appending to those files so integration with other mods should be quite simple.

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 24. Apr 10, 06:51

Status Update
Formal v0.1 release!

Please see my blog for the latest information.

I look forward to any feedback.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 24. Apr 10, 07:45

I tried something similiar a long time ago but abandoned the project because of the technical issues - with stations offering the new lasers and the equipment of AI ships.
Just having more lasers in game is easy...
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Sat, 24. Apr 10, 09:48

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote: Sorry, had only a concept at the time I wrote the original post. Both TLasers and TBullets have required updating but... it is a simple appending to those files so integration with other mods should be quite simple.
Right, downloaded and will test/look at it tonite' after work.

So I can just add the new entries in Tbullets, Tcockpits and Tlasers to my other modified Cat's - the changed part of the vanilla, could you list those for easy finding? Or maybe I just have to check the terran ships?
I got Draffutt Bug Fixes and CMOD tweaked and adjusted for a couple of other mods. I can't script but at least I know my way around the Cat's, meow.

Does regular race ships take advantage of the new lasers and mounting options?

Your thoughts on what the new weapons characteristics are compared to old - I'll think about adjusting them for CMOD values. I am probably going to poke some at CMOD, adjusting some values.

Cheers!
Projects:

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 24. Apr 10, 10:44

Gazz wrote:I tried something similiar a long time ago
This mod is not quite the same thing and never shall be. The remit of this mod is to extend the game for the player (primarily) and to address certain observations/perceptions about the existing Terran bigger ships being a little laking in weapon options.
Gazz wrote:but abandoned the project because of the technical issues - with stations offering the new lasers and the equipment of AI ships.
I am not sure what you are indicating here, but I am not making the weapons on general sale through the normal means. The implementation of the shop is being done using scripts and menus rather than making the equipment on general sale through an equipment dock. So far, my tests have shown no issues with weapon equipping/selection. Perhaps you fell foul of an X3:R engine bug/limitation that has since been fixed in X3:TC?
Gazz wrote:Just having more lasers in game is easy...
Not sure what you mean by that comment.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 25. Apr 10, 03:05

Status Update
Formal v0.2 release!

Includes a fix for the restocking of the shop.

I look forward to any feedback.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 25. Apr 10, 11:46

Important Note
The ZIP file editions of v0.1/v0.2 of this mod included additional file unintentionally. For compatability reasons I would suggest the manual removal of the TCockpits.pck file from your copy of the mod (will be formally removed as of v0.3).

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Sun, 25. Apr 10, 12:06

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:Important Note
The ZIP file editions of v0.1/v0.2 of this mod included additional file unintentionally. For compatability reasons I would suggest the manual removal of the TCockpits.pck file from your copy of the mod (will be formally removed as of v0.3).
Is not the TCockpits file needed to be able to mount the new weapons? I noted there is no TShip file so that is not used either?
I downloaded you update, I think :P , could you include version number on the DL just for peace of mind?

I haven't had time to look at this yet (just briefly browsing thrugh the files) as I have quite allot on my plate at the moment. I do think this is an interesting addition to the game though, especially if it affects the whole universe and not just player ships.

How does the new weapon get integrated into the ships if not through the TCockpit/TShips?

Thanks for your work!
Cheers!
Projects:

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 25. Apr 10, 14:12

Locksley wrote:
Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:Important Note
Is not the TCockpits file needed to be able to mount the new weapons? I noted there is no TShip file so that is not used either?
I downloaded you update, I think :P , could you include version number on the DL just for peace of mind?
The version number is included as part of the mod and will tell you what version you are running both the first time you load the game after upgrading and upon a new game start. The linked download will always be the latest (still v0.2 at this time) and I do not anticipate introducing the cockpits file as a formal part of this mod.
Locksley wrote:I haven't had time to look at this yet (just briefly browsing thrugh the files) as I have quite allot on my plate at the moment. I do think this is an interesting addition to the game though, especially if it affects the whole universe and not just player ships.
It adds the new weapons to the game but does not change the weapon selection code for spawning new ships, thus I suspect at this time only player OWNED ships will be using the new weapons.
Locksley wrote:How does the new weapon get integrated into the ships if not through the TCockpit/TShips?
Not necessarily, in X3:TC (do not think it applied to X3:R) multiple weapons can share the same weapon/missile mounting class (c/f Repair Laser, Mobile Drilling System, Tractor Beam) but the mounting ship will be limited to what it can mount from a given class by it's cargo size (thus why ships with L sized cargo holds that can mount the Tractor Beam do not show as being able to mount the Mobile Drilling System).

