[ALP] Jumpgate Construction Technology 1.4 TC/AP 17/7/12

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

[ALP] Jumpgate Construction Technology 1.4 TC/AP 17/7/12

Post by LV » Tue, 16. Mar 10, 01:31

[ external image ]

Download 1.4 in that download list RAR format.

Imperial TC Script Library must be installed.

Description
As i was bored..........

This ALP adds a new command in the "General Menu" of the console entitled "Create Gate"

This plugin will install a new EMP ware to Terran & ATF docks Jumpgate Construction Software

Costing 95k any ship capable of carrying XL cargo with 2 Units of JCS can order gate building.

Depending on the distance between the sector your starting from and the jump sector the gates take longer to build. You are also charged more the further you wish to go.

Gate construction is Expensive !!!!!!!

You can only have 4 gates per sector (or the game goes wonky) so i've blocked this, in addition if you do build a gate that you no longer require by targeting it (your aim) and running the "Create Gate" command you can destroy it.

It's that simple

Also the moment you turn the plugin off it will remove all wares and gates.

================================
Version 1.3 update

After more boredom i decided to change most of the features and removed the need for EMP and also added some fluff to the building process

As of 1.3

[ external image ]

You MUST use a M1 or TL class ship

Gates must be created from the materials sold at race Gate Construction Centres.
[ external image ]

A new hotkey allows opening of the menu although it is still also bound to the ships menu.

You can find the locations of the Gate Centres via this menu, in addition it will tell you how much of each material is needed to construct gates from x-y
[ external image ]

To load up with Materials fly within 6k of one of the centres and turn on the Start Material Command by clicking it
[ external image ]

Your ship will be loaded by the station and each transaction counts as enough materials for 1 sector, each trade costs 50k

Building gates is done the same way as before and once your route is chosen drones will now launch from you ship and build the gates for you.

Final Addition

I added some waste wares to the gate fabs which are produced during trade or production, you are advised to use the Radioactive Waste and Hazardous Waste to fill the Waste Facility that is created with the Gate Factories as they will make needed Trading Drones. It is also much safer than the fabs disposing of the waste themselves ;)

Once a fab is full of either waste it will stop producing until the waste is traded.

====================

You are recommended to turn off the plugin and back on again to re-install (give it about 5m sets) and I've added an option so it won't nuke any gates already built unless you choose to do so.

Enjoy.

==============================

How To Use AL Plugins

Install, usual, see one of my other threads it's too late to type it all today

uninstall, turn it off, done

t 8841

command
<t id="841">A_LV_TAKE_SECTOR_CREATE_GATE</t>
Last edited by LV on Sun, 9. Sep 12, 19:36, edited 4 times in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Corporeal

Post by Corporeal » Tue, 16. Mar 10, 04:04

Hallelujah
I mean
halleluLV!

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Tue, 16. Mar 10, 15:57

As always LV a great work.

Just one question, how does the game handle the new gates? Do they update/reflect correctly jump distance between sectors?
I only ask as a number of my scripts use this command. I’ll give it a test tonight, if it reduces jump distances then you could setup a jump gate network to link FDN Nodes which would other wise not see each other.

LA

ADStryker
x3tc

Post by ADStryker » Thu, 25. Mar 10, 19:11

How does one assign the gate connections?

That is, when I build a gate, how do I specify the connecting gate?

Can I choose two sectors I'd like to connect, each of which currently contains fewer than 4 gates, and connect those sector by building a new gate in each sector, then specifying the connection I want?

Does this imply that, to build a "working" gate, I must build a pair of gates?
PSCO1 Cockpits | lowpolyroids-2.04 | Satellite Early Warning Network | Station Camper | Universal Best Buys/Sells | Invasion Warnings | ResizedAldrinBigRock | Equipment R&D | Lowpoly Complex Tubes | Mobile Ship Repairs | Player Workshop | Marauder Shipyard

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 25. Mar 10, 19:28

Login, to answer your question... I don't have a clue :)

ADStryker

When you run the command it pops up the universe map twice, e.g sector for gate 1 and sector for gate 2

I don't think it needs any further explanation

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Thu, 25. Mar 10, 20:58

LV wrote:You can only have 4 gates per sector (or the game goes wonky) so i've blocked this, in addition if you do build a gate that you no longer require by targeting it (your aim) and running the "Create Gate" command you can destroy it.
Does that include Terran sectors with Accelerator gates?

