[SCRIPT] Advanced Thruster Control V1.10 : Updated 17/04/2011

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

daladim

Post by daladim » Sat, 7. Nov 09, 03:42

[quote="Cycrow"]did you check if theres any hotkeys for them ?[/quote]

There are settings for them yes. Like I pointed out in my first post, I had the advanced thruster control set for shift+x. I try to use the hotkey, but nothing happens. No notification, no being able to turn around and shoot behind me while I'm traveling the same direction, no nothing. I have tried different hotkey configs, and it doesn't do anything.

I even uninstalled everything and reinstalled it. Still no go. This is a fresh install of X3 on a fresh install of Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate. It appears as though everything is installed correctly, but I just can't find out how to use the mods.

If the mod is something that adds a purchasable item to the game, where can I find it, and what is it's name? Would it be located in the list of equipment in the script editor or what?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 7. Nov 09, 04:22

one thing to check, if you use the cheat scripts, and goto add ware to a ship.

then select add any ware.

then they should be showing up in that list, called Advanced Thruster Control.

also, scroll down to the bottom and you should have alot of ZZEMPTY entries.

check if those are there.

if they are not, then the problem is with EMP

when did u install EMP, before or after the 2.5 patch ?
if before, did you set the plugin manager into prepare patch mode before installing the new patch ?

if not, its likly the patch as overwritten EMP.
To fix this, you need to uninstall EMP. Reinstalling the 2.5 patch, then reinstall EMP

daladim

Post by daladim » Sat, 7. Nov 09, 08:38

I have checked any wares, and there is none of the mods there either, except maybe for the turbo booster. There are two turbo boosters, MK1 and MK2. The beginning of any wares has a large list of ***Undefined***, and then there is some SS Wares and a few X3TC wares. None of which I have a clue about. But there are no ZZEmpty listings at the bottom either.

I am completely new to this game. This is a fresh install like I mentioned earlier. After installing Windows 7, the first thing I installed, other than my maintenance software, was X3TC. Then I installed the patch. Next I installed the cheat script, and then the mod manager, and finally I installed the mods. I should mention that I did try the game on my old Vista system, but was completely lost and unsatisfied with it's performance. The game functions much smoother on Windows 7, but the controls of the stock game need to be changed in my opinion. I am trying to make the game work more like the familiar Freelancer game I am used to playing.

So it seems as though I have installed everything correctly, but you say it may be a problem with EMP. Is there a newer version than 1.4? I have removed and installed this version twice now, but have yet to attempt a fresh download. I will do that now though.

::EDIT::

Ok, I uninstalled EMP 1.4 and installed EMP-X. It still didn't do anything. Well I shouldn't say that... now I have two hotkey configurations each for the slipstream drive and the thruster override.

Turbo, slipstream, and thruster override are the only three mods I have installed(other than EMP, Ware Manager, and ship rebalance), so I don't understand this. The game recognizes them, so how do I use them? The settings are in the controls config menu, but there are no options to add them to my ship in the script editor.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 7. Nov 09, 14:27

if EMP is installed correctly, then u should always have the ZZEMPTY ware entries, and there should be alot of them, about 100

this is regardless of any other scripts you might have installed.

so if they are not there, then EMP simply isn't loaded.

i assume u have the 2.5 offical patch ?
and did u install that before or after EMP ?

daladim

Post by daladim » Sat, 7. Nov 09, 20:14

I didn't find any mods for this game until after the game was fully installed and patched, so yeah, EMP was installed after the patch was installed. And the mods were installed in this order: EMP, Ware Manager, Turbo Thruster, Slipstream Drive, and finally Advanced Thruster Controls. I made sure to have any prerequisite mods installed before installing the mods I am wanting to use.

Like I mentioned earlier, there a control settings for the three mods, and your Turbo MK1 and MK2 are available for purchase. I currently have MK1 mounted on my ship, at least I think I do. It is in my inventory under mounted hardware. But it doesn't work with the assigned hotkey at all. And the other two items simply aren't available for purchase.

I have one other mod installed also, the ship rebalance mod. I thought maybe it would be causing some conflicts, so I disabled it, yet nothing changed. I have disabled all of the mods to see if the control configurations would be removed, but they weren't. I think this is why I now have two settings for the slipstream and thruster override.

I am going to uninstall the entire game and reinstall it today, I think. I am positive that everything is installed correctly, but doing a fresh install might solve the problem.

::UPDATE::

Well, whatever the problem was, reinstalling the game actually did fix it. I had to start a new game though, which is no big deal since I never did anything in the saved game. But curiously, I have access to the cheat menu in the new game, without having to type in Thereshallbewings. Thought I had to do that in order to access that menu. Oh well.

I'm looking forward to configuring this game and checking out your mods. I hope they're worth it! I'll drop a note and give you some compliments if I find them to my liking! Thanks for the help Cycrow.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 8. Nov 09, 14:22

must have been some rogue script file or something stopping it from working.

when u use mods like EMP, then it will force the game into modified mode anyway, so you dont need to do Thereshallbewings

je_la_d
x3tc

Post by je_la_d » Sun, 31. Jan 10, 16:56

Hey Cycrow, any chance of a compiled script pack from you? I've spent all day tracking down your goodies :lol: I just got TC, and ... its missing something without all of your cool scripts!