This mod uses the same mounting class for the Enhanced/Advanced variants of a given weapon as the standard weapon thus providing a given terran ship has sufficient cargo size/capacity and can mount the standard variants they can mount the Enhanced/Advanced variant(s).

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 25. Apr 10, 18:19

Status Update
Formal v0.3 release!

Changes include:-
  • 1. Removed non-reqd TCockpits.pck file from ZIP distribution (prev. included by accident in ZIP distro only)
    2. Halved refire rate for the Enh. EMPC
    3. Quartered refire rate for the Adv. EMPC
    4. Addition of Enh. PSP (double refire rate with 25% more energy required per shot and 25% more cargo space for the gun)
    5. Addition of Adv. PSP (quadruple refire rate with 75% more energy required per shot and 50% more cargo space for the gun)
    6. Redesigned Shop Menu

StarCrack
x3tc

Post by StarCrack » Tue, 27. Apr 10, 02:57

now just need to make an edited config(Text file ) for mars

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 27. Apr 10, 19:02

Status Update
Formal v0.4 release!

Changes include:-
  • 1.Addition of Enh. SSC (50% increase in range/speed/refire, 65% increase in per shot energy consumption)
    2.Addition of Adv. SSC (100% increase in range/speed/refire, ~172% increase in per shot energy consumption)
This should be the last new weapon addition for this mod, but future changes may include:-
  • 1.Rebalancing of the new weapons
    2.Modification of the bullets for ALL weapons to try to improve overall performance (model/look only)
    3.Addition of Enh./Adv. versions of the shields is being considered
    4.Addition of additional vanilla equipment/stations/blueprints to the shop (Is there anything particular you would like to see available?)

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Fri, 7. May 10, 23:04

Nice release Roger.

I was wondering, is there a way to just install this only:

4.Addition of additional vanilla equipment/stations/blueprints to the shop (Is there anything particular you would like to see available?)

I.e. the beam weapons forges, etc, without the extra lasers?

Thanks
I fly an OWP. What about you?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 8. May 10, 01:55

Mad_CatMk2 wrote:Nice release Roger.

I was wondering, is there a way to just install this only:

I.e. the beam weapons forges, etc, without the extra lasers?

Thanks
By editing a single script you can remove the additional weapons from the availability list, but as the AI do not use them to my knowledge (I have done nothing to force this and have no immediate plans to) there would be little by way of benefit (especially since integrating this mod with other weapon mods is rather easy - appending a couple of entries to the TBullets and TLasers files). Nobody is forcing the use of the new weapons, but the choice is yours...

Oh and by the way most of the beam weapons are rather pants, I think only the PALC and PBC actually have any real use with the Vanilla ships and the TBLC may be of some use in Cadius's mod, FBC though is a bit of a waste of space.

EDIT: BTW There are no workable Beam Weapon forges the player can own in Vanilla currently (so I can not add what does not exist ;)), but this mod should make such luxuries near enough unnecessary.

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Sat, 8. May 10, 04:01

Alright I'll see what I can hack through when I have time, thanks!
I fly an OWP. What about you?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 22. May 10, 22:19

Status Update
Formal v0.5 release!

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 29. May 10, 18:02

Status Update
Formal v0.6 release!

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 15:23

Roger your script is awesome, I installed after a recommendation From Cadius to use in conjunction with his mod and it has hit the spot, May I place a small request though, would you consider making terran versions of the PBE and MD for the terran fighters, lol after the MD was based on ancient earth technology. Again thank you for this script.
PhenomII X4 940 black edition
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”