All-In Company - have no fear, you've nothing to loose [DiD] (Entry 41 - Death).

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

RyuKazuha
x3tc

All-In Company - have no fear, you've nothing to loose [DiD] (Entry 41 - Death).

Post by RyuKazuha » Sat, 13. Feb 10, 22:41

I just was in the mood to do a more traditional DiD in Log-Style. The start is a slightly differentiated humble merchant, as i skipped the part of selling the disco and just started with the creds in Argon Prime, fits the story better.

Rules:
*Dead is Dead, if it's death by a capital that crashes into my ship at the gate, a may reload.

*No mods, no scripts, vanilla 2.5 TC

*at least one 6-hour-period a in game day, the player-ship has to be piloted via command console to take account of the character sleeping (whether the autopilot is programed to trade or the ship is just floating around is indifferent)

*no repair laser on Capital Ships (M1, M2, M6, M7, M7M)

*more might be imposed by the story later on, make suggestions, if you feel like

Current Goals:
*set up at least 7 Sector Traders (7/7)

*purchase your own TL (1/1)

*recruit and train 20 Marines
- recruited: 24/20
- trained: 15/20

Green Corporation Setup:

Owner:
Jareth Green: Pilot of the Outlaw Star, Owner Manager

Executives:
Karry Keppel: Pilot of the Gula, Senior Executive Manager Green Corp.
Kareen Hang: Pilot of the Aravitia, Executive Manager Jareth's Pleasure

Division Argon Prime:

Hayla Slamer: Pilot of the Superbia, Division Manager
Gil Sahkarna: Pilot of the Luxuria, Trade Operative
Dal Colard: Pilot of the Acedia, Trade Operative

Division PTNI HQ (former Omicron Lyrae):

Yagosias Hanirases Dasinos IX: Pilot of the Invidia II, Division Manager
Mikal Kayean: Pilot of the Caritas, Trade Operative
Leo Gusta: Pilot of the Spes, Trade Operativ
Yahinussios Yahondras Hinotorias V: Pilot of the Abdiel, Trade Operative.

Division Patriarch's Retreat:

Pu t'Snt: Pilote of the Adriel, Division Manager
Fui t'Kt: Pilote of the Adriana, Trade Operative
Ko t'Kt: Pilote of the Ambriel, Trade Operative
Lo t'Snt : Pilote of the Anaelachiem, Trade Operative

Division Seizewell:

Huritis Gobanis Desudras II: Pilot of the Ariel, Division Manager
Gogoeolos Hrasamas Deridos X: Pilot of the Arariel, Trade Operative
Holilo No: Piloteof the Azazel, Trade Operative
Yahondras Wegoras Hoaeos IX: Pilot of the Azrael, Trade Operative
Rurandis Yalamand Yugaras VIII: Pilot of the Barachiel, Trade Operative

Ex-Employees:

Trosulis Yoyunis Yahinussos II: Pilot of the Fides, Trade Operative KIA
Horasumas Hebalisos Gustiasanis VII: Pilot of the Fides III, Trade Operative KIA

Private Log
Jareth Green

[First Entry]
Stardate 768-05-01 00.38
Argon Prime

Well... this my first entry. My name is Jareth Green and I'm piloting the Freighter named "Leyline" father gave to me. This and 30.000 Credits. "Go, make your way." he said and just disappeared as he used to ever since I remember. Mom said he'd work for some kind of great company out in the galaxy, but that isn't an excuse. And mother's dead. What's up with this shit anyways? Father just shows up right AFTER moms funeral and gave me a freighter and more credits than I've ever seen just to fade minutes after. **** that.

Whatever, i took the money and cleaned out moms account, leaving me with 36.588 Credits to make an investment that pays out well. I've overheard some talking, when I picked up the ship from the Equipment Dock, where father left it for me. They said shipping energy from the wall to herrons nebula or Ore Belt would do good, so I think I'll try that. A merchants guide says, average price should be 16 Creds per Unit. Purchase below, sell above. It's an easy rule to follow.
[End Entry]

[Second Entry]
Stardate 768-05-01 00.38
Cloud Base South-East

Woooooooooohoooooooooo! Sorry, slipped. The E-cell-Tip was worth gold! I didn't even had to travel to Ore belt. Some Equipment Factory in Cloudbase SE dumped me in money for my cargo. The guy making the deals also hinted they where low on cahoonas, so i made a run to the trade station and got what i could afford. I made even more profit than with the e-cells.

I returned to the tradestation to get me some tunings for the engine. Took a while, but now i'm off with 25m/s more and a account that scales almost double than it did before. To keep track of my account, i'll add it to the log i think.

Account Balance: 68.850
[End Entry]

[Third Entry]
Stardate 768-05-01 04.46
Herron's Nebula

Looking for opportunities, that are rare on occasion, I strayed into the hole. A terrible mistake first, since i was trapped, with no visuals and my crappy scanner all but useful. However I decided to follow a group of other merchants and made my way to Solar Power Plant, stuffed with e-cells.
When i returned to the gate, i saw a hand full of boron fighters crash into it. I don't know how much booze they had beforehand, but it wasn't healthy. They are all dead. Following the awakening sense of opportunity I picked up half a dozen missiles floating in the debris and returned to Argon Prime.
Obviously the Authorities are quite interested in not having these things flying around. I sold them all and the made me more money than the full load of e-cells. Will have to keep an eye out for this. I think I made more money in a couple of hours, than mother had in her whole life back on Argon Prime. I come to understand father. I little bit at least.

The money gave me the opportunity to buy another upgrade for the engines. With the new booster, the acceleration is doubled.

Account Balance: 95.376
[End Entry]

[Fourth Entry]
Stardate 768-05-01 04.46
Cloudbase South-West

Out for new opportunities, i set course to Elena's Fortune. A quite busy sector, swarming with military, who, as i was told, guard the border gates against the pirates that control Farnhams Legend and Split Fire.
I picked up several more missiles from destroyed pirates and a load of Massom by unknown origin. I don't think pirates sell massom. Maybe a trader got into the crossfire.
My records gave me the information, that i came across a facility that buys that good in Cloudbase South West, so i headed there and sold it for a good amount of cash.
Afterwards, i decided to buy one of these mining devices to crack down some astroids and sell the ore, or whatever happens to come out.

I mined a while, but seriously, that's nothing I'd do for a living, even crashed the Leyline into some of these rocks. No critical damage, but the thruster-upgrade is no more and she got some bad scratches I'd to fix at the trading station.
Oh, yeah, I got the offer to buy a used Mercury for only 22.000 Credits. I'm still not sure what to do with it, but with a little effort and a repair laser, there are a lot of possibilities I've yet to explore. Could sell it for about five times the money, but that may be short sighted. If I keep it, it needs a name.

Account Balance: 66.421
[End Entry]

[Fifth Entry]
769-05-01 09.48
Power Circle

I was able to sell the mining laser along with the ore at Plutarch HQ in Ore Belt. The guy happily bought it for the price i payed at the Equipment Dock. One less wildcat-miner to worry about for them i guess. He also suggested, to go to Home of Light for trader equipment.
I did and purchased some computer upgrades and a Jump Drive. Horribly expensive, with these Credits you could live for a decade down on Argon Prime, and it got be down below my starting money, but if i don't invest them, the creds are worth nothing, so i hope it'll sell out good in the future.
Made some cahoona-runs for the tower-fab in Ringo Moon and explored Three Worlds. A breathtaking view, i really enjoyed it, while crawling for the gate of Power Circle. I need E-Cells to make the Jump Drive work and I intend to sell them to restore my credits. Jumping will speed up things a thousand times.
[End Entry]

Added a rule: Since the Character needs to rest and sleep, every ingame-day there have to be at least six hours where the player ship is operated by the Autopilot. This means: Everything besides actual trading is done through the console. Manually trading is allowed, since there's no difference in making the choice myself before specifying it in a buy/sell-order. Or just doing it the manual way. Also it gives me something to do, since i usually don't sleep, when my character does.

[Sixth Entry]
769-05-01 11.33
Argon Prime
I jumped between Power Circle and Ore Belt a couple of times to trade E-Cells, until the Power Plants refused to sell any more below average price. Changed to Ore and ran it from Power Circle to the Torpedo-Factory in Herron's Nebula.

My Account is once more well balanced and i finally decided to keep the Merc. Right now I'm docked at the EQ back in Argon Prime. The "Nod of Fate" as I named her, needs a paint job and some upgrades to be operational for whatever task I'll find to give her. Also bought a new upgrade for the thrusters.

Until the Nod arrives, I'll roam the station and look for a drink. Maybe I get some hints on where to make easy money.

Account Balance: 95.703
[End Entry]

[Seventh Entry]
769-05-01 12.15
Argon Prime

I'm drunk. Seriously, I had a hard way to find my way back from the bar. Spend a whole lot of credits to celebrate my start up as a trader. This space fuel is serious, now i know why it's forbidden all over the commonwealth. Damn.

Heard about some good opportunity though. Kingdoms End is on the look for miners. Maybe I get some trades there and find i purpose for the Nod. Outfitted her with a bit of software and the 'roid collector I already owned. I ordered the Nod to the Gate in Three Worlds and the Leyline to follow her, since shes a bit faster.

I'll get some rest, filled up to the top I'm worse then the autopilot anyways.

Account Balance: 90.147
[End Entry]

[Eighth Entry]
769-05-01 19.15
Home of Light

My head's still spinning. Looks like i slept for more then seven hours. Unusual for me, but judging my headache, I should have slept a few more hours at best.
Somethings wrong. I am in Home of Light know, but I don't remember I programmed the autopilot or something like that. There are some odd trades logged, Argnus, Space Fuel, E-Cells all sold with a loss. More then 23.000 down from what i noted in the last log. What the hell is going on? Somebody hijacked my ship or something?

I took a look at the Nod and was blown away. Seems i set her to assemble ore within Kingdoms End. Don't remember doing it, but i had planned to. Well, whatever, the ship is loaded with a ore called Nividium. I heard 'bout that before, it something worth so much you can't count your money if you happen to found even a tiny bit. And theres a freaking Mercury filled with it to the top. This ship isn't a nod of fate, it's Fortuna itself... Whatever took these 23.000 from me might keep it. If this is what i think it to be, I'm gonna be rich in no time.

No, there's a hook. There's always some kind of hook in trading... I'll fly over to Plutarchs HQ to see what I can find out about this matter.

