Battlestar Galactica "total conversion" coming...

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Observe
xr

Battlestar Galactica "total conversion" coming...

Post by Observe » Sat, 2. Jan 10, 09:01

[ external image ]

Two major modding teams (x3dmod, creators of the Transcend series, and BSG "Cry of the Gods") are pleased to announce collaborative development of a new "total conversion" Battlestar Galactica mod for X3 Terran Conflict! We have decided now is appropriate for creating a general discussion thread for this mod.

With proven experience producing previous innovative mods (XFP, Transcend I, Transcend II), along with extensive research, model development, and BSG expertise provided by “Cry of the Gods” team, our united group of talented modders are in an excellent position to "pull off" a highly detailed and successful BSG mod!

The main plot concept involves Galactica (and "rag tag Fleet") being pursued by Cylon's across the galaxy while searching for the Lost 13th colony.

Some of the basic features include:

Custom universe map containing the 13 colonies (200 + sectors)
Mission (MD code) with Cylon's chasing Galactica (and associated Fleet) as it searches for Earth
Ships - Cylon, Colonial, and others
Custom video
Custom audio
Special effects
multiple gamestarts
and much, much more...

Release date will be announced as we approach completion. Additional information will be provided as it becomes available.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Selected images:

Here is an image of ships and stations created for the mod by Ice-Dragon (click for enlargement):

[ external image ]
Last edited by Observe on Mon, 11. Jan 10, 05:19, edited 6 times in total.

Robert Foster
x3

Post by Robert Foster » Sat, 2. Jan 10, 09:20

OMG :o
I Am Currently Playing ( TRANSCEND-II )
I am a Asteroid Miner and I love to Mine - Brine, Nividium, Oil, Tellurium, Plutonium, Tridium, Metal, Tritanium and Gallium Crystals.
Proud owner of Protools|HD3 system.

Lc4Hunter
x4

Post by Lc4Hunter » Sat, 2. Jan 10, 09:58

Nice idea and i hope your mod will be the first really good one! All other galactica mods are not very good.

Can you please make some detailshots of the galactica? It would be nice to see how detailed your model is.

Regards,
Lc4Hunter

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sat, 2. Jan 10, 18:01

Lc4Hunter wrote:Can you please make some detailshots of the galactica? It would be nice to see how detailed your model is.
Yes, additional images and other details will be presented in coming days. As you can imagine we have our hands full with the endless details required in producing a mod of this scope. :wink:

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sat, 2. Jan 10, 20:35

Lc4Hunter wrote:Nice idea and i hope your mod will be the first really good one! All other galactica mods are not very good.
Thanks Lc4Hunter!

Our approach is different from previous BSG mods (or any other mods), in the sense that this mod is designed around a specific mission goal.

The game will start with cut-scene depicting devastation of the colonies, and then the Galactica will have limited number of support ships (Vipers etc) to complete a long journey to Earth while attempting to stay one step ahead of the Cylons.

The player will either win or lose depending on achieving the goal (Earth)

This mod is NOT about building a trading empire; although there will be numerous trading opportunities along the way for re-supply. If trading is your primary interest, you are better playing Transcend or vanilla.

Jump-gates will generally not be available. Warp-drive will become active depending on mission progress.

The number of sectors in our custom map is variable depending on how the player progresses. Sectors can be created "on the fly" using Mission Director code. This way we reduce the number of AI ships present at any given time - thereby improving overall game performance (always a primary goal with our mods). For example, it will be impossible to "cheat" jumping to Earth, because Earth won't even exist in the map until certain trigger point is reached.

So, the bottom-line is this mod is designed to provide the player with "pure Galactica" entertainment without mixing in unnecessary vanilla elements.

Sticks
x4

Post by Sticks » Sat, 2. Jan 10, 23:46

So we have to wait until we find Kara Thrace in a brandnew Viper? That would be very cool ;)

I am so pleased to see, that at last a very experienced and professional Team makes a conversion of BSG, i think this will be the best BSG Mod out here.
Do you intend to use some of the elements which appeared in the series such as the arrival of pegasus and the algae planet? Can we play after we reached earth?

