[PROGRAM] X Plugin Manager : V1.87 : 2024-01-06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

AlphaSpecies

Post by AlphaSpecies » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 18:08

Hi,

is it possible, that the manager messes with custom wares? Because most wares added by scripts, like those from the AHD-script are way overpriced (several tens of millions).
What was interesting is that when i did a clean install step by step to check which script may have caused this, the prices were fine until after the last script/mod/fake patch had been installed i closed the plugin manager (yes, i started the x3tc client with the manager still open while testing, a mistake).

And yes, i have a ton of scripts and mods installed, so one of that might still be the cause, but it only appeared after a fresh install using the lite plugin manager instead of the old one.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 19:31

which custom wares are these, are they just the built in ones or the emp wares ?

the plugin manager shouldn't mess with the prices for them

AlphaSpecies

Post by AlphaSpecies » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 23:19

The AHD-script uses these: SS_WARE_SW_NEW18, SS_WARE_SW_NEW19, SS_WARE_SW_NEW20 (price adjusted)

But i'm fairly sure that other ones are affected too, for example your boarding transporter extension from improved boarding is around 46 Mio, which doesnt seem that correct.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Wed, 30. Dec 09, 17:17

Just a quick word of warning to Windows 7 users.

Windows 7 has a problem when copying over files with the same name. Especially if you copy paste a file with the same name to update a file for example.

This problem will occure using the plugin manager but is more frequent when extracting zipped up files. The file details in the explorer window will say the file has been updated but if you check the contents of the file you will find you still have the old file.

You can delete the file, empty your recycle bin, restart your computer, copy the new file to the old location and it will show the new file attributes BUT, will be a copy of the old file.

A solution i found was to copy the new file with a different name (just temp rename it) onto the folder and then rename it back after you have it in the folder, sounds strange but it works.

I ran into this problem and have had no responce as to a solution from Microsoft as yet. Apparently Windows 7 RC (the Release Candidate) is bad for it.

Hope this helps if your having problems and your running Windows 7.

MarCon

pepperg
x3tc

which x3 program manager to use?

Post by pepperg » Mon, 4. Jan 10, 05:18

i noticed i had lite v1 and another version (can't remember the version info, but it wasn't lite)...uninstalled both, and wonder which one is preferrable
SeagateBarracuda320GB 7200 SATA
LIANLI PC-7B plus II MidTower
EVGA GeForce8800GTX 768MB
Intel Core2Duo E6600Conroe 2.4GHz
CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
WDRaptor 150GB 10,000 RPM
EVGAnforce SLI 680imobo

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Mon, 4. Jan 10, 05:22

ps- just reinstalled lite v1 and got a message that x3tc is being controlled by old version of plugin manager, but i have already deleted that version of the plugin manager, so not sure why i would receive this message
EVGAnforce SLI 680imobo

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Mon, 4. Jan 10, 10:24

How about asking that in the plugin manger's thread? ;)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 4. Jan 10, 17:32

the Plugin Manager Lite in this sticky is the latest version, and you should be using that.

the message that you get is just telling you that theres data files left from the old plugin manager, and that they will no longer be valid.

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Mon, 4. Jan 10, 22:56

thanks

my x3tc game continues to freeze and then crash upon loading into the in-game options menu. here's the description of the problem, in case you suspect it might be due to some sort of pluginmanager/script-related problem:

the game boots to the main game screen options menu (past the egosoft launcher in windows), locks up and then crashes.
i suspect that having 2 versions of x plugin manager (lite v1 and another version) might have been conflicting, so i uninstalled both. x3tc still locks and crashes so i uninstalled and reinstalled it. no joy- same problem. an error message appears but for such a brief moment that i cannot read what it says

i am running windows 7 64bit, and had no problems with running x3tc until recently. i suspect it's due to some conflicting mod or script, which is why i uninstalled and reinstalled the game, hoping that would clear it out and let me run it clean. no luck, it seems. though i looked through the x3 terran conflict folder and it looks vanilla (i.e., no cat or dats above 07

are there any other steps i need to follow to make sure i wipe any residual scripts or mods or whatever taht might be conflicting?

in x plugin mangaer lite v1, i selected vanilla mode, which runs the games without any scripts. still locking up and crashing, though.

i notice i have some scripts dated 2/06/09- not sure if these are bonus scripts included in the 2.0 aldirin missions version (top one is setup.plugin.autotrade and bottom 2/06/09 one is !config.add.wares.few.one). thinking they are.

