[MOD] X-Tra Ship/Station Pack - [V1.94 Available 3/9/2011]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Thu, 28. Jan 10, 07:42

Catra wrote:
Cadius wrote: Wonder if theres a repair docked ship script somewhere, it'll be perfect for this

marine repair script it has a repair docked function, although as it implies, you need marines to do it, but im sure you can fix that problem somehow :wink: :wink:
Yes but in the case of the larger ships they would have their own marines to repair the ship and wouldn't need a dedicated repair ship.

On a different note! Cadius, would you be willing to remodel the USC M1 and TL class ships? I always thought these ships were ugly and didn't quiet match the rest of the USC ships, mostly because they weren't symmetrical and they were just basically creamy/white all over, unlike the other ships which would have red or black patterns on the hull.

Same with the M2, but i did like the design of that ship, i just thought it looked too bland and featureless because of it all being just white all over.
Corsair 400c // Intel i7 8700k // H100i v2 // ASUS Maximus X Code // ASUS 1080ti Strix OC // 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz // Samsung 960 Evo 250GB // 960GB SanDisk Ultra II // Corsair RM850i

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 28. Jan 10, 07:54

Yes but in the case of the larger ships they would have their own marines to repair the ship and wouldn't need a dedicated repair ship.
theres several ways you can "fix" that...

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Thu, 28. Jan 10, 08:03

Catra wrote:
theres several ways you can "fix" that...
In that case it would involve the author of the script making modifications himself, OR a new script being made especially for this M7 utility ship.

OR you could just use the same system that works aboard the Goner Mobile Repair Ship!! :D
Corsair 400c // Intel i7 8700k // H100i v2 // ASUS Maximus X Code // ASUS 1080ti Strix OC // 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz // Samsung 960 Evo 250GB // 960GB SanDisk Ultra II // Corsair RM850i

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 28. Jan 10, 08:10

*sigh*

i wasnt hinting at using the script as is, or even putting in terran marines, all i was sayin was "heres a script with docking repairs, cannibilize it for yourself :)"

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Thu, 28. Jan 10, 08:30

Catra wrote:*sigh*

i wasnt hinting at using the script as is, or even putting in terran marines, all i was sayin was "heres a script with docking repairs, cannibilize it for yourself :)"
Exactly, what i meant was you'd need the authors permission to "cannibalize" the script.

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 28. Jan 10, 08:40

amurph0 wrote:
Catra wrote:*sigh*

Exactly, what i meant was you'd need the authors permission to "cannibalize" the script.
theres nothing wrong with looking at it and drawing upon ideas on how to proceed....

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Thu, 28. Jan 10, 16:37

amurph0 wrote: On a different note! Cadius, would you be willing to remodel the USC M1 and TL class ships? I always thought these ships were ugly and didn't quiet match the rest of the USC ships, mostly because they weren't symmetrical and they were just basically creamy/white all over, unlike the other ships which would have red or black patterns on the hull.

Same with the M2, but i did like the design of that ship, i just thought it looked too bland and featureless because of it all being just white all over.
I agree on this point. The USC carrier is OK, but that the Mobile Mining Ship looks exactly like it. It doesn't look like a ship that should be mining.

A modifixation to the OSAKA would be nice.

And the Lifter looks like a flying letter "H" as if it was an afterthought.

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Thu, 28. Jan 10, 20:22

Capital ship docking clamps added and working. Some pics, a Tokyo docking for refueling.
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/2880 ... n00035.png
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/7965/x3screen00036.png
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/7844/x3screen00037.png
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/686/x3screen00038.png
On a different note! Cadius, would you be willing to remodel the USC M1 and TL class ships? I always thought these ships were ugly and didn't quiet match the rest of the USC ships, mostly because they weren't symmetrical and they were just basically creamy/white all over, unlike the other ships which would have red or black patterns on the hull.
I like the USC M1 and M2, I do agree with you on the TL. Both USC TLs don't look capable of carrying their storage space and the Lifter can't dock at stations without ramming through 4 stories of living quarters.

I'll ask Tatakau about the repair script, I also think i would make sense if repair costs resources like hull platings or teladianium. But still I have no scripting knowledge, so at least for the next version you'll just have to play with a little self-control.

