Is there an X3TC Trade MK3 noob guide? If not, wanna volunteer?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

perkint
x3tc

Is there an X3TC Trade MK3 noob guide? If not, wanna volunteer?

Post by perkint » Tue, 5. Jan 10, 21:38

Hi folks,

In a thread the other day, someone was asking for a noob guide to using the Trade MK3 software (ST/LT/UT). I had a quick dig and couldn't find one (and there isn't one in the main sticky).

Now there are a few people who've kindly done noob guides for various things recently - do any of them feel like doing another, and getting it added to the sticky?

I'll do one when I get time (if someone else doesn't beat me to it) but there are people out there who are probably quicker and better at such things, than me :P

Or could that just be less lazy :oops:

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Tue, 5. Jan 10, 21:41

Yeh, go on.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Tue, 5. Jan 10, 21:45

I would but I'm currently working a different guide at the moment.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Tue, 5. Jan 10, 22:06

Check spoiler forum now! Busy so unfinished...
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

CHAZZ
x3tc

Post by CHAZZ » Tue, 5. Jan 10, 22:15

Until you find something better, you might use the old X2 MK3 software guide, obviously by Ticaki:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=55213

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Tue, 5. Jan 10, 22:32

I proudly present:

Trade Command Software Mk III for Dummies!

Introduction:
TCS Mk III basically adds 2 commands, Start Sector Trader and Start Universe Trader. Or as Professor Fit S. Pro of the Profit Guild aptly describes it, "Profitsss".
Please note that this is a "for Dummies" guide. If you want a more organized and/or descriptive guide, check the links section of this guide. (i.e. Scroll down you dummy!) :P

The Basics:
A Sector trader looks for wares in their assigned sector that are selling below average. If he finds a ware that is selling below average price, he will check if there is a selling place in the same assigned sector that is buying that specific ware for an above average or average price. If both conditions are met, you can expect your bank account to become a few credits richer!

Sector Traders gain levels based on how much profit they make. As they gain levels they learn new skills. (Eg. Using the JD, selling below average and still making a profit, not doing the same trade run as other STs in the same sector, docking at a shipyard for repairs, etc, etc).

After reaching level 6, when choosing the begin Sector Trader command, you are asked for a jump range. This sets if and how many sectors away a ST (which is now called a Local Trader) can move. (Ie a jump range of 1 means that your ST can also trade in any of the sectors that are adjacent to it's assigned sector. This generally means more profitsss.
When a LT (or an ST if you decided to confine your trader to one sector) reaches level 8, you can choose to begin Universe trader. This is basically the same thing as the Sector Trader except the trader traverses the entire universe in search of good deals.

Whatever it might seem like, don't forget that this is trading, not magic, so it might take sometime for the credits to start rolling in. Also, some less experienced pilots might pickup more than they can sell, so you might have to manually get rid of wares sometimes. Oh and don't ever forget that you need credits to make credits! Without credits in your bank account how is the trader supposed to buy the wares? Try to keep at least 100k in your account at all times per ST for them to be effective.

Setting up a ST:
What you need:
A TS,TP,TM,M3,M6 or M4 class ship. (TS works the best)
Trade Command Software Mk III (available at some Teladi EQDs and the Terracorp HQ in Home of Light)

What is recommended:
Engine tunings
Max Shielding

Open up the ship's command console and select trade. Then select Start Sector Trader. After that choose a sector and watch the profitsss roll in! (Empire's Edge, Queen's Space and Power Circle are generally regarded as a very good training grounds for STs).

Setting up a ST should cost you around a million. 500k for TCS Mk III, 300k for the freighter and 200k as starting capital.

Links:

A more detailed guide here.
The most detailed guide ever (i.e. a Dev wrote it) here.

May the profitsss be with you.

Special thanks to perknit for the extra training sectors.

© 2010 AceTech.
Last edited by Technojerk36 on Wed, 6. Jan 10, 06:23, edited 3 times in total.
My "for Dummies" guides: Trade Command Software Mk III | Advanced Satellites | X3: TC (Co-author: K-64) | SETA Repair
Xenon_Slayer wrote:maybe we'll have extreme weather pingpong at some point

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Wed, 6. Jan 10, 00:53

Cheers Technojerk36.

Might be worth leaving it a day or two, see what feedback you get (eg more suggested good training sectors like Queen's Space or Power Circle) and then saving it into a doc/pdf/rtf or starting it's own thread. You can then get it linked into the resource sticky, if you wanted - everlasting fame :P

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Wed, 6. Jan 10, 06:10

:D Thanks.

I don't really think this guide is sticky material though. I didn't even mention the price of TCS Mk III. :P I'll add some things soon though, I'm kinda busy right now.
My "for Dummies" guides: Trade Command Software Mk III | Advanced Satellites | X3: TC (Co-author: K-64) | SETA Repair

squidoutofguam
x3ap

Post by squidoutofguam » Mon, 31. May 10, 11:34

I have 3 sector traders in maxxed out mercury tankers and all at level 8 or above. They don't go into neighboring sectors. Now I was never prompted to change jump range and have not set it due to disastrous results from the first attempt (I lost some money and then the ship just stood by).

What am I doing wrong or not doing?

I am running TC version 2.5 with the bonus pack installed.

Thanks,

Squid

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Mon, 31. May 10, 12:06

You have to reissue the command to get the option to set jumprange.

Khift

Post by Khift » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 22:12

I would like to state that I've found Ore Belt to be an amazing spot to train UTs as well. Two power plants to buy E-Cells from, two mines plus a factory to sell them to, two mines to buy Ore from, and a factory plus the Plutarch HQ to sell it to. The STs I've told to train in Ore Belt have always outleveled any other STs I've had going.

I also like Lucky Planets; two ore mines, two silicon mines, and 4 factories all in one spot. Sometimes the traders get stuck with a load of silicon, though, because only one of the factories use it.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 22:58

Nice one. A couple of minor points though:
Bah Humbug wrote:What is recommended:
Engine tunings
Max Shielding
Turning tunings are a good idea unless the AI can use the docking computer, but not so essential that you need them immediately. 25MJ /total/ shielding is the minimum required for UT (you can make it up with many smaller shields if you can't get hold of 25MJ shields)

You may want to add that the AI can use the jumpdrive (emergency jump setting) & mosquito missile defence even before they have the trainings, but won't restock missiles or ecells automatically until the training levels up.

Others have mentioned about restarting the command to change from ST/LT/UT
After reaching level 6, [...]This generally means more profitsss.
This will continue training until L20
[...]Universe trader. This is basically the same thing as the Sector Trader except the trader traverses the entire universe in search of good deals.
I'd suggest '.. the trader /will eventually/ traverse the entire universe..' once he's trained up to the maximum L25

A pure ST left on 0 sectors will only train up to L10. The UT will automatically buy a jumpdrive at (IIRC) L12 or above (you can't prevent this with a UT) at +50% cost price
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”