Account Balance: 67.046
[End Entry]

[Ninth Entry]
769-05-01 20.28
Ore Belt

It's even bigger than I imagined it to be. Nividium isn't worth a lot, it's worth a thousand times more. One Crate sells for over 16.000 Credits at the HQ. That's the same as a cargo hold of cheap bought E-cells sold for a high price. ONE CRATE. And the Nod just mined 750 Crates of this... that's 12 Million Credits on a freighter that doesn't even have any shields, let alone weapons.

There are two things I know for sure:

1. I found a well of credits on the freaking first day of my career.

2. If I'm not careful, I won't live long enough to spend even a tiny bit of the cash this thingy offers to me.

I need a plan. A way to cover what I've found, at least until I'm able to protect it properly. If I exploit it to fast, I'll just catch the attention of NNMC. After all, they are the unchallenged monopolist concerning Nividium and won't like some green horn trader to take over their business. For the same reason I can't sell it to them, so I'll stick with Plutarch for the moment, selling my findings crate by crate, enough to fund the investments I'll need, but to few to appear on NNMCs radar. At least not for trading Nividium.

[End Entry]

[Tenth Entry]
768-05-02 02.16
Elena's Fortune

There's no such thing like seeing a pirate brigantine wrecking havoc on a station and the sector security. It's as dreadful, as it is exciting to see this leviathan spit fire in all directions at once. As I entered the sector, it just began to open fire at the 1MJ-Shield-Factory (while leaving me alone) an it's protectors. I made my way to the Trade Station to sell a load of Cahoonas and kept an eye on the short range scanner for salvage.
After selling the Cahoonas, I undocked against all warnings and steered to the now destroyed factory to salvage what was left of the destroyed fighters, mainly missiles and e-cells, but also another load of Cahoonas and Quantum Conduits. Above all: Terran missiles, some worth 50.000Creds all by themselves.

Only after jumping in a Cerberus and a Colossus, the sector patrol managed to destroy the brigantine, quite a sight it was. I surprised I'm not disturbed by all of this, but I never was the emotional one to start with. As long as I don't know them, they may live or die without bothering me to much. Well, I made roughly 190.000 Credits by selling the missiles money enough to hide the 64.000 made from selling 4 Crates of Nividium. Also, kept some wasps and a hornet for self defense.

The current short-term goal will be to get enough money to employ half a dozen of pilots for trade purposes. That means I need to make enough money to purchase at least six ships plus equipment. Will keep an eye out for people selling used ships. It's a lot more cost-efficient than buying them full prized at the shipyard.

Account Balance: 322.086
[End Entry]

[Eleventh Entry]
768-05-02 06.55
Cloud Base North-West

I did a little more research on the topic of finding new employees. It seems it'll cost me half a million credits for each ship, to make safe neither the ship nor my money is stolen by the hired pilot. Assuming the price tags from the shipyard I'll have to consider each ship to cost me about 650.000 until it's ready to be used by any employee. Given i wanted seven ships, that'd make roughly 7 Million. Doing business in space sure is costly.
I also get the impression Argon space is way to safe to get your hands on some wreckage sold by its owner. I got some offers on my request, all ships in good shape but with price-tags beyond comprehension. Impertinence peaked in some patrol pilot offering a discoverer variant for 1.2 Million credits.

But I made some big money by shipping missiles from the complex in Cloud Base North West to the Argon Prime Docks. Apparently enough to buy and equip to new mercuries, wich I named "Avaritia" and "Luxuria" for no apparent reason. I don't have the money to enable me to give them to other pilots, but i plan on using them in a way called "MORT" (Manually Operated Remote Trade). I have plenty of time while crawling from gate to gate, and it'll sure be a great help to have other ships moving cargo as well. The Nod of Fate is still docked at Plutarch, with 6 Crates of Nividium already sold. I should move her a bit, if not I'm afraid they will notice all sold crates came from one ship that never undocked. The other possibility is to dock one of the new ships every now and then to suggest they supply the ship with new wares. Maybe the safer method. Argon space is secure, but if I'd scan an unshielded merc with a couple of millions credits in it's cargo hold, I'd gladly take it, even if i was Military. Hell, even a goner would take it.

Account Balance: 157.204
[End Entry]

[Twelfth Entry]
768-05-02 09.28
Argon Prime

Did I say Argon Space is safe? Apparently that was BEFORE a Odysseus alongside a couple of other Paranid Capital Ships jumped right into Argon Prime to mess with the Argon One. First I noticed were several large explosions, so when I left the trade station, there must haven been already some ship who got their share. Dunno how the One survived that kind of attack, but she did, and I'm still busy to sell the salvage I got, another 100.000 Credits in missiles, plus a lot of energy-cells, Cahoona and some Argnu Meat.
I also got a good run concerning used ships. Bought a Discoverer for little above 2.000, a Caiman for 120.000 and my last purchase is a Express-TP for 200.000 wich would even now sell for 444.000 at the shipyard. I'll fix it to maximize the earnings, since it's cargo bay isn't that big and I'm not doing any taxi-services now.
Named the Disco Ira and use it to smuggle space fuel in Herron's Nebula. It only carries 6 crates a time, but with well above 500 Credits profit per crate it brought in it's funds already and if it happens to be shot down, I'll only lose a few Credits. Don't think they'll get it though, it's faster than any of the police-fighters I've seen there.
The Caiman is fixed, named Gula and send to Terra Corp HQ for Equipment. Selling the Express, I'll have enough money to make this one safe an hire a pilot. Will keep the Nividium off business for now.

Permanent Assets:
Mercury: Leyline (PS), Nod of Fate, Avaritia (MORT), Luxuria (MORT)
Discoverer: Ira (MORT)
Caiman: Gula (designated ST)

Account Balance: 163.732

[Thirteenth Entry]
768-05-02 10.10

What a day. I fixed the Express and send it off to the shipyard. Sold for a bit over 600.000 Credits giving me a large boost. Also, an Ares and a Deimos are currently setting Argon Prime on fire. Looks like the Paranid learned something from the first attack, as the ships don't bother with stations or the One and just keep killing everything smaller than themselves.
I don't really no why they ignore me, but I currently have a REALLY good time going out for salvage, since I'm the only trader they don't shoot at. So me breaking the Million Credits right now is all thanks to these bastards. Time to set things up with the Terra Corp an hire my first pilot. We'll have a nice pool of cash to draw from and make it become even more.

Permanent Assets:

Account Balance: 1.004.664
[End Entry]

[Fourteenth Entry]
768-05-02 13.58

Another four hours of hard work that really payed out. Trading used ships really is a market worth exploring. I bought a Vulture for 200.000, fixed it and sold it for the double at the shipyard, then purchased a used mamba for 700.000 and sold it for 900.000. Numbers get big quite easily out here in space.

The Gula is now piloted by my first employee Karry Keppel. He's doin' business around ore belt and I told him to dock at Plutarch and keep an eye on the Nod. He doesn't have a clue why, but I pay good, so he'll do.

The space fuel facs were dried out by some boron addicts, so the Ira will stay docked to the Trade Station in Herron's Nebula for some time. I won't take the risk for minor profits.
Using the Avaritia and the Luxuria to MORT works out well. I relocated the Avaritia to trade Cahoonas from Cloudbase South West up to Cloud Base North West, The Luxuria is most of the time busy shipping E-Cells from The Wall or The Hole to Cloud Base South East.

I accidentally took some kind of assignment to protect a station, and was payed, when the stupid pilot crashed his vessel into the factory. I don't really know why I got payed or why a harrier-flying pirate thought he'd be able to scratch a station, but I think I'll hope for more of those Idiots out there.
Also started to do some requested trades, but the pay off is often beyond my own runs, so I only take them, if they are payed some ten thousand credits or I didn't had any cargo to ship for more than two sectors. Both Conditions barely happen to be met.

None the less, the money keeps growing on my account, as soon as I get my hands on a used freighter, I'll outfit it and hire a second pilot. Two MORT-Traders are enough for the moment on the one hand side, on the other, I don't want to share money I don't have to share, so I won't let these two be operated by other pilots.

Permanent Assets:
Caiman: Gula (ST-Karry Keppel)

Account Balance: 1.441.910

[Fithteenth Entry]
768-05-02 22.40
The Hole

I'm not sure about what happened the last time a got me some sleep, so i parked the Leyline near one of the Power Plants in the Sector instead of docking, before a got to bed. The ship didn't move in the 7 hours I slept and I'm glad it didn't.

A look on my account woke me up pretty fast: 2.256.651 it says. Last thing I noted was about one and a half million, so whatever Keppel did, it brought in even more money.

Unfortunately I couldn't get my hands on a cheap freighter before sleeping, so that is still on the list. Seeing the flow of cash, it's kind of stupid to search for a used vessel instead of just buying one, but I feel like wasting them, if I consider this. 2 Millions in only two days, unbelievable. If money comes in that fast out here, I don't want to know how fast it's gone.
Anyways, I'll leave the setup as it is and head into what is called pirate alley. Not the save way to do things, but it might pay out well, so I'll get myself some better shields and give it a try.

Permanent Assets:

Account Balance: 2.256.651

[Sixteenth Entry]
768-05-03 02.15
Brennan's Triumph

I bought myself 3 25MJ-Shields in Cloud Base SE and jumped to the North Gate of Elena's Fortune. All quite there, no salvage so I turned and passed the gate to Farnham's Legend.
The sector was... quite, to say the least. No trader nor pirate anywhere, just some plankton farms floating through quite space. I continued through the gate to Bala Gi's Joy, another quite sector with some lovely SSPs, where I stocked my hold of E-Cells before passing on to Olmancketslat's Treaty, the first sector on the pirate alley actually filled with pirates. But no hostiles, except for some idiots in M4s trying to bring down the shields of a weapons-factory. I headed straight for the next gate after enjoying the view on a brigantine for some minutes.
Brennan's Triumph was everything than quite, when i first entered and gave me an explanation on why the other Sectors had been so secure. A patrol consisting of a Cerberus, a heavy Centaur and a dozen of Novas was currently busy making a pirate Carrack vanish only a couple of kilometers ahead from the gate. Quite some fireworks.
I watched the battle drifting along and eventually catched some stray fire from one of the capitals. The new shields prove themselves worth the money. With her old 7MJ Outfit, the Leyline would've suffered some severe burnings.
When the battle was over, I salvaged some E-Cells and Missiles and decided to dock at the pirate station halfway between the gates. Unfortunately I had to learn they don't like to buy missiles. Hadn't believed that before... So I sold some of the salvaged Cells and carried on.
Danna's Chance. Now that is what I'd name a pirate sector. As soon as I entered, I saw a freighter taking heavy damage. I steered away from the gate and, once more, waited for the battle to end like a vulture out for carrion. The pirates blasted freighters to hell until the patrol from Brennan's Triumph entered and turned the tides, leaving me to collect spoils from both sides of the conflict.
After that, the road was clear of active pirates up to Aldana Hill, where I decided to engage my Jump Drive once more and jumped back to Bala Gi's Joy. I refueled and jumped to Herron's Nebula, to buy some space fuel, before another jump brought me back to Brennan's Triumph. It won't hurt to keep up good terms with the pirates. Though I don't know why they don't flag me as an enemy. Can't be simple ignorance.

