[SCR] Hangar Manager [24th May 2009 X³:TC 3.1.00]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Saetan
x4

[SCR] Hangar Manager [24th May 2009 X³:TC 3.1.00]

Post by Saetan » Tue, 10. Nov 09, 20:42

Hangar Manager is developed by Lucike. This topic is released with his permission. The pictures are still in German language but the script itself includes already an English language file of course.

Hangar Manager is also part of Lucikes Script Collection.
This topic is not up to date, most of the manual still applies to the recent version of the script, but you have to download the most recent version by downloading it as part of the script collection.

Content:

Part 1: Hangar Manager

Part 2: Change of command-slots

Part 3: ( -- reserved -- )
---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

Hangar Manager
(Version 3.1.00 – 24th May 2009)

[ external image ]

[ external image ] [ external image ]

Overview Hangar Manager
  • The Hangar Manager transfers fighters between a station and a carrier docked at that station.

Hangar Manager Preparations

Download

Lucike left after he got temporarly banned from the X-Universe Forums and asked me to remove the direct download links. Of course I respect his wish, so I replaced the download links with links onto his own homepage.

-> Hangar Manager (Version 3.1.00)

Prerequisites: X³ Terran Conflict Version 1.3 or higher (not compatible with X³ Reunion) !!

Activation of the Script Editor

Hangar Manager doesn’t require the script editor to be activated. Hangar Manager includes a script, that automatically sets the game to “modified”.

With the script editor activated, additional technical information can be displayed. This can be enabled in the script editor menu (Script Debugging: Additional Information) but is recommended to be left "off" as it might be confusing to some players. It is possible to run unsigned scripts without activating the script editor. This requires a change in the scripts boot file. In any case the save game will become “modified”.

Installation

Simply extract the *.zip file to your X³ TC folder. The .zip file includes the folders “\scripts\...” and “\t\...” which also exist in your X³ TC folder. Any additional folders in the *.zip file are for maintenance and uninstalling and should also be extracted to your X³ TC folder.

Uninstallation

The folder “\scripts.uninstall\...“ includes the file “setup.plugin.hangar.manager.pck”. Copy this file to the script folder (\scripts\...). Start X³ TC and load your save game. The uninstall process will start automatically and send a message to your log upon completion. The process can take up to 20 seconds from loading the savegame. Save the game.

Run the batch-file „Delete all Hangar Manager Scripts.bat“ in the “\scripts.delete\...” folder. This will delete all the script’s files. The uninstall process is now complete.

Important: Never simply delete scripts, because they are connected to your savegame.

Updating older versions

Simply extract the *.zip file to your X³ TC folder. The .zip file includes the folders “\scripts\...” and “\t\...” which also exist in your X³ TC folder. Any additional folders in the *.zip file are for maintenance and uninstalling and should also be extracted to your X³ TC folder.

The batch-files “Delete old Hangar Manager Scripts.bat” in the “\scripts.delete\” folder takes care of deleting old and unneeded script files. This step is not required, but will keep your script folder organized.

In game nothing has to be manually restarted. All ships or station automatically restart their scripts.

Hangar Manager Manual

Usually a carrier must be undocked to dock fighters on it, which are docked at the same station. The Hangar Manager transfers these fighters between the station and a docked carrier.

Short Manual
  1. Equip a carrier-class ship with a transporter device.
  2. Start the Hangar Manager command from the command console of the station or the carrier.
Ship and Equipment Requirements:
  • A carrier-class ship
  • Transporter device
Handling

The Hangar Manager can be started in the command console of a station or a carrier. The Hangar Manager command in the console of the carrier is available if the carrier is docked to a station.

[ external image ]

First you have to select two hangars. That can be the hangar of the station and the carrier. But also the hangar of the carrier and the hangar of another docked carrier are possible.

If you want to transfer multiple fighters into another hangar, you should select the hangar first, where the fighters are docked now.

[ external image ]

Then you just have to select the ship you want to transfer into the other hangar.

