[SCR] Dockware Manager [9th April 2010 X³:TC 3.1.05]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Saetan
x4

[SCR] Dockware Manager [9th April 2010 X³:TC 3.1.05]

Post by Saetan » Mon, 9. Nov 09, 15:49

Dockware Manager is developed by Lucike. This topic is released with his permission.

Dockware Manager is also part of Lucikes Script Collection.

Content:

Part 1: Dockware Manager

Part 2: Change of command-slots

Part 3: ( -- reserved -- )
---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

Dockware Manager
(Version 3.1.05 – 9th April 2010)

[ external image ]

[ external image ] [ external image ]

Overview Dockware Manager
  • A small extension to add wares to or remove wares from player owned trading stations, equipment docks or a headquarter.
  • The manager can set limits for the different wares for a player headquarter too. These limits get considered by Commercial Agents, Commodity Logistic-pilots and Prospectors.

Dockware Manager Preparations

Download

Lucike left after he got temporarly banned from the X-Universe Forums and asked me to remove the direct download links. Of course I respect his wish, so I replaced the download links with links onto his own homepage.

-> Dockware Manager (Version 3.1.05)

Prerequisites: X³: Terran Conflict Version 2.5 or higher (not compatible with X³: Reunion) !!

Activation of the Script Editor

Dockware Manager doesn’t require the script editor to be activated. Dockware Manager includes a script, that automatically sets the game to “modified”.

With the script editor activated, additional technical information can be displayed. This can be enabled in the script editor menu (Script Debugging: Additional Information) but is recommended to be left "off" as it might be confusing to some players. It is possible to run unsigned scripts without activating the script editor. This requires a change in the scripts boot file. In any case the save game will become “modified”.

Installation

Simply extract the *.zip file to your X³ TC folder. The .zip file includes the folders “\scripts\...” and “\t\...” which also exist in your X³ TC folder. Any additional folders in the *.zip file are for maintenance and uninstalling and should also be extracted to your X³ TC folder.

Uninstallation

The folder “\scripts.uninstall\...“ includes the file “setup.plugin.dockware.manager.pck”. Copy this file to the script folder (\scripts\...). Start X³ TC and load your save game. The uninstall process will start automatically and send a message to your log upon completion. The process can take up to 20 seconds from loading the savegame. Save the game.

Run the batch-file „Delete all Dockware Manager Scripts.bat“ in the “\scripts.delete\...” folder. This will delete all the script’s files. The uninstall process is now complete.

Important: Never simply delete scripts, because they are connected to your savegame.

Updating older versions

Simply extract the *.zip file to your X³ TC folder. The .zip file includes the folders “\scripts\...” and “\t\...” which also exist in your X³ TC folder. Any additional folders in the *.zip file are for maintenance and uninstalling and should also be extracted to your X³ TC folder.

The batch-files “Delete old Dockware Manager Scripts.bat” in the “\scripts.delete\” folder takes care of deleting old and unneeded script files. This step is not required, but will keep your script folder organized.

In game nothing has to be manually restarted. All ships or station automatically restart their scripts.

Dockware Manager Manual

A small extension to add wares to or remove wares from player owned trading stations, equipment docks or a headquarter. The manager can set limits for the different wares for a player headquarter too. These limits get considered by Commercial Agents, Commodity Logistic-pilots and Prospectors.

Handling

[ external image ]

The dockware manager gets started via an unused command-slot of the dock. After starting it a menu opens, which shows the following choices.

Add ware

[ external image ]

To add new wares you've got different choices. You can search and add a specific ware by ware type or you can select one from another station. Also the whole assortment of a station can be taken.

[ external image ]

If adding a single ware to a player headquarter you will be promted for the limitation immediatly after adding the ware.

Remove or limit a ware

To remove a ware, or in case of a player headquarter also to limit a ware, you just have to select a ware in the list. If it is a normal dock, the selected ware gets removed immediatly. Only wares whith an empty stock can be removed.

[ external image ]

If you select a ware and the station is a player headquarter you have the choice to either remove or limit the selected ware.