Permanent Assets:

Account Balance: 2.289.061
[End Entry]

[Seventeenth Entry]
768-05-03 09.26
Preacher's Void

My last entry was some hours ago. Can't say the time was running on me, but I was busy to explore Paranid Space "South" of the Argon Core Sectors, after I headed into Split Fire and was caught in the mood. I've avoided Paranid Prime so far, and am not allowed to dock into their core sectors, though they seem not to be aggressive towards me. So far, nobody was aggressive towards me except for some of the pirates that flagged me as prey, but didn't hunt.

More of curiosity and by chance I ended up in Savage Spur. A depressing, yet spectacular sight of dark beauty, that deeply moved me. It made me realize, for the first time in my life I think, that I'm really really small.

However, there was also some action to attend. Yaki Pirates battled with a paranid frigate and where destroyed. Yet another surprise: The Yaki don't see me as prey or enemy, they are as blue as almoast everything I encountered. I somewhat fear the IFF-Settings are hacked to lure me into dangerous territory, and hell, they do. After picking up some more missiles, I started to explore the sectors occupied by Yaki even beyond Senator's Badlands. However, the Factories in Weavers Tempest didn't want me to dock, so I headed back here.

My Account just crossed 3 Millions. Keppel suggest I should invest the money into more Employees soon, but I haven't gotten any good deals for ships. It seems they avoid you, if you count on them. Well, I'm kind of sick of this cockpit. Maybe I'll buy myself a Fighter to explore a bit more, dock the Leyline at Argon Prime and give the Avaritia and the Luxuria to new Employees. I also thought of outfitting the Ira to protect me. The Fuel Income isn't bad, but low compared to the other sources even now. Have some time to think about that on the way home.

Permanent Assets:

Account Balance: 3.021.712

[Eighteenth Entry]
768-05-03 12.32
Argon Prime

This is just a story to be written. After the last entry I overlooked the scanner logs from the last sectors, as I usually do when I've some spare time. I noticed something odd. The Scanners had picked up a fighter in the periphery of a nearby asteroid. I certainly have overlooked it or thought is was a pirate trying to hide from the gravidar of the paranid, something like that. However, in the log of my returning, it was still there, in the same position. I left preachers void to check if the pilot had some problems with the engines and com or something, maybe a virus shut down his computers.
I've yet to find the virus and the pilot. I claimed it, since it was empty and sent a message to its former owner on who took his ship away. As long as I don't get an answer, I'll use it as mine, since I wanted to buy and M4 anyways.
The next ironic play of god met me when I entered Ore Belt. I had finally decided to buy 2 more Freighters and employ four new pilots to bring my business to the next level. GoD seems to like seeing me suffering only to offer me the longed solution after I overcome my first decision and decide to go the other way around. In Ore Belt I was offered the first freighter, 24.000 Credits for a torn up mercury. Took me half an hour to fix it, but I had a new freighter now named Superbia.
I send it to Terra Corp for equipment and made my way to Argon Prime to Dock the Leyline and change ships to my new Aquisition, I gave it the name Invidia. In com reach of the Shipyard a guy working there forwarded me not only one, but two suggestions for sales worth looking at. Well, how do I put it... first was a merc, even more messed up than the one from Ore Belt, the second was a, yes, a !MAGNETAR! for round about 35.000 each. Took me another hour and a half to repair them, before I send the Acedia to Terra Corp and docked my new TM (I decided to keep the name she already has as "Outlaw Star" sounds kick-ass) at the Equipmentdock for outfit.
They even had 4 200MJ Shields in stock, so I bought the two needed and 4 PRGs for self defense. Ira and Invidia also got equipped. Invidia with 4 PACs, the Ira with one IRE that came with the Acedia. She won't need any more, since I plan to use her only as a scout. The Invidia will take the part of fighting if needed.

Now for my old and new employees:

Karry Keppel piloting the Gula was reassigned to trade in all of Argon Core Space, wich generally means up to three sectors away from Argon Prime.

Hayla Slamer was given the Superbia and ordered to make money in Circle of Energy.

Gil Sahkarna got the Luxuria to keep up our business in Ore Belt.

Kareen Hang was given the Aravitia to trade within Herron's Nebula.

Dal Colard is operating the Acedia in Home of Light.

I'll see the results soon, all these investments seriously dropped my hard earned funds, but now the fun should kick in. I'll leave Karry in charge for the new guys and head out to explore some new markets for us.

Permanent Assets:
Magnetar: Outlaw Star (PS)
Mercury: Leyline (D-AP-EQ), Nod of Fate (D-HoL-THQ), Avaritia (ST-Kareen Hang), Luxuria (ST-Gil Sahkarna), Superbia (ST-Hayla Slamer), Acedia (ST-Dal Colard)
Discoverer: Ira (D-Outlaw Star)
Pericles: Invidia (D-Outlaw Star)

Account Balance: 905.710

[Nineteenth Entry]
768-05-03 17.52
Legend's Home

"Pirate Alley" has died out, at least it's pirates did. The station in Brennan's Triumph has vanished and I haven't seen a single pirate Ship on the whole way from Bala Gi's Joy down to Aldana Hill. Don't know what they're doing, but things don't look good for them.

I took my time today to explore the new Colonies we made after the Xenon-Wars. Akeela's Beacon, Light of Heart, Montalaar, all in all calm and beautiful places to go. I found another empty ship in Akeela's and noticed something odd: It's original Owner-ID was the same as the one of the Perseus I found earlier. There's either a pilot who likes to leave his ships behind, or someone placed them on purpose. If, than the question arising is: What purpose?

I also did some exploring in the new Boron Territories and some of the Teladi Sectors around here. I was offered a Dolphin Super Freighter in average condition for only a bit over 200.000, bought it and polished it. It'll sell for a good price, if I decide to sell it. If not, I'll have to get a JD down here to get it to Terra Corp for equipment.

By the way: 16 Crates of Nividium are sold until this very moment. So far nobody noticed and Karry did a good job on "resupplying" it. And while speaking of Carry, contacted him about an hour ago and he said the new ones would progress very good. Seems I've a hand for picking personnel.

The Outlaw Star is a magnificent ship and quite useful for taking on Salvage Missions. It seems a lot of people leave their ships behind only to pay me for their recovery. Well, I won't complain.

Not sure what to do with the Buster i found in Akeela's Beacon, think I'll keep it around for now unnamed until I make my decision.

Permanent Assets:
Mercury: Leyline (D-AP-EQ), Nod of Fate (D-OB-PHQ), Avaritia (ST-Kareen Hang), Luxuria (ST-Gil Sahkarna), Superbia (ST-Hayla Slamer), Acedia (ST-Dal Colard)

Account Balance: 1.302.954

[Twentieth Entry]
Interworlds
768-05-04 10.46

The Outlaw Star is back in Argon Territory, after hours of exploring the paranid sectors. A lot of things happened, while it was an over all quite journey wich I really enjoyed. It's great to be able to just jump into one of the fighters and hit the gas. After some experimenting I usually set the Star to fly to the other side while I explored in the Ira or the Invidia.

The biggest issue I had to solve was the derelict ship I kept finding. They all share the same owner ID but any messages to this ID left me without a response. I decided to leave some of my findings on a paranid shipyard to be sold if there isn't any message within three days. Most of them where located in or near Paranid Space, so I'll assume the owner operated within that area. Will see. Some kind of Voice keeps reminding me to have a look at the Leyline, as if I missed to realize something my subconsciousness noticed. For the moment I've other business to take care of. Our Argon relations are good and I was able to make some progress with the paranid so that we can expand our business into their territory. I'm also on good terms with the Teladi now. I'll talk to Karry about sending him into this part of the commonwealth and let someone other take his place back in the core sectors. I need someone i can trust out here. I'll also have to sort out things about what of the new assets to keep and wich to sell. It's somewhat complicated and my head feels like jelly. I should get me some rest a pint of beer and maybe a woman at the local bar.

Permanent Assets:
Mercury: Leyline (D-AP-EQ), Nod of Fate (D-OB-PHQ), Avaritia (ST-Kareen Hang), Luxuria (ST-Gil Sahkarna), Superbia (ST-Hayla Slamer), Acedia (ST-Dal Colard)

Account Balance: 4.974.561

[21st Entry]
768-05-04 14.40
Nyana's Hideout

Despite of my plans about going to a bar, the last 3 hours I were busy managing my little business. After a pint i decided to return to the Outlaw Star and set course for Omicron Lyrae to meet up with Karry.

He awaited me at the Trade Station, when I docked and we had some talk over how to handle things. He also brought some silicon wafers with him, that I promised some Goner in Elysium of Light. The Goner are religious freaks, but they are on good terms with everyone and make them my friends may give me some opportunities.

For what i discussed with Karry:
Kareen Hang currently in Charge of the Avaritia, will take over the business in the core sectors. She's the best among the new guys and well suited to handle things there.
Karry will take on business around here, build up some relations with the Teladi and keep and eye open for pilots native to these sectors. If we want to expand here, we need some guys who know whats going on. As soon as things are starting to go their way here, Karry will travel deeper into Teladi territory and set us up there.

He also helped me to decide about what to do with the fighters. Keep a long story short, I set most of them for sale and only kept the Ira and an Advanced Perseus I found. It's fast and well shielded, an appropriate tool of defense. The Iras superior speed was reason enough to keep her around for now.

I purchased a Mercury Hauler Variant, used, average condition for 200.000 and named it Invidia II in favor of the now sold fighter. I'll transport her back to Argon Core Space for use in Ore Belt, once I delivered the needed shiploads for the goner. The great freight volume will come in handy in ore-transports.
The dolphin super freighter was sold, it's not of much use to our operation in any way.