Hmm i guess i should be more patient ... =)

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 01:03

Sticks wrote:...Do you intend to use some of the elements which appeared in the series such as the arrival of pegasus and the algae planet?
Yes, Peagasus will participate similar to in the series; including involvement with the planet New Caprica. Other planets like the algae planet are also part of the mod.
Sticks wrote:Can we play after we reached earth?
Yes, Cylon's still exist, and vengence will take it's turn. [ external image ]
Sticks wrote:Hmm i guess i should be more patient ... =)
Perhaps. :wink:

Trialbyfire

Post by Trialbyfire » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 04:16

Finally a real BSG mod! If anyone can do it, you guys are most likely to succeed. :D

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 04:32

if there is anyone I could trust to see something like this through, its probably you guys. Good luck, and I hope to see press releases soon!

Elffin
x3tc

Post by Elffin » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 10:57

All the best with this... 8)

Here's a depository of useful information regarding ships / ship types/names and universe sectors / descriptions /wares etc.

http://www.thexuniverse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1806

Taken me over 2 years to get a comprehensive list of ships schematics etc... I've even studied the nav maps from the series - images of the actual used ones. Can't leave this in public too long... :oops:

rayhden

Post by rayhden » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 12:42

Wonderful idea. I love the Transcend mod and I know you'll will do a great job with BSG mod.

Would you integrate the ships and stations of Viper047's BSG mod? No one want to work with this guys and you have the much better team. Think you will do the better BSG mod.

ray

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 12:58

Out of curiosity, what is the estimated game length, from starting it up to finding Earth?

Cpt_Puro

Post by Cpt_Puro » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 16:26

Great, great news! :D

All our hopes are in your hands!

So say we all!

DannyDSC
x4

Post by DannyDSC » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 19:37

I'm ready for the translation.

edit : I can't wait to translate this post :D

( Italian Forum Announce )
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 53#3143353

Cylon! Prepare to the battle!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
The Indie Seeker - The Twitter Channel for your indiegames!

Ex Egosoft Translator/Currently writer for www.ilvideogioco.com

@IlVideogiococom is the ONLY italian website that offers full coverage to ALL #indiegames! Are you an #indiedev?
Feel free to follow and contact us on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram!

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Mon, 4. Jan 10, 17:49

Thank you all for encouragement and positive feedback. Your various questions will be addressed in coming days. :)

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sat, 9. Jan 10, 16:15

[News of the most wonderful kind]

It’s official! Two teams (x3dmod and BSG “Cry of the Gods”) have now joined forces in development of this mod.

This natural union of talented modders and fans will result in an even better BSG mod then any of us previously envisioned. Opening thread has been updated accordingly. :D

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Sat, 9. Jan 10, 18:29

:thumb_up:

Sounds promising. Never been a fan of the series (I know: heathen!) but I'll certainly try this mod / total conversion when it's out. :)

Elffin
x3tc

Post by Elffin » Sat, 9. Jan 10, 20:20

Observe wrote:[News of the most wonderful kind]

So say we all! 8)

Robert Foster
x3

Post by Robert Foster » Sun, 10. Jan 10, 10:21

SO SAY WE ALLLL..!!! :D
I Am Currently Playing ( TRANSCEND-II )
I am a Asteroid Miner and I love to Mine - Brine, Nividium, Oil, Tellurium, Plutonium, Tridium, Metal, Tritanium and Gallium Crystals.
Proud owner of Protools|HD3 system.

rayhden

Post by rayhden » Sun, 10. Jan 10, 13:31

Observe wrote:[News of the most wonderful kind]

It’s official! Two teams (x3dmod and BSG “Cry of the Gods”) have now joined forces in development of this mod.

This natural union of talented modders and fans will result in an even better BSG mod then any of us previously envisioned. Opening thread has been updated accordingly. :D
Amazing :thumb_up:

This would be the end of the german mod Cylon War. Playing 40 years before your mod. With this announcement they can close.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”