[Script] Ship Clamper for TC

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Kitarn
x3tc

[Script] Ship Clamper for TC

Post by Kitarn » Mon, 14. Dec 09, 00:33

Hi I've been working on updating a script from Reunion that was made by BOF.

The majority of the credit goes to BOF Boron - Ol Fh'art as all i did was tweek it so that it runs in TC under an unclaimed station command slot (as of 6/3/09) I renamed the old T file and changed the command used from Station 47 to Station 45.

I ran it through the game and used the cheat commands by Cycrow to take over a sector's stations and apply the command to all of them, then setting the wait time to 1 min I let it run and the stations started impounding ships.

I used the SPK packager 2.20 to set up the file and included it with the files in a ZIP. The zip folder has 6 files, three script XML, the T file the readme from the original version with an edit at the top and the spk file.

Have not had a problem with it since I posted it so I've put in a listing request post. And as he posted below I have TBoF's permission to go with it. The zip file has a typo (Ship Clsmp) but otherwise it works. It uses Station Command 45 id 1145.

[ external image ]
Last edited by Kitarn on Mon, 21. Feb 11, 03:57, edited 2 times in total.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 14. Dec 09, 10:07

The thread you link does contain:
All my scripts are available for your own modifications or use in other projects, all I ask is that if you change them you also change the name to stop any chance of breaking the published scripts.
To me that does look like a putative "yes", and naturally B-O'F deserves full credit.

Kitarn
x3tc

Post by Kitarn » Sun, 20. Dec 09, 01:01

Thanks jlehtone, I didn't read it fully when I looked for the link. :oops: Placed the file and updated the OP.

tbof
x3tc

Post by tbof » Sun, 20. Dec 09, 01:18

Hi Kitarn,

I intend updating the Ship Clamper to have a few more options - when I have time, as I have been a bit busy recently.

I am pleased to see that you liked the script enough to update it. As I said originally - it was put out there for use and/or modification - so you had permission to update and release it....

No need for a name change, as I have not released a TC version. If you add the script to the list of available scripts - use your own name...

I now have a new sign-in, due to a problem when trying to update after a new ISP....

tbof
The Boron - Ol Fh'art

Dinoff
x4

Post by Dinoff » Sun, 20. Dec 09, 02:01

what does this mod do?

Kitarn
x3tc

Post by Kitarn » Sun, 20. Dec 09, 02:48

@tbof
Ahh nice to see you back B-o'F, was a little worried you vanished on the forum. As I had listed here when i first asked about the possibility the last post I could find was back in April.

You're welcome to use what I edited to skip parts of bringing it over as all I did was change the name of the T file and edit it to look at 1145 rather then 1147 for the Station command and fixed the parts in the script to look in the right places.

@Dinoff
The script sets up a station command that will impound other race's ships if they remain docked at one of your stations more than the set time. Impound as to claim them for your fleet.

Dinoff
x4

Post by Dinoff » Sun, 20. Dec 09, 12:15

o nice. this is a must have especially for my stations that do not trade with anything outside of my fleet

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”