[SCR][june 08][v. 2.5-] STO 1.57 - overtake sectors

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Khensu
x3tc

Post by Khensu » Mon, 23. Nov 09, 13:24

yeap... thats true :)

but then at least give me a player owned Shipyard :D

well, I know that the PHQ can build ships, but it takes tooo long :(

ohh and found something interesting in your script, when I capture a Xenon sector, and turn off the Raids, the Xenons still respawn for 1 sec then disapear, it looks a bit stupid, but I guess that it cant be any other way done?

EDIT: one more thing, the popup message about the tax is realy annoying, cant you make it to a normal message, because I dotn want audio, and the popup is geting in the way in the worst cases :(
Sry for my bad english ^^"

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Mon, 23. Nov 09, 14:04

Khensu wrote:yeap... thats true :)

but then at least give me a player owned Shipyard :D

well, I know that the PHQ can build ships, but it takes tooo long :(
As i am working on XTC atm, i will not find the time to do such a script ;)

ohh and found something interesting in your script, when I capture a Xenon sector, and turn off the Raids, the Xenons still respawn for 1 sec then disapear, it looks a bit stupid, but I guess that it cant be any other way done?
Respawning Xenon- and Khaak-ships will be destroyed by STO, because otherwise it wouldn´t be possible to hold the overtaken sectors, because normally the ships respawn endless and very fast... so the one second issue is because it takes a certain time to detect the ships in the sector and deciding which to destroy. This can´t be changed.
The raid-ships will of course not be destroyed ;)
EDIT: one more thing, the popup message about the tax is realy annoying, cant you make it to a normal message, because I dotn want audio, and the popup is geting in the way in the worst cases :(
Switch off the tax-reports in the upper options, then it will appear only, if you don´t have enough cash

Khensu
x3tc

Post by Khensu » Mon, 23. Nov 09, 14:09

Trickmov wrote:Switch off the tax-reports in the upper options, then it will appear only, if you don´t have enough cash
but I want to know about my tax, but not forcefully given to my face :(

Sesk
x4

Post by Sesk » Tue, 24. Nov 09, 00:18

I had no problem with your English, tho that 'consume' part really got me (consume: eat(destroy), consume: gain control of, consume: drain).

Anyway, repost in the appropriate (?) place:
By me.

Just installed Sector Takeover script, looking for some new place to install myself, done over and again with the buyable Unknown Sector, looking for a more active place to call home (as in traffic of all kinds).

I'm willing to take over Paranid, Pirate, Yaki, Xenon and Unknown sectors (Kha'ak?).

I'dd build a Space Weed complex with other things (ec, chips, tubes, ore, crystals) or maybe Space Fuel if I'm closer to Argon then Teladi, if it even matters (Teladi only buys Weed and Argon only Fuel right? so Fuel complex far away from Argon sectors wont make much profits?)

I'd buy asteroids if there aren't in the sector too.
I mentioned too much script-like stuff, was deemed not appropriate as a general question =/ Can't you take over a sector without a script :?

Khensu
x3tc

Post by Khensu » Tue, 24. Nov 09, 00:22

the diference between haveing a lot of stations in a secter and owning a sector is huge :)

for starters you have to defend your own place :)
and with this script you get tax money to :D

Sesk
x4

Post by Sesk » Tue, 24. Nov 09, 03:31

I'm just looking for a new interesting sector to take over.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Wed, 25. Nov 09, 05:37

Trickmov, possible bug...

I've taken over four "Unknown sectors" but only ONE shows up in the STO menu.

I'm assuming that the script is not recognizing the other three, therefore I'm losing in tax income, etc.

Otherwise, absolutely phenomenal script. Thanks for making this.

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Wed, 25. Nov 09, 10:13

Hmm, don´t know, i just tested at me, no problem with this...

perhaps this is similar to a problem another user had... seems as if the 2.5 update had changed some global vars, but don´t know exactly.

Try deinstalling the script (with the button inside the script), save and reload (without removing the scripts). If this doesn´t work, i could only have a look at your savegame.

Greets
Trickmov

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Sun, 13. Dec 09, 19:35

Update:

Download STO 1.20 für TC 2.5

change log:
- some minor text issues fixed
- added support for the Galactic News System. This means, if the GNS is installed, STO will show additional texts there, if a sector is overtaken or lost. STO 1.20 will run without problems, even if the GNS is not installed. Thanks to X2-Eliah for these texts :)

Thermo18

Question about Yaki Sectors

Post by Thermo18 » Fri, 1. Jan 10, 10:55

Hey first off love the script so far, just seeing my name under the race section when scanning sectors is sweet enough!

In response to bmanz post about the writing...way to look a gift horse in the mouth bud, seriously get some class.

russbo make sure you have a trading dock in the sector and destroy every other station in the sector. Happened to me too and figured out I didn't have a trading dock, added one and it poped up sector mine right away.

BUT, onto my question

I'm taking over Yaki sectors because in my opinion they are just pirates and I kill pirates onsite :twisted:

But when taking over senators badlands the Akuma destroyer keeps spawning inside, are they considered 'raids' or something else built in. I'm not sure of the technical terms everyone uses for the different scripts built into the game.

The sector is mine, I have raids turned off and even those sectors are yaki forbidden in the options.

If this is another script/mod that handles this would you know off the top of your head which one?

Thanks in advance! Great script. Egosoft should thank you I was about to stop playing when I found out I couldn't take over sectors!

Trickmov
x3tc

Re: Question about Yaki Sectors

Post by Trickmov » Fri, 1. Jan 10, 15:07

Thank you :)
Thermo18 wrote:
I'm taking over Yaki sectors because in my opinion they are just pirates and I kill pirates onsite :twisted:

But when taking over senators badlands the Akuma destroyer keeps spawning inside, are they considered 'raids' or something else built in. I'm not sure of the technical terms everyone uses for the different scripts built into the game.
The respawning of any ship in the game is handled by the game directly and can't be changed by scripts. So the respawning Yaki-ships are build by the game-engine.

