[Script][04-03-10] MarCon Ship Onboard Computer System Interface : [ V2 ]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mark_a_condren
x3tc

[Script][04-03-10] MarCon Ship Onboard Computer System Interface : [ V2 ]

Post by mark_a_condren » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 20:41

MarCon Ind - Ship Onboard Computer System Interface :

Version 2 Now released.

MarCon Industries is releasing its Ship Onboard Computer System Interface.

All MarCon utility software is incorporated into one menu for ease of use.

This Menu is broken up into sections depending on area of application.

Ok, now for some information you need to know.

- THIS WILL mark your game as ***modified***
- The script editor has to be activated - Thereshallbewings
- X3TC v2.5 is required, as it uses some of the new script commands.

Available for Download in the following formats.

SPK :
[ external image ] Download Site: Google Code, -> Size 320 KB, Version 2.

SPK Installation and Removal :
Use Cycrows Plugin Manager, Full or Lite.

Or

ZIP :
[ external image ] Download Site: Google Code, -> Size 474 KB, Version 2.

Zip Installation and Removal :
Install by extracting the Zip file to your X3TC main folder or extract them to a place of your choice and manually copy them to the correct folders in your X3TC folder.

Remove Manually, no scripts need stopping. The scripts only run when you run them.

Compatability :
MarCon Ind - Ship Onboard Computer System Interface will now take advantage of Cycrow's Hotkey Manager and Community Configuration Menu if you have them installed.

Resources Used:
COMMAND SLOTS : 1
COMMAND_TYPE_CUSTOM_37 -> MARCON_MAIN_MENU

t id :
= 737

text file page id:
= 9737

Script Information :

The MarCon Main Menu can be found in the Custom commands area of your ships Command Screen. A Hotkey option (yes another one) is available IF you wish to use it. It can be set from the Esc -> Control -> Interface screen.

As with all standard menues, look for the Blue i as this indicates that more information is available for this item. On the main menu they are located next to the Heading, select this line and press Return/Enter and you will get the Info Screen for that area. With Results Screens it is located down the far right hand side next to the Jumps : colum.

Below are some previews of the Menu. New Updated Menu Style Previews .

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Permissions :
You have my permission to use this Script package or part thereof in your your own work if you so wish. Please give credit if you do.
As listed below i have used some of other peoples work, Credit given in the Script files also. Please gain Thier permission before using them if they have not already given it.

You can find an Unedited Permissions Statement Here :

Credits :
LA - For giving me some pointers and advice early on, Saved me MUCH hair. Thank you.
a2069 - For giving permission to use some of his lib files. Thanks.
WindsOfBoreas - For giving permission to use some of his lib files. Thanks.
Cycrow - For posting his lib files for us to use. Thanks.

New Version Now Released - Version 2

Many thanks to the following people for their help with V2.

Draffutt, Logain Abler, Nho and Valkyrie004. For their testing, suggestions and help in the process of making this version. Any errors or problems that occur are entirly my fault any not due to their efforts. Thank you to these people and everyone else that has made suggestions, given feedback or pointed out errors.

The new version includes:

Hotkey uninstall code that was left out of prev versions by mistake.

Basic Station credit management, this gives you the abilty to check your stations by Class for stations that don't have a minimum credit balance, remove stations from list you don't want to change, and either bring all listed stations up to this amount or transfer an entered amount to all listed stations.

Lots of minor menu touchups.

And a whole swag of other new stuff!

To View the Latest Updates to this Version :
They Should be on this page ,
View Latest Updates :

Version Info :

v 2 - > 04-Mar-2010
Refer to above link for latest updates, inclusions and Bug Fixes.
Just to much to list here again.

v 102 - > 02-01-10 - Host Site Change. Old Site went Offline.
  • -> Minor Change to Stations Search Results screen.
    -> Set Any Ship Homebase incorrect targeting fixed.
v 101 - > 30-12-09 - Initial Release.
  • -> Known issue : - Set Any Ship Homebase - will target Stations if it is the Player Tracking Aim. - Fixed - in next release.

MarCon
Last edited by mark_a_condren on Mon, 24. Jan 11, 23:05, edited 24 times in total.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 20:43

Reserved by MarCon Ind for further information Releases.

Be warned, if you don't like a colorfull menu,
you will Hate this. you have been warned.