The "Green Corporation" is now well set up and deploys enough funds to take greater goals into account, in this case, the purchase of a TL-Class Mammoth or, if we get the connections set up, even an Albatross. 70 Millions that is. It's a huge investment and Karry vowed for setting up some factories first, but I don't plan on wasting money to hired crews. If they screw up, my money and my station is gone. If I screw up, it's something completely different. Karry just smiled faintly saying "You're the boss." and he's right, I am.

I'm currently heading for the local trade station. Will dock and see what the station offers me. The Star is currently back in Argon Prime to get another Jump Drive for the Invidia II. No reason to be there in person, so I'll enjoy the local culture.

20 Crates of Nividium now sold.

Permanent Assets:
Mercury: Leyline (D-AP-EQ), Nod of Fate (D-OB-PLHQ), Avaritia (ST-Kareen Hang), Luxuria (ST-Gil Sahkarna), Superbia (ST-Hayla Slamer), Acedia (ST-Dal Colard), Invidia II (D-OL-TS)
Perseus: Temperantia (D-Outlaw Star)

Account Balance: 8.980.667

[22nd Entry]
768-05-04 16.20
Nyana's Hideout

The last hours changed things. Changed me, somehow. I sat in the bar, looking at the news channel they had on screen, X-News-Net or something like that, I dunno. Doesn't care about it either. What's important is, that I met a girl. No, not correct, a woman. THE woman.

Her body was like that it just turned twenty or something like that. Neither a bud anymore, nor a fully flourished cherry blossom yet. A ladyfied girl as much as a girlish lady.
Her taint bright like porcelain, while the hair was darker than black and her eyes coruscating like emeralds with a gaze sharp like a razors edge. She glanced at me just for a brief moment, even long enough for me to notice and made me admire her strength and beauty with out even raising her voice.

I can't really express what I felt about seeing her in words, it was like... like entering Savage Spur but a thousand times more intense. A beauty so amazing that it intimidates you up on sight while drawing you near itself at the same time.

When I came back to my senses, she was gone. But the bartender assured me, she was indeed not a hallucination nor a dream figure. Her real name is apparently Cora Black, but she is called by many names throughout this part of the galaxy, Black Mamba being the most popular, given to her by the Split. The boron call her Deep Trench, even Paranid seem to admire her as much as they fear her, referring to this woman in a way that roughly translates to Tainted Nova. A common, yet not really creative name used by the humans would be Kuro no Sakura, the "Black Cherry Blossom".
She's what people around here refer to as a contractor. In proper Argon language that would be everything covered by the words of gumshoe, bodyguard, mercenary, bounty hunter and assassin. Once a contract is set, a contractor pleads himself to obey it until all conditions are met, making them way more reliable than normal guns for hire, and way more expensive.

That look she gave me... somethings keeps telling me I'll see her again. Well, to be honest, every fiber of my existence longs for seeing her again. At the moment only one thing is certain to me. If I'd choose how to die, I'd want her to be the means and reason.

[23rd Entry]
768-05-04 22.22
Scale Plate Green

Not a long sleep today, only about five hours before Karry woke me up. One of the freighters he purchased was missing. He accused himself a fair bit of picking a thug and so, but I just told him to calm down and decided to take a look at it on my own. If someone takes my ships away, I've to make sure he regrets it.

Upon entering the system, the reason for the sudden disappearance of our ship became glass clear. A Xenon PX with associated fighters was one patrol in the system, scrapping every freighter it could it's hands on. With a fair bit of concerns, I set the Outlaw Star to follow the Xenon and reasonable range. They had for the Gate to scale plate green, where suddenly a heavy centaur pops up. Not one of the shiny polished ones you see sometimes docking in Argon Prime, but a really beaten up one. Looks like this one wasn't the only patrol around.
The PX engages the Centaur on sight with it's fighters swarming. While the PX is in better state, the Argon are obviously better armed and take the PX down, before the Ls, Ms and Ns shook of the three novas that guarded the Centaur and pushed it down the cliff.
The Patrol has won, but they dont reorganize properly, resulting in the whole group being scattered all over the space between me and the gate.
Good thing I've some Moskitos in stock. Now they will pay for my freighter, double, triple, something like that.
I droped the fighters and launched a missile a the last ship in the now broken formation. It recognizes me as a thread and breaks the little rest of what was a formation down bey going after the Star. 400k Shield will do to take some fire from the M, before setting the fighters to attack it. I loose some percent on the shields, but Ira and Temperantia quickly deal with the problem, allowing me to catch the attention of the next target.

4 of 8 Xenon Fighters get scrapped by my ships, before the others get past the gate. I followed them, to see there were headed, bit the only thing I found on the other side was some debris. Mission Complete I guess. However this incident had me thinking. This isn't core space, unshielded ships won't survive long, if i don't set up some defences. Karry already got some new guys running trips down here.

Permanent Assets:
Mercury: Leyline (D-AP-EQ), Nod of Fate (D-OB-PLHQ), Avaritia (ST-Kareen Hang), Luxuria (ST-Gil Sahkarna), Superbia (ST-Hayla Slamer), Acedia (ST-Dal Colard), Invidia II (D-OL-TS) Spes (ST-Leo Guste), Caritas (ST-Mikal Kayean), Fides (ST-Trosulis Yoyunis Yahinussos II)

Account Balance: 10.085.765

I revised some of my earlier decisions about how to handle things. Karry informed me about a serious lack of Nostrop in the area of PTNI HQ and recommended some trade runs off-schedule for maximized income. When I visited the system myself I had a better idea. The Nostrop facilities in Scale Plate Green are in constant danger of Xenon-Attacks and supply is indeed short.
I made some deals with the local authorities who allowed me to build my own stations in the sector, if I held them with some of their projects. Upon looking on the plans I found myself with a greedy grin. What they wanted me to build where in short two more Nostrop customers in PTNI and two Crystal Fabs, one in PTNI, the other in Scale Plate Green.
Against my former plans I hired a local captains ship and crew and deployed the facilities as ordered, before starting the construction of what is now called the "Green Corporation Nostrop Centre". At the moment the complex only contains a Nostrop Refinery and a Solar Power Plant, but I've already been contracted to develop the local economy further. The best thing about all of this though, is the security provided for free by the NNMC patrol ships in the sector.

I'll see to arrange some more contracts for Crystal Fabs. The local stations need the supply as well as I do, and every crystal fab is a nostrop customer in return. However, I wouldn't want to run one on my own, it's a pain getting enough silicon here while still making profits, so I'll let this part to the Teladi and just buy the crystals. It means less profits, but a smaller gain isn't a loss. That's something these lizards will never learn and I count on it.

"Project Leviathan" however, the acquisition of my own TL is not off the stove. I just had to act on the opportunity there. While the fabs run in their costs, I'll keep myself busy with old fashioned business. Second Hand Trade of Ships still makes good profits and allows me to stock the Nostrop Center with Freighters, salvage Missions are a piece of cake and jumping in the Ira to scan some 'roids kills time when there's nothing else to do.

Last but not least: Now that I've my own station, I moved the Leyline to it. She'll be safe and docked their until I need her. The Trade Stations Argon Prime and Omicron Lyrae will be continued to serve as base of operations for their respective divisions. I'll replace the Fides as soon as I get hands on another mercury.

Karry will act as the leader of Omicron Division and Manager of the GCNC until we find a replacement for his duty in the Division. For now I've to find someone who knows the Teladi better than any human. Someone I can trust and who is able to help me set up a division deeper in Teladi Space.

[Permanent Assets]
Ships:
Mercury: Leyline (D-PTNIHQ-GCNC), Nod of Fate (D-OB-PLHQ), Avaritia (ST-Kareen Hang), Luxuria (ST-Gil Sahkarna), Superbia (ST-Hayla Slamer), Acedia (ST-Dal Colard), Invidia II (D-OL-TS) Spes (ST-Leo Guste), Caritas (ST-Mikal Kayean)
Vulture: GCNC Alpha, GCNC Beta

Stations:
Green Corporation Nostrop Center (Funds: 500.000 Ships: 2)

Account Balance: 8.261.227

[25th Entry]
768-05-05 10.40
PTNI HQ

I think the Xenon have some Issues with the name of "Fides". In other words: today I lost another freighter, the Fides II, meant as replacement for the Fides destroyed by that PX-Patrol. This time it was a Q in Scale Plate Green and I reached the sector right in time to see my ship get blown up. These damn Xenon.

I think I lost my temper out there. The fraction of a second later I was sitting in the Temperantia making my way to the Q at 210m/s and loading my guns. 2 PAC and 2 PBE. I was well aware I had no real guns to use against it and I was never trained as a fighter pilot, but I had the spirit, and the spirit told me: If you have few, you better make it count.

First I loaded the PBEs since I knew, they pack the hell of a punch to the shields, way more than the PACs would, so giving them the maximum of energy would be good. When I arrived, the Q was busy setting a weapons dealer in flames, what allowed me to make a point with my first volley. Guns blazing I attacked from the side, evading the green lances of the enemies defensive HEPT-Turrets. A quick glance gave me the direction for the next assault: no upper turret and a lot of space there.

The fight kept going on several minutes, after my second volley, it had finished the Trader and was after me now, but I steered, straved and utilized my booster like a full blooded combat pilot to keep it from getting a lock on me. The occasional HEPT lance when I was to slow evading where absorbed by the shields.
Eventually I got the help of a bypassing pirate ship, armed with these plasma-flamethrowers I don't know the name of. A nova, considerably less fast than I was. I'd lowered the shields to about 1 percent, and we decided to work together. I was in charge of keeping the guy distracted and he'd flame it the bad way.
Another two or three minutes later the Q was a goner. I wasn't payed for the wreck, but I didn't did it for money or glory, I just had to do it for revenge, revenge for my dear little freighters and for Trosulis.

Meanwhile, the Nostrop Center is bringing in a huge amount of credits together with the new guys of the Omicron Lyrae Division. I also got to purchase and sell a Nova Raider, profit near 500.000.

[Permanent Assets]
Ships:
Mercury: Leyline (D-PTNIHQ-GCNC), Nod of Fate (D-OB-PLHQ), Avaritia (ST-Kareen Hang), Luxuria (ST-Gil Sahkarna), Superbia (ST-Hayla Slamer), Acedia (ST-Dal Colard), Invidia II (D-OL-TS) Spes (ST-Leo Guste), Caritas (ST-Mikal Kayean)

Stations:

Account Balance: 12.269.310

[26th Entry]
768-05-05 20.36
PTNI HQ

The times between my Entries seems to rise. It's mostly because I've less time to record them, since I'm busy with the administration of our new assets.