GT182
x4

Post by GT182 » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 15:05

Cadius, can your ship pack be used with X3 Terran Conflict? I have it downloaded but I'm only running TC for now.

Thanks for posting pics. These ships look great to me.

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 15:08

GT182 wrote:Cadius, can your ship pack be used with X3 Terran Conflict? I have it downloaded but I'm only running TC for now.

Thanks for posting pics on your sites guy. These ships look great to me.
The ship pack was designed for Terran Conflict. :lol:

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 15:11

Yes.. it is for TC.

Seems Cadius has made a fantastic impact with these models.

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 18:27

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 18:29

Did you check AI capital docking behaviour?
Especially undocking of big ships (Teladi Phoenix or Mammoth) is problematic if you have a closed structure

If it works, well done :)
Last edited by Killjaeden on Sat, 30. Jan 10, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 18:33

now that you mention it, better check with teladi ships. Those things are unreasonably huge. I only checked AI docking with Colossus and Osaka

EDIT: ok... teladi ship captains can't dock without killing themselves. Also can't dock were the superships - #deca/valhalla
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/69/x3screen00047.png
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/7541 ... n00046.png

GT182
x4

Post by GT182 » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 20:41

Thanks for that info Amurph0.

Thanks again Cadius.... amazing work.

Kiviar

Post by Kiviar » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 00:10

Very impressive work. I always hated having to rely on Argon or OTAS TMs.

I've run in to a few minor things however. Whenever a Morrigu enters system the game will pause for for a second or two before it loads. The Lofn does this to a much lesser extent. However this could just be some issue with my computer/video card. When larger fighters are docked on the Lofn, such as the Cutlass, their noses and engines will clip in to each other. I'm unsure if there is a realistic fix for this since the docking clamps seem almost too large with other fighters.

I am looking forward to seeing that new shipyard in game. Anything that reduces the size of Terran stations is great in my book. Those things are several orders of magnitude too large.

Also if you are open to ideas, a Terran equipment dock is another thing that the game is lacking.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 00:42

Whenever a Morrigu enters system the game will pause for for a second or two before it loads.
@Cadius
Make sure your models are in .bob
.bod is much larger and can quadruple the time needed to load a model.

Also make sure that you only export the multimaterial your ship uses, delete all unused before you are going to export. Otherwise it will bloat your file.
And don't forget to remove double entries in the Multimaterial.

I hope you didn't forget to create LODs?
[ external image ]
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 02:58

Make sure your models are in .bob
.bod is much larger and can quadruple the time needed to load a model.
Ah so thats why, ok. Also, whenever I convert to bob it messes the smoothing groups, anyway to fix this?
I hope you didn't forget to create LODs?
How do I do this?

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 10:40

LODs are variants of your models with reduced polycount / details.
They are used in greater distance so that the graphiccard isn't stressed so much.
You can see them if you import an ES body and uncheck the box "highest LOD only" in Dbox.
You will get the base file (shipname)
and 3 LODs (shipname_1; shipname_2; shipname_3)
the higher the number the bigger the polyreduction

LOD 0 = basemesh
LOD 1 = ~ 50% the polycount of the basemesh
LOD 2 = ~ 25%
LOD 3 = ~ 12,5%

No graphic card could handle it if there was a sector full of stations/ships without LOD.

I myself create them by hand because most tools give you extremely bad results (ES LODs are a bad example btw). Not so important on fighters but on stations and capital ships.
[ external image ]

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 21:31

woah making them by hand? sounds like this could take a while. For now though we'll have to make do with unoptimized versions.

Also, new ship!
M7 - Hiroshima Strike Frigate
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/794/ ... n00048.png
http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/1216 ... n00049.png
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/3749 ... n00058.png
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/9878 ... n00060.png

The Hiroshima is the USC's answer to a larger and more aggressive frigate design with a weapon array that rivals the ATF Aegir. Relying heavily mostly on it's forward mounted point singularity projectors, this ship can bring down a massive barrage of firepower on its target from a maximum engagement range and can bring a small array of broadside weapons to bear should the target gets close enough.

Early release if anyone can guess where that design came from..

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”