[Script] ATF Shipyard v6 (Deprecated)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

eldyranx3
xr

[Script] ATF Shipyard v6 (Deprecated)

Post by eldyranx3 » Fri, 4. Dec 09, 18:53

This script is deprecated and is no longer supported.

Please use the one listed here: Terran Revitalization Project.

ATF Shipyard v6

Description:

Based on the ATF Shipyard v3 script by amurph0, with some changes based on player requests. This script does the following:

:arrow: Adds ALL ATF ships, including the Atmospheric Lifter, for sale at an ATF Shipyard in The Moon.

:arrow: Adds MOST Terran Food, Bio, Mines, and SOME Tech Fabs for sale at an USC Shipyard in Saturn

:arrow: Adds MOST Terran Weapon, Missile, and SOME Tech Fabs for sale at an USC shipyard in Mars

:arrow: Adds Aldrin EEMPC Forges and Complex Construction Kits to the Terran Shipyard in Terran Unknown Sector 1 once it is created by GoD (Game Save / Reload required)

:arrow: Gives the player a ATF Rep boost to ATF Command Access upon discovery of Terran Unknown Sector 1 (Game Save / Reload required)

:arrow: Adds some Reverse Engineered Commonwealth Technology for sale at the Saturn Research Station

The biggest change from v4 to v5 code is that Station and Ship access are more balanced. Now, ATF ships are not available from the beginning on most game starts. Once the player finishes the Terran Plot, the player should have access to ATF ships up to M7 class. Once the player completes OFF, Goner, the 1st part of the HUB, and the 1st parts to the Aldrin Expansion Plots, access to ATF M1, M2, and M7M becomes available.

Access to Terran stations are now tied to Terran rank instead of ATF rank. Not interested in completing the Main plots just to stabilize the Terran economy? No problem!

Required: X3:TC 2.5, Cycrow's Plugin Manager Lite 1.20.

Recommended: Terran Revitalization Project

Once again, since people seem to be missing it, this download link is provided for archive purposes only AND IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED.

[ external image ]

PLEASE NOTE! - While the following stations are included for sale, they cannot be added to a complex. Attempting to do so will crash the game. This is because the only supported models for these stations do not have connection nodes in TC 2.5. These models cannot be changed without modding the game. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

- Aldrin EEMPC aForges and Hull Plating Factories
- Specter and Ghoul Missile Fabs
- M/AM Mine and Warhead Fabs
- EMP Rifle Assembly Facility
- Food Preparation Facility M/L

PLEASE NOTE! - While the ATF Flagship Valhalla is included for sale, it is so colossal that it can not fit through a Jump Gate. Do not attempt to Jump it while you are In Sector, or it will be destroyed. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Changelog:

v6
- Added Tractor Beams, Bioscanner, Trade Command Mk3, Best Buys, and Best Sells to the Saturn Research Station.
- Removed Terran Fusion Beam Cannon Forge (Bugged)
- Added Terran Hull Plating Factory.

v5
- Known Issues: Depending on which SPK you have, Jump Drives may not be Available for Purchase.

- Fixed Jumpdrive Availability at the Saturn Research Station
- Split up ships and stations between four major Terran Shipyards: The Moon, Mars, Saturn, and Terran Unknown Sector 1
- Added Orbital Supply Base, Orbital Logistics Dock, and Orbital Support Station
- Added EEMP Forge to Shipyard in Unknown Terran Sector 1
- Changed ATF Rep boost to fall in line with Plot integration

v4
- Changed ATF Shipyard location to Saturn
- Added Jumpdrive to Saturn Research Station - [Bug - Can’t be Purchased]
- Added Atmospheric Lifter to ATF Shipyard
- Added Orbital Patrol Base and Military Base
- Added all stations available from end of Aldrin Expansion Plot
- Removed redundant Terran stations that could not be added to a complex
- Fixed Water Purification Plant M (No longer requires to be placed on an asteroid)
- Removed Hull Plating Factory

v3
- Fixed rep problem
- Changed The Moon ownership to back to Terran
- Increased ATF rep to maximum so people can buy all the ships/stations

v2
- Changed The Moon ownership to ATF

v1
- Renamed to "ATF Shipyard"
- Ownership has been changed from Terran to ATF, so you'll need good rep with them to buy ships.
- Replaced Terran Ships with ATF ships.
- Added ALL Terran factories and the Orbital Defense Station.

