[X3TC Bonus Plugin] Dockware Manager (DWM)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jlehtone
x4

[X3TC Bonus Plugin] Dockware Manager (DWM)

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 24. Apr 10, 20:19

Dockware Manager

Version: 3.1.04
Scripter: Lucike
Abbreviation: the DWM
Thread for development version
Bonuspack index

Overview
  • A small extension to add wares to or remove wares from player owned trading stations, equipment docks or a headquarters.
  • The manager can set limits for the different wares for a player headquarters too. These limits get considered by Commercial Agents and Commodity Logistics MK1 pilots.

Usage

The dockware manager is started via an unused command-slot of the dock. After starting it a menu opens, which shows the following choices.

Add ware
To add new wares you've got different choices. You can search and add a specific ware by ware type or you can select one from another station. Also the entire ware list of a station can be taken.

If adding a single ware to a player headquarter you will be prompted for the limitation immediately after adding the ware.

Remove or limit a ware
To remove a ware, or in case of a player headquarters also to limit a ware, you just have to select a ware in the list. If it is a normal dock, the selected ware gets removed immediately. Only wares with an empty stock can be removed.

If you select a ware and the station is a player headquarters you have the choice to either remove or limit the selected ware.
Last edited by jlehtone on Wed, 2. Jun 10, 21:49, edited 2 times in total.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 27. Apr 10, 16:05

{Reserved}

panannan
x4

Post by panannan » Sun, 26. Sep 10, 00:35

I Installed bonus pack 4.1.01 on x3 tc 2.7.1 but I cant activate the Dockware Manager. It do'nt show any whare on my factories menues?

White Rat
x4

Problems with the Dockware Manager

Post by White Rat » Fri, 13. Jul 12, 03:06

Hi all,

I seem to be having some problems limiting the storage space for wares in my PHQ

I currently have a CLS II pilot doing the rounds, visiting my various complexes and returning wares to the HQ but he doesn't seem to be taking note of the storage limit - for example I'd set a 3000 Mass Driver ammo pack limit but he continues to stock up beyond this limit.

Similarly, I'd manually docked a ship to see if I could only transfer a 30 Crystal limit but again, I was able to go beyond this amount.

Obviously I'm missing something here as the Dockware Manager worked in X3TC and X3R as I recall.

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

{[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url] Rule #1. Merged. jlehtone}

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Fri, 13. Jul 12, 19:26

Lucike wrote:Just one more thing to dockware manager. Who observes the limits and when?

CLS: Approaching CLS1 pilots. The approaching CLS1 pilot is not in need to have the station as homebase.
CAG: Only the CAG with the station as homebase when delivering wares.
EST: Not at all. Whether with or without set homebase.
PSC: Only the PSC with the station as homebase when delivering minerals.

Luewen82

Post by Luewen82 » Tue, 7. Aug 12, 16:59

panannan wrote:I Installed bonus pack 4.1.01 on x3 tc 2.7.1 but I cant activate the Dockware Manager. It do'nt show any whare on my factories menues?
Same problem here. Installed the bonus pack but where in the complex menu is the dockware manager options?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 7. Aug 12, 23:34

Dockware Manager. Dock as in PHQ, Xenon Hub, Trading Station, or Equipment Dock.

Factories and Complexes are not on that list.

Luewen82

Post by Luewen82 » Sun, 12. Aug 12, 10:17

Aha. That explains it. :D

Thanks for clarifying it.

blacksteel27

Post by blacksteel27 » Sat, 22. Sep 12, 19:26

yea so i got this and it wont even let me set limits on my equiptment dock am i doing somthing wrong?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 22. Sep 12, 19:37

Tell us what you're doing. Then we can tell you, if you're doing something wrong.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

blacksteel27

Post by blacksteel27 » Sat, 22. Sep 12, 20:05

ok well i dock at my equiptemnt dock pull up the advanced command screen for it then select a empty command slot. then i click on dock ware manager and the ware list comes up like add ware and then under it all the wares i already have at it show so i lit on one of them like energy cells and since i already have energy cells there so i wont delet it, it just makes this wrong buzz beep kinda noise and then just takes be back to the add ware and current ware screen.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 22. Sep 12, 20:42

Readme says it all:
Remove or limit a ware
To remove a ware, or in case of a player headquarters also to limit a ware, you just have to select a ware in the list. If it is a normal dock, the selected ware gets removed immediately. Only wares with an empty stock can be removed.

