[PROGRAM] X Plugin Manager : V1.87 : 2024-01-06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Mon, 14. Dec 09, 10:42

The one linked in this thread is the current version, it's different from the version you are running.
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

enfidel
x3tc

Post by enfidel » Wed, 16. Dec 09, 15:17

Hey, I downloaded the plugin manager intalled it, and reintsalled it. But it just wont run.

Whenever I try to start it form the exe it says.

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect."

I just want to run your cheat package and was very happy with the one I could manually install but I just can't get this to work.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 16. Dec 09, 16:32

when you go to install it, make sure you select the the VC++ Run times, its disabled by default so enabling it during the install and it should install

that should get rid of that error

enfidel
x3tc

Post by enfidel » Thu, 17. Dec 09, 13:59

Cycrow wrote:when you go to install it, make sure you select the the VC++ Run times, its disabled by default so enabling it during the install and it should install

that should get rid of that error
Thanks that worked. Great Stuff.

GruntOfAction
x3tc

Post by GruntOfAction » Fri, 18. Dec 09, 02:56

Question: I have this downloaded and the SPK file I wish to use. But will the mod be active on all of my current saved games or will I have to start over to have the mod take effect? And if I can use it on my saved games what happens if I disable it after saving with stuff from the mod in the save game?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 18. Dec 09, 09:30

this really depends what kind of mod it actually is.

if its just adding some script files, then generally, you can add or remove them when you like.

althou once you use it, your save game will be forever marked as modified

GruntOfAction
x3tc

Post by GruntOfAction » Fri, 18. Dec 09, 14:17

Cycrow wrote:this really depends what kind of mod it actually is.

if its just adding some script files, then generally, you can add or remove them when you like.

althou once you use it, your save game will be forever marked as modified
They were already marked as Modified when I enabled the script editor for no reason anyway. It really doesn't matter to me if it says it's modified.

Craigtothed

Does this work with windows 7?

Post by Craigtothed » Wed, 23. Dec 09, 22:29

Does this work with windows 7? when i install CMOD it doesnt make a new cat and dat in the TC directory. Im not sure if it is me trying to recreate an old MOD and script profile that is causing the errors or if win 7 is restricting file access or some such.

Any help is great.
Cheers
Craigtothed

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 23. Dec 09, 22:37

i've not used windows 7 so cant say for certain, it works in vista, which has simlar file access

did you download the mod as a spk file, or try to create it yourself ?

and what files does it have inside the spk ?

Craigtothed

Post by Craigtothed » Wed, 23. Dec 09, 22:45

CMOD comes as an SPK. I used the spk explorer and it contains 09.cat and dat.
EDIT: I extracted and remade the .spk with renamed cats and dats. i set them to 20 which is way higher than the last cat and dat in the directory.
it doesnt appear to make any difference and still doesnt add the mods to the directory.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 24. Dec 09, 01:15

i take it 10.cat/dat dont exist in your game directory ?

it should rename them to the next available number

i've not encounters any problems running it under vista

were u able to install any other scripts fine ?

Craigtothed

Post by Craigtothed » Thu, 24. Dec 09, 03:02

I JUST updated my computer today and previously was using xp pro. so Im still not very familiar with what Win 7 does and what it is compatible with. It appears that the other scripts are working fine at least as long as they dont contain cat/dat files.
im getting some read text errors i think that are related to the emp being a mod in an spk. not really sure though.
10.cat/dat do exist already as a fake patch.
after further looking there are a number of cats/dats inside .spks that seem to work. the Millitary Hud mod is functional.

gradea
x3tc

Post by gradea » Sun, 27. Dec 09, 05:22

I'm not certain if its a flaw in the manager or the script. I tryed tossing in the cheating script (Because I'll be damned if I'm loosing 30 hours of progress just because I had to format, but that's neither here nor there)

Here's the problem, the scripts functionality doesn't apear in the game. And every time I open the manager back up, it doesn't display any scripts as being installed. Installing the scripts, again, doesn't help, as soon as I re-start the game, same problem. And when I quit and re-open the manager, its displaying no installed scripts, again.

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Sun, 27. Dec 09, 10:33

can someone please please PLEASE post the link to the old plugin manager...this one is soooo rubish...no script will work at all with this new version of plugin manager

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 27. Dec 09, 14:47

gradea wrote:I'm not certain if its a flaw in the manager or the script. I tryed tossing in the cheating script (Because I'll be damned if I'm loosing 30 hours of progress just because I had to format, but that's neither here nor there)

Here's the problem, the scripts functionality doesn't apear in the game. And every time I open the manager back up, it doesn't display any scripts as being installed. Installing the scripts, again, doesn't help, as soon as I re-start the game, same problem. And when I quit and re-open the manager, its displaying no installed scripts, again.
so when u install a script, does it display in the list ?

then when u close and reopen it, its no longer there ?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 27. Dec 09, 14:48

unknown1 wrote:can someone please please PLEASE post the link to the old plugin manager...this one is soooo rubish...no script will work at all with this new version of plugin manager
what problem are you actually having with the manager ?

its working for most people

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Sun, 27. Dec 09, 16:46

sorry..nevermind got it to work eventuay. :D

Razielny22

Post by Razielny22 » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 01:48

hi im sry im a total noob at this stuff i installed the plugin manager and was trying to install some new things to it but i keep getting this Error Opening: C:/Users\userone\Downloads\DDTC_1.0.rar Invaild package file. plz help just want to add stuff to the game i got the cheats to work but everything else said that.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 02:10

the plugin manager only works with its own file format, those are .spk file.

other scripts/mods that come in different formats like .zip or .rar have to be isntalled in different ways

boran_blok
x3fl

Post by boran_blok » Tue, 29. Dec 09, 09:27

Or you turn em into spk's like I do. It's not that hard, and waaay easier to manage afterwards.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”