Enjoy!

Old Topic: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=228313

Acknowledgments: Thanks to amurph0 for permission to use his v3 code. Thanks to imperium3, Yaotzin, and Geekey265 for general suggestions and improvements. Thanks to Nvidum and Cycrow for scripting advice.
Last edited by eldyranx3 on Thu, 13. Sep 12, 18:22, edited 11 times in total.

Electric
x3tc

Post by Electric » Sat, 5. Dec 09, 13:01

Hi there,

Tried to download it but it says no files have been added?

Cheers

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Sat, 5. Dec 09, 13:49

Just for reference, based on this: "This is my first script for X3:TC, and for the most part I just copy pasted v3 script code and changed variable references where needed. " I have to ask - you do have the permission from the original author, right?

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Sat, 5. Dec 09, 14:10

X2-Eliah wrote:Just for reference, based on this: "This is my first script for X3:TC, and for the most part I just copy pasted v3 script code and changed variable references where needed. " I have to ask - you do have the permission from the original author, right?
Looking at the old topic it seems that amurph0 did give permission:
amurph0 wrote:I'm no longer making scripts for TC so i won't be able to update it. Someone else can do it if they really want the Protein Paste Blending Facility that much.
Might be wise to state that clearly in the OP though.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Sat, 5. Dec 09, 15:23

Electric wrote:Tried to download it but it says no files have been added?
I changed the DL link to bypass the confusing advertisements.
X2-Eliah wrote:I have to ask - you do have the permission from the original author, right?
imperium3 wrote:Might be wise to state that clearly in the OP though.
Clarified. Thanks for the suggestion.

Electric
x3tc

Post by Electric » Sat, 5. Dec 09, 20:05

eldyranx3 - thx that sorted the download, nice one!

Alexfighter

Can't buy the jumpdrive in Saturn Research Station

Post by Alexfighter » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 05:40

Has anybody the same problem?

I try to buy the newly added Jumpdrive of Saturn Research Station but I can't. Every requirement is met (I have the notoriety, the money, etc) but when I push right to select the 1 unit to buy it stays at zero. There's no way I can convince it out of the 0 units, so I can't buy Jumpdrives there. I have to go to other places.

Thanks.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 09:17

You are correct. The issue is I didn't script in that there should be at least (1) available at the Saturn Research Station at all times. Oddly enough, its only two lines involved in v4 script code. I already fixed in the script I run, but not updated in the one online.

On the upside you should have ATF rank Earth Access, so you can just get one at the Earth Torus.

Im waiting for additional feedback before I make a more massive update to v5. Suggestions welcome. Possible ideas are to add in something about destroying the ATF Shipyard if one exists already, there by auto updating what ever game object was changed. Maybe more stations? Removing ATF Valhalla to prevent players from Jumping In Sector with it?

Let me know if you would like to see some changes.
Last edited by eldyranx3 on Sat, 30. Jan 10, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.

Alexfighter

Post by Alexfighter » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 15:08

Well, I'd personally remove the whole ATF notoriety boost and let the player earn it, just to let it fit in the in-game development normally.

But that is just my preference.

Thanks.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 15:19

Ive considered it, but some stations would not be available to the player, even if they completed the Terran Plot. The only way to increase ATF rank at that point is to complete the Hub, Goner, OFF, and start the Aldrin Expansion missions.

At that point this script would be somewhat redundant.

Ive toyed with the idea of having a ATF Shipyard that just sells the ATF ships, and keeping that tied to the ATF rank, which progresses normally. Then I would have a USC shipyard that sells most Terran stations, tied to Terran rank. I think that might be more balanced, but Im not an experienced scripter.

Any other requests?

Yaotzin

Post by Yaotzin » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 22:28

My only real complaint with the script is it just feels very hack/cheatish. IMO it should just fill in the "missing" ATF ships and Terran stations, while feeling like part of the game.

As such, I would add the missing stations to the TUS Shipyard, make a separate ATF shipyard, and let ATF rank increase normally. You'd need to give the player max rank when they finish Aldrin though, or they couldn't buy the capitals even then (unless you can drop the requirements for them to the ATF rank you do get?). I'd also require finishing Aldrin to buy *anything* from the ATF shipyard, though I'm not sure if that's possible. They're paranoid after all, getting their ships shouldn't be easy!

