[TC] EmperorJon's Pirate Bases: Guide And Locations

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

EmperorJon
x3tc

EmperorJon's Pirate Bases: Guide And Locations

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 2. Jan 10, 21:49

Time to get something in the guide stickies!

EmperorJon's Pirate Base Locater

Version 1.0
Version 1.1 (replaced - with > to avoid confusion)
Version 1.2 (colour coding and name change)
Version 1.3 (added Paranid to key [knew something was missing...])
Version 1.4 (added underlining in sector names)
Version 1.5 (instantly removed the underlining as it got rid of colours)
Version 1.6 (fixed underlining, saw no replies, gave up and went to bed)
Version 1.7 (fixed some typos, added illegal goods 'max price' list.
Version 1.8 (more in sec. 1)

List Of Stuff To Do:
Colours to make more interesting
List of race owner of sector
Average lifetimes?
Location of sector
More in section 1
Detail base 'respawn mechanism'

Introduction

So. Pirate bases. They move. They get killed, so they respawn somewhere else, and quite a lot of people have trouble finding them. So...

Section One: Finding Bases

1. Keep your eyes open! Every time you enter a sector, look around for anything which could point you towards a Pirate base.

2. Pirate ships. See where they're heading, either by a Pirate TS destination, or following them.

3. VEG. No, it's not what Spaceflies eat for dinner, it's your best tool for finding bases. Use Video Enhancement Goggles to look for ships in the distance, possibly far out of the sector, or off the ecliptic. You may even see the base itself, which looks like bits of TL. Well... it is!

4. Illegal goods trade. Keep an eye on this one. Whether it's an NPC station, a Trading Dock, or your own Spacefuel Complex, look at who's buying things... and where they're headed. Follow them if you have to.

5. Asteroids. By selecting them and pressing F3, then zooming out, you can see a large amount of the sector.

6. Taxi, follow and delivery missions that require you to go to a station for some reason. These may end up a Pirate bases, and it's pretty easy to find them. Just look through the mission description and eventually you'll get 'I want to visit _ at Pirate Base in _.

Section 2: Default Bases

There are, however, plenty of bases that last for a long time after the start of the game, and all Pirate bases spawn in the same places when a new game starts. This is a list, in alphabetical order of sector, of all the Pirate bases in a game, when a new game is started. This does not include some Plot-related bases, like the one that has to be scanned in the Terran Plot.

These are to a reasonable degree of acurracy. (To each 100m)

Key:

The sectors containing Pirate bases are colour coded to match the race owner, like this:
Argon
Boron
Teladi
Split
Pirate
Unknown
Paranid

The wares after the coordinates indicate that, because this good is illegal in that sector, it is bought for maximum price by the Pirate base. These goods are Space Fuel, Space Weed, Spaceflies, Slaves, and SQUASH Mines. This is so you know where to sell for max price, and if you need to dodge Customs... :wink:

Underlining indicates a sector or position which significantly increases the probable lifetime of a Pirate base due to being in a very inactive area, or heavily protected.

List

Acquisition Repository > 92.0km , 0km , 48.0km (No illegal goods- Pirate Sector)
Atreus' Clouds > 49.3km, -2.9km, 0.1km (Space Fuel, Space Weed, Spaceflies, Slaves, and SQUASH Mines)
Bad Debt> -27.9km, 15.4km, 20.9km (Space Fuel, Spaceflies and Slaves)
Barren Shores > -3.9km, 0km, 32km (Space Fuel, Space Weed, Spaceflies, Slaves, and SQUASH Mines)
Brennan's Triumph > 0.3km, 4.6km, 1.6km (No illegal goods- Pirate Sector)
Bright Profit > -16.9km, 4.9km, 59.9km (Space Fuel, Spaceflies and Slaves)
Company Pride > -6.1km, 3.3km, 21.8km (Space Fuel, Spaceflies and Slaves)
Gaian Star > 3.9km, 1.4km, -0.5km (No illegal goods- Pirate Sector)
Ghinn's Escape > 7.3km, -3.1km, 6.9km (Space Fuel and Space Weed)
Hatikvah's Faith > -74.9km, 4.6km, -34.5km (No illegal goods- Pirate Sector)
Mines of Fortune > 53.6km, 1.9km, 45.8km (Space Fuel, Spaceflies and Slaves)
Nathan's Voyage > 43.5km, 3.7km, -45.0km (Space Fuel, Space Weed, Spaceflies, Slaves, and SQUASH Mines)
New Income > -45.0km, -2.3km, -48.7km (Space Fuel, Spaceflies and Slaves)
Ore Belt > -16.9km, 4.9km, 59.9km (Space Fuel, Space Weed, Spaceflies, Slaves, and SQUASH Mines)
Priest's Pity > -32.2km, 4.5km, 26.5km (Space Fuel, Space Weed, Spaceflies and Slaves)
Rhonkar's Clouds > -5.8km, -1.2km, -38.4km (Space Fuel and Space Weed)
Spring of Belief > 0km, -26.6km, 71.9km (Space Fuel, Space Weed, Spaceflies and Slaves)
Unknown Sector (East of PTNI HQ) > 15.5km, 0km, 16km (No illegal goods- Unknown Sector)
Vestibule of Creation > -20.9km, 4.9km, -2.0km (No illegal goods- Pirate Sector)
Veil of Delusion > -16.9km, 4.9km, 59.9km (No illegal goods- Pirate Sector)

