[AL PLUGIN] Yaki Armada 2 - Beta Build 210 - [2010-07-22]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Serial Kicked
x3tc

[AL PLUGIN] Yaki Armada 2 - Beta Build 210 - [2010-07-22]

Post by Serial Kicked » Sat, 19. Dec 09, 23:31

[ English Topic | French Topic ]

[ external image ]

:arrow: Plugin Description
  • This AL Plugin will make the Yaki smarter and stronger.

It will spawn a configurable amount of Yaki motherships (TL or M1) equiped with a jumpdrive and filled with Yaki Fighters. Each carrier will run a script that allows it to do various things as sending a squadron to attack a factory, a TS, a TL, or a defense ship. AI of those carriers has been increased so they can defend themselves when attacked and flee when in real danger. They will also repair, rearm and refuel at any pirate base when needed. Destroyed carriers will of course respawn after a random while.

Each Yaki mother-ship will focus on two different enemy factions.

The plugin also allows you to communicate with Yaki ships and Mobile Base using the ECS library. Helping yaki ships will give you money and good reputation with this faction. The player is also able to join the Yaki Guild by contacting Yaki Mobiles Bases via ECS, if his reputation is high enough and have the required credits, unlocking missions and various additional features.
:arrow: Main Features
  • Take advantage of new X3:TC Yaki M1 and TL ships
  • Ability for the player to befriend the yaki faction or to hunt them down
  • Can spawn Yaki Equipment Docks
  • Yaki Mother-ships attacking enemy sectors and rearming at the pirate bases
  • Improved carrier artificial intelligence
  • Fully compatible with custom ships and maps
  • The player gain additional money for the destruction of the Yaki Armada's assets
  • Menu to setup the YA plugin the way you want
  • Takes advantage of the Anarkis Defense System for improved carrier AI
:arrow: Changes from X3R to X3TC
  • The plugin won't include under cover yaki ships as it's a pain in the ass to implement properly. This first version lacks ECS related interactions with YA ships. However it will use the "subtitle" commands to keep you posted about next jump coordinates and other vital information.

The infamous "Kingdom End Mayhem" bug should be fixed.

Some interactions between PG and YA will be added. Basically those interactions are: peace/war treaty between YA and PG - ask info about YA/PG to PG/YA ships - possible PG mission to take out a YA mothership - possible YA mission to subdue a PG mob boss or station.
:arrow: Download This is a Beta version, many features aren't included yet and minor bugs are still here. But all in all, the plugin is fully functional. Anyway you can easily totally disable it the second you want.

:arrow: Optional Downloads
  • Pirate Starts (written by TEKing66) - Gamestarts working great with my plugins
Last edited by Serial Kicked on Sun, 27. Apr 14, 08:48, edited 13 times in total.
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Sun, 20. Dec 09, 00:23

==================
Version History
==================

build 210 - Beta Release
(*) Fixed : Major bug causing the carriers to idle indefinitely near a Yaki station
(*) Fixed : Several bugs related the carrier AI and docking
(*) Fixed : Several issues in the libraries
(*) Fixed : French translation

build 205 - Beta Release
(+) Compatibility check 2.7.1
(*) Fixed : The good old "zombie" docking bug has been corrected hopefully
(*) Fixed : Docking of fighter ships somewhat improved.
(*) Fixed : Some holes in the mothership logic
(*) Fixed : ADS glitch causing carrier to be renamed like a standard ADS fighter
(*) Fixed : Window not closing after the player has accepted to help a yaki pilot

Test build 200 - Comparative to X3:Reunion version 1.08
(+) Fully rewritten from scratch (faster, smaller, smarter :p)
(+) Using ECS 2.5 to handle communications
(+) Yaki News Networks using ECS Newsfeed
(+) Can spawn an Equipement Dock if a yaki shipyard is found without Eq.Dock
(+) Now using all possible M1 and TL yaki ships as mobile bases
(+) Targets are easier to locate, their name will blink
(+) Yaki ships gain skill killing people
(+) Take advantage of the new X3:TC menu and 'subtitle' system
(+) Ability for the player to configure the plugin the way he likes
(+) Possible signal issues with other scripts cleared
(+) Better use of jumpdrive
(+) More weapon and missile variations
(*) Fixed : Yaki ships going to Kingdom End in mass
(*) Fixed : Attack of invincible/plot objects
(-) Most of the mission and guild system not yet included
(-) Camouflage Device removed

