[MOD] Ship Rebalance Mod ver 0.59 [30/08/2009] + 2 COCKPIT PACKS + Alkeena's BSD!!!!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Sun, 22. Nov 09, 16:03

De-merging without restarting is rather impossible due to how it's entwined. The mods don't have a problem since he's given license to use it with attribition. Headed out for a bit, so I'll post more soon.

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Sun, 22. Nov 09, 16:33

Alrighty, here we go.

The thought behind updating the "sister mods" was that future updates could be incorporated into it in a "changelog" sort of way; follow the other authors and insert any files they change on their end, or merge Types changes where possible. Problem is, not every piece of every mod was included, and only Someone Else knows which parts he left out.

Draffutt kindly supplied me with updated versions of everything in the Types directory and said they're meant to work with the whole "package." The textures and bodies folders are what need to be seriously torn apart...and those are not my strong suit. I know all of the text files pretty well, but all of the things redone by BSD, Bug Fixes, and Trails drive me rather insane. I'd rather just release a "revamp" mod that includes all of them stuck together, losing user choice and gaining ease of maintenance.

I'm really thinking this whole project needs to be restarted, but I don't know where to start. Not exactly a high-caliber modder yet. A bit of direction and advice could go a long way. :)

EDIT: Here's a RAR with all the files draffutt sent me. He seriously has done all the work so far since I'd start geting into one of them, check my email, and he'd have posted a finished one already... :lol: It looks like I actually lost the TFactories he sent me... :evil: ...so I just redid it myself.

http://rapidshare.com/files/310646725/SRMRedo.rar
Last edited by OOZ662 on Sun, 22. Nov 09, 16:57, edited 2 times in total.

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Sun, 22. Nov 09, 16:56

My opinion: you're right, trying to start from someone else'e mod is impossible, you have to start from scratch.

Possible plan: start from draffut's files, not vanilla 2.5 files, that way you are sure that his mod is completely integrated.
Read the changelog of the old mod and try to replicate it (i.e. if it says "made all corvettes 2.5% faster" then you change the max speed of all M6 ships). To do this it may be better to read the entire changelog and condense it in a single document (i.e. version 0.1 may say "made all corvettes 3% faster", version 0.2 "made all corvettes 0.5% slower" so the final line would say "made all corvettes 2.5% faster").
Forget other mods, you will integrate them when you have a stable mod (and a little more experience).
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Sun, 22. Nov 09, 16:59

I'd love to use my compare program to get the changes made by Someone Else and just plop them in Bug Fixes....but that's night impossible due to having so many things jammed in each file. Good idea, though; I forgot it even had a readme packed in it.

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Sun, 22. Nov 09, 17:36

BlackRazor wrote:My opinion: you're right, trying to start from someone else'e mod is impossible, you have to start from scratch.

Possible plan: start from draffut's files, not vanilla 2.5 files, that way you are sure that his mod is completely integrated.
Read the changelog of the old mod and try to replicate it (i.e. if it says "made all corvettes 2.5% faster" then you change the max speed of all M6 ships). To do this it may be better to read the entire changelog and condense it in a single document (i.e. version 0.1 may say "made all corvettes 3% faster", version 0.2 "made all corvettes 0.5% slower" so the final line would say "made all corvettes 2.5% faster").
Forget other mods, you will integrate them when you have a stable mod (and a little more experience).
A good plan methinks. As for the changelog, the one Someone Else provided here seems pretty thorough to me.

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Sun, 22. Nov 09, 17:42

imperium3 wrote:
BlackRazor wrote:As for the changelog, the one Someone Else provided here seems pretty thorough to me.
Yep, there's a copy packed in the mod too, I had just segregated it during unpacking and forgotten about it.

Liath
x4

Post by Liath » Sun, 22. Nov 09, 18:25

Because I am having issues that I'd posted about in page 40 (i think), i was wondering... what is wrong with this mod? Other than the two things that I'm having issues with (Cycrow's SCS, and FDN/SSDN) it seems to do what it says?

And can anyone explain to me why SCS and SSDN aren't working? Mostly SSDN/FDN since SCS is probably due to me trying to get around using the plugin-manager. I'd been unpacking files on my own from the SPK, and trying em that way which might be my issue (new install for me yay)
If I seem super-critical lately, it's due to having played X2 and X3, which were awesome games. X:R's release was a hard fail, however there *were* improvements, especially with stations, capitals, and capturing/boarding. X4 right now feels like the best parts of X2/3 and Rebirth all got thrown out the friggin window. I'm honestly hopeful that X4 will turn out awesome, but I'm already hugely disappointed in ES as I have seen them do better and really expect more from them.

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Sun, 22. Nov 09, 20:12

This mod is not v2.5 compatible (it works, but many things it "un-patches") and contains quite a few little ugly tidbits, such as the nasty engine trails for the Xenon mentioned just a bit earlier.

I don't understand most of your abbreviations, but I think those are scripts from memory...in which case this mod would not conflict.

Liath
x4

Post by Liath » Sun, 22. Nov 09, 20:33

FDN is the Freight Distribution Network, and the other is the Strategic Sector Defense Network. They both use a mod, but I'm not sure what conflicts there are. Right now the scripts are there, but the AL plugin refuses to run, with "Mod packages not found".