Karry added two new Pilots to his Division, first Yagosias Hanirases Dasinos IX who will operate the Invidia II in Profit Center Alpha and second Horasumas Hebalisos Gustiasanis VII assigned to the Fides III currently positioned in PTNI Headquarters to be safe from Xenon-Attacks.

GCNC is doing fine, in fact, we've a good surplus of E-Cells I don't cell them though, since I wasn't able to lift the Crystal-Production in the nearby sectors jet. However I was able to... delay plans for another Nostrop Refinery in the Area. Had to chancel the suggestions some for other assignments as well, since I hadn't the funds, the notoriety or the means to get materials over here from Ianamus Zura. With my own TL half of them wouldn't be a problem at all, but for now I'm stuck.

So I turned to some other assignments for the time being. Got a lucky Taxi-Mission, two persons from the local Shipyard to the Scale Plate Green Crystal Fab for 3.3 Million, quite a payout for no work. Than a Mission to retrieve a Express from New Income, 2.5 Million, another easy money-thing.

I also started cooperations with the Goner. They've heard of my reliability in the construction sector and wanted me to help them build up their Temple. Simple and well payed jobs all the time.

The market for local ships however has been dried out for the last couple of hours. The best selling purchase was a Harrier Hauler.

I'm going to sleep now, I've been awake way to long.

[Permanent Assets]
Ships:
Mercury: Leyline (D-PTNIHQ-GCNC), Nod of Fate (D-OB-PLHQ), Avaritia (ST-Kareen Hang), Luxuria (ST-Gil Sahkarna), Superbia (ST-Hayla Slamer), Acedia (ST-Dal Colard), Invidia II (ST-Yagosias Hanirases Dasinos IX), Spes (ST-Leo Guste), Caritas (ST-Mikal Kayean)
Vulture: GCNC Alpha, GCNC Beta, Fides III (Horasumas Hebalisos Gustiasanis VII)

Stations:
-GCNC Solar Power Plant L
-GCNC Nostrop Refinery L

Account Balance: 23.250.922

[27th Entry]
768-05-06 07.39
Argon Prime

I finally made it, project Leviathan was a success and right now I finish outfitting this beast of a Freighter at the Argon Prime Equipment Dock. When I woke up about three hours ago, there was still a gap to close to the thirty million I aimed for before purchasing this ship.
But fortunately my Teladi Friends really like to build factories over and over, so I got two more buildings contracts with about 2 Million profit each an now it's done.

I also somehow lost GCNC Beta and had to replace it. While on it, I also purchased another used Vulture to aquire crystals for the Powerplant. Now that I have the Leviathan, I'll need a hell lot more e-cells to jump it.

I think about adding my own flower farms for safer supply, but right now the farms in Scale Plate Green do just fine supplying me, so it won't be necessary to rush the decision. I'll also need to consider a defensive wing for my new asset. She's some turrets, but that won't be enough. Maybe some falcon haulers. They're well shielded and will help load freight onto the ship. I'll also have the Outlaw Star around once this ship is fully operational. Next I'll need some crew, flying this thing with the AI is a pain and while I'm somewhat able to patch a fighter or a small freighter, I don't know how to maintain such a huge ship in excellent condition.

The GC Leviathan is now our official flag ship, for the moment, I just want to sit back and enjoy the moment and dream of this woman...

And maybe drop by to see what the Goners want me to do, I smell an easy penny.

[Permanent Assets]
Ships:
Albatross: GC Leviathan (PS)
Magnetar: Outlaw Star (D-PTNIHQ-GCNC)
Mercury: Leyline (D-PTNIHQ-GCNC), Nod of Fate (D-OB-PLHQ), Avaritia (ST-Kareen Hang), Luxuria (ST-Gil Sahkarna), Superbia (ST-Hayla Slamer), Acedia (ST-Dal Colard), Invidia II (ST-Yagosias Hanirases Dasinos IX), Spes (ST-Leo Guste), Caritas (ST-Mikal Kayean)
Vulture: GCNC Alpha, GCNC Beta, GCNC Gamma, Fides III (Horasumas Hebalisos Gustiasanis VII)

Stations:
Green Corporation Nostrop Center (Funds: 500.000 Ships: 3)
-GCNC Nostrop Refinery L

Account Balance: 2.051.186

[28th Entry]
768-05-06 11.23
PTNI-HQ

Hours of construction lie behind me. After a got some rest, PTNI-Head Quarters turned in about half a dozen of different constructions assignments.
I trashed the Idea of building a Nostrop Refinery for my scaled Friends once more and promised them to build one on my costs to sell them more Oil. However, the two M-sized Flower Farms where build right to plan, one in Scale Plate Green, another in Profit Center Alpha, wich means a safe supply of flowers even if the Xenon decide to level Scale Plate Green in a full sized attack.

After I used the Leyline as Command Ship to scout the way for the Leviathan (you really don't want someone to be within vicinity of the gate when this beast jumps in), I'm know back on the Outlaw Star and the Leyline is safely docked once more at GCNC.
The Leviathan is currently drifting near the South Gate of Profit Center Alpha, as I don't want her in a crowded sector like PTNI without purpose.

At the moment what I need is a crew to run her properly. I'm able to direct her via remote control, but I'll need at least 5 to 10 professionals to ensure maintenance and a maximum of efficiency. Maybe I should intensify my cooperation with the nearby mercenary base to find someone reliable. Maybe even some contractors. They are told to be scarce and expensive, but money is meant to be invested and I already have plenty again.

[Permanent Assets]
Ships:
Albatross: GC Leviathan (PS)
Magnetar: Outlaw Star (D-PTNIHQ-GCNC)
Vulture: GCNC Alpha, GCNC Beta, Fides III (Horasumas Hebalisos Gustiasanis VII)

Stations:
Green Corporation Nostrop Center (Funds: 500.000 Ships: 3)
-GCNC Nostrop Refinery L

Account Balance: 13.284.428
Last edited by RyuKazuha on Sat, 6. Mar 10, 21:00, edited 51 times in total.

Rednoahl
x4

Post by Rednoahl » Sun, 14. Feb 10, 12:20

I like the layout a lot. I hope your version goes better than my attempt at the humble merchant start did.

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Sun, 14. Feb 10, 16:00

Thanks. I'll do my best to keep it up and running.

Private Log
Jareth Gren

[Fifth Entry]
769-05-01 09.48
Power Circle

I was able to sell the mining laser along with the ore at Plutarch HQ in Ore Belt. The guy happily bought it for the price i payed at the Equipment Dock. One less wildcat-miner to worry about for them i guess. He also suggested, to go to Home of Light for trader equipment.
I did and purchased some computer upgrades and a Jump Drive. Horribly expensive, with these Credits you could live for a decade down on Argon Prime, and it got be down below my starting money, but if i don't invest them, the creds are worth nothing, so i hope it'll sell out good in the future.
Made some cahoona-runs for the tower-fab in Ringo Moon and explored Three Worlds. A breathtaking view, i really enjoyed it, while crawling for the gate of Power Circle. I need E-Cells to make the Jump Drive work and I intend to sell them to restore my credits. Jumping will speed up things a thousand times.
[End Entry]

Added a rule: Since the Character needs to rest and sleep, every ingame-day there have to be at least six hours where the player ship is operated by the Autopilot. This means: Everything besides actual trading is done through the console. Manually trading is allowed, since there's no difference in making the choice myself before specifying it in a buy/sell-order. Or just doing it the manual way. Also it gives me something to do, since i usually don't sleep, when my character does.

[Sixth Entry]
769-05-01 11.33
Argon Prime
I jumped between Power Circle and Ore Belt a couple of times to trade E-Cells, until the Power Plants refused to sell any more below average price. Changed to Ore and ran it from Power Circle to the Torpedo-Factory in Herron's Nebula.

My Account is once more well balanced and i finally decided to keep the Merc. Right now I'm docked at the EQ back in Argon Prime. The "Nod of Fate" as I named her, needs a paint job and some upgrades to be operational for whatever task I'll find to give her. Also bought a new upgrade for the thrusters.

Until the Nod arrives, I'll roam the station and look for a drink. Maybe I get some hints on where to make easy money.

Account Balance: 95.703
[End Entry]

[Seventh Entry]
769-05-01 12.15
Argon Prime

I'm drunk. Seriously, I had a hard way to find my way back from the bar. Spend a whole lot of credits to celebrate my start up as a trader. This space fuel is serious, now i know why it's forbidden all over the commonwealth. Damn.

Heard about some good opportunity though. Kingdoms End is on the look for miners. Maybe I get some trades there and find i purpose for the Nod. Outfitted her with a bit of software and the 'roid collector I already owned. I ordered the Nod to the Gate in Three Worlds and the Leyline to follow her, since shes a bit faster.

I'll get some rest, filled up to the top I'm worse then the autopilot anyways.

Account Balance: 90.147
[End Entry]

[Eighth Entry]
769-05-01 19.15
Home of Light

My head's still spinning. Looks like i slept for more then seven hours. Unusual for me, but judging my headache, I should have slept a few more hours at best.
Somethings wrong. I am in Home of Light know, but I don't remember I programmed the autopilot or something like that. There are some odd trades logged, Argnus, Space Fuel, E-Cells all sold with a loss. More then 23.000 down from what i noted in the last log. What the hell is going on? Somebody hijacked my ship or something?

I took a look at the Nod and was blown away. Seems i set her to assemble ore within Kingdoms End. Don't remember doing it, but i had planned to. Well, whatever, the ship is loaded with a ore called Nividium. I heard 'bout that before, it something worth so much you can't count your money if you happen to found even a tiny bit. And theres a freaking Mercury filled with it to the top. This ship isn't a nod of fate, it's Fortuna itself... Whatever took these 23.000 from me might keep it. If this is what i think it to be, I'm gonna be rich in no time.

No, there's a hook. There's always some kind of hook in trading... I'll fly over to Plutarchs HQ to see what I can find out about this matter.

Account Balance: 67.046
[End Entry]

[Ninth Entry]
769-05-01 20.28
Ore Belt

It's even bigger than I imagined it to be. Nividium isn't worth a lot, it's worth a thousand times more. One Crate sells for over 16.000 Credits at the HQ. That's the same as a cargo hold of cheap bought E-cells sold for a high price. ONE CRATE. And the Nod just mined 750 Crates of this... that's 12 Million Credits on a freighter that doesn't even have any shields, let alone weapons.

