[MOD] Immersive environments 1.1 [09-11-2011]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Robert Foster
x3

Post by Robert Foster » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 15:09

We'll Xmas just blew by, and New Years will blow by too.
and the 3 Kings day on January 6th will blow by too.
So I am hoping for some time before Valentines Day. :P
I Am Currently Playing ( TRANSCEND-II )
I am a Asteroid Miner and I love to Mine - Brine, Nividium, Oil, Tellurium, Plutonium, Tridium, Metal, Tritanium and Gallium Crystals.
Proud owner of Protools|HD3 system.

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 15:53

Can I make a small suggestion? It's a small thing that bugs me within the vanilla universe, that in the Solar System the Sun looks the same size no matter where you are. Whereas in real life, from Pluto it looks barely bigger than the other stars, and in Mercury it would look huge.

So I was wondering whether you'd be able to have the Sun get gradually bigger as you move closer and closer to it?

connary
x3tc

Post by connary » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 16:34

imperium3 wrote:Can I make a small suggestion? It's a small thing that bugs me within the vanilla universe, that in the Solar System the Sun looks the same size no matter where you are. Whereas in real life, from Pluto it looks barely bigger than the other stars, and in Mercury it would look huge.

So I was wondering whether you'd be able to have the Sun get gradually bigger as you move closer and closer to it?

This cant be done. There a couple of sun emitters but all looks the same size or with minimal differences. The sun cant be approached. The good thing is that lowering the luminance level the sun appears a bit little. But its a minimal change.

Added Burning Horizon and standard black sectors.

I suppose i can upload a beta version right now. In fact some beta testing and some feedback from the community can be on help to change every sector that need some tweaking and improve the solutions.

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 16:45

Soo.. I didn't really get that: did you change the black sectors or left them as is?
"I feel like that's not the way fantasy space travel works in the real fantasy universe."
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Freya Nocturne's Sigantures

Robert Foster
x3

Post by Robert Foster » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 17:14

I really like it when the entire sector is covered in this new background.
Because it really lights up the sector with the color that is chosen for that sector.
For example, Xenon, the sector would be lit all red all around in every direction.
Khaak would have purple with blue.

The black background is cool only for very few sectors,
but most sectors should have 360° color illuminance to it.
I am a Asteroid Miner and I love to Mine - Brine, Nividium, Oil, Tellurium, Plutonium, Tridium, Metal, Tritanium and Gallium Crystals.

connary
x3tc

Post by connary » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 17:27

e1team wrote:Soo.. I didn't really get that: did you change the black sectors or left them as is?
Lol, wow, i need to improve my english for sure.

I edited the first post trying to explain better the idea.
Basically with my mod black sectors are diverse with diverse luminances. From pitch black to a bright white but predominates a very subtle level of light coloured depending of the effect i desired for the sector. Looks more sinister in some cases and you get the sensation that you are flying deep in space.

This idea is used in all sectors. The sun color projected is the same or near the background nebula color. It seems that the nebula have an impact in the general light of the sector.
The vanilla ones are only an aesthetic background an use this idea only in a few cases.
The planet reflections are also underused imho.

I hope this explain a bit better the concept.[/b]
Last edited by connary on Tue, 29. Dec 09, 17:47, edited 1 time in total.

_Lucas_

Post by _Lucas_ » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 17:29

Thank you for this, connary: this is shaping up to be a very nice cosmetic addition, can't wait to try it out :)
" The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance " - Wing Commander IV

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 17:40

OK I got the idea about the black sectors! :) BTW English is not my native language too :P
"I feel like that's not the way fantasy space travel works in the real fantasy universe."

Gripen
x4

Post by Gripen » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 18:08

connary wrote: I suppose i can upload a beta version right now. In fact some beta testing and some feedback from the community can be on help to change every sector that need some tweaking and improve the solutions.

:o

Stop stalling and get it out there! I'll promise to break something :P

connary
x3tc

Post by connary » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 18:55

Gripen wrote:
connary wrote: I suppose i can upload a beta version right now. In fact some beta testing and some feedback from the community can be on help to change every sector that need some tweaking and improve the solutions.

:o

Stop stalling and get it out there! I'll promise to break something :P
I will search a good place to upload this.

Added Greenspot sectors. Also planet nightlights details.

Gripen
x4

Post by Gripen » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 19:57

Supernice screens there!

*holding thumbs for a evening tryout*

http://www.megaupload.com is pretty good for large files. :D

connary
x3tc

Post by connary » Wed, 30. Dec 09, 00:24

About the Xenon sectors, i'm thinking to eliminate all trace of light in some core sectors and make the majority with very poor light.
The idea its that the xenon look for to settle down sectors far away for any kind of solar energy, the base of any organic life. This can make the hunt of xenon very nasty, sinister and in some way difficult.

What the people think?

Robert Foster
x3

Post by Robert Foster » Wed, 30. Dec 09, 01:06

Pitch Black :twisted:

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Wed, 30. Dec 09, 01:27

I would be glad to beta test. I'm kind of bored atm anyway.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Wed, 30. Dec 09, 05:48

I MUST have it!!! :evil:

connary
x3tc

Post by connary » Wed, 30. Dec 09, 12:30

Robert Foster wrote:Pitch Black :twisted:
Thanks Robert¡ Im also thing that some pitch black sectors can do a good work to make nervous the most veteran fighters.
e1team wrote:I MUST have it!!! :evil:
You dont answer my question to help me and ask for a upload in this manners? Im a bit confused, right now.

The most important thing sharing a mod and the creation process is the help from others, sharing ideas and get some feedback.
For the moment only a few people seems interested in a mod like this and i dunno if i will get some return (feedback) from community.
I received some rare private messages from people that dont care to participate in this post but ask for a quick upload. No, no, no.

Added the Whitenexus and Deepred sectors. Im also thinking to desaturate the opposite red sector background.

olipilot1
x3ap

Post by olipilot1 » Wed, 30. Dec 09, 13:30

Hi,

your pics look really great! I am not a modder and just a player, so I can not help you, but I would love to try your backgrounds as well. Thanks for your great work!

olipilot

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 30. Dec 09, 14:02

I'm pretty sure if you edited the universe file, changes in that won't take affect until you start a new game.

Looks wonderful in any case. :)

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Wed, 30. Dec 09, 14:03

Hi,

I'm looking forward to trying this out. I'm already using one of the other background mods, but this looks much more promising.

The only thing I'm not too sure about is the Milky Way image in the Terran sectors. Its perhaps a little too wispy and yellow and maybe a little too big?

Other than that the preview screens look great! :wink:

connary
x3tc

Post by connary » Wed, 30. Dec 09, 14:18

fud wrote:I'm pretty sure if you edited the universe file, changes in that won't take affect until you start a new game.

Looks wonderful in any case. :)
Wow, are you sure? then i must put the info about the need of a new start in the first post. What a pity.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”