[SCRIPT] Station Camper V1.00 : 11/02/2010

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

[SCRIPT] Station Camper V1.00 : 11/02/2010

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 11. Feb 10, 17:37

Station Camper
  • This scripts allows you to setup traders to sit at stations and buy/sell wares at a set price
:arrow: Installing :arrow: Using
  • Your ships require Trade Software MK2 to enable camping, the command will appear in your command console in the Trade Section.

Once run, you will need to select the station you wish to camp at

[ external image ]

Once selected, you can then select the wares, the process is slightly different between docks and factories
:arrow: Factories
  • When selecting a factory, you will get a list of products to buy, and resources to sell

[ external image ]

You can then select the price to use for each of the wares, the ship will only buy wares upto the price you have set, and will only sell wares for at least the price you have set
:arrow: Docks
  • When selecting a dock, you will get a list of all tradable wares, and you can select to buy or sell the wares, theres no pricing setting, as the prices dont change in docks

[ external image ]
:arrow: Reports
  • When the command finishes, you will get a message and can view the report
    You can also view the report at any time, even while the command is still running buy going into the Community Menu and displaying the reports.

[ external image ]
Last edited by Cycrow on Thu, 11. Feb 10, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Thu, 11. Feb 10, 17:42

looks interesting. Especially for those of us trying to farm the IBL forges :)
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Thu, 11. Feb 10, 18:30

Cycrow you know when your not playing X3TC do you do human things such as sleep or eat?

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Thu, 11. Feb 10, 18:34

No, when he's not playing it he scripts it. :lol:
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Nho
x3

Post by Nho » Thu, 11. Feb 10, 19:30

Great! I used this e lot in X3R. Very useful

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 11. Feb 10, 20:13

Lord_Dakier wrote:Cycrow you know when your not playing X3TC do you do human things such as sleep or eat?
not done that in a 1000 years

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Thu, 11. Feb 10, 20:37

not done that in a 1000 years
So that would include dying then, in the list of things you don't do...

What did you do before computers?!

X - The Board Game :D
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Boogabu

Post by Boogabu » Tue, 11. May 10, 06:00

I theorize that he chipped rocks into the shape of space ships. By the time he had an M2's turrets made, X was out on PC.

This was, unfortunately, before digital cameras were mainstream, and his M2 rock was mistaken for a medieval torture device and was stolen, to be later sold to a sadistic collector of those sorts of things. Therefore, no pics. :(

Cycrow, I love your scripts man - this one especially! I've been playing for less than a few months, but aside from one or two, I'm playing your version of TC.

I'd offer to have your babies, but the matching parts probably wouldn't make that work.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 11. May 10, 11:39

Lord_Dakier wrote:Cycrow you know when your not playing X3TC do you do human things such as sleep or eat?

Man! Don't try to persuade him to sleep, dang it!! :lol:

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Thu, 15. Jul 10, 14:29

Thank you, I'm going to try this on a station that buys Nividium & see if it offloads fast enough to be more profitable than the usual "sales" method...

:D :wink:

Idgy
x3tc

Post by Idgy » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 09:11

I'm having trouble with this script. When I choose the command from the trade menu, I'm able to choose from nearby stations or docks, but once I select a target for the camping, I'm unable to the adjust buying or selling settings.

I don't see those options at all; the only selection I can make is "Start Camping."

This probably has something to do with game version mismatch; I'm on 2.1 because the OS X version of the game isn't at release parity yet.

Any suggestion on fixes I could try? Or am I SOL for this script until 3.0 comes out for OS X?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 20:28

unfortuatlly the script is for 2.5.

it uses the value selection commands to display the menu options, which wern't added until 2.5.

theres no way to really get it working with a lower version without rewriting the menu system in a different way

Idgy
x3tc

Post by Idgy » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 23:25

Ah well. I'll try this again when/if VP updates the game. Thanks.

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Mon, 2. May 11, 18:19

Cycrow

according to Plugin manager light V1.40 (beta 5) there is a new version of this script available, however the plugin manager gets an unhandled exception error when trying to download it, and then brings up another error message about program files (x86) so it cannot update the script.

Legionaire
Mobo MSI Z270 Gaming M3 CPU i5 7600K @4.2
RAM 16Gb Corsair Vengeance
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

KillingMonkey
x3tc

Post by KillingMonkey » Mon, 2. May 11, 20:44

Sorry for the noobish question... But... What's the profit of this? I mean... What's the advantage of station camping?
To each, his own.

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Mon, 2. May 11, 21:11

lets you leave a trader in an npc station both buying and selling till its either full or empty and it does it automatically without you having to check on the station regularly and manually buy or sell.

Legionnaire
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

KillingMonkey
x3tc

Post by KillingMonkey » Tue, 3. May 11, 12:11

Legionnaire wrote:lets you leave a trader in an npc station both buying and selling till its either full or empty and it does it automatically without you having to check on the station regularly and manually buy or sell.

Legionnaire
Yeah, I got that much... But what's the advantage of it?

Wouldn't it be much more profitable to buy the ware at a station then sell it to one that needs it? Buying from a distributor and then selling to (the same) distributor leaves you at a loss as buying prices would always be lower than selling prices...

Would (probably) get your trading rank up, but you'll get no profit...
To each, his own.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 3. May 11, 12:41

Legionnaire wrote:Cycrow

according to Plugin manager light V1.40 (beta 5) there is a new version of this script available, however the plugin manager gets an unhandled exception error when trying to download it, and then brings up another error message about program files (x86) so it cannot update the script.

Legionaire
sounds like a problem with access rights
it downloads the update to the program directory, but windows might be preveting it from writing

you could try running the plugin manager as admin and see if it fixes it

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 3. May 11, 12:44

KillingMonkey wrote:
Legionnaire wrote:lets you leave a trader in an npc station both buying and selling till its either full or empty and it does it automatically without you having to check on the station regularly and manually buy or sell.

Legionnaire
Yeah, I got that much... But what's the advantage of it?

Wouldn't it be much more profitable to buy the ware at a station then sell it to one that needs it? Buying from a distributor and then selling to (the same) distributor leaves you at a loss as buying prices would always be lower than selling prices...

Would (probably) get your trading rank up, but you'll get no profit...
it doesn't buy then sell to the same station, its not about making profit.

the ship will sit at the station and keep buying, or selling, until its either full or reaches the limit.

it'll only buy or sell at the specified price.

so if there isn't enough stock it'll wait and keep buying until it gets enough

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Tue, 3. May 11, 14:44

Cycrow ok setting administrator rights on the program even though its an administrator account i wusing solved the issue of reading/writing, however it shows version 2.31 as being newer and version 1.00 installed, it downloads asks if its to be installed, goes through the process and finishes by saying that version 1.00 has been installed.

I have taken screenshots of each step in the process, so can send you those if they might give ideas as to whats going on, but it just keeps going round in a loop.

Legionnaire
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”