ps- running 2.0 aldirin missions and found it odd that, after having registered it, the auto update tells me it is up to date-- doesn't it need the 2.0>2.1 patch and then the 2.1>2.5 patch?

went ahead and updated from 2>2.1>2.5. game locks up and crashes in same way with every version.
EVGAnforce SLI 680imobo

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 4. Jan 10, 23:04

its unlikly its the plugin manager causing the lock up.

i assume you mean it happens on the main menu screen, ie, before you get to load or start a new game ?

nothing the plugin manager does can effect that, as all the files it creates are not loaded until you start the actual game

also, setting it to vanilla mode, should remove all files and be like it was never there as far as the game is concered.

i would suggest trying the 1.01 -> 2.5 patch, as it sounds like you have something messed up somewhere. The big patch should fix up any problems with patches, its just a bigger download

if that dont work, it might be worth reinstalling the game

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Mon, 4. Jan 10, 23:52

ok...b/c i am running x3tc 2.0 aldirin missions, wouldn't the 1.10>2.5 patch be incompatible?

ps- did already reinstall the game, but have the same problem
EVGAnforce SLI 680imobo

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 5. Jan 10, 00:05

pepperg wrote:ok...b/c i am running x3tc 2.0 aldirin missions, wouldn't the 1.10>2.5 patch be incompatible?

ps- did already reinstall the game, but have the same problem
no it wont be incompatable, that one will work for any version, and its usually the safest option, especially if you are having trouble

Corporeal

Post by Corporeal » Fri, 8. Jan 10, 07:54

Seems to work good for install/uninstall. :thumb_up:
That whole modified/unmodified thing is really lame though.

Karaya52
x3tc

Post by Karaya52 » Fri, 8. Jan 10, 08:18

Cycrow,I have X Plugin Manager V2.12 for X3:R installed.Are there any problems installing and running this Lite version for X3:TC while still having the old one installed?

Thanks

IamDani

Post by IamDani » Mon, 11. Jan 10, 14:12

I'm having a weird error.

After installation, the program fails to run correctly.

I will start the program and wait and see nothing. Checking the task manager shows the prgram running but nothing visable happening.

Is there any way to resolve this?

I have tried various installation configuration, ie with redistributbles and without, and also tried the latest Beta version, with everything giving me the same dead end result.

Kinda fraustrating, I will be seeking an older version and praying it works just to hve access to the wealth of great mods on here. =(

joshi1967
x3

Need help with ship mods in x3 terran conflict

Post by joshi1967 » Mon, 11. Jan 10, 22:37

I have installed x3 terran conflict and it works great but i was wondering how to use the mod manager lite to install some ship mod that i used in x3 reunion . for some reason that install but don't show up in the game at all PLEASE HELP!!

{Merged from X2 S&M 2010-01-14. jlehtone}

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 11. Jan 10, 23:17

have u been using any plugin manager in the past ?

perhaps theres a bad config file somewhere.

u could try remove the config and try loading it again.

in my documents/Egosoft, delete the pluginmanager.dat file.

and in the TC game directory, delete the PluginManager folder and then try to run it again

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Tue, 12. Jan 10, 02:01

Well you won't get very far in the X2 S&M forum so I suggest you either ask someone in the X3TC S&M or wait for a mod (most likely Jlehtone) to move this.

{Note: Is a reply to joshi1967's post. jlehtone}

IamDani

Post by IamDani » Tue, 12. Jan 10, 03:03

I was just about to report back stating that you suggested did not work, however, after reinstalling for the nth time, it has successfully started up and works flawlessly.

And no, I have no previous version of this plugin manager of any sort.

Thanks for your time and willingness to help, to say I'm impressed would be an understatement!

jlehtone
x4

Re: Need help with ship mods in x3 terran conflict

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 14. Jan 10, 08:22

joshi1967 wrote:I have installed x3 terran conflict and it works great but i was wondering how to use the mod manager lite to install some ship mod that i used in x3 reunion . for some reason that install but don't show up in the game at all PLEASE HELP!!
The thread for Mod Manager Lite is a sticky within X3TC S&M Forum. After reading [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url], there is no excuse to post elsewhere. A ***Merge*** will now occur. :)

Btw, I thought that Mod Manager is a separate application and not a "ingame" gizmo?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”