[MOD] EmptySpace No more Fog, Nebulae, Motion Dust

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mytharox
x4

[MOD] EmptySpace No more Fog, Nebulae, Motion Dust

Post by Mytharox » Sun, 22. Nov 09, 22:53

This is my first Mod. After flying around in X3 TC I noticed how cluttered space was, compared to those videos I know from the space shuttle and such. Although I did sometimes like the localized fog in earlier X versions, for me this motion dust and sector wide fog was to much.

So I compiled a little mod:
- No more motion particles.
- No more fog.
- Increased Visibility.

So there won't be buildings appearing just a few feet away from you from the fog. And when you fly faster or slower, the only way to tell will be your on board equipment or the speed you see a building heading towards you.

V1.1 For X3 TC 2.5 No Fog, No Nebulae, No Motion Dust, Increased Visibility.
http://wonders.mine.nu/upload/EmptySpace_V1_01.rar
V1.0 For X3 TC 2.5 No Fog, No Nebulae, Increased Visibility.
http://wonders.mine.nu/upload/NoFog_NoNebulae_V1.rar

This is my first posted mod here on the forum, so if anyone has questions or suggestions how I could improve it or if I did something wrong please let me know.

And I hope it will be of some use to people of course :)
Last edited by Mytharox on Sun, 22. Nov 09, 23:58, edited 3 times in total.

dragondream
x3tc

Post by dragondream » Sun, 22. Nov 09, 23:06

Sounds like an awesome mod. I might just download it later on :D ... It definitely beats going through The Hole having to search the whole sector looking for the East or West Gate :) . Not too sure about removing the motion particles, I kinda liked them, but for the rest sounds like an awesome mod.

Mytharox
x4

Post by Mytharox » Sun, 22. Nov 09, 23:13

Thanks, if you are bothered by the lack of motion particles, I could just add another mod with the motion particles enabled.

spacefueladdict
x3tc

Post by spacefueladdict » Mon, 23. Nov 09, 00:01

Are all your sectors particle free? I found that varying the density of said particles from sector to sector makes it more interesting rather than having it all or nothing. :)

Mytharox
x4

Post by Mytharox » Mon, 23. Nov 09, 00:07

I just uploaded the one with just No Fog, No Nebulae, Yes Particles.

When you install them they add a new Cat/Dat file with a changed TBackgrounds.txt As I didn't write a Mod for others before, I hope that was the correct way. At least it will be easy to reverse if you want to get rid of it later ;)

For myself, I think I'll use one with no or very very few particles, most likely varying in the different sectors, I'll just experiment a bit to what I personally like best :)

Right now I am flying around with the EmptySpace mod and for me personally it feels a lot more space like, no more grainy dust swooping by.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Mon, 23. Nov 09, 01:33

Heh... I knew someone would do this sooner or later and my patience in waiting for it payed off great to get this :D

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Sun, 17. Jan 10, 05:58

thank you! game looks much better now. makes me wonder why egosoft puts that junk in there.
SeagateBarracuda320GB 7200 SATA
LIANLI PC-7B plus II MidTower
EVGA GeForce8800GTX 768MB
Intel Core2Duo E6600Conroe 2.4GHz
CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
WDRaptor 150GB 10,000 RPM
EVGAnforce SLI 680imobo

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 17. Jan 10, 09:09

Too add atmosphere.
compared to those videos I know from the space shuttle and such.
Probably because Earth isn't locacted in a dusty nebula. :wink:

Sorry, didn't mean to put down your mod. :lol:
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

aquemnun

Post by aquemnun » Mon, 18. Jan 10, 14:49

just to be awkward can I ask how you could do the opposite of 1.0: everything left as it is but with no motion particles.

thanks in advance

AQ
There once was a buggy AI
who decided her subject must die
when the plot was uncovered,
the subject discovered
that sadly the cake was a lie.