Additional Information

None

Technical Data Dockware Manager

Language File
8004-L007.xml (ID 8004)
8004-L039.xml (ID 8004)
8004-L044.xml (ID 8004)
8004-L049.xml (ID 8004)

Command-Slots
COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_19 (1119)

Object-Task
Station Task 10 to 19 (depending on the players choice )

Official abbreviations
"der DWM"
"the DWM"

Changes at Dockware Manager

Downloads

-> Dockware Manager (Version 3.1.04)
-> Dockware Manager (Version 3.1.03)
-> Dockware Manager (Version 3.1.02)
-> Dockware Manager (Version 3.1.01)

Changelog

14th October 2008 (Version 3.alpha.01)
  • First version.

25th October 2008 (Version 3.alpha.02)
  • Errors in the limitation corrected.

5th November 2008 (Version 3.beta.01)
  • Several small improvements.
  • Alpha-phase finished.

17th May 2009 (Version 3.1.00)
  • Dockware Manager expanded.
  • Beta-phase finished.
31th May 2009 (Version 3.1.01)
  • In the overview of the wares the whole limited cargo space is visible now.
22nd August 2009 (Version 3.1.02)
  • Adjustments for the Bonus Pack.
  • Italian language file added.
23rd August 2009 (Version 3.1.03)
  • Bug Fix: In a new game the language file didn't load correctly.
  • Russian language file added.
15th November 2009 (Version 3.1.04)
  • New function added for a take over of old wares limitations.
9th April 2010 (Version 3.1.05)
  • Menu of the headquarters reorganized.
  • Replaced the ware overview through an information menu.
Last edited by Saetan on Fri, 12. Aug 11, 11:39, edited 11 times in total.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Mon, 9. Nov 09, 15:50

Change of the Command-Slots
(After an idea by SymTec ltd.)

The Dockware Manager uses a command-slot in Station Commands. They own to the group 1100. You have to search a unused slot inside these group.

To change the command-slot you just have to modify the language file. The scripts don't have to be modified themself. The language file "8004-L044.xml" can be found in the language directory (..\t\..) which is placed inside the X³ main directory. First open the language file with an simple text editor. Notepad.exe of MS Windows® is best for it. Don't use MS Word® or MS WordPad® for it.

The command-slot settings have to be changed at five positions (marked in yellow: page id's 8018, 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2022). The standard slot is 1119 (marked in red). You can find it easily at the end of the language file.
8004-L044.xml wrote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<language id="44">

.....<page id="8004" title="Dockware Manager" descr="">

..........[...]

..........<t id="20000">1119</t>
.....</page>

.....<page id="2008" title="Script Object Commands" descr="">
..........<t id="1119">COMMAND_DOCKWARE_MANAGER</t>
.....</page>

.....<page id="2010" title="Script Cmd Names" descr="">
..........<t id="1119">Dock Ware manager</t>
.....</page>

.....<page id="2011" title="Script Cmd Shorts" descr="">
..........<t id="1119">DWARE</t>
.....</page>

.....<page id="2022" title="Command Info" descr="">
..........<t id="1119">This command adds or removes a given ware to your dock or headquarters. This command can limit stocking of given wares in docks or Headquarters, too, provided limit is not higher than total cargo space. Commercial Agent, pilot of Commodity Logistics and Economy Trader will respect these limits.\n{2022,99999}</t>
..........<t id="99999">\n\033B© Machiel Software Corporation\033X\n\033BHerrons Nebula\033X</t>
.....</page>

</language>
After you replaced the command-slot with the unused one at these five positions simply save the file. After that, start your game.

Information: If the language file is packed, that mean the file extension is ".pck" you have to unpack the language file first. It can be unpacked by every packer software which handles GZ-compression. For example, such programms are WinZip, WinRAR or 7-Zip. After the change you can pack the language file again. If you don't want to pack it, save the unpacked, modified language file with the file extension ".xml" inside the language directory. You have to delete the packed one then, because X³ prevers packed versions of the files.

