3rd Party Permissions Index

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

3rd Party Permissions Index

Post by LV » Tue, 16. Feb 10, 17:50

This thread is so authors of scripts & mods (and MD code) can post if their work is available for others to use, repackage and re-distribute

It is an optional index which should save those of us who don't mind other people using our work needless PM's and emails etc, in addition if you drift away from the forum there will be a record of your agreement for those scripting in the future.

If for any strange reason your happy to share some of your work but not all please detail which is ok to use

There are only 2 rules here

1. You do not need to post in this thread unless you wish to give your blessings.

2. Posts that detail permission being granted MUST not be edited (to avoid any future arguments and discrepancies)

Permission unless detailed otherwise by the author will cover Scripts/Mods/MD code and finally translations to other languages

Code: Select all

[new post in the topic (unedited)]

Example 1:- My scripts/models are free to be reused in your scripts/mods as long as you say thankyou in your topic

More info on use of mods & scripts can be found in [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url]

--------------------------------------------

I'll Kick off
Last edited by LV on Tue, 16. Feb 10, 18:00, edited 2 times in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 16. Feb 10, 17:50

My scripts/models are free to be reused in your scripts/mods as long as you say thankyou in
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 16. Feb 10, 17:53

My scripts/models are free to be reused in your scripts/mods as long as you say thankyou in your topic

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Tue, 16. Feb 10, 17:59

My scripts/models are free to be reused in your scripts/mods as long as you say thankyou in your topic.

Matterom
x4

Post by Matterom » Tue, 16. Feb 10, 18:08

i throw in every one of mine present and future :D
My Mods:
Sector Administration: A Tax Mod

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Tue, 16. Feb 10, 18:44

My scripts/models are free to be reused in your scripts/mods as long as you say thankyou in your topic.

LA

Spoiler
Show
I would also like fame, fortune, women, drugs, rock & roll, and as a side note World Peace :wink:
Last edited by Logain Abler on Wed, 17. Feb 10, 20:47, edited 2 times in total.

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Tue, 16. Feb 10, 21:57

I thought it was already included in the release topic.

Anyway:

My scripts & plugins can be used in any mod as long as you let me know and link the original topic in your release readme/topic/whatever.

My libraries can be freely reused anywhere with or without modifications.
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 17. Feb 10, 01:23

My scripts/mods/MD are free to be reused in your scripts/mods as long as you.....

...say thankyou in your topic,

...include details of the used work in your documentation in topic and packed with your scripts/mods/md,

...inform me of your use by pm or email, so I know who is using what, (I should receive these even if I appear dormant in the forums),

...give me the opportunity to use what you have done should I consider your work to be better, more useful, or a good addition to my own.

I also ask that ships are not renamed, and retain the name used in my mods, regardless if Apricot or another author. The same with my stations, if you use the files and code for creating them.

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Wed, 17. Feb 10, 08:57

My scripts for X3 Reunion and X3 Terran Conflict can be used and/or modified to be used by themselves or in a mod. A thank you in your topic is appreciated but not necessary. A link in your original post back to my script topic that is being used/modified is required.

Cheers.
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
[CPU] AMD FX-9370 8 Cores 4.4 - 4.7GHZ 16MB DDR3-1866
[Cooling] Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
[Video] Evga 970 GTX SC 3.5Gb Ram ==> [Ram] G-Skills Ripjaws X 16GB
[Harddrive] (2) x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

KNT79

Post by KNT79 » Wed, 17. Feb 10, 18:44

The main purpose of the Homeworld 2 ships I have ported to X3TC is to be used somewhere. So,

the ships are free to be used/modified in your mods as long as
* you give the credits
* the owners of the original content raise no objections.
NOT PEACE BUT A SWORD

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Wed, 17. Feb 10, 19:54

My scripts are free to use for whatever as long as credit is given. I would also prefer if you left a link in to the appropriate forum page since there may be updates

jlehtone
x4

Re: 3rd Party Permissions Index

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 17. Feb 10, 21:05

Ladies,
LV wrote:2. Posts that detail permission being granted MUST not be edited (to avoid any future arguments and discrepancies)
:goner:

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 4. Mar 10, 08:34

My scripts/mods are free to be reused in your scripts/mods as long as you include credit in your topic and link to the included item's topic.
Doesn't have to be a prominent link but should be easy to find say, in a link section at the bottom of the post.

My libraries can be freely reused anywhere with or without modifications or credit but if you do modify them, drop a note in the library's topic to avoid version conflicts with others using it.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Fri, 5. Mar 10, 08:19

My scripts/mods are free to be reused in your scripts/mods as long as you say thank you somewhere

My libraries can be freely reused anywhere with any modification, notification of use or credits are not required.
Last edited by s9ilent on Tue, 23. Mar 10, 05:37, edited 1 time in total.

Phezzan
xr

Post by Phezzan » Tue, 23. Mar 10, 04:17

Feel free to use / modify anything I post.
Credit is appreciated, but (like tipping) not required.

My only requirement is that you don't post a modified version and represent it as the original.
You should either change the name, or mention in the description that your version is modified, a bugfix, etc...

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Tue, 23. Mar 10, 09:09

My Mods/MD files/creations are free to be reused in your scripts/mods/MD files/creations as long as you say thankyou in your topic.

Argo.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Tue, 23. Mar 10, 17:21

Any mod or script that I create/have created is free to be reused, provided credit is given. Please post in the relevant thread, just so I know you're using it and can let you know about new updates/bugs if necessary.

You do not need to ask permission unless I have specifically stated that you need to, in the script/mod's relevant thread. I probably won't, but it's nice to feel all bases are covered.

Dear lord, I feel like a lawyer. Time to go work on something new...

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Tue, 23. Mar 10, 19:28

Everything of mine can be reused.

But:

1. Must give me thanks. :D

2. Notify me, so I can provide you with any more info. you may need to use...
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Fri, 21. May 10, 06:44

Any mods, models, scripts, textures, shaders, or other files created by myself my be freely used in any work done by others. A simple mention of my name is all I ask in return.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Been with the X-series from the beginning. If it happens in the X_Universe I've been there done that several times over.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Fri, 21. May 10, 12:18

My mods are free to be reused in your scripts/mods as long as you say thank you in your topic and script/mod package. You should also add a refering link.

PS: Not that I made much but still...

-----

this thread could better be stickied for quick reference I believe

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”