==================
Compatibility Notes
==================

* Do not use any task between 890 and 900 (included) on any ship or station
* Objects used by YA have the local variable 'anarkis.yaki' set to TRUE
* Check the global variable 'anarkis.yaki.plugin' to see if PG is enabled
* The plugin needs at least one yaki owned sector to work correctly
* Do not use any variable beginning with the prefix 'anarkis' in you own script
* Scripts that mess with the yaki faction may not be compatible
* YA should be able to handle custom weapons
* YA ships and stations have the 'lv.jtp.block' variable set to TRUE
Last edited by Serial Kicked on Thu, 22. Jul 10, 23:30, edited 3 times in total.

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Aegyen
x4

Post by Aegyen » Sun, 20. Dec 09, 01:26

Ready to beta this till it breaks... :lol:

Craigtothed

Post by Craigtothed » Mon, 21. Dec 09, 07:48

Looking forward to this script!

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Mon, 21. Dec 09, 18:33

Sign me up as well...

Looking forward to this one and to the new TC version of X-Tended
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Tue, 22. Dec 09, 06:29

Wish i could help with remembering problems in the XR one. While i did use YA and PG both, i cant remember any major or minor problems with YA.
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Tue, 22. Dec 09, 13:06

Thrandisher wrote:Wish i could help with remembering problems in the XR one. While i did use YA and PG both, i cant remember any major or minor problems with YA.
By itself it's encouraging :)

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Thu, 28. Jan 10, 03:01

Well, YA development is going fine. The first test-release should be available this weekend or during the next week.
More data are available here.

This said, like in the X3:R release, Yaki motherships will have unique names like:

Dominator - Skull HQ - Black Dragon - Stormbringer - Abomination - Ravager - Blood Moon - Excellence - Warmonger - Black Hole - Dark Moon - Dark Star - Dreadnought - Ghost Ship - Black Maria - Inferno - Exodus - Nexus - Bloody Mary - Armageddon - Requiem - Avalon - Leviathan - Behemoth

Please contribute. As long as your ship name looks "bad ass" enough it will probably be accepted. But, please do not write 250 posts with 1 name, post one answer with 250 names instead ;)

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Jake B
x3tc

Post by Jake B » Thu, 28. Jan 10, 05:48

Desecration, Lust, Sin, Dissident, Damnation, Desire, Instigator, Dissension, Last Redemption, Hollow Heart, Brimstone, Penance, Persecutor, Burden, Lost Soul, Misery, Tormenter. Hmmm here are a few Pirate sounding ideas.
I always shoot first then.......hmm I can never remember the rest

Snowship
x3tc

Post by Snowship » Thu, 28. Jan 10, 07:26

Black Dawn, Murderous Joy, The Blood Pearl, Harpy's Nest, Dagger, Night Tremors, Inflictor, Monster
[ external image ]
Vanilla Malt Gamestarts
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire"

Nho
x3

Post by Nho » Thu, 28. Jan 10, 07:27

Wow, at last! ;)

I suppose this will be as third-party-script friendly as PG?

Clan's Horn, Clan's Circle, Reaper, Samarkand, Tamerlan, Blue Wolf, these are a few ideas, some related to the Mongol tribes, as I see them a bit Yakiish

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Thu, 28. Jan 10, 08:27

'this isnt the mothership you were looking for'
'Asteroid' (Veldspar)
'Paranoid Odyssey'
'Boring Angelfish'

Figured I could help out over here a bit :wink:

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Fri, 29. Jan 10, 18:56

Thanks for the suggestions, i will update my list.
Well, YA will be mod-friendly and will be able to use whatever ship, weaponry and map you can throw at it. As a related note, the DDRS mod has a nice selection of Yaki ships and some of them have been designed for YA.

It should be compatible with all major scripts available. The only exception will probably be "Improved Races". I can't remember right now if this script handle the Yakis or not, but if it's the case, they won't be compatible. And as the author is not here anymore to correct his script like he did for PG, nothing much can be done about it (apart from altering IR code).

