[MD]HQ Plot start by reputation only

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

xiriod
x3tc

[MD]HQ Plot start by reputation only

Post by xiriod » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 14:56

There's been a lot of talk back and forth about the HQ plot, and connection to the Hub. I always felt this plot, HQ, should be separate but up until now it never dawned on my how to do it. And now when I know, it was so simple. I found the idea from the post about using MD to increase/decrease fight/trade-rank.

With this MD script, you will get to start the HQ plot when your rank with the Boron hits 8, I can't remember the title at the moment for that rank. But anyhow, here's how you do it.

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="director.xsl" type="text/xsl" ?>
<director name="starthqplot" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="director.xsd">
  <documentation>
    <author name="Xiriod" alias="Xiriod" contact="none" />
    <content reference="HQ Plot" name="Start HQ Plot" description="Start the HQ Plot when your reputation with the Boron is over 8" />
    <version number="1.0" date="1/6/09" status="cheat" />
  </documentation>
      <cues>
        <cue name="Start HQ Plot">
          <condition>
              <check_value value="{player.notoriety.boron.rank}" min="8"/>
          </condition>
          <timing>
             <time exact="1m"/>
          </timing>
             <action>
               <do_all>
                 <set_value name="HQ Start" exact="1"/>
               </do_all>
             </action>
        </cue>
      </cues>
</director>
Copy and paste this code in to Notepad. Then save the file as hq_plot_start.xml for example. In your game folder, make a directory called director if you do not already have it. Then move the file you just created to that directory and start your game.

If you load from a savegame where your rank is already 8, then the script won't kick in until you reach rank 9. But if you lower your rep to 7 first, then put the script there, may perhaps be faster.

If you like to start your plot at once you start a new game, just change this line min-value to 1:

Code: Select all

<check_value value="{player.notoriety.boron.rank}" min="8"/> 
Have fun! :)

CraterFace

Post by CraterFace » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 16:45

Thank you! :)
"Various empirical models (intelligent approximations based on intuition, guesswork, and fiddling adjustable constants)."

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 2. Jun 09, 01:30

Put that in a file and zip or spk it for distribution, then add it to the documentation sticky.

Also, can you do the same to start the Aldrin Plot at any time please ?

Looks like I will be doing a new start and I dont want to do the Terran Plot again.

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Tue, 2. Jun 09, 08:06

apricotslice wrote:Can you do the same to start the Aldrin Plot at any time please ?

Looks like I will be doing a new start and I dont want to do the Terran Plot again.

I'll look in to the Aldrin plot for you when I have some free time, but for now it is back to work ;)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 2. Jun 09, 08:08

Zip it up and email it to me then. Wont get deleted off my site.

Btw, if your mother can cut and paste, she is way ahead of a lot of people here ! :D

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Tue, 2. Jun 09, 08:28

apricotslice wrote:Zip it up and email it to me then. Wont get deleted off my site.

Btw, if your mother can cut and paste, she is way ahead of a lot of people here ! :D

Hehe, ok. I'll do that when I return home. Perhaps you can *cough* host my other small scripts as well? :D For posterity and such ;)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 2. Jun 09, 08:30

Sure.

Naming convention is

X3TC
Your username
Meaningful script name
version number

Sabre6
x3tc

Post by Sabre6 » Wed, 3. Jun 09, 22:20

What if your playing a custom game with this work there also?

Gilliganxl

Post by Gilliganxl » Sat, 4. Jul 09, 21:28

does this work for custom games too?

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Sat, 4. Jul 09, 23:08

For a custom game: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=250878
Then do the hub plot or start the phq seperate. Supposedly the phq plot won't start twice. Also possible to edit the hub plot to start the phq faster.

Roger Stephens
x3tc

Post by Roger Stephens » Thu, 12. Nov 09, 16:57

Hi I followed your instructions to place the file into the game but the HQ wont start I am top boron rank and am running 2.5 in unmodded game any help please.

thanks
RS

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Fri, 27. Nov 09, 17:21

Roger Stephens wrote:Hi I followed your instructions to place the file into the game but the HQ wont start I am top boron rank and am running 2.5 in unmodded game any help please.

thanks
RS
I was on a one month vacation, sorry for the delay. If your rank is above the rank in the file when you add it it won't work for some reason. Only way then is to lose rank to below and then when you gain rank to what you set in the file it should kick in. Don't know if this applies to you though.

taukarrie
x3tc

Post by taukarrie » Thu, 17. Jun 10, 21:32

i believe boron rank 8 is "Accepted Friend" according to the manual.

one question though. In the normal game the PHQ mission becomes available 6 hours after the HUB is completed. So when using this mod does the PHQ mission become available immediately after you hit rank 8 or 6 hours after you hit rank 8?

i started a game using the Terran Defender start option, using this mod as instructed before even starting, and ive got a modest amount of mods. i think my boron rank started somewhere around 4 or 5. i blew through rank 8 and im working through rank 9 now with no sign of the PHQ mission yet. however it hasnt been 6 hours of game time since i hit rank 8 yet.

im not sure how it starts but im assuming i get a private message of some kind. right now im SETAing through the 6 hour time period. hopefully ill get something when i hit that 6 hour mark.

i set this mod up exactly according to the instructions (even though i dont understand how it could possibly work by dropping a text file in a new folder.) just to be sure. the "director" folder is dropped into the main terran conflict game folder? perhaps you could post a folder path for clarification's sake. i.e. C:/ProgramFiles/Egosoft/ etc etc....

if my 6 hour SETA test doesnt work then this isnt working for me. like i said. i created the text file and director folder and all that before i even started my game so if its not working its not because i exceeded rank 8 before setting this up. any other reasons for why this could fail to work?

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Thu, 17. Jun 10, 22:03

Holy cow, it's been quite some time. I've been busy with other things. The path to the file is for me: \x3 terran conflict\director\hq_plot_start.xml

When I made it, all I did was drop it there and as soon as I hit the targeted rank I got the quest. Had a couple of friends test it at that time as well, same for them. Maybe some mod is interfering? To be honest I can't imagine why it won't work for you.

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Thu, 17. Jun 10, 22:12

taukarrie wrote:i believe boron rank 8 is "Accepted Friend" according to the manual.
Accepted Friend is only rank 2, they run from -5 to 10. You need to get to King's Knight for level 8.

taukarrie
x3tc

Post by taukarrie » Thu, 17. Jun 10, 23:48

thanks for the info. and i was counting "enemy of the Kingdom" as rank 1. so it makes sense that i havent gotten anything and as a confirmed friend.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”