Additional Information

None

Technical Data Hangar Manager

Language File
8011-L044.xml (ID 8011)
8011-L049.xml (ID 8011)

Command-Slots
COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_20 (1120)
COMMAND_TYPE_SHIP_20 (1220)

Object-Task
Ship Task 10 or 11 (depending on the players choice )
Station Task 10 to 19 (depending on the players choice )

Official abbreviations
"der HGM"
"the HGM"

Changes at Dockware Manager

Downloads

-> Hangar Manager (Version 3.1.00)
-> Hangar Manager (Version 3.alpha.04)
-> Hangar Manager (Version 3.alpha.03)
-> Hangar Manager (Version 3.alpha.02)
-> Hangar Manager (Version 3.alpha.01)

Changelog

26th October 2008 (Version 3.alpha.01)
  • First version.

2nd November 2008 (Version 3.alpha.02)
  • Bug Fix: Sometimes normal stations couldn't get selected as transfer hangar. Fixed.

9th November 2008 (Version 3.alpha.03)
  • Bug Fix: In certain circumstances transferred fighters couldn't get transferred back to the carrier. Fixed.

2nd December 2008 (Version 3.alpha.04)
  • Bug Fix: Ships of the type "Centaur" got recognized as a carrier. Fixed.
24th May 2009 (Version 3.1.00)
  • Bug Fix: No ships got shown in a hangar although they where there. Fixed.
  • Hangar Manager completely revised.
  • Alpha-phase finsihed.
  • Beta-phase finished.
  • Several small improvements.
Last edited by Saetan on Fri, 12. Aug 11, 11:40, edited 8 times in total.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Tue, 10. Nov 09, 20:43

Change of the Command-Slots
(After an idea by SymTec ltd.)

The Hangar Manager uses two command-slots in Station Commands and Ship Commands. They own to the groups 1100 and 1200. You have to search two unused slots inside these groups.

To change the command-slots you just have to modify the language file. The scripts don't have to be modified themself. The language file "8011-L044.xml" can be found in the language directory (..\t\..) which is placed inside the X³ main directory. First open the language file with an simple text editor. Notepad.exe of MS Windows® is best for it. Don't use MS Word® or MS WordPad® for it.

The command-slot settings have to be changed at five positions (marked in yellow: page id's 8011, 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2022). The standard slots are 1120 and 1220 (marked in red). You can find them easily at the end of the language file.
8011-L044.xml wrote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<language id="44">

.....<page id="8011" title="Hangar Manager" descr="">

..........[...]

..........<t id="20000">1120</t>
..........<t id="20001">1220</t>
.....</page>

.....<page id="2008" title="Script Object Commands" descr="">
..........<t id="1120">COMMAND_HANGAR_MANAGER_DOCK</t>
..........<t id="1220">COMMAND_HANGAR_MANAGER_CARRIER</t>
.....</page>

.....<page id="2010" title="Script Cmd Names" descr="">
..........<t id="1120">Hangar manager</t>
..........<t id="1220">\033BTool:\033X Hangar manager</t>
.....</page>

.....<page id="2011" title="Script Cmd Shorts" descr="">
..........<t id="1120">HANGAR</t>
..........<t id="1220">Hangar</t>
.....</page>

.....<page id="2022" title="Command Info" descr="">
..........<t id="1120">Hangar manager uses a station as transfer hangar and is thus able to transfer ships from one hangar to another.\n{2022,99999}</t>
..........<t id="1220">Hangar manager uses a station as transfer hangar and is thus able to transfer ships from one hangar to another.\n{2022,99999}</t>
..........<t id="99999">\n\033B© Machiel Software Corporation\033X\n\033BHerrons Nebula\033X</t>
.....</page>

</language>
After you replaced the command-slot with the unused one at these five positions simply save the file. After that, start your game.