MarCon Ind – Ship Onboard Computer System Interface :

The MarCon Ind – Ship Onboard Computer System Interface is not one script that performs one task, but rather it is a collection of utility scripts for performing a number of information gathering tasks and to perform various actions, all consolidated into one central menu.

The menu is divided in various sections (Divisions), with each division containing searches or actions relevant to it, each division heading is a link to an information page regarding available searches and actions with that division, these divisions include;

Recycling Division:

Recycle Ships Wares:
Recycle Ships wares allows you to remove installed equipment and onboard cargo from you ships docked at any of your Stations or carriers. This is useful for removing surplus items from recovered abandoned ships.

Search for Abandoned Ships:
Use this search to find abandoned ships anywhere in your satellite network. The search can be refined to only look in particular races sectors or only look for a particular class or type of ship.

Inventory Tracking Division:

Inventory Tracking System:
The Inventory Tracking System allows you to search all of your stations and/or ships for any wares you have at any of them. The search results display their location and the qty you have at each location including the total qty at all searched locations.

Bulk Asset Renaming:
This feature allows you to rename your assets in bulk rather than individually. You can perform this action on all station or all ships or a class or type thereof. Just enter the word or words you want to change and the word or words you want to change it to and all items meeting these criteria will have their name changed. A menu displaying any changes made will then be displayed.

Command Target:

This gives you some basic information about the ship that the menu is running on.

Fleet Management Division:

View My Ships:
Using this search you can find any of your ships and view their current location and action as well as how far away from you they are. As with most other searches that can be performed with this menu this search can be refined by ship class or type.

Ships Requiring Upgrades / Repairs:
If you have any ships that do not have max cargo bay, engine tunings, rudder optimisations or have hull or shield damage you can search for them here.

Ships Requiring Equipment / Supplies:
Any of your ships that are short of energy cells for jumping or do not have a full compliment of marines onboard can be searched for using this option.

Set or Change this Ships Homebase:
This allows you to set or change your current ships Homebase.

Set or Change Any Ships Homebase:
This allows you to set or change any of your ships Homebase including ships that normally can not have a Homebase set for them.

Clear Any Ships Homebase:
This will allow you to clear any of your ships homebases if they have one set.

View My Ships with a Homebase Set:
Selecting this option produces a list of all your ships that have a homebase set and what their homebase is set to and where it is.

View Ship Details:
This will display a menu with detailed information regarding your current ship. The information incudes shields, weapons, turret configuration, freight contents, marines onboard and a variety of other information.

View My Target Details:
This performs the same function as “View Ship Details” except that it displays the information for your currently targeted ship.

View Any Ship Details:
This performs the same function as “View Ship Details” except that it displays the information for any selected ship in your satellite network.

View Ship Availability:
This is a utility tool for the viewing of Shipyards and the availability of ships at shipyards. Also any ships that are available to the game can be set for sale at any shipyard or shipyards of your choice. The ship will then be available for purchase from these shipyards at their regular sale price.

Station Management Division:

View My Stations:
Using this search you can find any of your stations and view their location and production details as well as how far away from you they are. The results screen will display all stations meeting your search criteria. From here you can choose to view basic or advanced production and consumption details for these stations. As with most other searches that can be performed with this menu this search can be refined by station class or type.

Quick View Links:
Does the same as above but has some predefined presets for you convenience.

Station Credit Transfer:
This allows you to quickly transfer credits to or from your Stations in bulk. Credits can be transferred to or from multiple stations simultaneously. Set a minimum credit balance for a station to have in its account and then choose All, class or type. The resulting stations list can be tailored on the fly to add or remove stations or the credits transferred.

Satellite Surveillance Division:

Search for Race Ships:
You can now find other race ships that are in your satellite network. You have to ability to search by Race(s) and ship class or type, or a combo of these.

Search for Race Stations:
As with search race ships, you can now find other race stations that are in your satellite network. Basic Station details are available for these stations, including wares at station and their quantities. You have to ability to search by Race(s) and station class or type, or a combo of these.

Search for Locations of Asteroids Scanned:
This search gives you the ability to recall the location any yield information for any asteroid that you have previously scanned. The search can be filtered by sectors only belonging to particular races or to asteroids over a particular yield, or a combination of these.

