Shadowtechs Homebase Sector and Flagship Mod *2-28-04*

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ShadowTek
x2

Shadowtechs Homebase Sector and Flagship Mod *2-28-04*

Post by ShadowTek » Sun, 22. Feb 04, 18:14

To get Homebase Sector you MUST start a new game!

In order to get the new Homebase Sector, you MUST Start a new game, Old save Games also save the original Universe map, in order to get the Home sector you have to start a new game, I did not realize this so sorry for the late info.

I have just sent my new Mod to both:
The X2 Scripting Center
The Commanders Space Station
***Now Avalible*** Look in Downloads/X2 Editor Scripts/X2 Editor Scripts under Ship Scripts.

Edit: Just to let all know, The Commander's Space Station is now back online.

For those looking for my Homebase and Flagship Mod, it is currently also located at BabyFace's Website
BABYFACES WEBSITE

Shadowtechs Homebase Sector and Flagship Mod

The point of this Mod is to add a more personal touch to X2

This is a Off-shoot of my Super Carrier Mod but with a lot of changes and is a Seperate Mod from the Super Carrier.
The following is a list of things/Changes you will find:

You now have a choice between haveing a Argon Colossus or a Split Raptor as your Flagship.
in the "Types" Folder you will find these 2 files:
Argon-TShips.txt
Split-TShips.txt

VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT...YOU MUST DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You HAVE to re-name the one you want (Argon=Colossus or Split=Raptor) to TShips.txt

You now have a Home Sector located far SOUTH of Argon Prime, It comes with Your Headquarters located at its center. Since this base doesnt produce anything and is more of a warehouse I didnt feel it was too over the top, and it adds ambiance to your Home Sector. Your HQ looks like a Xenon Shipyard (very cool looking me thinks :) )"Hint" The surrounding sectors really really REALLY need energy cells. :wink:

The Shadowtech Flagship (re-named from super carrier) is now buyable in a shipyard owned by a neutral race in your home sector. Look to the 3 Massive red giants. It sells for $160,000,000 dollars (no more free ship :P ). I thought long and hard on price and came up with this as fair, any higher would make it too unatanable. Also for those who would argue it should cost more, remember this is only one ship, not 3. Also to outfit it with 18 PPC's Shields etc, will cost a small fortune in itself. It can only be one place at a time. For those who say its too expensive see below.

So what do you get for your $160,000,000?
18 Guns (17 Guns for Split Raptor)
100,000 Armor Hull
Carry 130 Ships (150 for Split Raptor)
Buy, Transport Factorys
Improved Handling
The Power of a Destroyer, Mobil Homebase qualitys of a carrier, The Transport power of a TL, and the mobility of a Corvette.
The Shielding of a TL.

This MOD also adds the following:
HQ & 75 MW Shield Mod by Olis J
The Improved Shield Mod by me
The Xenon J fix by me
Re-Balanced Weapons by me

:!: BACK UP ALL FILES BEFORE INSTALLING ANY VERTION :!:

I am not responsible for any damage to your game.

Please e-mail any problems or suggestions to Shadowtech@Direcway.com

Current Projects:

Compleate X2 Makeover, Pirate Capital ships, Enemy Fleets, Pirate controled sectors will be something to fear!! etc. Gonna give that shiny new flagship of yours something to worry about, and make X2 a real threat :twisted:
For progress in this or any of my projects pls click the Shadowtechs Mods link in my sig.
Last edited by ShadowTek on Mon, 1. Mar 04, 18:47, edited 17 times in total.
Proud member of the PHPBB Network!
Feel free to upload or download X2 Mods!!

Storm_Front
x2

Post by Storm_Front » Sun, 22. Feb 04, 18:42

Please tell me more about this Home Sector, have you added a sector?

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Sun, 22. Feb 04, 18:50

Storm_Front wrote:Please tell me more about this Home Sector, have you added a sector?
Unfortunatly No, I don't know how to do that yet (if its possible)
I compleatly changed and "re-decorated" :wink: Resivoir of Tranquility, changed it to a Pirate sector, and re-named it.

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Sun, 22. Feb 04, 21:31

Awesome work mate. I will surely be starting a new game with this installed and see how it performs. :¬)
Admiral of the Fleet.

P_J_M
x3

Post by P_J_M » Sun, 22. Feb 04, 22:05

Maybe I'm just going stupid, but I can't find it on either site :oops:

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Sun, 22. Feb 04, 22:06

Hmm stil can't find the file either. Perhaps the site owners haven't put it up yet? :¬/ If anyone has a link further into one of those sites for this file please let me know, all I can find are the older ones without the Raptor file.
Admiral of the Fleet.

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Sun, 22. Feb 04, 22:13

The Evil Devirginator wrote:Maybe I'm just going stupid, but I can't find it on either site :oops:
I sent it to both sites, It just hasnt been posted by them yet.

P_J_M
x3

Post by P_J_M » Sun, 22. Feb 04, 22:26

Ok thanx.