Information: If the language file is packed, that mean the file extension is ".pck" you have to unpack the language file first. It can be unpacked by every packer software which handles GZ-compression. For example, such programms are WinZip, WinRAR or 7-Zip. After the change you can pack the language file again. If you don't want to pack it, save the unpacked, modified language file with the file extension ".xml" inside the language directory. You have to delete the packed one then, because X³ prevers packed versions of the files.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Tue, 10. Nov 09, 20:43

( -- reserved -- )

vampirecosmonaut
x4

Post by vampirecosmonaut » Tue, 10. Nov 09, 22:13

I've been using this one for quite a while.
This script is very useful and a must-have.
The first documented attempt in human history to use a rocket for spaceflight
was made in the 16th century by a Chinese Ming dynasty official named Wan Hu.
The resultant explosion presumably killed him.

ThomasAH
x4

Post by ThomasAH » Mon, 9. May 11, 22:15

For all those following only this thread:
The german thread already has Hangarmanager version 3.1.02

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 10. May 11, 12:41

Be it noted, that you really shouldn't use this when you intend to sell the ships. It'll permanently break your hangar.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

ThomasAH
x4

Post by ThomasAH » Tue, 10. May 11, 18:54

Triaxx2 wrote:Be it noted, that you really shouldn't use this when you intend to sell the ships. It'll permanently break your hangar.
Huh, do you have a pointer to a thread with more details?

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 10. May 11, 19:58

Nope. But try it with a TM. Dock two ships, transfer them to the shipyard, and sell them, then try docking ships. Only two of them will dock.

ThomasAH
x4

Post by ThomasAH » Tue, 10. May 11, 21:26

Triaxx2 wrote:Nope. But try it with a TM. Dock two ships, transfer them to the shipyard, and sell them, then try docking ships. Only two of them will dock.
I just wanted to try this, but only tried something similar:
Docked four ships in a magnetar, docked the magnetar to a boron shipyard, transfered two via hangarmanager 3.1.02, sold these two, undocked, docked two more fighters to the magnetar without problems.
I'll try again with your exact recipe.

ThomasAH
x4

Post by ThomasAH » Tue, 10. May 11, 21:41

ThomasAH wrote:I'll try again with your exact recipe.
Tried it, at first only three fighters docked, but after stopping the dock command on the fourth and reissuing it again it docked without problems.
The only problem I had was that I could not always select docked fighters in the hangarmanager while docked to the shipyard. I had to undock and redock again to make them available for transfer.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Wed, 11. May 11, 01:22

ThomasAH:
X³:TC had sometimes the problem for me, that fighters didn't dock to a carrier even without using of the Hangar Manager before. Don't know the reason but they only flew to some position and then stopped without further docking. If I re-ordered them to dock, they did.
So that seems to be a problem independant from Hangar Manager.

For your second problem, maybe all docking places of the station where full while your first try? That could have been a reason, why you weren't able to transfer them from carrier to station hangar.

Best regards,
Saetan

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 11. May 11, 02:38

What types of TM were you using? I've had it occur with a Zephyrus.

And now it seems that my EQD in a separate game is doing it. I wonder if I've got conflicts, but this is the only mod that affects docking.

Could it be an issue with home-based ships?

ThomasAH
x4

Post by ThomasAH » Wed, 11. May 11, 07:21

Saetan wrote:maybe all docking places of the station where full while your first try? That could have been a reason, why you weren't able to transfer them from carrier to station hangar.
No, there were only 0-2 other ships docked when I tried. It felt much more like what I described in http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 05#2907805 (ships with "Standby" command can't be transferred, only ships with "None" can), but I verified that the ships have no command set.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 11. May 11, 16:24

Hmm.. I wonder if it's possible the transferred ships had a follow/protect command? That might be the cause...

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Thu, 4. Oct 12, 22:19

Saetan wrote:
Change of the Command-Slots
(After an idea by SymTec ltd.)

The Hangar Manager uses two command-slots in Station Commands and Ship Commands. They own to the groups 1100 and 1200. You have to search two unused slots inside these groups.