BTW, Great work, been using alot of your toys from Reunion, and a few (that I have found) for TC.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 31. Jan 10, 17:06

i plan to release a complate pack once i've finished making the program to make them ;)

Luisedgm
xr

Post by Luisedgm » Fri, 26. Feb 10, 04:12

Where are you supposed to buy the Thruster Constrol? i have done everything right im sure because Splipstream appears on the equipment docks (but its red to me even with my very high rank with the split, so i cant test it) but the Thruster is nowhere to be seen.

ONETONTOMATO

Post by ONETONTOMATO » Tue, 23. Mar 10, 08:04

Cycrow,

Advanced thruster control is brilliant in my opinion, and I haven't even used it yet...I found the device in boron territory and quickly raised my notoriety to purchase my new toy; upon my attempt, the trade restriction was still applied and the required rank is boron readtext22-411 or somethin' of the sort(numbers may be incorrect)........? Am I missing something obvious?....I have the same problem with the split to obtain the slipstrram drive, however, I am able to purchase all adv. jumpdrive components.......tis driving me.........cycrow :cry:

Thank you for your time....... ONETONTOMATO

klarch
x3tc

Post by klarch » Thu, 8. Apr 10, 11:30

ONETONTOMATO wrote:raised my notoriety to purchase my new toy; upon my attempt, the trade restriction was still applied and the required rank is boron readtext22-411 or somethin' of the sort
I have the same problem when I try to buy this upgrade. Any help would be appreciated.

ONETONTOMATO

Post by ONETONTOMATO » Thu, 8. Apr 10, 12:12

I surmise one must complete the Hub...though i have only had a chance to postulate...

Boogabu

Post by Boogabu » Tue, 11. May 10, 08:29

I cheat-installed this ware, and while it technically works, everything is... shaky?

It's like my ship is trying to move in the direction I'm pointed (backward - in the direction I'm coming FROM), but the ware is pushing me the other way. At first, I thought it was just a graphical glitch, but I targeted a station and while I DO move backward, the distance reflects what's actually happening. (i.e., 10.5km, 10.4, 10.5, 10.4, 10.3, 10.4, 10.3, 10.2...)

I thought I might have to cut engines for it to work properly, but no, it shakes less and less until I'm not moving.

Hope I've explained it well enough.

I really hope you figure this out. It would be absolutely awesome for a Kestrel or other fast ship.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 11. May 10, 15:41

Boogabu wrote:I cheat-installed this ware, and while it technically works, everything is... shaky?

It's like my ship is trying to move in the direction I'm pointed (backward - in the direction I'm coming FROM), but the ware is pushing me the other way. At first, I thought it was just a graphical glitch, but I targeted a station and while I DO move backward, the distance reflects what's actually happening. (i.e., 10.5km, 10.4, 10.5, 10.4, 10.3, 10.4, 10.3, 10.2...)

I thought I might have to cut engines for it to work properly, but no, it shakes less and less until I'm not moving.

Hope I've explained it well enough.

I really hope you figure this out. It would be absolutely awesome for a Kestrel or other fast ship.
thats exactly whats happening.
the game moves the ship in the direction you are pointing, no way to stop that.

the script moves your ship to the new calculated position in the direction you need to go
Its the limit of the scripting engine

Boogabu

Post by Boogabu » Tue, 11. May 10, 20:21

Aw! So this is normal operation... :(

Chobittsu
x4

Post by Chobittsu » Wed, 26. May 10, 22:44

Yet again, you saved my ass. Thanks Cyc

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 27. May 10, 00:19

Boogabu wrote:Aw! So this is normal operation... :(
pretty much, a few tweaks to the algorthim might improve it slightly, but its limited by whats possible in the game engine

having no floating point calculations dont make it easy either :P

DaveyP
x3tc

Post by DaveyP » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 20:50

I get a readtext error on the required rank when it shows in the eq dock. I'm Top Boron Rank.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.

Alexfighter

Post by Alexfighter » Wed, 7. Jul 10, 20:26

Hi. Is this script still maintained? I see the ware as a ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE but Can't fix the reference for my savegame in the script editor because when I choose 'Select Ware' I can't find the proper name of the ware. I'm looking for 'Advanced Thruster something'.

Am I wrong? The Thruster Override hotkey is in the menu and double-checked that the ZA_EMP_BLANK really is corresponding to this script.

dctrjons
x4

Post by dctrjons » Mon, 12. Jul 10, 03:49

Going to muck around a bit, but I also can't get this to work. Is there a Betty notification, just so I know what it is while testing?

Have a few mods and this and emp were the last installed, and have the list of ZZ's talked about and cheated in the thruster control, but nothing when the key is bound. So I'll look some more and hopefully if I figure it out, be able to duplicate and explain for others.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”