Maybe make 2 versions, one a "get it now" version, one a more storyline-integrated version?

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Sun, 31. Jan 10, 19:51

Ive played around with a v5 beta script, and Ive made changes to try to balance out some things.

1] Moved ATF shipyard back to the Moon. ATF rank no longer altered. Removed USC ships and added ATF ones.

1a) ATF ships are not available from the beginning of most game starts.

1b) If a player completes the Terran plot they should have access to to ATF M5, M4, M3, M3+, M6, and M7 classes. The player would need ATF Research Access to make the M7M available and ATF Operations Access to make the M1 and M2 classes available.

Anybody know off the top of their head when the player reaches those ranks through the plots? Access to the ATF M1 and M2 might make the Hub and PHQ plots worth it then ;)

1c) Should I remove the ATF flagship Valhalla? It gets stuck in the gates if a player jumps in sector. Or, should I just put a warning in like I did the Ghoul Missile Fab into the readme?

2] Added USC Shipyard to Saturn. Added Terran stations from v4. Kept USC ships for sale.

2a) Should I create two separate USC Shipyards, one at Saturn and one at Mars? Should one only sell weapon forges and missile fabs? Should the other only sell Food, Tech, and Mineral stations?

2b) Should I add any other Terran stations that already exist in 2.5?

3] Fixed Jump Drive availability at Saturn Research Station.

Thoughts?

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Sun, 31. Jan 10, 20:27

The player reaches ATF Research Access at the end of the Aldrin expansion missions. AFAIK it's not possible to reach Operations Access within a normal game.

You might want to get rid of the Valhalla because in its current state it really isn't a lot of use and will serve only to annoy people who buy it.

The two seperate shipyards doesn't sound like a good idea, because if the player wants to set up a group of stations together (complexed or not) he's got a long journey ahead of him to get the TLs from Saturn to Mars. Whatever you do, my advice is to keep them both the same.

Catra

Post by Catra » Sun, 31. Jan 10, 20:35

Anybody know off the top of their head when the player reaches those ranks through the plots
you cant get past earth access, which is why murph added the ATF rank increaser to the original script :P, also for the valhalla you need command access(which is the very top of the ATF rank)
Should I remove the ATF flagship Valhalla? It gets stuck in the gates if a player jumps in sector. Or, should I just put a warning in like I did the Ghoul Missile Fab into the readme?
keep it and add the warning to the readme :)
2a) Should I create two separate USC Shipyards, one at Saturn and one at Mars? Should one only sell weapon forges and missile fabs? Should the other only sell Food, Tech, and Mineral stations?
i wouldnt bother, mars access is easy to get so splitting them up wouldnt serve much purpose :P

if you are moving it back to the moon, you should move all the stuff at the military base over to either the saturn research center or the mars orbital defense station(or both mars and saturn),as outfitting USC ships is tough as the moon's military base has (almost) everything you need in 1 place.

Yaotzin

Post by Yaotzin » Sun, 31. Jan 10, 21:18

eldyranx3 wrote:1] Moved ATF shipyard back to the Moon. ATF rank no longer altered. Removed USC ships and added ATF ones.

1a) ATF ships are not available from the beginning of most game starts.

1b) If a player completes the Terran plot they should have access to to ATF M5, M4, M3, M3+, M6, and M7 classes. The player would need ATF Research Access to make the M7M available and ATF Operations Access to make the M1 and M2 classes available.
[ external image ]
Anybody know off the top of their head when the player reaches those ranks through the plots? Access to the ATF M1 and M2 might make the Hub and PHQ plots worth it then ;)
As mentioned, Earth Access upon Terran plot completion, and Research Access upon Aldrin missions completion. Aldrin missions don't require the whole Hub mission though..indeed you only need do the easy part. M1/M2 ATF ships for finishing the whole Hub would be a nice reward if that's doable.
1c) Should I remove the ATF flagship Valhalla? It gets stuck in the gates if a player jumps in sector. Or, should I just put a warning in like I did the Ghoul Missile Fab into the readme?
No reason not to keep it with a warning IMO.
2] Added USC Shipyard to Saturn. Added Terran stations from v4. Kept USC ships for sale.