There are two things I know for sure:

1. I found a well of credits on the freaking first day of my career.

2. If I'm not careful, I won't live long enough to spend even a tiny bit of the cash this thingy offers to me.

I need a plan. A way to cover what I've found, at least until I'm able to protect it properly. If I exploit it to fast, I'll just catch the attention of NNMC. After all, they are the unchallenged monopolist concerning Nividium and won't like some green horn trader to take over their business. For the same reason I can't sell it to them, so I'll stick with Plutarch for the moment, selling my findings crate by crate, enough to fund the investments I'll need, but to few to appear on NNMCs radar. At least not for trading Nividium.

[End Entry]
Last edited by RyuKazuha on Mon, 15. Feb 10, 00:22, edited 5 times in total.

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Mon, 15. Feb 10, 00:45

Okay, the story begins to unfold itself, i decided to update the first post, so that one can read the whole story as far as it was written in one go. I'll still post them separate for those who like to read it "in progress" and discuss it.

The Entries until now could be viewed as a prologue, since the actual storyline I had in mind for this game has just taken her first step in Entry Nine.

Prologue Summary:

Argon Citizen Jareth Green meets his father after his mothers funeral and is given 30.000 Credits and a old Mercury-Freighter named "Leyline" to make a living. Afterwards, his father vanishes as he usually does, leaving Jareth behind.
Our hero finds himself a bit overwhelmed, but he has basic knowledge about trading and some funds to start the fun. Occasionally he is offered to buy another wrecked freighter and follows his instincts by doing so.
The Freighter, now namend "Nod of Fate", is equipped to collect ore and send to kingdoms end to collect, where it proves itself worth its name: Looking after his possession, he finds the cargo hold filled with 750 Units of Nividium, worth 12.000.000 Credits. However, he knows he can't just exploit this dwell of fortune, without getting the attention of NNMC and other envier, so he decides to cover his find and build up a trade company, to be able to make money of his discovery.

Snowship
x3tc

Post by Snowship » Mon, 15. Feb 10, 08:17

liking it so far. esp not exploiting the Nivid windfall :wink:
[ external image ]
Vanilla Malt Gamestarts
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire"

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Mon, 15. Feb 10, 16:17

Thanks. Exploiting Nividium is tempting, but wouldn't be fun in this set up. After all, not being able to just sell it by shiploads gives Jareth a reason to base is Empire on actual work. :P

Well... here comes todays first load of entries. After the boring start, things get rolling in a way I'd not imagined. Have to love the game for that. <3

There's no such thing like seeing a pirate brigantine wrecking havoc on a station and the sector security. It's as dreadful, as it is exciting to see this leviathan spit fire in all directions at once. As I entered the sector, it just began to open fire at the 1MJ-Shield-Factory (while leaving me alone) an it's protectors. I made my way to the Trade Station to sell a load of Cahoonas and kept an eye on the short range scanner for salvage.
After selling the Cahoonas, I undocked against all warnings and steered to the now destroyed factory to salvage what was left of the destroyed fighters, mainly missiles and e-cells, but also another load of Cahoonas and Quantum Conduits. Above all: Terran missiles, some worth 50.000Creds all by themselves.

Only after jumping in a Cerberus and a Colossus, the sector patrol managed to destroy the brigantine, quite a sight it was. I surprised I'm not disturbed by all of this, but I never was the emotional one to start with. As long as I don't know them, they may live or die without bothering me to much. Well, I made roughly 190.000 Credits by selling the missiles money enough to hide the 64.000 made from selling 4 Crates of Nividium. Also, kept some wasps and a hornet for self defense.

The current short-term goal will be to get enough money to employ half a dozen of pilots for trade purposes. That means I need to make enough money to purchase at least six ships plus equipment. Will keep an eye out for people selling used ships. It's a lot more cost-efficient than buying them full prized at the shipyard.

Account Balance: 322.086
[End Entry]

[Eleventh Entry]
768-05-02 06.55
Cloud Base North-West

I did a little more research on the topic of finding new employees. It seems it'll cost me half a million credits for each ship, to make safe neither the ship nor my money is stolen by the hired pilot. Assuming the price tags from the shipyard I'll have to consider each ship to cost me about 650.000 until it's ready to be used by any employee. Given i wanted seven ships, that'd make roughly 7 Million. Doing business in space sure is costly.
I also get the impression Argon space is way to safe to get your hands on some wreckage sold by its owner. I got some offers on my request, all ships in good shape but with price-tags beyond comprehension. Impertinence peaked in some patrol pilot offering a discoverer variant for 1.2 Million credits.

But I made some big money by shipping missiles from the complex in Cloud Base North West to the Argon Prime Docks. Apparently enough to buy and equip to new mercuries, wich I named "Avaritia" and "Luxuria" for no apparent reason. I don't have the money to enable me to give them to other pilots, but i plan on using them in a way called "MORT" (Manually Operated Remote Trade). I have plenty of time while crawling from gate to gate, and it'll sure be a great help to have other ships moving cargo as well. The Nod of Fate is still docked at Plutarch, with 6 Crates of Nividium already sold. I should move her a bit, if not I'm afraid they will notice all sold crates came from one ship that never undocked. The other possibility is to dock one of the new ships every now and then to suggest they supply the ship with new wares. Maybe the safer method. Argon space is secure, but if I'd scan an unshielded merc with a couple of millions credits in it's cargo hold, I'd gladly take it, even if i was Military. Hell, even a goner would take it.

Account Balance: 157.204
[End Entry]

[Twelfth Entry]
768-05-02 09.28
Argon Prime

Did I say Argon Space is safe? Apparently that was BEFORE a Odysseus alongside a couple of other Paranid Capital Ships jumped right into Argon Prime to mess with the Argon One. First I noticed were several large explosions, so when I left the trade station, there must haven been already some ship who got their share. Dunno how the One survived that kind of attack, but she did, and I'm still busy to sell the salvage I got, another 100.000 Credits in missiles, plus a lot of energy-cells, Cahoona and some Argnu Meat.
I also got a good run concerning used ships. Bought a Discoverer for little above 2.000, a Caiman for 120.000 and my last purchase is a Express-TP for 200.000 wich would even now sell for 444.000 at the shipyard. I'll fix it to maximize the earnings, since it's cargo bay isn't that big and I'm not doing any taxi-services now.
Named the Disco Ira and use it to smuggle space fuel in Herron's Nebula. It only carries 6 crates a time, but with well above 500 Credits profit per crate it brought in it's funds already and if it happens to be shot down, I'll only lose a few Credits. Don't think they'll get it though, it's faster than any of the police-fighters I've seen there.
The Caiman is fixed, named Gula and send to Terra Corp HQ for Equipment. Selling the Express, I'll have enough money to make this one safe an hire a pilot. Will keep the Nividium off business for now.

Permanent Assets:

Account Balance: 163.732

[Thirteenth Entry]
768-05-02 10.10

What a day. I fixed the Express and send it off to the shipyard. Sold for a bit over 600.000 Credits giving me a large boost. Also, an Ares and a Deimos are currently setting Argon Prime on fire. Looks like the Paranid learned something from the first attack, as the ships don't bother with stations or the One and just keep killing everything smaller than themselves.
I don't really no why they ignore me, but I currently have a REALLY good time going out for salvage, since I'm the only trader they don't shoot at. So me breaking the Million Credits right now is all thanks to these bastards. Time to set things up with the Terra Corp an hire my first pilot. We'll have a nice pool of cash to draw from and make it become even more.

Permanent Assets:

Account Balance: 1.004.664
[End Entry]

[Fourteenth Entry]
768-05-02 13.58

Another four hours of hard work that really payed out. Trading used ships really is a market worth exploring. I bought a Vulture for 200.000, fixed it and sold it for the double at the shipyard, then purchased a used mamba for 700.000 and sold it for 900.000. Numbers get big quite easily out here in space.

The Gula is now piloted by my first employee Karry Keppel. He's doin' business around ore belt and I told him to dock at Plutarch and keep an eye on the Nod. He doesn't have a clue why, but I pay good, so he'll do.

The space fuel facs were dried out by some boron addicts, so the Ira will stay docked to the Trade Station in Herron's Nebula for some time. I won't take the risk for minor profits.
Using the Avaritia and the Luxuria to MORT works out well. I relocated the Avaritia to trade Cahoonas from Cloudbase South West up to Cloud Base North West, The Luxuria is most of the time busy shipping E-Cells from The Wall or The Hole to Cloud Base South East.

I accidentally took some kind of assignment to protect a station, and was payed, when the stupid pilot crashed his vessel into the factory. I don't really know why I got payed or why a harrier-flying pirate thought he'd be able to scratch a station, but I think I'll hope for more of those Idiots out there.
Also started to do some requested trades, but the pay off is often beyond my own runs, so I only take them, if they are payed some ten thousand credits or I didn't had any cargo to ship for more than two sectors. Both Conditions barely happen to be met.

None the less, the money keeps growing on my account, as soon as I get my hands on a used freighter, I'll outfit it and hire a second pilot. Two MORT-Traders are enough for the moment on the one hand side, on the other, I don't want to share money I don't have to share, so I won't let these two be operated by other pilots.

Permanent Assets:

Account Balance: 1.441.910

[Fithteenth Entry]
768-05-02 22.40
The Hole

I'm not sure about what happened the last time a got me some sleep, so i parked the Leyline near one of the Power Plants in the Sector instead of docking, before a got to bed. The ship didn't move in the 7 hours I slept and I'm glad it didn't.

A look on my account woke me up pretty fast: 2.256.651 it says. Last thing I noted was about one and a half million, so whatever Keppel did, it brought in even more money.

Unfortunately I couldn't get my hands on a cheap freighter before sleeping, so that is still on the list. Seeing the flow of cash, it's kind of stupid to search for a used vessel instead of just buying one, but I feel like wasting them, if I consider this. 2 Millions in only two days, unbelievable. If money comes in that fast out here, I don't want to know how fast it's gone.
Anyways, I'll leave the setup as it is and head into what is called pirate alley. Not the save way to do things, but it might pay out well, so I'll get myself some better shields and give it a try.

Permanent Assets:

Account Balance: 2.256.651

xcal13
x4

Post by xcal13 » Tue, 16. Feb 10, 02:19

i used to mort crystals while i explored in the m5
"War, war never changes..."

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Tue, 16. Feb 10, 13:51

So far the story kept me in Argon Space and GoD emptied the Crystal Fabs pretty good, wich kept the profit from selling them below the other opportunities.

So far the story kept me in Argon Space and GoD emptied the Crystal Fabs pretty good, wich kept the profit from selling them below the other opportunities.