By the way the 'Mongol Horde' theme fit YA background perfectly, good idea. For now i'll keep all names, but if i gather enough mongol related names i will switch to it completely.

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Shannon Maricle
x3tc

Post by Shannon Maricle » Fri, 29. Jan 10, 19:10

Serial Kicked wrote:Thanks for the suggestions, i will update my list.
Well, YA will be mod-friendly and will be able to use whatever ship, weaponry and map you can throw at it. As a related note, the DDRS mod has a nice selection of Yaki ships and some of them have been designed for YA.

It should be compatible with all major scripts available. The only exception will probably be "Improved Races". I can't remember right now if this script handle the Yakis or not, but if it's the case, they won't be compatible. And as the author is not here anymore to correct his script like he did for PG, nothing much can be done about it (apart from altering IR code).

By the way the 'Mongol Horde' theme fit YA background perfectly, good idea. For now i'll keep all names, but if i gather enough mongol related names i will switch to it completely.
Thats a bummber to hear. IP is one I cant live without. I guess PG will have to do :/.

I sure hope somone takes over the IR.

Happyblue
x4

Post by Happyblue » Fri, 29. Jan 10, 20:44

I have been using and following your scripts for some time now. I am interested in seeing if YA includes the fixes for ACC use in bases for sector defense. I remember reading in your postings that all work on Anarkis Defense was on suspend while you finished YA as you would most likley be making it a core feature. However, I do not see that in the features listed in the first post.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Fri, 29. Jan 10, 21:19

They will also repair, rearm and refuel at any pirate base when needed. Destroyed carriers will of course respawn after a random while.
Yaki are enemy to pirates by default and capitalships can't dock at Piratebases. how did you solve that? Imo they should just jump home to their shipyard instead. Plausible and perhaps easier.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Fri, 29. Jan 10, 21:42

@Shannon Maricle:

Well it has to be tested first, maybe it'll work (by pure luck), but it's unlikely imho.

@Happyblue:

Well, the test version won't use ADS at all, like i said on my website, yaki mothership will be sitting ducks against RRF or other police scripts. I need to have some reports on the basics first. But ADS integration will be done quickly after that, and yes ADS will probably be mandatory.

My work on ACC/ADS will resume while YA is being developed (not when it's done, like i said erroneously). Like it was the case for PG, as soon as I need a new fleet handling feature for YA, a new version of ADS will come out.

A hell lot of things in the ADS mechanisms will be rewritten, but the station side isn't my first priority. I've to work around several issues first (mainly related to NPC carriers and the #*$! auto respawn of destroyed fighters). But yes an improved sector protection will come.

@Killjaeden:

By changing their relation to the pirate faction. plain and simple. And no i don't want them to jump back to SY except for repairs. They are supposed to be nomads. And moreover it would be boring for the player to always follow motherships to the same sectors.

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Fri, 29. Jan 10, 22:36

Serial Kicked wrote:
Here's a wiki listing all or most of the mongol tribe names:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_me ... _and_clans

Hope you find some name you like there.

Have you though of using the names of the mongol warlords for a handful of M6's etc?

Looking forward to seeing the yaki get a foot hold in the galaxy :)

Argo
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

Infector
xr

Post by Infector » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 00:03

Serial Kicked wrote:Thanks for the suggestions, i will update my list.
As far as i can see the IP Scripts just control things that they have created themself + stations. i've seen the local variables 'plugin.ir.maker' and 'lv.jtp.block' utilised within the build and command scripts. But maybe i've missed some important lines of code.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 18:50

Got a few names to add to the list: (Sorry if any are already there)

Dead Star
Supernova
Maw of Flame
Bloodlust
Desecration
Mass Genocide :roll:
Grim
The Reaper
The Touch of Death
The Scourge of the Universe
Home of the Damned
Ship of Lost Souls
Reincarnation of Death ( 8) how cool does that sound!)
Eternal Damnation
Hellfire
Fist of Fury
Retribution
The Hand of GoD :roll:
Scream of the Lost
Tempest Rider
Smashed Hope/Dreams

I'll give you a few mor if you want... :roll:
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”