Mytharox
x4

Post by Mytharox » Tue, 19. Jan 10, 00:44

EmperorJon wrote:Too add atmosphere.
compared to those videos I know from the space shuttle and such.
Probably because Earth isn't locacted in a dusty nebula. :wink:

Sorry, didn't mean to put down your mod. :lol:
No offence taken :)

But just for your info, in our galaxy, inside a very dense nebula, there are about only about 10.000 or so particles in a cubic cm.
In the air we breathe are about 30,000,000,000,000,000,000 particles per cm3 and we can still see through it. It means the visibility inside even the most dense nebula is better then what we have here on earth ;) The only reason we can see the nebulae is because they are so big and we are so far away. If we would be inside one you would probably look right through it.

To aquemnun:
Currently I am not making new mods for X3 anymore, to many other things to do at the moment...

To the others:
Thanks for letting me know you liked the mod, glad I posted it here then ;)

aquemnun

Post by aquemnun » Tue, 19. Jan 10, 09:23

Currently I am not making new mods for X3 anymore, to many other things to do at the moment...
What I was asking was if you knew or remembered which particle the motion particle was :lol: , if not it doesnt matter and thanks anyway =P
the subject discovered

Mytharox
x4

Post by Mytharox » Tue, 19. Jan 10, 22:45

aquemnun wrote:
What I was asking was if you knew or remembered which particle the motion particle was :lol: , if not it doesnt matter and thanks anyway =P
From memory, I think it was the value 'Number of Particles' in TBackgrounds. When that is lowered or 0 the motion particles should be gone. It can be set per sector. So to remove it from the entire galaxy all 80 or so different sectors will have to have their value changed.

aquemnun

Post by aquemnun » Wed, 20. Jan 10, 09:42

excellent. Thank you =D
the subject discovered

Dante1983
x3tc

Post by Dante1983 » Fri, 22. Jan 10, 15:45

Hallo. First cool idea that nebulae was annoying.
But the Nofog nonebulae doesnt work cause the tbackgrounds.txt is in 10.cat\types\types and not in 10.cat\types.
Empty Space works fine. Thanks.
Ich bin nicht verrückt. Da sind sich alle Stimmen in meinem Kopf einig. :lol:

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Post by Greyhawk1 » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 02:07

How do you install this ? oO noob to modding...

lamoyja
x3tc

Post by lamoyja » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 02:19

Just want to say...

I love being able to see in Boron sectors. Considering the npc ships aren't affected by the fog, I love the fact that I can now see in it as well.

Random patches are cool and all to hide pirate stations in. But bumping into a trading dock makes no sense to me. Why would you put a trading dock in a sector where no one will see it? Baffles the mind.

Thanks for this great mod.

edit: look in the stickies for cycrows plugin manager lite. Download and install that. Once thats installed, you just need to select your games directory in that program, and then you can double click these SPK files to install automatically.

This mod and the cockpit mods are probably 2 of the 5 or so mods that I can't really be without in any x3tc campaign I start.

AdamChobits

Post by AdamChobits » Tue, 9. Feb 10, 02:27

Thank you very much for this mod.

Boron are my favorite race, but it kinda bothered me that damn green nebulaes not allowing to enjoy their sectors.

It amazes me that everytime I come to this forum I find out a new and very useful script. Thanks!

AdamChobits

Post by AdamChobits » Tue, 9. Feb 10, 02:57

Dante1983 wrote:Hallo. First cool idea that nebulae was annoying.
But the Nofog nonebulae doesnt work cause the tbackgrounds.txt is in 10.cat\types\types and not in 10.cat\types.
Empty Space works fine. Thanks.
That's my problem with this mod too... I cannot use the nofog no nebulae one... :(

Spectacle
x3tc

Post by Spectacle » Thu, 15. Dec 11, 18:56

Any chance of seeing this mod updated for Albion Prelude? :)

Ducci
x3tc

Post by Ducci » Wed, 21. Dec 11, 21:22

I tried using this with Immersive Environments, PSCO1's cockpits, engine trails and with this enabled I can't see any stations.

Edit: Fix'd. Seems like you need a restart once you install each mod oO.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”