[Sixteenth Entry]
768-05-03 02.15
Brennan's Triumph

I bought myself 3 25MJ-Shields in Cloud Base SE and jumped to the North Gate of Elena's Fortune. All quite there, no salvage so I turned and passed the gate to Farnham's Legend.
The sector was... quite, to say the least. No trader nor pirate anywhere, just some plankton farms floating through quite space. I continued through the gate to Bala Gi's Joy, another quite sector with some lovely SSPs, where I stocked my hold of E-Cells before passing on to Olmancketslat's Treaty, the first sector on the pirate alley actually filled with pirates. But no hostiles, except for some idiots in M4s trying to bring down the shields of a weapons-factory. I headed straight for the next gate after enjoying the view on a brigantine for some minutes.
Brennan's Triumph was everything than quite, when i first entered and gave me an explanation on why the other Sectors had been so secure. A patrol consisting of a Cerberus, a heavy Centaur and a dozen of Novas was currently busy making a pirate Carrack vanish only a couple of kilometers ahead from the gate. Quite some fireworks.
I watched the battle drifting along and eventually catched some stray fire from one of the capitals. The new shields prove themselves worth the money. With her old 7MJ Outfit, the Leyline would've suffered some severe burnings.
When the battle was over, I salvaged some E-Cells and Missiles and decided to dock at the pirate station halfway between the gates. Unfortunately I had to learn they don't like to buy missiles. Hadn't believed that before... So I sold some of the salvaged Cells and carried on.
Danna's Chance. Now that is what I'd name a pirate sector. As soon as I entered, I saw a freighter taking heavy damage. I steered away from the gate and, once more, waited for the battle to end like a vulture out for carrion. The pirates blasted freighters to hell until the patrol from Brennan's Triumph entered and turned the tides, leaving me to collect spoils from both sides of the conflict.
After that, the road was clear of active pirates up to Aldana Hill, where I decided to engage my Jump Drive once more and jumped back to Bala Gi's Joy. I refueled and jumped to Herron's Nebula, to buy some space fuel, before another jump brought me back to Brennan's Triumph. It won't hurt to keep up good terms with the pirates. Though I don't know why they don't flag me as an enemy. Can't be simple ignorance.

Permanent Assets:

Account Balance: 2.289.061
[End Entry]

Joman
x3tc

Post by Joman » Tue, 16. Feb 10, 18:23

Very good ida. i love it!!! :) :) :)

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Tue, 16. Feb 10, 22:29

Thanks. (=

[Seventeenth Entry]
768-05-03 09.26
Preacher's Void

My last entry was some hours ago. Can't say the time was running on me, but I was busy to explore Paranid Space "South" of the Argon Core Sectors, after I headed into Split Fire and was caught in the mood. I've avoided Paranid Prime so far, and am not allowed to dock into their core sectors, though they seem not to be aggressive towards me. So far, nobody was aggressive towards me except for some of the pirates that flagged me as prey, but didn't hunt.

More of curiosity and by chance I ended up in Savage Spur. A depressing, yet spectacular sight of dark beauty, that deeply moved me. It made me realize, for the first time in my life I think, that I'm really really small.

However, there was also some action to attend. Yaki Pirates battled with a paranid frigate and where destroyed. Yet another surprise: The Yaki don't see me as prey or enemy, they are as blue as almoast everything I encountered. I somewhat fear the IFF-Settings are hacked to lure me into dangerous territory, and hell, they do. After picking up some more missiles, I started to explore the sectors occupied by Yaki even beyond Senator's Badlands. However, the Factories in Weavers Tempest didn't want me to dock, so I headed back here.

My Account just crossed 3 Millions. Keppel suggest I should invest the money into more Employees soon, but I haven't gotten any good deals for ships. It seems they avoid you, if you count on them. Well, I'm kind of sick of this cockpit. Maybe I'll buy myself a Fighter to explore a bit more, dock the Leyline at Argon Prime and give the Avaritia and the Luxuria to new Employees. I also thought of outfitting the Ira to protect me. The Fuel Income isn't bad, but low compared to the other sources even now. Have some time to think about that on the way home.

Permanent Assets:

Account Balance: 3.021.712

[Eighteenth Entry]
768-05-03 12.32
Argon Prime

This is just a story to be written. After the last entry I overlooked the scanner logs from the last sectors, as I usually do when I've some spare time. I noticed something odd. The Scanners had picked up a fighter in the periphery of a nearby asteroid. I certainly have overlooked it or thought is was a pirate trying to hide from the gravidar of the paranid, something like that. However, in the log of my returning, it was still there, in the same position. I left preachers void to check if the pilot had some problems with the engines and com or something, maybe a virus shut down his computers.
I've yet to find the virus and the pilot. I claimed it, since it was empty and sent a message to its former owner on who took his ship away. As long as I don't get an answer, I'll use it as mine, since I wanted to buy and M4 anyways.
The next ironic play of god met me when I entered Ore Belt. I had finally decided to buy 2 more Freighters and employ four new pilots to bring my business to the next level. GoD seems to like seeing me suffering only to offer me the longed solution after I overcome my first decision and decide to go the other way around. In Ore Belt I was offered the first freighter, 24.000 Credits for a torn up mercury. Took me half an hour to fix it, but I had a new freighter now named Superbia.
I send it to Terra Corp for equipment and made my way to Argon Prime to Dock the Leyline and change ships to my new Aquisition, I gave it the name Invidia. In com reach of the Shipyard a guy working there forwarded me not only one, but two suggestions for sales worth looking at. Well, how do I put it... first was a merc, even more messed up than the one from Ore Belt, the second was a, yes, a !MAGNETAR! for round about 35.000 each. Took me another hour and a half to repair them, before I send the Acedia to Terra Corp and docked my new TM (I decided to keep the name she already has as "Outlaw Star" sounds kick-ass) at the Equipmentdock for outfit.
They even had 4 200MJ Shields in stock, so I bought the two needed and 4 PRGs for self defense. Ira and Invidia also got equipped. Invidia with 4 PACs, the Ira with one IRE that came with the Acedia. She won't need any more, since I plan to use her only as a scout. The Invidia will take the part of fighting if needed.

Now for my old and new employees:

Karry Keppel piloting the Gula was reassigned to trade in all of Argon Core Space, wich generally means up to three sectors away from Argon Prime.

Hayla Slamer was given the Superbia and ordered to make money in Circle of Energy.

Gil Sahkarna got the Luxuria to keep up our business in Ore Belt.

Kareen Hang was given the Aravitia to trade within Herron's Nebula.

Dal Colard is operating the Acedia in Home of Light.

I'll see the results soon, all these investments seriously dropped my hard earned funds, but now the fun should kick in. I'll leave Karry in charge for the new guys and head out to explore some new markets for us.

Permanent Assets:

Account Balance: 905.710

Snowship
x3tc

Post by Snowship » Wed, 17. Feb 10, 09:03

a good RP way to have AI "pilots" in ships other than TCS MkIII and still having a vanilla game, would be to grab those astronauts and place them in a ship (with CBLS of course :wink: ).
Then you have a named person to comment on/interact with plot wise and if they get hit and the CBLS is destroyed & they die, well a lucky shot entered the cockpit and killed them.

Useful for fighter escorts manual traders etc.

Just a thought at anyrate :)
[ external image ]
Vanilla Malt Gamestarts

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Wed, 17. Feb 10, 13:30

I already thought about that, but for now I'll stick to the style I've started with. Maybe I'll add some characters, when I start Using Capital Ships, but for now there's no real reason to increase their numbers while piloting a ship that one person is able to pilot or if I start to use Fighters as Escorts, wich I doubt to occur in a while, since I'm at least friendly neutral with all factions aside from Xenon and Kha'ak and still harmless 0%. The only real enemy ship I encountered was a Kha'ak-Bomber today, that didn't even noticed me until I passed the gate.

[Nineteenth Entry]
768-05-03 17.52
Legend's Home

"Pirate Alley" has died out, at least it's pirates did. The station in Brennan's Triumph has vanished and I haven't seen a single pirate Ship on the whole way from Bala Gi's Joy down to Aldana Hill. Don't know what they're doing, but things don't look good for them.

I took my time today to explore the new Colonies we made after the Xenon-Wars. Akeela's Beacon, Light of Heart, Montalaar, all in all calm and beautiful places to go. I found another empty ship in Akeela's and noticed something odd: It's original Owner-ID was the same as the one of the Perseus I found earlier. There's either a pilot who likes to leave his ships behind, or someone placed them on purpose. If, than the question arising is: What purpose?

I also did some exploring in the new Boron Territories and some of the Teladi Sectors around here. I was offered a Dolphin Super Freighter in average condition for only a bit over 200.000, bought it and polished it. It'll sell for a good price, if I decide to sell it. If not, I'll have to get a JD down here to get it to Terra Corp for equipment.

By the way: 16 Crates of Nividium are sold until this very moment. So far nobody noticed and Karry did a good job on "resupplying" it. And while speaking of Carry, contacted him about an hour ago and he said the new ones would progress very good. Seems I've a hand for picking personnel.

The Outlaw Star is a magnificent ship and quite useful for taking on Salvage Missions. It seems a lot of people leave their ships behind only to pay me for their recovery. Well, I won't complain.

Not sure what to do with the Buster i found in Akeela's Beacon, think I'll keep it around for now unnamed until I make my decision.

Permanent Assets:

Account Balance: 1.302.954
Last edited by RyuKazuha on Thu, 18. Feb 10, 00:33, edited 2 times in total.

xcal13
x4

Post by xcal13 » Thu, 18. Feb 10, 00:32

this is good
"War, war never changes..."

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Thu, 18. Feb 10, 00:34

Thank you. I'm pleased to hear that. (=

[Twentieth Entry]
768-05-04 10.46
Interworlds

The Outlaw Star is back in Argon Territory, after hours of exploring the paranid sectors. A lot of things happened, while it was an over all quite journey wich I really enjoyed. It's great to be able to just jump into one of the fighters and hit the gas. After some experimenting I usually set the Star to fly to the other side while I explored in the Ira or the Invidia.