But, if SRM is behind, I might forgo it for now, and just use the player-fix and ship docking mods for now.

Wish there was a easier way to make/use mods without worrying about all these conflicts -- would make everyone around's life easier.
If I seem super-critical lately, it's due to having played X2 and X3, which were awesome games. X:R's release was a hard fail, however there *were* improvements, especially with stations, capitals, and capturing/boarding. X4 right now feels like the best parts of X2/3 and Rebirth all got thrown out the friggin window. I'm honestly hopeful that X4 will turn out awesome, but I'm already hugely disappointed in ES as I have seen them do better and really expect more from them.

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sun, 22. Nov 09, 21:52

i'll answer this question.

as both of those "mods" you linked used a modified Tdocks it is not comp with SRM or my mod unless you make the necessary changes. otherwise those mods you link will not work as the scripter intended.
None of us is as smart as all of us. ~Ken Blanchard

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Sun, 22. Nov 09, 23:06

the easiest way to get a trail mod working is simply to install

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=229178

just delete the Tships entry from inside the mod, so it wont over write the one in this mod

instead of the other one, there are 2 small problems,

1) not save game compatable, dont know why (not a modder)

2) the values are wrong, its about a 10 minute fix, as you just look at the one Tship, and look at the one from this one, and change 1 number per ship (for bout 100 and some ships)

thats what im doing, gets rid of the annying white trails, but if you have a big game, not so nice.
Jovianmoon wrote:
apricotslice wrote:...auto-pillok...
Are we ready to collide with that asteroid?
Yes sir! Engaging auto-pillock!

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Sun, 22. Nov 09, 23:49

For me the most important thing is that any update to this is save game compatible.

im pretty happy with this mod as is. All i really want is an update to the trails mod and a few tweaks here and there. I feel starting from scratch may be too much work.

killerog has already said updating the trail mod should.be fairly straight forward.

So were stuck with the current versions of the bugfixes and bsd mod. Is that such a problem?

im just thinking that if you try to take on too big a job it may never happen.

besides someone else may reappear at some point...

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Mon, 23. Nov 09, 00:15

corhen wrote:the easiest way to get a trail mod working is simply to install

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=229178

just delete the Tships entry from inside the mod, so it wont over write the one in this mod

instead of the other one, there are 2 small problems,

1) not save game compatable, dont know why (not a modder)

2) the values are wrong, its about a 10 minute fix, as you just look at the one Tship, and look at the one from this one, and change 1 number per ship (for bout 100 and some ships)

thats what im doing, gets rid of the annying white trails, but if you have a big game, not so nice.
or you could do the same thing with the newer version of my mod. Should update most if not all of it. As all the values should be the same, just newer textures and effects.

I also have no idea what the white trail effect is in this mod, looks like it could be missing or buged out texture as thats not what it should look like.

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Mon, 23. Nov 09, 01:48

yea, i just switched to that other one cause i dont know anything bout your mod, and i know a little bout that first one,

and that white glitch is REALLY annoying
Jovianmoon wrote:

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Mon, 23. Nov 09, 01:52

The white glitch is a bug which i have only just seen in this mod(not my main version), if you want you can try the newer version of mine ad do what you suggested a few posts up.

The mod you also listed dose not support the last few patches so any new ships will not of had trails added.

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Mon, 23. Nov 09, 04:20

I believe the white "trails" are a result of his picking-and-choosing pieces of mods to be included...and he forgot one. :D

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Mon, 23. Nov 09, 07:23

Well, OOZ662 (wow, that is a mouthfull, isnt it?)\

if there is anything i can do to help you resurect this mod, please tell me

Thanks

Corhen
Jovianmoon wrote:

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Mon, 23. Nov 09, 08:23

corhen wrote:Well, OOZ662 (wow, that is a mouthfull, isnt it?)
Hehe, long story behind that, but I've used that username everywhere since I was 7 or 8 years old. Google search reveals a lot about me.

I'm getting my dander up to start hacking at the Bug Fixes as a base for starting over...

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Mon, 23. Nov 09, 13:35

TShips Performance tab done (including a few fixes to the Teladi freighters...looks like he accidentally typed 50 in the laser energy section instead of 550). Still left to do; General/Guns tabs, and a look through Turrets(cockpits) to see if Bug Fixes already fixed the vanilla issue of almost all ships having Argon cockpits. Then merge BSD (Drag&Drop + Change number of docking slots, which will be done along with the General tab) and it'll be ready for testing.

This is much, much easier than gutting the old one. :) Think I'm getting carpel tunnel, though. :lol:

EDIT: Someone else (not the proper noun/this author, but another person) is probably going to need to walk me through when I get to making a compatible cockpits pack; BSD and PSCO1 appear to conflict badly.

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Tue, 24. Nov 09, 06:21

hey, i deleted the Tships that comes with the standard Killrog's Trails, then modded the Tmissiles to match that of the MRM (missile rebalance mod)

looks great now....

now, to track down that script thats messing with all the AI ships.
Jovianmoon wrote:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”