Diplomacy Division:

Nho Diplomatic Relations Viewer:
View what the relations between particular Races are and what they think of each other. You need to select a minimum of 2 races from the races menu and then you can view their relations. 2 is the Minimum you can select but you can select 3, 4, 5 or all the way up to All. You can't select 1 because they wont tell you what they think of themselves.

Pubic Relations Division:

This will take you to the options menu.
Current options include, Main Menu Style and Manually remove hotkey.

Some more screen shots of menues. From the top of the Main Menu.

The Ships Ware Recycling Menu :

[ external image ]

The MarCon Ind - Bulk Ship Ware Recycling Interface : is very useful if you are playing a Salvage game, combine it with 'NPC Bailing Addon' and 'Salvage Commands and NPC's' and you will be flat out keeping up. 'Recycle Ships Wares' makes recovering the goodies on these ships a lot faster opperation, it can also be used on an opperation of any size.

It allows you to transfer all of a docked ships cargo and equipment in one go and, if set, the ship will then auto fly to just about any location you set. It allows you to skip any ship that you don't want to strip or just remove only one type of ware.

You will get a report at the end after all of the docked ships have been cycled through, if any have had wares removed, it will list a total of ware amount, total avg value of recovered wares and variouse other details.

The Ships Ware Recycling Options Menu :

[ external image ]

Abandoned Ships Search results :

[ external image ]

Inventory Tracking : Usefull for all those items your looking for and can't remember where you left them.

[ external image ]

MarCon
Last edited by mark_a_condren on Sat, 13. Mar 10, 10:34, edited 4 times in total.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 20:47

Looks usefull for Empires. Perhaps this could be sign worthy.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 21:36

Thanks Lord_Dakier

Four Mins from posting to first comment, i'm stoked.

I have more info i'm putting up, just taking time to get it done.

Hope you like it.

MarCon

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 21:46

It's lighted like a christmas tree! :o

Please, although it's the time for it, make a version with far less colours. Use bold and italics in combination with maybe an additional color (yellow).
So many colors simply don't fit into the modern menues. Looks horrible IMHO. :(

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 21:59

enenra

Thanks for the input, good or bad its welcome.

However, that happens to be one of my dislikes about modern menues, they lack color, information and some have no degree of instruction at all and, i don't like bland. You may have noticed.

But, yes i will consider making a less colorful version, but for now i just want to get this version of the ground so to speak.

Thanks for the Honest opionion.
Any further comment, good or critical is welcome. :roll:

MarCon

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 23:27

Or make certain areas different colours.

Perhaps every category a different colour. It would be easier to categorize and appreciated then :D

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Thu, 31. Dec 09, 16:22

This looks interesting. Interesting enough that ill have to play around with it when i have some time to play in the future.

From the screen shots, im at odds with the colors on it. While i admit it is over bearing at first, lookiing at what is colored, it seems you might be able to find what your looking for exactly right away.

On a side note, when i went to grab it to put in my holding/testing area, i couldn't d/l anything. Not sure if my dns hates me or whatnot. One of those all nighters in prep for new years, lol
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Thu, 31. Dec 09, 17:57

Thrandisher

I just tested both download links and both are working fine, put it down to your new years Prep...ha ha. :D

The colors aren't there just to look over the top, they may take some getting used to but they follow a theme through out all the menus and the results screens also all follow a theme. once you get to know what the colors represent you may find they are displaying the information in a way that you can pick out what you want very quickly.

In any of the ship type results screens press your page down key and the Info lines at the top will display a color key to tell you what the colors mean.

As for the Downloads site on the first page scroll to the bottom and you will see the Green oval shaped Download button, on the second page in the middle is a line that says Your Download will start shortly, under that is a line with a counter on it, wait the 35 seconds and the link Here will appear.

After you try it give me some feedback if you will.

MarCon

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Thu, 31. Dec 09, 20:21

Well, its a very impressive piece of work. I have no problem with the colors; I like the way you organized all of it. I did have some trouble getting some of the menu items to work (or my computer is just overloaded with x3 scripts...). I'll play with this some more.

This could be a necessary script to have for those of us with large empires.

Thanks for making it!

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Fri, 1. Jan 10, 03:43

Ok, ya, its something on my side then that is dns. Ill figure out whats wrong next year and grab it. /me slaps his knee.