For Xenon and Khaak I have built in a respawn-suppression, because their ships respawn very fast and otherwise it would be impossible to hold the sector over a longer time. The suppression in these two cases is done by destroying the newly created ships.

However I have never tried to overtake a races sector or a Yaki one, so I don't know, how fast the respawning is there. But as as it is not very believable that the former owner races let the sector to you, without sending new ships into it, I don't think that a suppression like for Xenon or Khaak would make sense there - so you will have to fight there ;) (or doing it by a fitting cheat, which destroys automatically all Yaki-ships)

Greets
Trickmov

Thermo18

Post by Thermo18 » Sat, 2. Jan 10, 22:18

Thanks for the quick reply. I was afraid of this answer :)

The akuma respawns pretty quickly with fighter support. It always goes after the closest satellite and then just lurks in the fog waiting. With its current armament it has taken down any destoyer that goes head to head with it.

But it's nothing that can't be solved with more firepower and is nowhere as bad as Xenon respawns like you said.

I actually want to turn on raids because I agree with you that races will try to retake sectors, the only problem I have with the current game engine is that they can respawn anywhere in the sector.

Now for me to do this I have to use a cheat script 'warp to' function so when the game engine warps in enemies its technically cheating anyways. But this is another reason why I like your script until the game engine stops cheating and makes incoming raids jump into the sector via the jump gates, I will continue keeping raids turned off!

Thanks again for the quick reply, now I'm off to takeover the Teladi races, because they are bascially pirates anyways for letting them use thier facilities. and airspace. (I imagine I will make a case for every race being associated with pirates and in the end only have myself in the universe lol)

Cheers!
If you see a Hamm Corporation vessel, you won't live to tell your friends about it.

Thermo18

Post by Thermo18 » Sat, 9. Jan 10, 00:17

Hello again,

Just wanted to give an update on the takeover of the Yaki.

It seems now the Akuma is spawning several times an hour with over 30 fighter support units. These range from M5-M4-M5, so the response from the Yaki is starting to become worse then the Xenon.

The fighter support units are all spawning with the Akuma and the protect Akuma command. So no matter what defense or ship you have patrolling, they are all becoming prey to the Akuma. (Even a Large Orbital Defense Platform cant take them out)

Unless you personally go into the sector and cap the Akuma (even hard for yourself) you continually take losses.

Just wanted to update this, and maybe request in the next content patch a way for the script to utilize the race forbidden settings to clear other races spawning like it does the Xenon. I don't know how technical all this would be for you, so if it's not worth your time, I fully understand.

The script is flawless, this is just a request. I always say it never hurts to ask!

Thanks again for your time!
If you see a Hamm Corporation vessel, you won't live to tell your friends about it.

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Sat, 9. Jan 10, 01:08

The problem I am having with that is, that that even the Xenon/Khaak-destruction is some sort of cheat... but as they are the ones who began the war (you never have a chance to avoid this), I have no problem with just executing them.

With the Yaki and all other races the situation is different - you are able to avoid any conflict - so it's up to the player to not start a war - if he does he has to carry the consequences ;)

Thermo18

Post by Thermo18 » Sat, 9. Jan 10, 08:02

Ah! I got ya

Ok your sticking to your moral code I like that. I fully understand where your coming from. This makes perfect sense to me and your right I chose to create the war with the Yaki and I should fight them off! lol

So I retract my request for this feature then, thanks as always for the quick response!

And for anyone reading this dont fight the Yaki unless your prepared for a bigger fight then the Xenon! hah

At least they dont attack the stations so technically the sector is mine and for pride sake I will say I allow them to survive in that sector out of pity 8)

Happy Hunting All

Phil62
x3tc

Post by Phil62 » Sun, 31. Jan 10, 08:05

Hi. Hope that someone can help me out here.
Installed STO 1.21 - I get the welcoming message - put a Trading station in Savage Spur - get the message that sector has been taken over.
Tried to access the manu with the hotkey but just get a "beep".
Tried to de-install manually , removed all local variables manually, removed hotkey, re-installed but still same issue.
I have read through the German thread with "Google translator" and believed that someone had the same issue but could not figure out what he did nor could I understand Trickmov's answer
Can anyone help me or have a suggestion? Read through the whole thread and it seems that it is working for every one, I must probably be doing something wrong but I don't know what. In X2R I never had any issue.
Thanks

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Sun, 31. Jan 10, 10:16

This is my fault, I had changed the menu, because there was someone, who had an unfinite loop detection. So I added an additional wait to prevent this, but unfortunatly the menu got very slow by that, so I had to change it again. In 1.21 the menu opens, but it takes long - when trying to press the hotkey several times you get the beep because only one menu can be started at the same time.

Download STO 1.23 for TC 2.5
Last edited by Trickmov on Sun, 31. Jan 10, 21:20, edited 1 time in total.

Phil62
x3tc

Post by Phil62 » Sun, 31. Jan 10, 11:09

Trickmov,
Thanks for the quicj reply.
But no change :( . I get the beep at the first press of the hotkey

Phil62
x3tc

Post by Phil62 » Sun, 31. Jan 10, 12:34

Trickmov
I think I found the answer. STO must be conflicting with another script I have installed.
I have tried a clean install with nothing else on. STO works fine.
Now I have to find out which script is conflicting.
Thanks for the help

japie1979

Post by japie1979 » Sat, 20. Feb 10, 06:46

Well... I have the same problem here. Did you find out which mod was conflicting with this one?
It would save me a lot of time! :wink:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”