[Script] Camera Drone Spy v1.0 by Nividium 21/02/09

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nividium

[Script] Camera Drone Spy v1.0 by Nividium 21/02/09

Post by Nividium » Sun, 22. Feb 09, 02:01

Name of Script Package: Camera Drone Spy
Version Number: 1.0
Date Released: 21/02/2009
Last Updated: n/a
Script Created For: X3 Terran Conflict v 1.4+
File Package Available: X3 Plugin Manager "SPK"

Download Camera Drone Spy

Description:

Camera Drone Spy adds a new ship command called [Piracy]-[Spy On Station]. This commands a Player owned Camera Drone ship to spy on a target Station. Intercepted Station communications data is sifted with key word matches by the Camera Drone Spy. An email is then sent to you with the findings of any intercepted data. This Camera Drone Spy has been developed by the Teladi to give them an edge over the competition and as a result are only offered for sale in Teladi Shipyards. The drone itself is harmless and legal. In order to turn it into a Spy though, you need to place a "Computer Component" into it's cargo bay (which is programmed by you to be able to intercept Station communication fragments. The authorities can't tell the dif between a normal Camera Drone and your special one making it ideal for spy activities. The Teladi Shipyards offer 3 models of Camera Drones, but buy the cheap one ie: "S" for 8,000 - 10,000 credits, as it only comes with 1 each 1 MJ shield, which will leave room for the required "Computer Component" to fit into it's cargo bay.

Useage:

- Place a "Computer Component" into the drone's cargo bay to enable spying command.
- Move your Camera Drone Spy into a desired Sector (can dock with TL,Carrier,Destroyer for transportation into desired sector. The drone is slow 54 k, so you want to transport it).
- Select the Camera Drone Spy's ship Command [Piracy]-[Spy On Station]. Select a station.
- The drone will now fly to Station and begin spying.
- When it is finished, Camera Drone Spy will send you an email of the results.
- You can only spy one time on an individual Station, then the station adjusts it's security.
- There is a 20 percent chance that the drone will get caught spying. Station will get angry, make you and your drone a FOE and call for Fighter support. Plus you will lose Notoriety.
- Can spy on Friend or Foes.
- The Command ends after a scan and places the drone in Standy mode.
- Intercepted data is sifted and drone will report on 4 main types of data:
1) Loaded ships enroute to a destination.
2) Wares that were ejected due to a collision with another ship.
3) Ware that were ejected due to pirate transgretions.
4) New abandoned Ships that have been sited by station freighters.

Required Equipment:

- Camera Drone
- Computer Component

Installation: Use the X3 Plugin Manager.

Uninstall: Use the X3 Plugin Manager. There is an uninstall script included, which will automatically remove the Camera Drone ship from Teladi Shipyards. After you use the X3 Plugin Manager to uninstall the script package. Start the X3 game and load your save game. Wait a second or two. Check to see if Camera Drones have been removed from a Teladi Shipyard then save your game. Exit X3 game. Start X3 Plugin Manager again. It will ask if you want to remove uninstall scripts. Answer yes. Close X3 Plugin Manager.

Version History:
Version 1.00 Initial Release. Ported from X3 Reunion.

Command Slots Used: "<t id="655">COMMAND_TYPE_PIRACY_55</t>"

Text File Used: 8080-L044.xml

IceFire909
x4

Post by IceFire909 » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 14:17

In a vein attempt to understand the description, I'll just ask this.

So what does this do that an Adv. Satellite can't do?
Incoming Message (4 New Messages)
Your Xenon K has Blue Screen of Death'd.
Your #deca CPU ship has 404'd.
Your Xenon P was docking and has stopped responding.
Your #deca.cefa has limited or no network connectivity.

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 20:11

When you spy on a station, the script will do one of 4 things:
- create an abandon ship for you to claim
- create a container of ware unique to the station's selling product, for you to collect
- create a ship that is fully loaded with the ware unique to the stations selling product, for you to attack and collect dropped ware containers
- malfunction and report gibberish
- sends you an email as to what the scan did

AtomicDryad

Post by AtomicDryad » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 21:59

I recommend this. Pretty balanced from what I can tell, and gives you more stuff to do :D

subzero22
x3ap

Post by subzero22 » Sat, 23. Oct 10, 04:04

I installed this mod camera drone spy. I send the drones to go spy, yet the things they report aren't created. Like the argon beef and an abandoned discoverer.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or what?

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Sat, 23. Oct 10, 06:37

subzero22 wrote:I installed this mod camera drone spy. I send the drones to go spy, yet the things they report aren't created. Like the argon beef and an abandoned discoverer.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or what?
It worked well for everyone else in the past. However, it could be that with all of the X3 update patches, that they changed something which makes the script not work anymore. It was originally written for X3 v1.4 and we are now at version 3.0 so who knows. I don't have time to look at it and my scripting days are pretty much over now anyhow.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”