Just curios really.

Excellent script btw :).

Argo.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

wadedidit
x3ap

Post by wadedidit » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 00:25

Can you link up Aldrin?

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 01:25

wadedidit wrote:Can you link up Aldrin?
Yep you can link anywhere to anywhere. just select the position in the sector and a timier will let you know when it'll be complete and a message sent on completion.

you can even link the hub to the new gates...pretty cool.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

trekkie33
x3tc

Post by trekkie33 » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 01:47

Is there a way to set the direction of the gate? i.e. north, south, ext.

If not is there a way to change the script to produce different gate directions?

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 02:17

No idea, I have one gate I made that has it's exit facing away from the centre of the sector. Not a big problem as long as they work.

It would be nice if they could be orientated to point in diferent directions but I have no idea what that would take to implement, only LV knows that I think.

Argo.
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 11:25

I'll take a look at the positioning but it's not something i've played with much

as far as NSEW this is handled by the script if the sector already has N/S then the gate would be W/E, you can have 2 north gates but iirc when i was building this the options i had for settings the direction i removed, this would be because the script wasn't doing as it was told but i'll look at it again now it's working
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

Joman
x3tc

Post by Joman » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 14:15

now i can fly from ore belt to parenid prime!
Yay!!! Lv you are an geni!!!
I know, i know. DONT blame me for my english.

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 16:28

Just to compare, how does this differ from the jumppoint flatpack?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 19:41

it probably doesn't apart from the TOA's used in that script from a quick scan, I didn't even know that script existed ;)

pmyers101
x3tc

NPC usage

Post by pmyers101 » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 20:53

So will NPC's also be able to use the new jump gates?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 23:21

http://x3tcscripts.googlecode.com/files/turn.object.rar

add these 2 scripts to your game which i'll build into the script later

run the handler script (named as such) and have the gate targeted, there is a command to set orientation in the se but the math ain't coming to me to do it automatically so these scripts will force the issue Argo ;)

pmyers101

yes, the only reason i built them for myself was to entice more xenon and Khaak traffic through them ;)
LV's TC Scripts

TwilightWalker
x3tc

Post by TwilightWalker » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 23:23

Retiredman wrote:Just to compare, how does this differ from the jumppoint flatpack?
I've used the flatpack before, and have only just started to delve into LV's script here, but the main differences I see is that LV lets you set up both sides of the gate from a single point, whereas for the Flat-packs, you had to fly from one sector to another to set them up, and in the meantime, the lone gate leads to a Xenon sector. LV also has his variable prices, where as the Flat-packs are a fixed price per jumpgate.

pmyers101
x3tc

Post by pmyers101 » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 01:32

Thanks LV, now that I am home from work I will be installing this and seeing if I cannot get a little more interaction from the Xenon and Kha'ak with the other races. this could be a lovely universe after all.

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 02:45

LV wrote:http://x3tcscripts.googlecode.com/files/turn.object.rar

add these 2 scripts to your game which i'll build into the script later

run the handler script (named as such) and have the gate targeted, there is a command to set orientation in the se but the math ain't coming to me to do it automatically so these scripts will force the issue Argo ;)

pmyers101

yes, the only reason i built them for myself was to entice more xenon and Khaak traffic through them ;)
Wow...the Force is truly strong with you LV :)

Thanks for the fix, I'll load it up in a while and have a go at that gate.

Many thanks.

Argo.
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Mon, 29. Mar 10, 21:44

@LV

Only got around to testing the turn scripts now.

Excellent job, many thanks, the gate is now facing the right way :)

Argo.
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”