Last edited by Saetan on Mon, 9. Nov 09, 15:58, edited 1 time in total.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Mon, 9. Nov 09, 15:50

( -- reserved -- )

Targ Collective
x4

Post by Targ Collective » Mon, 9. Nov 09, 22:13

Targ Collective looks on the script fondly. Yes, this will indeed suit the purpose well.

"At last, it will be possible to manage HQ building materials! No more, will we need to shuttle resources around! One complex, one purpose, one ship construction facility! For the corporation head this is indeed a dream come true!"

Saetan, thanks for taking care of Lucike's scripts over here in the English forums, on behalf of all of us.
Learn to use stickies. Look here for mods for X3TC and here for guides across everything since X2. If you haven't read the Forum Rules do so before we beat you with sticks. Above all have fun.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Mon, 9. Nov 09, 23:40

Targ Collective wrote:Saetan, thanks for taking care of Lucike's scripts over here in the English forums, on behalf of all of us.

That's my way to thank Lucike for his really great work. IMHO X³ would be much less comfortable and therefore nearly unplayable and frustrating for me, without his scripts.

Additionally, DWM is a important script for the usability of my eEQ-modification. ;-)

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 15. Nov 09, 17:59

Dockware Manager
(Version 3.1.04 – 15th November 2009)

[ external image ]

Download

-> Dockware Manager (Version 3.1.04)

15th Novmeber 2009 (Version 3.1.04)
  • New function added for a take over of old wares limitations.

NewEonOrchestra
x3tc

Post by NewEonOrchestra » Thu, 18. Feb 10, 01:03

I just tried out this script. Can someone specify how "limit" works? I was under the impression it means "this station will not buy beyond this quantity of goods," but in my game I'm seeing NPC trader ships still overloading the specified goods in my PHQ, and thus preventing me from being able to gather the appropriate ratio of wares to build ships.

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 18. Feb 10, 01:11

The manager can set limits for the different wares for a player headquarter too. These limits get considered by Commercial Agents, Commodity Logistic-pilots and Prospectors.
nowhere does it say NPC :)

dmichailcz

Post by dmichailcz » Thu, 18. Feb 10, 01:14

NewEonOrchestra wrote:I just tried out this script. Can someone specify how "limit" works? I was under the impression it means "this station will not buy beyond this quantity of goods," but in my game I'm seeing NPC trader ships still overloading the specified goods in my PHQ, and thus preventing me from being able to gather the appropriate ratio of wares to build ships.
It's better to use it together with CAG and restriction of trading NPC with HQ.
I am not very good in english, so please, forgive me...

NewEonOrchestra
x3tc

Post by NewEonOrchestra » Thu, 18. Feb 10, 02:07

Ah... and to think all I was doing was looking for a simple way to partition off the resources in my PHQ like the way EQ docks work. Dang.

I'll check out CAG. Thanks for the help.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sat, 10. Apr 10, 10:33

Dockware Manager
(Version 3.1.05 – 9th April 2010)

[ external image ]

Required: X³: Terran Conflict Version 2.5 or newer (not compatible with X³ Reunion) !!

9th April 2010 (Version 3.1.05)
  • Menu of the headquarters reorganized.
  • Replaced the ware overview through an information menu.

taquinvol

Post by taquinvol » Mon, 26. Apr 10, 09:30

I installed this script but didn't use it in-game as I was doing some other stuff (annihilating Xenon) and considered using it sometime in the future.

After a while, when I returned to my PHQ, I noticed that the ware list was full of "Unknown Object" whenever I used the "adjust station parameters" (d) menu. If I use the display information menu instead (u) I can see the wares and their quantities just fine.

As this is the only script I have installed that meddles with docks and their wares my suspicions fell on it. Is there something I can do to reverse this as there are quite a lot of wares on the station I can't access now? I tried adding items to the ware list from the Dockware Manager menu but they do not appear, I just get a small list of items (which I had never selected to add to the list in the first place) and that's it.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Mon, 26. Apr 10, 20:08

taquinvol:

Quite a long time ago now, once there have been similar reports in the German board for Dockware Manager and/or my enhanced Equipment Docks ... none of them could ever been tracked down to the DWM or the eEQ ... it always seemed, that they got caused by another script or mod ... or maybe one which doesn't work properly with the DWM?