If you select a ware and the station is a player headquarters you have the choice to either remove or limit the selected ware.
So, you can only set ware limits at the Player Headquarters.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

thecrazing
x3tc

Post by thecrazing » Sat, 6. Oct 12, 05:42

Every once in a while one of my wares in the PHQ will suddenly go nuts on me. Almost all of the wares are obeying the limits. I have the PHQ set to not allow NPC traders, it's blacklisted in the Mk3 Blacklist Manager, so I know my UTs aren't doing it. I'm testing ESTs out too, but I have the PHQ set as an exception for those as well, so I know they aren't doing it. Still, every once in a while energy cells will shoot to 300%, or mass driver ammunition to 300%, or something else way high before I catch it and correct it manually. But, teaching myself to check it often for that seems like defeating half the purpose of the limits.

Is this a known bug, or am I missing a consideration? Is there a way I could narrow it down to figure out what's going on?

jcdick1
x4

Post by jcdick1 » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 18:40

While it seems everyone uses the DWM to limit how much gets dumped onto their PHQ by freighters, I am wondering about another use.

As I understand it, if I connect my PHQ directly to a complex hub, it will just suck up whatever resources until its completely full of batteries, soy beans, oil, whatever and then let the individual complex stations fill up.

Will DWM allow me to set limits on the wares the PHQ will suck up from its connected complex?

Thanks!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 19:01

The PHQ can't be connected via complex construction kits with a complex hub (or any other station).

jcdick1
x4

Post by jcdick1 » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 20:48

The PHQ can't be connected via complex construction kits with a complex hub (or any other station).
Well that answers that then.

Thanks!

jcdick1
x4

Post by jcdick1 » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 18:16

Okay, so I'm still trying to figure out how to organize some freighters to provide the materials to my PHQ, but with the limits set by the Dockware Manager.

DWM works with Commercial Agent and CLS1, yes?

I have my PHQ and one huge complex that is making everything that I need, from resources to shields to weapons.

Looking at the Commercial Agent and CLS1 to work with the DWM, and then at CLS2 options separately, it seems there isn't a way to have freighters both meet the requirements I've set for my PHQ through DWM and only go to my one complex, load up on stuff, and dump it at my PHQ without money changing hands. Its either load/unload via waypoints - CLS2, and DWM limits don't apply - or they go buy the stuff - CLS1/Commercial Agent.

Or am I not understanding some of these options?

Thanks!

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Sun, 16. Jun 13, 03:27

Homebase CLS1 freighter to your complex NOT your PHQ.

In the CLS1 menu:
Set the PHQ as the consumer.
Set wares to transfer at zero price.
Start CLS1.

Your freighter should start shipping wares from your complex to the PHQ obeying the ware limits set by DWM without money changing hands.

jcdick1
x4

Post by jcdick1 » Sun, 16. Jun 13, 17:12

And there it is ...

I just needed the ELI5 instructions.

Thank you so much!

jcdick1
x4

Post by jcdick1 » Mon, 17. Jun 13, 19:06

And here I am, bugging again ...

I just received ownership of the Gate Hub, and was thinking I'd do the same for the Gate Hub as I did for my PHQ, and have a particular freighter supply the needed energy to keep the Hub stocked. But whenever I select energy cells from the ware list in DWM to apply limits, it just beeps at me.

Can the DWM not work with the Gate Hub as it does with the PHQ? Or is it considered the wrong kind of station for that?

Thanks!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”