I'll just have to play some X2 and try again later.

BTW does this work with running games, or will I need to restart?

Thanx

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Sun, 22. Feb 04, 22:29

BlackDemon wrote:Hmm stil can't find the file either. Perhaps the site owners haven't put it up yet? :¬/ If anyone has a link further into one of those sites for this file please let me know, all I can find are the older ones without the Raptor file.
FYI
This is a Different Mod, not to be confused with the Super Carrier Mod. Though they have similaritys, This one adds more and makes the Flagship available only in the hidden shipyard, and not given by a script.

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Sun, 22. Feb 04, 22:32

The Evil Devirginator wrote:Ok thanx.

I'll just have to play some X2 and try again later.

BTW does this work with running games, or will I need to restart?

Thanx
It is Highly Recommended you re-start so the shield readings are all correct and each ship starts with the correct shield. Though it is not 100% nessesary. If you dont start a new game shield readings will be at 200%, to reflect the new shield propertys, but will still have what there supposed to have str wise.

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Sun, 22. Feb 04, 23:29

The X2 Scripting Center
The Commanders Space Station
***Now Avalible*** Look in Downloads/X2 Editor Scripts/X2 Editor Scripts under Ship Scripts.

**Deleted Redundant Posts**
Last edited by ShadowTek on Mon, 23. Feb 04, 00:13, edited 1 time in total.

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Sun, 22. Feb 04, 23:31

Shadowtech wrote:
BlackDemon wrote:Hmm stil can't find the file either. Perhaps the site owners haven't put it up yet? :¬/ If anyone has a link further into one of those sites for this file please let me know, all I can find are the older ones without the Raptor file.
FYI
This is a Different Mod, not to be confused with the Super Carrier Mod. Though they have similaritys, This one adds more and makes the Flagship available only in the hidden shipyard, and not given by a script.
I realise that, which is why i was after the new one with Raptor too :¬) Just downloaded it now so will be playing this most of tonight and tomorrow starting up a new game to see what it's like. Cheers again mate!
Admiral of the Fleet.

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Mon, 23. Feb 04, 03:26

Hi everyone, I hope you enjoy this mod, if you find any problems e-mail me so I can work them out, its late sunday night and I have to crash, and Ill be gone til next weekend, and Im only here on weekends. So If there are questions asked here Im not blowing you off, can only Mod, play X2 and answer stuff on the weekends.

Also as to the E-mails on questions on various TShips functions, There are allot of very knowledgable people here, Storm_Front, MightyMidget, and BabyFace are but a few. So if I dont answer your e-mail right away Im not blowing you off or anything, Im just not around.

Try asking on these forums and Im sure someone can help you allot faster then I can. Truth be told, due to my time consuming job :( Im not a good person to ask stuff as I can only respond on the weekends, though I'll do the best I can. Try looking at this thread, mabey what your looking for is here.
TShips Exposed Discussion
Also Storm_Front has a excellent Mod Kit on Xscripting that may help you as well. Anyway hope this helps

Thanks and see you all next week.

Shadowtech

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Tue, 24. Feb 04, 11:23

Has anyone got this mod to work fully yet? I can't seem to find my Home Sector with docking yard in it anywhere :¬/
Admiral of the Fleet.

Storm_Front
x2

Post by Storm_Front » Tue, 24. Feb 04, 19:15

BlackDemon wrote:Has anyone got this mod to work fully yet? I can't seem to find my Home Sector with docking yard in it anywhere :¬/
Are you looking in the right place? I think I read it was way South of Argon Prime, in Boron Space; or was that Rask Akabar's Pirated Vessels Emporium, I forgot. :?

Rakeris
x4

Post by Rakeris » Wed, 25. Feb 04, 02:09

I can't find it on Xscripting the old one is there but not the new one?
Any Help

Accushot
x3

Post by Accushot » Wed, 25. Feb 04, 16:05

I compleatly changed and "re-decorated" Resivoir of Tranquility, changed it to a Pirate sector, and re-named it.
How did you re-name the sector?

Rakeris
x4

Post by Rakeris » Wed, 25. Feb 04, 23:13

I would say he used the Galixy editor.

Miths123
x2

Post by Miths123 » Thu, 26. Feb 04, 00:56

Is there any place to download this mod at the moment? Xscripting does not seem to have it up yet and the-commander.com is down for, how long - a few more days?

Fickser
x3tc

Post by Fickser » Thu, 26. Feb 04, 23:37

AAAAAAAAAAAH finaly somebody is making a mod to make X2 universe alittle more dangerous :)
Shadowtech I love the idea of stronger Pirates.
I have actually stoped playing X2 for over a week now because combate is just to easy :( .
I have reenstalled Privateer 2 any body remember that game??? Never finished it going back to say 1996??
Hopefuly will do me until Shadowtech finishes his new mod,or EgoSoft releases the new patch with some game enhancemants I hope..

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”