[Plugin] Global Friend Foe Upgrade

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

[Plugin] Global Friend Foe Upgrade

Post by LV » Thu, 28. Jan 10, 22:06

Global Friend Foe Upgrade

Description : Plugin which allows you to set friend foe globally and auto update all ships
Version : 1.0
Date : 27/01/10
Author : LV

[ external image ] download unpacked version

[ external image ]

cycrow installer version

Detailed Description

As many people have problems with rogue combat ships they own going postal on races they should be neutral to and hammering down rep i built this upgrade
(As i've broken all my other scripts I also had to write something new before i went insane)

Once installed you will find the option for "Set Friend Foe" in your custom commands interface

The ship will then bring up a menu with option to set races as friend foe

[ external image ]

Also

1. Set as Mastership

This will set the chosen ship as the global template to use for FF settings if the auto update option is toggled on. PLAYERSHIP is used if no ship is defined

2. Set All Ships The Same

This will update every ship you own to the same FF settings as the ship

3. Scan for Attackers

Scans all your ships and reports any being attacked

4. Display Blocked Ships
Return any ships you have blocked from the globall FF settings

5. Turn on auto update (or off)

turns the alp plugin on or off, this then automatically updates every ship every minute, uses the mastership as the template

6. Block Ship From Global Commands

Ship is not updated when auto update or "set all ships the same" are run, keeps it's own ff settings.

Install Instructions

Use the plugin manager OR manually put the files in scripts&t if you know how to do so

Uninstal

just remove the scripts

codes

t file

comms menu
<t id="735">A_LV_SET_FriendFoe_OFTEN</t>
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

lamoyja
x3tc

Post by lamoyja » Fri, 29. Jan 10, 22:28

Know whats hilarious?

I was going to post to see in the help section of the forums if there was a function to set global friend foe.

Awesome :D

(its such a drag killing all boron in a sector when all your owned ships don't attack unless you set them all to enemy of boron as well)

lol

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 29. Jan 10, 22:34

good, if this script had attracted nothing other than [ external image ] I'd have killed every member of the forum and took my toys home :)
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Fri, 29. Jan 10, 23:15

In fact it's a very good idea!

This kind of plugin/addon will be very useful to my user base (and to me). It's a pain to stay friendly to the pirate faction as soon as the user has more than a few ships.

Thanks!
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

lamoyja
x3tc

Post by lamoyja » Fri, 29. Jan 10, 23:22

Hmmm good point.

GaianKnight
x3tc

Post by GaianKnight » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 00:05

Is this in relation to the problem I have been having with the Terrans and my ships? Not intending to be egocentric, but rather surprise centric, and all that ignore worthy stuff. Just curious. :D

Ship: GSS Valkyrie Knight (Apricot Vidasaurus)
Fighting Rank: Battlemaster
Trading Rank: Super-Magnate
Can I ***modified*** the ding dong weather too?

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 03:57

Aye, as SK said, this will be great with his scripts. I wanted somethign like this myself.

One of the things i always hated was being the savior and hero of a race then haveing a ship play a practical joke and boom, everyone is trying to chop off my head and pin me to a cross.

Now when they try to do it, it will be when i decided to do teh joke and externamate them all ;)
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

GaianKnight
x3tc

Post by GaianKnight » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 06:19

(Hope I'm not jinxing myself here...)

..so far so good, as with this script active so far, and moi in Asteroid Belt to continue the Terran plot, there's been no shots taken at the Orbital Defense Station, nor any Terran ships. And this despite some thirty plus Traders of mine entering the sector, as my Traders do alot, when my arrival seems to 'remember' a sector to my Traders.

And so, no pot shots so far, keeping an eye out though. :wink:

Ship: GSS Valkyrie Knight (Apricot Vidasaurus)
Fighting Rank: Battlemaster
Trading Rank: Super-Magnate
Can I ***modified*** the ding dong weather too?

Liath
x4

Post by Liath » Thu, 11. Mar 10, 18:58

I /vote for this to be in the bonus pack!
If I seem super-critical lately, it's due to having played X2 and X3, which were awesome games. X:R's release was a hard fail, however there *were* improvements, especially with stations, capitals, and capturing/boarding. X4 right now feels like the best parts of X2/3 and Rebirth all got thrown out the friggin window. I'm honestly hopeful that X4 will turn out awesome, but I'm already hugely disappointed in ES as I have seen them do better and really expect more from them.

flybyu
x3tc

Post by flybyu » Tue, 1. Feb 11, 15:42

I want to just say thank you for this mod I am one who has a bad time keeping my fighters from attacking everything they shouldn't. and man they can get me in huge rep problems in less then a minute Grrr...

This will help that I am hoping...

BryanNeff
x3tc

Post by BryanNeff » Mon, 5. Dec 11, 22:04

Just to be sure, this will make the game modified, right?

I currently have a problem with my patrols going postal on ships in the sectors they're working in for absolutely no discernible reason, save perhaps they're identifying trade ships carrying illegal wares but not actually flipping them to pirates, and thus killing them while they're still friendly to their race.

I've noticed that BOTH Pirate and the race of the ship switch to enemy at the same time, which suggests that they've marked a ship as a pirate and a race to attack, hence my prior reasoning.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 6. Dec 11, 19:57

anything not in the bonus pack on the xu forum sticky will make your game modified (bar a couple of small graphical mods)
LV's TC Scripts

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sun, 11. Mar 12, 03:46

Tried it with AP and it seems to work fine. A couple of questions:
1) It appears to ignore laser towers and orbital lasers. I changed plugin.lv.ff.set.often.main to work on LaserTower and Orbital Laser object classes in addition to Movable ship. I assume there is no single class I can apply it to that includes LT and regular ships?
2) I am not sure what was the purpose of the "master ship" ? Does it override whatever FOF settings I have set in the menu?
3) There seems to be some sort of time delay between I click "Set all ships the same" and it actually resets them all. I wonder why?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 11. Mar 12, 09:39

It's a good job i explained the mastership in the OP as i'd forgotten

"1. Set as Mastership

This will set the chosen ship as the global template to use for FF settings if the auto update option is toggled on. PLAYERSHIP is used if no ship is defined "

to get all ships try the ship class as i've used movable ship, it may pick up towers then
LV's TC Scripts

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sun, 11. Mar 12, 10:00

Thanks, it all makes sense now. No more LTs going postal on pirates trying to find their death in Xenon sectors :)

PoisonYu

Post by PoisonYu » Mon, 26. Nov 12, 21:14

Am I correct in saying that this script doesn't effect ships in WINGS? At least, its having no effect for me... I think.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”