[SCR] Ring of Fire - Stealth Lasertowers (v2.31 - 29.11.09)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 29. Nov 09, 13:02

Version 2.31 released.

Snap-To distance for gates reduced to 100m.
With non-standard sectors it is now easier to place the ring position and orientation manually.

Snap-to alignment means that the ring is placed 500m sectorwards of the gate.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

jerry7890

Post by jerry7890 » Wed, 9. Dec 09, 07:55

Hi nice script!

Have a problem with v2.31. Placed some stealth LT in TUS1 around East gate.

It renamed them "..LT. West x/y" and placed them behind the gate ~(X+500m) and not ~(X-500m) since it's the East gate and when LT's fire damage gate.

Is this a TUS1 gate problem or just +/- typing error?

Sorry for bad english.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 9. Dec 09, 14:21

The internal messyness of the gates in TC was the reason for v2.31.

In those cases when it doesn't work you don't select the gate but a point 500m "inward".
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

jerry7890

Post by jerry7890 » Thu, 10. Dec 09, 19:54

Tx.

1)Is there a way to add LT to placed RoF? (except remove & place)

I tried to add 10 around the same gate with same options but script started to number them from 01/10.

2)RoF axis orientation other then x,y or z?

If using ship as target can the script use his axis for placement (or will you implement this)?

3) :idea: RoF sphere configuration + MARS drones = sphere around Module in CC or station/dock or sat in pirate sector?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 10. Dec 09, 21:13

1) no

2) no. What other axis than those on the map could properly be defined in game?

3) a tangy shade of mauve

Khensu
x3tc

Post by Khensu » Thu, 10. Dec 09, 21:27

there could be some split axises, like YX, YZ, XY. XZ, ZX, ZY :D

with it we could build a better sphere :D
Sry for my bad english ^^"

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 10. Dec 09, 22:17

You can only build a perfect sphere while using a single axis. Any of them.

Using several axis for the same sphere invariably creates overlap and therefore imperfection.

Khensu
x3tc

Post by Khensu » Thu, 10. Dec 09, 22:32

then plz make a sphere version or let us have more variants so we can build an imperfect but almost sphere :D

haveing more axises would make building more fun, now you can make 3 circles lap each other or make a "cube", but with more dimensions we could do things like an "tetrahedron"

jerry7890

Post by jerry7890 » Fri, 11. Dec 09, 16:29

Hi sorry for bad english.
What other axis than those on the map could properly be defined in game?
Many gates a displaced in TC like the E gate in TUS1 it is on ~(30km,0,5km) coordinates and its axis point to ~(0,0,0), also one of the KingdomEnds gate and so on...
The axis is for ring plasement only for sphere you need only a point.

For ship axis i was thinking to place the ship at the gate and orient it to point the gate center than place RoF around the ship, or in path of comerce trafic which is mostly pl.WG-SG or WG-NG.

I hope you understand my english and the idea.

PS: I picked up some ship command from some script ShipOrientation and ShipCoordinates run from command slot, probably Dusty's FCC or your CC.

Khensu
x3tc

Post by Khensu » Fri, 11. Dec 09, 16:43

jerry7890 wrote:pl.WG-SG or WG-NG.
yeah thats a great idea I think, a nex axis could be a line between two gates, so we could build a ring on a trade lane :)

jerry7890

Post by jerry7890 » Fri, 11. Dec 09, 17:19

Mostly i had this for temporary solution, until Egosoft fix gate data in TC.

As i wrote
It renamed them "..LT. West x/y"
for the East gate.
It means for me that RoF reads the Egosoft data for the gate placement and orientation.

For trade lines it kind of pointless when you place RoF around the gates.