The biggest issue I had to solve was the derelict ships I kept finding. They all share the same owner ID but any messages to this ID left me without a response. I decided to leave some of my findings on a paranid shipyard to be sold if there isn't any message within three days. Most of them where located in or near Paranid Space, so I'll assume the owner operated within that area. Will see. Some kind of Voice keeps reminding me to have a look at the Leyline, as if I missed to realize something my subconsciousness noticed. For the moment I've other business to take care of. Our Argon relations are good and I was able to make some progress with the paranid so that we can expand our business into their territory. I'm also on good terms with the Teladi now. I'll talk to Karry about sending him into this part of the commonwealth and let someone other take his place back in the core sectors. I need someone i can trust out here. I'll also have to sort out things about what of the new assets to keep and wich to sell. It's somewhat complicated and my head feels like jelly. I should get me some rest a pint of beer and maybe a woman at the local bar.

Permanent Assets:

Account Balance: 4.974.561
Last edited by RyuKazuha on Fri, 19. Feb 10, 01:35, edited 1 time in total.

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Thu, 18. Feb 10, 22:46

[21st Entry]
768-05-04 14.40
Nyana's Hideout

Despite of my plans about going to a bar, the last 3 hours I were busy managing my little business. After a pint i decided to return to the Outlaw Star and set course for Omicron Lyrae to meet up with Karry.

He awaited me at the Trade Station, when I docked and we had some talk over how to handle things. He also brought some silicon wafers with him, that I promised some Goner in Elysium of Light. The Goner are religious freaks, but they are on good terms with everyone and make them my friends may give me some opportunities.

For what i discussed with Karry:
Kareen Hang currently in Charge of the Avaritia, will take over the business in the core sectors. She's the best among the new guys and well suited to handle things there.
Karry will take on business around here, build up some relations with the Teladi and keep and eye open for pilots native to these sectors. If we want to expand here, we need some guys who know whats going on. As soon as things are starting to go their way here, Karry will travel deeper into Teladi territory and set us up there.

He also helped me to decide about what to do with the fighters. Keep a long story short, I set most of them for sale and only kept the Ira and an Advanced Perseus I found. It's fast and well shielded, an appropriate tool of defense. The Iras superior speed was reason enough to keep her around for now.

I purchased a Mercury Hauler Variant, used, average condition for 200.000 and named it Invidia II in favor of the now sold fighter. I'll transport her back to Argon Core Space for use in Ore Belt, once I delivered the needed shiploads for the goner. The great freight volume will come in handy in ore-transports.
The dolphin super freighter was sold, it's not of much use to our operation in any way.

The "Green Corporation" is now well set up and deploys enough funds to take greater goals into account, in this case, the purchase of a TL-Class Mammoth or, if we get the connections set up, even an Albatross. 70 Millions that is. It's a huge investment and Karry vowed for setting up some factories first, but I don't plan on wasting money to hired crews. If they screw up, my money and my station is gone. If I screw up, it's something completely different. Karry just smiled faintly saying "You're the boss." and he's right, I am.

I'm currently heading for the local trade station. Will dock and see what the station offers me. The Star is currently back in Argon Prime to get another Jump Drive for the Invidia II. No reason to be there in person, so I'll enjoy the local culture.

Permanent Assets:
Mercury: Leyline (D-AP-EQ), Nod of Fate (D-OB-PLHQ), Avaritia (ST-Kareen Hang), Luxuria (ST-Gil Sahkarna), Superbia (ST-Hayla Slamer), Acedia (ST-Dal Colard), Invidia II (D-OL-TS)

Account Balance: 8.980.667

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Fri, 19. Feb 10, 05:57

[22nd Entry]
768-05-04 16.20
Nyana's Hideout

The last hours changed things. Changed me, somehow. I sat in the bar, looking at the news channel they had on screen, X-News-Net or something like that, I dunno. Doesn't care about it either. What's important is, that I met a girl. No, not correct, a woman. THE woman.

Her body was like that it just turned twenty or something like that. Neither a bud anymore, nor a fully flourished cherry blossom yet. A ladyfied girl as much as a girlish lady.
Her taint bright like porcelain, while the hair was darker than black and her eyes coruscating like emeralds with a gaze sharp like a razors edge. She glanced at me just for a brief moment, even long enough for me to notice and made me admire her strength and beauty with out even raising her voice.

I can't really express what I felt about seeing her in words, it was like... like entering Savage Spur but a thousand times more intense. A beauty so amazing that it intimidates you up on sight while drawing you near itself at the same time.

When I came back to my senses, she was gone. But the bartender assured me, she was indeed not a hallucination nor a dream figure. Her real name is apparently Cora Black, but she is called by many names throughout this part of the galaxy, Black Mamba being the most popular, given to her by the Split. The boron call her Deep Trench, even Paranid seem to admire her as much as they fear her, referring to this woman in a way that roughly translates to Tainted Nova. A common, yet not really creative name used by the humans would be Kuro no Sakura, the "Black Cherry Blossom".
She's what people around here refer to as a contractor. In proper Argon language that would be everything covered by the words of gumshoe, bodyguard, mercenary, bounty hunter and assassin. Once a contract is set, a contractor pleads himself to obey it until all conditions are met, making them way more reliable than normal guns for hire, and way more expensive.

That look she gave me... somethings keeps telling me I'll see her again. Well, to be honest, every fiber of my existence longs for seeing her again. At the moment only one thing is certain to me. If I'd choose how to die, I'd want her to be the means and reason.

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Re: All-In Company - have no fear, you've nothing to loose [DiD] (Entry Twenty up)

Post by RyuKazuha » Fri, 19. Feb 10, 06:10

Damn. Anyway, if it's here, I'll might as well use it.

[23rd Entry]
768-05-04 22.22
Scale Plate Green

Not a long sleep today, only about five hours before Karry woke me up. One of the freighters he purchased was missing. He accused himself a fair bit of picking a thug and so, but I just told him to calm down and decided to take a look at it on my own. If someone takes my ships away, I've to make sure he regrets it.

Upon entering the system, the reason for the sudden disappearance of our ship became glass clear. A Xenon PX with associated fighters was one patrol in the system, scrapping every freighter it could it's hands on. With a fair bit of concerns, I set the Outlaw Star to follow the Xenon and reasonable range. They had for the Gate to scale plate green, where suddenly a heavy centaur pops up. Not one of the shiny polished ones you see sometimes docking in Argon Prime, but a really beaten up one. Looks like this one wasn't the only patrol around.
The PX engages the Centaur on sight with it's fighters swarming. While the PX is in better state, the Argon are obviously better armed and take the PX down, before the Ls, Ms and Ns shook of the three novas that guarded the Centaur and pushed it down the cliff.
The Patrol has won, but they dont reorganize properly, resulting in the whole group being scattered all over the space between me and the gate.
Good thing I've some Moskitos in stock. Now they will pay for my freighter, double, triple, something like that.
I droped the fighters and launched a missile a the last ship in the now broken formation. It recognizes me as a thread and breaks the little rest of what was a formation down bey going after the Star. 400k Shield will do to take some fire from the M, before setting the fighters to attack it. I loose some percent on the shields, but Ira and Temperantia quickly deal with the problem, allowing me to catch the attention of the next target.

4 of 8 Xenon Fighters get scrapped by my ships, before the others get past the gate. I followed them, to see there were headed, bit the only thing I found on the other side was some debris. Mission Complete I guess. However this incident had me thinking. This isn't core space, unshielded ships won't survive long, if i don't set up some defences. Karry already got some new guys running trips down here.

Permanent Assets:
Mercury: Leyline (D-AP-EQ), Nod of Fate (D-OB-PLHQ), Avaritia (ST-Kareen Hang), Luxuria (ST-Gil Sahkarna), Superbia (ST-Hayla Slamer), Acedia (ST-Dal Colard), Invidia II (D-OL-TS) Spes (ST-Leo Guste), Caritas (ST-Mikal Kayean), Fides (ST-Trosulis Yoyunis Yahinussos II)

Account Balance: 10.085.765
Last edited by RyuKazuha on Sat, 20. Feb 10, 00:06, edited 1 time in total.

Snowship
x3tc

Post by Snowship » Fri, 19. Feb 10, 22:39

Always a decision on what to do about freighters venturing into hostile areas.
Interested to see what you decide :)
[ external image ]
Vanilla Malt Gamestarts

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Sat, 20. Feb 10, 00:02

Hehe, sometimes there's just no right way to do it.

I added a list to the first post as a little who's who and the ranking between the various characters that are part of Green Corporation.

[24th Entry]
768-05-05 07.32
PTNI HQ

I revised some of my earlier decisions about how to handle things. Karry informed me about a serious lack of Nostrop in the area of PTNI HQ and recommended some trade runs off-schedule for maximized income. When I visited the system myself I had a better idea. The Nostrop facilities in Scale Plate Green are in constant danger of Xenon-Attacks and supply is indeed short.
I made some deals with the local authorities who would allow me to build my own stations in the sector, if I helped them with some of their projects. Upon looking on the plans I found myself with a greedy grin. What they wanted me to build where in short two more Nostrop customers in PTNI and two Crystal Fabs, one in PTNI, the other in Scale Plate Green.
Against my former plans I hired a local captains ship and crew and deployed the facilities as ordered, before starting the construction of what is now called the "Green Corporation Nostrop Centre". At the moment the complex only contains a Nostrop Refinery and a Solar Power Plant, but I've already been contracted to develop the local economy further. The best thing about all of this though, is the security provided for free by the NNMC patrol ships in the sector.

I'll see to arrange some more contracts for Crystal Fabs. The local stations need the supply as well as I do, and every crystal fab is a nostrop customer in return. However, I wouldn't want to run one on my own, it's a pain getting enough silicon here while still making profits, so I'll let this part to the Teladi and just buy the crystals. It means less profits, but a smaller gain isn't a loss. That's something these lizards will never learn and I count on it.

"Project Leviathan" however, the acquisition of my own TL is not off the stove. I just had to act on the opportunity there. While the fabs run in their costs, I'll keep myself busy with old fashioned business. Second Hand Trade of Ships still makes good profits and allows me to stock the Nostrop Center with Freighters, salvage Missions are a piece of cake and jumping in the Ira to scan some 'roids kills time when there's nothing else to do.

Last but not least: Now that I've my own station, I moved the Leyline to it. She'll be safe and docked their until I need her. The Trade Stations Argon Prime and Omicron Lyrae will be continued to serve as base of operations for their respective divisions. I'll replace the Fides as soon as I get hands on another mercury.

Karry will act as the leader of Omicron Division and Manager of the GCNC until we find a replacement for his duty in the Division. For now I've to find someone who knows the Teladi better than any human. Someone I can trust and who is able to help me set up a division deeper in Teladi Space.

[Permanent Assets]
Ships:

Stations:

Account Balance: 8.261.227

Return to “Creative Universe”