Looks great and eager to test it when i can.
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Fri, 1. Jan 10, 06:21

russbo
I did have some trouble getting some of the menu items to work (or my computer is just overloaded with x3 scripts...). I'll play with this some more.
Which menu items are you having trouble with ? Is it the Main menu or menues further in ?

On the Main Menu there are a couple of items that are Text only and not selectable :
-> Blank lines - Stating the obviouse.
-> Selection Panel.
-> Your Ship Name and cargo details in the Command Target Area.
-> Quick View Links - in Station Management Devision - This is a Heading only - the links are listed below the heading.

If its not any of these, let me know and i'll look into it.

Thanks for the feedback.

To ALL :

Happy New Year. :D

MarCon

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Fri, 1. Jan 10, 18:12

I have just changed Host sites (the old one has gone offline - Just my luck...).

If you are having any problems with the script downloaded from the old site please redownload it from the new site (Filefront). I have been informed by the old site administrators that apparently a lot of files became corrupt before the site went down.

The Download links have now been updated and checked.

I have also taken this opportunity to update the files to the New Version, just a few minor changes to one display and a minor oversite in one script on my behalf.

Thrandisher
This may explain the problems you were having.

To All,

Please except my appollogies for any inconvenience this may cause or have caused you. Sorry.

MarCon

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sun, 24. Jan 10, 13:30

New version coming soon!

I will be releasing V103 in the very near future, about 1 week.

If there are any problems in v102 (thats the current version available) please post them soon (as in NOW) so as i can attemp to rectify before releasing V103.

None have been posted but if there are, speak up.

The new version will include:

Hotkey uninstall code that was left out of prev versions by mistake.

Basic Station credit management, this gives you the abilty to check your stations by Class for stations that don't have a minimum credit balance, remove stations from list you don't want to change, and either bring all listed stations up to this amount or transfer an entered amount to all listed stations.

Some minor menu touchups.

If you have any requests, get them in NOW...

MarCon

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 24. Jan 10, 13:41

for hotkeys, u could use soemthing like this

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=226805

it'll add, maintain, and remove your hotkeys for you, so you dont need a seperate uninstall script

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sun, 24. Jan 10, 13:56

Thanks Cycrow, its already done.

Have already made it to use Hotkey manager if installed and my hotkey install and unistall if Hotkey manager is not installed.

Am going to include this as option in OP when new version ready for download.

Thanks for the link anyway, cos then i could have used it if i hadn't already.

MarCon

Nho
x3

Post by Nho » Sun, 24. Jan 10, 14:13

mark_a_condren wrote:New version coming soon!

I will be releasing V103 in the very near future, about 1 week.
Great! I haven't seen any bug using your script so far, but I haven't used all functionality yet.

A request: It's probably not feasible, as it appears in many other mods... but is there a way to make "disappear" the lines in between the different commands in order to be able to jump straight to the next command when using the down arrow.

Not sure if I was clear...

Anyway, it's a nice tool, and I am using it a lot

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sun, 24. Jan 10, 14:34

Nho

If i understand you correctly, what you want is to skip over blank lines in menus rather than them being selected as you arrow down a menu (blank lines aren't selected).

I'm not sure if or how can be done, but will look into it, can see how it would make it better.

And, as you are the first who is using it to give any feedback, THANK YOU.

i'm glad you haven't found any bugs or wierd bahavour , and glad you like it. There is quite a bit hidden behind that front menu when you go looking.

Im working on a manual for it but until then, any how to's or what does this do, just post here and i'll answer.

MarCon

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 24. Jan 10, 16:13

theres a command to create a menu section.

this basically puts a gap between 2 options

its a new command in 2.5

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sun, 24. Jan 10, 16:26

I know the one your talking about, its a nice way to layout menu's and break them into groups or areas (however you want to look at it).

I might try that and see how the menu comes up.

If you look at the menu pics i have up you'll see i've already used it quite a bit.

I think it was a great add to the 2.5 SE.

EDIT:
I'll try putting the headings back into Menu Headings and put each item into its own menu area, that will keep it opened up a bit (it looks cluttered with no spaces between) but wont have the blank lines you have to scroll over to get to the next item.

MarCon

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”