[TC] Is there an up-to-date list of Secret Container locations?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

GruntOfAction
x3tc

Is there an up-to-date list of Secret Container locations?

Post by GruntOfAction » Mon, 7. Dec 09, 20:20

I've recently bought the Gold edition of X3 Terran Conflict and I've been looking for these "Secret Containers" as they are listed in the pilot status menu. When I go to the co-ordinates of the item, it isn't there. It might be the list was for version 2.0 and I am on 2.5. So I am not sure which ones are right or wrong. The co-ordinates for Derelict Ships are correct as I am able to find them...

So does anybody have a list of their locations that is up-to-date with version 2.5?

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Mon, 7. Dec 09, 20:28

8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

GruntOfAction
x3tc

Post by GruntOfAction » Mon, 7. Dec 09, 20:30

em3e3 wrote:Here's one.
Thank you very much.

On another note, when it says "Unknown sector [7,16]" I assume that's just which sector they are on the map right? I printed one out and the numbers on the side lined up, but I just want to be sure.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Mon, 7. Dec 09, 20:34

On another note, when it says "Unknown sector [7,16]" I assume that's just which sector they are on the map right? I printed one out and the numbers on the side lined up, but I just want to be sure.
Correct.

Out of the hidden crates I can personally confirm all exist, except one, the crate containing
Spoiler
Show
the Windstalker Missiles.
I couldn't locate that crate even after nearly an hour of searching at the given coordinates. Granted in my game there is a Pirate Base located in that sector, as well as a few hostile Pirate fighters so it could be possible the crate got destroyed when I was headed to the base.

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Mon, 7. Dec 09, 20:41

As you have to more or less sit directly on the container in order to discover it, it's often very easy to miss it, even with coordinates. Fortunately, some of the containers are somehow logically placed, so you might just stumble upon them.

Which all is not supposed to mean that that Windstalker missile crate exists at that location.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Mon, 7. Dec 09, 20:45

Either way I'm not worried. I already have close to a couple hundred of them so ten more isn't much of a concern. The crates that I gave the highest priority were the ones of Terran origin.

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Mon, 7. Dec 09, 20:55

Deadbeat_Spinn wrote:The crates that I gave the highest priority were the ones of Terran origin.
Same here.
Spoiler
Show
There are no Keris in my universe, so I wanted to have that crate. The easiest way to find it is to fly right through the center of the destroyed gate, in a straight line towards the south gate

GruntOfAction
x3tc

Post by GruntOfAction » Mon, 7. Dec 09, 21:15

Ulan Dhor wrote:As you have to more or less sit directly on the container in order to discover it, it's often very easy to miss it, even with coordinates. Fortunately, some of the containers are somehow logically placed, so you might just stumble upon them.

Which all is not supposed to mean that that Windstalker missile crate exists at that location.
I was using Navigation Software so I could put in the co-ordinates and fly directly there. But I guess they wouldn't be there if they changed their location.

By the way: How do you get the ship in The Vault? And is it even worth it? I'm doing the custom game selection and I'm trying to make a group of ships that will be pirate hunters. :D

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Mon, 7. Dec 09, 21:20

GruntOfAction wrote:How do you get the ship in The Vault? And is it even worth it? I'm doing the custom game selection and I'm trying to make a group of ships that will be pirate hunters. :D
I don't think it's worth it, but it's easy to get. Just fly there, and I think it's right at the gate.

GruntOfAction
x3tc

Post by GruntOfAction » Mon, 7. Dec 09, 21:50

Ulan Dhor wrote:
GruntOfAction wrote:How do you get the ship in The Vault? And is it even worth it? I'm doing the custom game selection and I'm trying to make a group of ships that will be pirate hunters. :D
I don't think it's worth it, but it's easy to get. Just fly there, and I think it's right at the gate.
Alright, because my map shows there isn't any gate to get in there.

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Mon, 7. Dec 09, 22:13

GruntOfAction wrote:
Ulan Dhor wrote:
No, it's just a normal sector. From Family Whi, one east, one north.

GruntOfAction
x3tc

Post by GruntOfAction » Mon, 7. Dec 09, 22:35

Ulan Dhor wrote:
GruntOfAction wrote:
Ulan Dhor wrote:
No, it's just a normal sector. From Family Whi, one east, one north.
Alright, thanks.

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Tue, 8. Dec 09, 02:17

Hmm. 2.5 didn't change the universe file and last check of the 2.1 version had no changes so my coords are good too.
[ external image ]
The end of a trilogy does not mean an end to a series.
| Vanilla with strawberries? [List of Vanilla safe mods.] | Tired of the plots? [Plot Skipper Tool v0.5] |
| X3: R & TC Minimaps |

GruntOfAction
x3tc

Post by GruntOfAction » Tue, 8. Dec 09, 03:15

Aro wrote:Hmm. 2.5 didn't change the universe file and last check of the 2.1 version had no changes so my coords are good too.
Well from what I checked on a website, the co-ordinates from them were different than the ones I was given here. Apparently there was a crate of 60,000 credits in Ore Belt. Went to the place and found nothing.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 8. Dec 09, 03:27

GruntOfAction wrote:Well from what I checked on a website, the co-ordinates from them were different than the ones I was given here. Apparently there was a crate of 60,000 credits in Ore Belt. Went to the place and found nothing.
That was X3R, iirc.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”