New X3TC guide

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

K-64
x3tc

New X3TC guide

Post by K-64 » Fri, 8. Jan 10, 20:57

After quite some time of collaboration, me and Technojerk36 have finished our guide for X3: Terran Conflict, it's been designed with brand new players of the X universe in mind and comes with all the necessary information required to get started and good hints to get successful even faster.

The inspiration of this guide was knowing how the new players feel, being thrown into a new world with no direction or bearings. We wanted to correct that, and this guide was the result. The main features of the guide include:

Pre Start

Introducing Useful Controls
The Ship Classes
Race Ship Characteristics
Getting Acquainted with the Interface
Useful Gameplay Options

Starting Gameplay

Getting Bearings
Mission Types and Descriptions
Basic Trading Strategy
Basic Combat Strategy
Useful Upgrades

Early Expansion

Buying New Ships
Creating a (Successful) Empire
Exploring the Universe

Anyway, enough about me going on about the guide, and actually telling you where to get it, you can find the download of it below

Filedropper download:
[ external image ]

Direct link, courtesy of mrbadger:
[ external image ]

Filefront download:
[ external image ]

I hope this helps you, and your fledgeling empire! I would also like to take a moment to graciously thank Technojerk36 who helped a tremendous amount with this project and made this possible
Last edited by K-64 on Wed, 5. May 10, 17:42, edited 2 times in total.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Fri, 8. Jan 10, 21:16

This is the guide you sent to me ages ago to check!

Oh, damn... erm. Well, look, sorry. I was busy, it was a good guide, but I didn't have time to check it all, then I forgot who had made it so I couldn't tell them I couldn't 'review' it... then I forgot it completely... :oops:
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Fri, 8. Jan 10, 21:58

Ghost of guides past :P
My "for Dummies" guides: Trade Command Software Mk III | Advanced Satellites | X3: TC (Co-author: K-64) | SETA Repair
Xenon_Slayer wrote:maybe we'll have extreme weather pingpong at some point

K-64
x3tc

Post by K-64 » Fri, 8. Jan 10, 22:21

EmperorJon wrote:This is the guide you sent to me ages ago to check!

Oh, damn... erm. Well, look, sorry. I was busy, it was a good guide, but I didn't have time to check it all, then I forgot who had made it so I couldn't tell them I couldn't 'review' it... then I forgot it completely... :oops:
Don't worry about it, if you were busy then it can't be helped. It could've been worse, you could've forgotten to do whatever you were busy doing :lol:

jonbuttle
x3tc

Post by jonbuttle » Fri, 8. Jan 10, 22:54

excellent stuff :D definatly stickie material!

Took me a while to read but it all looks good to me should be good for new players and probably some vetrans too :wink: (me! :D ive played since X2)

Again congratulations to you both!
Trade - Fight - Build - Think - Guess Randomly...

Cyricist
x3tc

Post by Cyricist » Sat, 9. Jan 10, 00:57

Great stuff guys. Solid advice and some very good schematics and such :)

Will help noobs a lot!
andymac wrote:Bravery is directly correlated to shield and hull capacity.
Keep your friends close, and your enemies even closer!... Except of course for Khaak... You want to stay as far away from them as possible...

Reaper7
x3

Post by Reaper7 » Sat, 9. Jan 10, 02:14

Link is not found. Any chance of a reupload. :wink:

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sat, 9. Jan 10, 02:38

Nice guide. If you want I'll host it free without any of that filedropper stuff. PM me to discuss it.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Xander Cade
x3tc

Post by Xander Cade » Sat, 9. Jan 10, 06:01

Since it's got spoilers anyway, I would suggest that many new players would find the location of a certain derelict Toucan to be very helpful. Getting, and selling, that thing was the first thing I did in every game of X3:R and it was the first thing I did now in X3:TC (although I haven't sold it yet). No need to give the locations of all the derelicts, just mention how many there are, but that Toucan is a life-saver when you're broke at the start of any game.

Otherwise, was a good read and will be very helpful for newbies (I've been playing since X2 so didn't get a whole lot out of it, despite only getting TC yesterday, but there were a couple of things I didn't know).