Random Fact

The Pirate bases in Veil of Delusion and Bright Profit have the same coordinates.
Last edited by EmperorJon on Wed, 6. Jan 10, 15:31, edited 2 times in total.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 04:36

Heh, I think the only pirate bases that still exist at those coordinates in my game are the ones in Acquisition Repository and east of PTNI HQ :D.

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 05:47

Yep, quite a few of mine are missing as well. Plus, there's a new one added as part of the Terran plot. Plus, something like this, that has all the factories that are spawned at the beginning of the game exists here.

One too many pluses.
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 10:51

Firstly, my coordinates have not bin rounded up like those ones :lol: , and secondly, this isn't just a list of them, it also has how to find them, and soon will have details on their spawn mechanics and a tip about illegal goods not many people know.

Oh, and I'm thinking about adding an average lifetime to each Pirate base. :D

EDIT: Oh, and:
Plus, there's a new one added as part of the Terran plot.
In the guide:
This does not include some Plot-related bases, like the one that has to be scanned in the Terran Plot.

Your ideas have now been completely devalued, as you have proved you didn't read the whole post before criticising it. :fg:

I don't really blame you. :lol:
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 17:46

C'mon, does no one care where the Pirate bases are? Does no one respect my colourful work? Or the tips on selling illegals for max price?
______
______

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 17:57

Bumping is bad...

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 18:09

EmperorJon wrote:C'mon, does no one care where the Pirate bases are? Does no one respect my colourful work? Or the tips on selling illegals for max price?
Well, it looks all nice and dandy, but it doesn't have much practical use. In my game, pirate bases had turnover times of a few hours or less, until nearly all of them were stowed away in unknown sectors. There they seem to be very stable.

To be a bit more constructive, let's add this: The best way to find pirate bases is to do taxi missions. It's surprising how many of those end up at pirate stations, often far out from the sector center or even off the maximally zoomed out map.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 18:10

I admit it is, I wasn't trying to bump... sorry... I was just asking if anyone was interested. If not, I'll save myself the trouble of updating it, so I don't waste my time turning myself insane. Which I will do if I update anymore without anyone caring! :lol:

So sorry.

EDIT: Thanks for that Taki Mission tip, I've done some before that took me to Pirate bases, but forget about those ideas! Thank!
______
______

tidurlagi
x4

Post by tidurlagi » Mon, 4. Jan 10, 04:14

After one day game time, almost all the stations stated above already destroyed. That make me harder to find CLS. Thanks for the list.

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Mon, 4. Jan 10, 04:23

tidurlagi wrote:After one day game time, almost all the stations stated above already destroyed. That make me harder to find CLS. Thanks for the list.
There are non-pirate sources for the CLS, like several Teladi trading stations (Grand Exchange, Merchant Haven, The Vault, etc.) or the Royal Boron Research Station in Great Trench (there you can even dock your capital ships).

Regarding the topic, the pirate base in Nathan's Voyage is back again as of today in my game. Now the Goners want to go there instead of Heretic's End :D.

Goodfeller
x3tc

Post by Goodfeller » Mon, 4. Jan 10, 08:31

I've got one pirate base in Perpetual Sin.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Mon, 4. Jan 10, 09:34

I usually have one their, so I was surprised to see that it isn't there by defualt!
______
______

littleheadspin
x3tc

Post by littleheadspin » Tue, 29. Mar 11, 04:59

You can find all the pirate bases by downloading the X3 Map by Scorp, It will tell you where all the bases are in your game

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Tue, 29. Mar 11, 05:10

It's somewhat common knowledge about Scorps map and what it can do. :wink:

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Tue, 29. Mar 11, 13:50

It's all more useful information in the infinite game that is X Universe.

:)
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”