Maybe some more detailed information about your X³:TC installation could help.

Best regards,
Saetan

taquinvol

Post by taquinvol » Tue, 27. Apr 10, 13:13

Saetan wrote:or maybe one which doesn't work properly with the DWM?

Maybe some more detailed information about your X³:TC installation could help.
Yes it definitely must be some incompatibility. I uninstalled DWM and played on another savegame and didn't have this occur at all. I'll paste a list of the mods I got installed whenever I get back home. Off the top of my head the only other mod I can think of that negotiates stuff with the docks/hq would be AutoPrep Ship although I have only enabled it on a carrier.

fodd

Post by fodd » Thu, 29. Jul 10, 01:49

ive spent a while with this script today trying to get it to run and i just cant seem to get the command to appear in the station commands. im sure i installed everything correctly because i get the message upon loading my game saying it is active.

i assumed it was a conflict with command IDs so i changed the IDs in the language file like the instructions said but it did nothing. I am still really new to anything past installing scripts so perhaps i don't know what to change the IDs too? any help here would be greatly appreciated. the other scripts i am currently running that involve station commands are Anarkis Defense System and Ware Blueprint Manager.

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Sun, 5. Dec 10, 05:44

How could i make EST or CAG grab the ware over the limit for npc selling?

Katorone
x3tc

Post by Katorone » Fri, 21. Jan 11, 20:41

I know it doesn't say it specifically... But are EST's also respecting the limits of the dock ware manager?
I'm asking because my local & universe traders are filling the depots (XTM) over the limit set by the DWM. So EST would be a viable solution for me.

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Fri, 25. Feb 11, 03:09

Katorone wrote:I know it doesn't say it specifically... But are EST's also respecting the limits of the dock ware manager?
I'm asking because my local & universe traders are filling the depots (XTM) over the limit set by the DWM. So EST would be a viable solution for me.
I see there is a way to stop NPC traders from overstocking me on wares that I set in Dockware manager. I just set the station so it can't trade with other races. Not sure if there are other, better ways or not.

But is there a way to stop my own Universe Traders from overstocking me? I try to do this by limiting my buying price so I'm never "best price" but that leaves my eED mod CAG with no options to buy supplies.

For the record, I'm using Dockware manager for my OTAS Equipment Dock from the enhanced Equipment Docks mod (the eED mod I referred to). I'm supplying it with a max level CAG.

After several hours, I also tried setting my CAG to "Buy 100%" and "Sell 100%." Theory being that it would stock me to 100%, and if anything was over 100% it would sell down to 100%. But it isn't doing that. It hasn't sold a single thing, even though I've been overstocked on some items for days.

*scratches head*

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Fri, 25. Feb 11, 11:31

As already quoted in the topic of the eEQ-Mod:
Lucike wrote:Just one more thing to dockware manager. Who observes the limits and when?

CLS: Approaching CLS1 pilots. The approaching CLS1 pilot is not in need to have the station as homebase.
CAG: Only the CAG with the station as homebase when delivering wares.
EST: Not at all. Whether with or without set homebase.
PSC: Only the PSC with the station as homebase when delivering minerals.
So, no, EST doesn't respect the limits of the dockware manager. What you could do, is to forbid EST to dock and trade at your HQ-class stations. There is a command inside the stations commands, which can forbit landing for EST's.

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Fri, 25. Feb 11, 17:33

What is EST? I'm talking about Universe Trader. Is that EST?

Looking at the commands for eEQ dock, I don't see any command to prevent trading with anybody, except the generic "other races."

I wasn't sure which side of things controlled this, it seemed more likely I'd be able to find a setting inside Dockware manager. If there isn't one, I'll try eED but just looking at station commands I can't see a way to do anything other than turn off trading with other races.

Gonna try alternating the CAG to Salesman, Buy 0%, Sell 100%. Maybe that will work. If so, I'll just have one CAG for sales, and one for purchases.

Edit: Didn't work. He's trying to sell all the stock, not just down to 100% from over 100%. :( I'll just have to monitor stock levels and do remote selling every now and then, I guess.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”