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Sat, 9. Jan 10, 06:14

Reaper7 wrote:Link is not found. Any chance of a reupload. :wink:
Hmmm it seems to work fine for me. But anyways filedropper was temporary download location until Filefront approved the guide.

Try here.
Xander Cade wrote:Since it's got spoilers anyway, I would suggest that many new players would find the location of a certain derelict Toucan to be very helpful. Getting, and selling, that thing was the first thing I did in every game of X3:R and it was the first thing I did now in X3:TC (although I haven't sold it yet). No need to give the locations of all the derelicts, just mention how many there are, but that Toucan is a life-saver when you're broke at the start of any game.

Otherwise, was a good read and will be very helpful for newbies (I've been playing since X2 so didn't get a whole lot out of it, despite only getting TC yesterday, but there were a couple of things I didn't know).
Thanks for the tip, I'll check with K-64 then try to fit that in.
My "for Dummies" guides: Trade Command Software Mk III | Advanced Satellites | X3: TC (Co-author: K-64) | SETA Repair
Xenon_Slayer wrote:maybe we'll have extreme weather pingpong at some point

festa_freak
x3tc

Post by festa_freak » Sat, 9. Jan 10, 08:10

I cleaned out my drawers during Christmas and I found about 4 pages I printed off after I installed X3: Reunion for the 3rd time. I was determined to learn this behemoth and start to get somewhere in the game.

It explained the first few story missions and had a lot of the things you have in your guide. Simple things that we veterans take for granted.

I salute you and all those who have made guides of every kind for the X community. I still consult guides although now I mostly look at complex and station building guides, but still...

I appreciate all your hard work! Something like it got me into one of my top 5 games ever!

EDIT: Just read about the toucan and link.

I just downloaded it and it worked for me. One of the biggest things that helped me was being forced to get in my Mercury and get selling E-cells. It taught me how the economy worked and how to find the best places to buy/sell. If we give new players a ship, they still need to learn how to trade properly. I know you talk about that in your guide, but that is my feeling.

zyriel
x4

Post by zyriel » Sat, 9. Jan 10, 09:27

very nice work!

Mr-Ten-Percent
x4

Post by Mr-Ten-Percent » Sat, 9. Jan 10, 13:43

Good Guide Chaps.
Should get a place in the stickies hopefully.
Well Done.
Intel Core i5 4670k@4.4Ghz, Asus AMD R9 290 Direct CU, MSI G45 Gaming Motherboard, 2x4GB GSkill TridentX 2400mhz DDR 3 , 500GB Samsung Evo SSD, 2Tb Seagate HDD, Creative Z Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 9. Jan 10, 18:04

EmperorJon wrote

Oh, damn... erm. Well, look, sorry. I was busy, it was a good guide, but I didn't have time to check it all, then I forgot who had made it so I couldn't tell them I couldn't 'review' it... then I forgot it completely... Embarassed
Life at the top :!: Should have got your Palace Secretary to do the job for you.Then all you'd have to do is put your Royal Seal on it. :roll:
.....................................................................................................

I have downloaded and will read later.
If you wish I will include a link in my tutorial,since mine is mainly trade,whereas yours deals in many other aspects as well. :?:

K-64
x3tc

Post by K-64 » Sat, 9. Jan 10, 18:25

That would be great, if you feel it would help with your tutorial

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 9. Jan 10, 19:32

TTD, you know perfectly well that I recently wiped out most of my minions. You just can't get the staff anymore...

I mean, look at my desk! I have to have a button just to call for more! It's preposterous! My desk is actually rather bare... just the 2 most essential objects:

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx22 ... 1263061901

I'm really getting the hang of the internet malarkey...

'Butler! Butler! I've forgotten how to post!'

'Hello!?'

*PRESSES BUTTON*

'I WANT MORE MINIONS!' :fg:
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 9. Jan 10, 19:38

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where do you get those buttons :?:
I need one sometimes :!:

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 9. Jan 10, 22:08

The BIG RED BUTTON SHOP of course! They don't have branched down south though... :roll: :lol:
______
______

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 9. Jan 10, 22:14

O I'll look for it next time I'm near your water-clock in the multi-story...if it's still there.

Back on topic...I have put the link in my tutorial this evening.Thanks.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”