The sphere could be useful against jumping khaak's or AI using Lucike JumpBeacon's, but could cause traffic accidents with autopilok when docking :)

Khensu
x3tc

Post by Khensu » Fri, 11. Dec 09, 18:40

I would use a sphere in a khaak or xenon sector anyways, so there who cares if they are in the way? :D

jerry7890

Post by jerry7890 » Fri, 11. Dec 09, 19:23

Gazz i found this tutorial: http://www.xenotaph.net/lib_pdf/galaxy_hacking_x3tc.pdf from Chealec

Gate object:
x,y,z-center of gate
a,b,g(alfa,beta,gamma) - angles of rotation [0-65536] = [0-360grad] entry or exit vector

gate axis coordinates(x,y,z,a,b,g) it can be used to calculate the exact placement of RoF but i dont remember the 3d math, must find the old books furst :oops:

nman
x3tc

Post by nman » Wed, 20. Jan 10, 10:08

So is the OOS for the Stealth LT's functional? In your original post, you say it is, but later on you say that, as of 2.1, it is still sucky. However, your OP is edited, dated after 2.5, so I'd take that to mean it works, but your update posts don't mention 2.5.

Also, if it can't work right OOS, is there any way to just have your SLT never decloak when OOS?

But I like this mod idea. I know that 20 LT's can take an M7 down in seconds, so a ring of, say, 80, around the gate leading to my complex would seem to give absolute area denial. Just have to save up, build a complex to feed 25 LT factories, and start pumping out the pain machines:lol:

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 20. Jan 10, 12:04

I think it works now but OOS combat will always be completely whacky unless the new beta code for OOS combat ever goes live.

Then OOS combat may not be perfect but at least dependable. A weapons with 2x the DPS would do 2x the damage...

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Wed, 20. Jan 10, 16:25

Only if you and Pelador would bang heads. You could come up with the Ring deployed from OSS by drones. I believe each of Pelador drones carries 6 towers and a Nav Sat.. Maybe a new version of the turrent drones - mark3. Remove the nav sat, add the stealth and deploy.

Add grouping so if you deploy 60 drones to a location, then you get the 360 lasertowers in the ring.
If you used 1 drone then you get a ring of 6 Lasertowers.

FreudianSlip172
x3tc

Post by FreudianSlip172 » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 07:50

I'm having a little difficulty convincing my new RoF LT's to decloak. I've got 50 of them set around a pretty high-traffic Paranid gate, and they are indeed set to "foe" globally. I've set the range to 12,000 m.

If I "set decloak" and force them to be visible, then they do engage as designed. But when I turn "set cloak" back on, they simply aren't engaging passing targets.

Am I doing something incorrectly? I'm enjoying the LT's even if they don't become invisible, though, fun script regardless. 8)

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 12:12

I think they always use the current FF setting of the Playership. I didn't want potentially hundreds of invisible LT constantly updating their FF settings to default. (which is not a simple instruction with them not being owned by the player at the time)

rbettele
x2

Post by rbettele » Thu, 5. Aug 10, 11:09

FreudianSlip172 wrote:I'm having a little difficulty convincing my new RoF LT's to decloak. I've got 50 of them set around a pretty high-traffic Paranid gate, and they are indeed set to "foe" globally. I've set the range to 12,000 m.

If I "set decloak" and force them to be visible, then they do engage as designed. But when I turn "set cloak" back on, they simply aren't engaging passing targets.

Am I doing something incorrectly? I'm enjoying the LT's even if they don't become invisible, though, fun script regardless. 8)
I'm having the exact same problem. It is something to do with the cloaking.
I have a save several minutes before some pirates come through a gate.
I load the save and deploy a ROF on the gate with microchips so it cloaks, the pirates then sail through and nothing happens.
I re-load the save, deploy the same ROF but without the chips so they dont cloak and indeed they shoot the cr@p out of the pirates as they come through! Cloak doesn't seem to be working???

Superbun270

Post by Superbun270 » Fri, 6. Aug 10, 16:05

Gazz wrote:I think they always use the current FF setting of the Playership. I didn't want potentially hundreds of invisible LT constantly updating their FF settings to default. (which is not a simple instruction with them not being owned by the player at the time)
@rbettele: check the FOF settings of your ship

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”