No need IMO, and no other shipyards work that way. Could you add the missing stations to the TUS shipyard too, though? It's easier to get to once you're at that point, after all.

ETA: Maybe add the Aldrin stations? At least the EEMPC forge which causes so much bother.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 04:51

imperium3 wrote:If the player wants to set up a group of stations together (complexed or not) he's got a long journey ahead of him to get the TLs from Saturn to Mars.
Im going off the assumption that a player will elect to equip a Jump Drive on their TL from the Saturn Research Station.
Yaotzin wrote:No other shipyards work that way
Few Race Shipyards stock the exact list of stations, with the exception of Super Shipyards. The list on each USC shipyard is just getting a bit long.
Yaotzin wrote:Could you add the missing stations to the TUS shipyard too, though?
Since the Shipyard in TUS1 does not exist at the begining of the game, Im not sure how to tell the script when to check for the creation of the station, and add the stations then. As for the Aldrin Stations, I have yet to test if they work as Player Stations. I might look into these two things in a later version.

Thanks everyone for your opinion!

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 11:00

eldyranx3 wrote:
imperium3 wrote:If the player wants to set up a group of stations together (complexed or not) he's got a long journey ahead of him to get the TLs from Saturn to Mars.
Im going off the assumption that a player will elect to equip a Jump Drive on their TL from the Saturn Research Station.
Yaotzin wrote:No other shipyards work that way
Few Race Shipyards stock the exact list of stations, with the exception of Super Shipyards. The list on each USC shipyard is just getting a bit long.
Yaotzin wrote:Could you add the missing stations to the TUS shipyard too, though?
Since the Shipyard in TUS1 does not exist at the begining of the game, Im not sure how to tell the script when to check for the creation of the station, and add the stations then. As for the Aldrin Stations, I have yet to test if they work as Player Stations. I might look into these two things in a later version.

Thanks everyone for your opinion!
1. Unless the player has another script installed, you can't jump into Terran sectors, so that still involves two long journeys across Asteroid Belt if nothing else. I foresee the Elephant coming into fashion again :D

2. I see your point here, see above.

3. Pretty sure you can run a script with say a 1/2 hour loop or so, that will check if there's a Terran shipyard in TUS1. (find station in sector command, I think). Then you can add the Aldrin stations with it, assuming they're usable. Only thing is there may be a delay after creation of the shipyard, before Aldrin factories get added.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 19:28

I can definately see why adding all stations I have so far into v4 to the USC Shipyard in Saturn as well as Mars would be preferable, if the player is running just my script and say not the 'Terran / Auto Jump' script. I'll definately consider it, its just a lot of copy and pasting, then creating new variables and changing refernces. :shock:

Would it be easier to change the names of two shipyards in Saturn and Mars (maybe Terran Unknown Sector 1) to 'USC Shipyard' and then add the stations to any Shipyard with name 'USC Shipyard'? Hmmm syntax.

As for the ATF rep boost issue, I think I may have an idea.

Code: Select all

$TUS1=Terran Unknown Sector 1 ...
If $TUS1 -> is sector known by player
 set ATF -> Player to [+x] points
end
So if the Player discovers Terran Unknown Sector 1, grant Player ATF Command Access, and ATF M1, M2, and M7M become available to purchase at the ATF shipyard in The Moon.

Now, question, and maybe I should PM an experinced script writer on this, but when do scripts run? During save load? During New Game Start? And as Imperium3 suggested, how do I set up a loop to check for conditions every x minutes?

That way, I can have the game check, say, every 30 minutes to see if 1) Player has discovered Terran Unknown Sector 1 and 2) Shipyard has been created in Terran Unknown Sector 1.

Matterom
x4

Post by Matterom » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 05:20

why not have the ATF shipyard be the tarus itself after all it is supposed to be the main Atf shipyard according to lore
My Mods:
Sector Administration: A Tax Mod

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 11:28

Geekey has a point, actually. I'm not sure how easy that would be to code (and it would be a nightmare to travel if it were selling stations too), but the Torus might actually be quite a good location. Gives you a reason to go to Earth once in a while too.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”