[MOD] Ship Rebalance Mod ver 0.59 [30/08/2009] + 2 COCKPIT PACKS + Alkeena's BSD!!!!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Tue, 24. Nov 09, 12:28

Note to all; New Ship Rebalance Mod up for download and testing! Link in my signature.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Tue, 24. Nov 09, 12:41

The New SRM (rapidshare) is a dead link I am afraid! - And Here was me taking the rest of the day off to play test it! :(
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Tue, 24. Nov 09, 12:43

Gavrushka wrote:The New SRM (rapidshare) is a dead link I am afraid! - And Here was me taking the rest of the day off to play test it! :(
Haha, read the reply I just made in the thread. Looks like two people beat me. The link is now working. :)

EDIT: Three... :o

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 22:27

FOR ALL YOU SRM LOVERS OUT THERE:

Here is a new version of Someone Else's Ship Rebalance Mod, fully 2.5 compatible, with updated versions of Killerog's Trails Mod and PSC01's cockpit mod.

This has been based on Someone Else's original files so it should be 100% compatible with the original. So far no values have been changed and this features all the scene file changes that Someone Else made (all turrets (Boreas and Python) are as the original SRM)

The docking mod and the bug fix mod are the same as they were in Someone Else's original - these will not be updated due to the difficulties of starting from scratch.

I have tested these with the SRM as the lowest cat no., the cockpit mod next and finally the trails mod.

There are two versions of the cockpit mod - the original and one with the HUD info bar put back in. If anyone wants a version with the gravidar put back in let me know.

You should not have to clone any ships or go to an empty sector if you are already using Someone Else's original SRM. If you are installing for the first time you will need to follow the instructions in the first post in this thread.

You must update any existing versions of the SRM to this version to use the trail or cockpit packs below.

Ship Rebalance Mod v0.59

PSCO1 Cockpit Mod for SRM v1.23

PSCO1 Cockpit Mod for SRM with HUD info v1.23

Killerog's Trail Mod Pack A for SRM v1.15

Known Issues: the three Terraformer ships (deca.fade etc.) do not have trails yet. The engine emitters have not been placed in Killerog's mod yet.

TO DO:

Add Pack B from the trails mod.

I will be looking at furthering the rebalancing soon. I am thinking of upping the hull ratings of all M1s and M2s to try and make capital ship battles last a bit longer. If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 14:59

Another addition to this which I will hopefully be able to post over the weekend is an addon pack for Killerog's X2 ship callback mod.

I have to say the old ships look pretty good with the X3 shaders. 8)

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Wed, 10. Feb 10, 11:30

Just an update on this. I am just finishing off the X2 ships addon pack. I have all the ships ready to go. I am just balancing a few things.

Changes in the next release:

SRM:
Changed Khaak M6 explosion effect to the standard M6 one. The capital explosion was too much for an M6.
Repriced Xenon ships to be more in-line with other ships in each class for those with the Xenon Shipyard script (no more ridiculously cheap J).
Repriced Orbital Weapon Platforms. Now they are somewhere between default and Someone Else's prices.

X2 Ship pack:
Added X2 ships.
All X2 ships balanced to fit with the SRM. They are not quite as good as modern equivalents but much cheaper.
Move X2 ship factories to border locations. (why would home sectors sell old, decomissioned ships?)
Added additional shipyard with X2 Xenon ships, the AP Gunner and (as an extra bonus) the Arrow and Starburst.

Once this is ready I will put it all in a new thread.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Sun, 6. Jun 10, 22:42

And the last one. The saddest one. :(

I authorize anyone to use, modify and repubblish my work.

Especially for the superbox thingy. :P

I'm grateful for all the support and countless hours you have used to understand and to keep updated and alive the SRM. It's truly yours now.

Anyways, have fun everyone.
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

Kalanderon
x3tc

Post by Kalanderon » Mon, 11. Jul 11, 19:04

hi all of you,

i have a little question:
i just bought the Terran yokohama and i have seen that it can use that Fusionbeam cannon.

In vanilla u cant buy them, but i guess in the mod u can, right? but where?

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Mon, 11. Jul 11, 19:20

This thread is for the old redundant SRM. The author is no longer around.

If you are using the current SRM:Continued release, please post in that thread for help.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”