[script] HKP Transponder Interface v3 (25 Aug 2009) *Critical Update*

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

chaosras
x3tc

[script] HKP Transponder Interface v3 (25 Aug 2009) *Critical Update*

Post by chaosras » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 04:18

Introducing Hard Knight Productions, Inc. Transponder Interface Software!

Installing these scripts will create an accessible command from the ships Additional Commands menu for the HKP Transponder Interface.

What this command does:
Issuing this command will cause the commanded ship to attempt to establish communication with station long range transponders in their current sector. This command requires the Navigation Command MK1 software to be installed on the issuing ship. The command also requires and consumes 5 Energy Cells to power the transponder burst. Stations not hostile to the user will communicate their position, which your ship computer will then be able to map. Note that pirate bases, no matter how friendly to the user, do not use transponders (for obvious reasons).

Download Instructions:
Follow the link below to download file, then simply extract the files into your X3:TC installation directory, leaving the directory structure of the zip file intact. Overwrite any existing files (no game files used).

HKP_Station_Transponder_v3.zip
Current Version: 3 (25 August 2009)

Resources used:
{COMMAND_TYPE_SHIP_46}
{PageID/t-file 9350}*

*Common to all HKP script upgrades
Last edited by chaosras on Tue, 25. Aug 09, 18:59, edited 5 times in total.
Space Cowboy - http://www.myspace.com/hardknight

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be
lost in time, like tears in rain."
- R. Batty

HKP Transponder Interface Software
HKP Enhanced Missile Barrage

chaosras
x3tc

Post by chaosras » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 04:19

Version history:

v1 (12 Aug 2009)
  • Public release
v2 (21 Aug 2009)
  • Sector check added to ship
    Mapped station names added to logfile
v3 (25 Aug 2009)
  • Setup file to load t-file included
    Moved all UI text to t-file
    5 Ecell consumption implemented
Last edited by chaosras on Tue, 25. Aug 09, 19:02, edited 3 times in total.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be
- R. Batty

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 23:53

Dude, neat idea.

chaosras
x3tc

Post by chaosras » Fri, 14. Aug 09, 15:32

Thanks!!

And I have a question to anyone in the know. I'd like to include jumpgates in the sectors as well, but not those that are intended to be 'hidden'. I don't suppose there is a flag or something that EGOSOFT has set on gates that are supposed to be lost or hidden?

My intention with this script is to make extensive exploration of a sector a choice instead of a necessary and sometime laborious task.

- R. Batty

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Fri, 14. Aug 09, 15:42

I suppose you might just make every gate leading to an Unknown sector hidden and the rest - visible. That way, unknown sectors still need you exploration ,and other, named sectors, obviously have been discovered before anyway.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 14. Aug 09, 17:07

Yeah, I see what you might want to do with hidden gates, chaosras, but given your explanation for your intentions with this script, it might defeat the purpose. If someone's not into exploring, or mapping every known square inch of a sector, they're probably never going to find these hidden gates. Or, if they want to find these hidden gates, they're going to have to do wide sweeps of the sector anyway, thus eliminating the benefit of the station revealing nature of the script.

Those gates, by the way, are just gates. They're just far away from the center of the system, is all. No flags.

chaosras
x3tc

Post by chaosras » Fri, 14. Aug 09, 20:18

X2-Eliah wrote:I suppose you might just make every gate leading to an Unknown sector hidden and the rest - visible. That way, unknown sectors still need you exploration ,and other, named sectors, obviously have been discovered before anyway.
Yeah this is a decent idea, however there are some gates leading to places other than 'Unknown' sectors that are intended to require some searching to find.
Litcube wrote: ... Or, if they want to find these hidden gates, they're going to have to do wide sweeps of the sector anyway, thus eliminating the benefit of the station revealing nature of the script. ...
Well, adding ANY gate mapping to the scripts will only enhance the benefit of the script. Not adding gates that are meant to be searched for shouldn't detract from whats already there. :)

- R. Batty

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Sat, 15. Aug 09, 03:44

This is one of those must-have addons

Great idea dude, this is very realistic
Rawr.

chaosras
x3tc

Post by chaosras » Sat, 22. Aug 09, 01:37

Updated to version 2. Main change is information added. Will now log the mapped stations to the log file.

Enjoy!

- R. Batty

amirite

Post by amirite » Sun, 23. Aug 09, 02:57

Yep, awesome idea, I'm on-board. I would suggest though that this have some kind of resource cost associated with it. Maybe just a couple hundred energy cells?
-TEVE

chaosras
x3tc

Post by chaosras » Tue, 25. Aug 09, 19:07

Update to v3 is now available. THIS IS A CRITICAL UPDATE!!

Prior release did not include the setup file to load the t-file. Messages to the logfile might have looked funky if the t-file had not already been loaded by my other script release (HKP Missile Barrage).

Note that a 5 Energy Cell consumption has also been added (based on the amount of Ecells used by a small ship jumping across the sector).

This will be the final release, barring any bug finds and fixes. Enjoy!

- R. Batty

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 00:59

Nice idea. Now let me see if i can break it ;0
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

Kittani

Post by Kittani » Thu, 7. Jan 10, 03:29

Should add this as an option in the explorer software, kind of like

...Explore Sector (free)
...Use Transponder Beacon (5 ECell)

Also... pirates may not have transponders... but I bet they have antennas that listen for them... if used in a sector with a pirate base the player using the broadcast should attract a little unintended attention. :twisted:
=======================
In Space, noone can hear you scream....

chaosras
x3tc

Post by chaosras » Sat, 16. Jan 10, 19:42

Kittani wrote:Should add this as an option in the explorer software, kind of like

...Explore Sector (free)
...Use Transponder Beacon (5 ECell)

Also... pirates may not have transponders... but I bet they have antennas that listen for them... if used in a sector with a pirate base the player using the broadcast should attract a little unintended attention. :twisted:
Interesting ideas. I may look into something like that if I can break away from Dragon Age at some point LOL.

- R. Batty

Zalioth
x4

Post by Zalioth » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 23:07

It doesn't work for me... v2.7, and SCR script pack installed.

chaosras
x3tc

Post by chaosras » Sat, 7. Aug 10, 20:23

Zalioth wrote:It doesn't work for me... v2.7, and SCR script pack installed.
Huh... well I haven't actually played since v2.5. I will review the updates and see if anything jumps out at me, though it would surprise me if any changes made actually conflicted with these scripts.

- R. Batty

ptb_ptb

Post by ptb_ptb » Fri, 9. Nov 12, 21:43

It worked just fine for me (Vanilla AP with Cycrow's Cheat Collection Package).

Just noting that here so the last post in the thread is a positive one. :lol:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”