To change the command-slots you just have to modify the language file. The scripts don't have to be modified themself. The language file "8011-L044.xml" can be found in the language directory (..\t\..) which is placed inside the X³ main directory. First open the language file with an simple text editor. Notepad.exe of MS Windows® is best for it. Don't use MS Word® or MS WordPad® for it.

The command-slot settings have to be changed at five positions (marked in yellow: page id's 8011, 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2022). The standard slots are 1120 and 1220 (marked in red). You can find them easily at the end of the language file.
8011-L044.xml wrote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<language id="44">

.....<page id="8011" title="Hangar Manager" descr="">

..........[...]

..........<t id="20000">1120</t>
..........<t id="20001">1220</t>
.....</page>

.....<page id="2008" title="Script Object Commands" descr="">
..........<t id="1120">COMMAND_HANGAR_MANAGER_DOCK</t>
..........<t id="1220">COMMAND_HANGAR_MANAGER_CARRIER</t>
.....</page>

.....<page id="2010" title="Script Cmd Names" descr="">
..........<t id="1120">Hangar manager</t>
..........<t id="1220">\033BTool:\033X Hangar manager</t>
.....</page>

.....<page id="2011" title="Script Cmd Shorts" descr="">
..........<t id="1120">HANGAR</t>
..........<t id="1220">Hangar</t>
.....</page>

.....<page id="2022" title="Command Info" descr="">
..........<t id="1120">Hangar manager uses a station as transfer hangar and is thus able to transfer ships from one hangar to another.\n{2022,99999}</t>
..........<t id="1220">Hangar manager uses a station as transfer hangar and is thus able to transfer ships from one hangar to another.\n{2022,99999}</t>
..........<t id="99999">\n\033B© Machiel Software Corporation\033X\n\033BHerrons Nebula\033X</t>
.....</page>

</language>
After you replaced the command-slot with the unused one at these five positions simply save the file. After that, start your game.

Information: If the language file is packed, that mean the file extension is ".pck" you have to unpack the language file first. It can be unpacked by every packer software which handles GZ-compression. For example, such programms are WinZip, WinRAR or 7-Zip. After the change you can pack the language file again. If you don't want to pack it, save the unpacked, modified language file with the file extension ".xml" inside the language directory. You have to delete the packed one then, because X³ prevers packed versions of the files.

Where do I find the list of usable slots? Im not really clear on what is what in the script collection page...

EDIT: Solved it
Last edited by joelR on Fri, 5. Oct 12, 02:39, edited 1 time in total.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 5. Oct 12, 02:10

joelR wrote:Where do I find the list of usable slots? Im not really clear on what is what in the script collection page...
Yeah, it is hard to read at first. It gets easier with practice.

The list is actually the slots that are in use... and not everyone updates the list. Start here: Ship Command Slots.

What conflict are you trying to resolve?

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Fri, 5. Oct 12, 02:59

DrBullwinkle wrote:
joelR wrote:Where do I find the list of usable slots? Im not really clear on what is what in the script collection page...
Yeah, it is hard to read at first. It gets easier with practice.

The list is actually the slots that are in use... and not everyone updates the list. Start here: Ship Command Slots.

What conflict are you trying to resolve?
Thanks DrBullwinkle. Honestly I have no idea. All I know is that I wasnt seeing the command on my ships so I just changed them to the slots used by scripts I will never use.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 5. Oct 12, 03:02

I suppose that's one way to get the job done! :)

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Fri, 5. Oct 12, 03:06

DrBullwinkle wrote:I suppose that's one way to get the job done! :)
Haha. Yeah. It was good for me anyhow. It gets me to learn some things about how scripts work in this game. One day I might actually make something even.

This is just one of those scripts that is really useful and I could never figure out why it wasnt a part of the game to begin with.

deadmoomin
x3tc

Invisible Hangar Ships (when Hangar Manager used)

Post by deadmoomin » Sun, 14. Feb 16, 20:35

Hello!

Whenever I use Hangar Manager to transfer ships from a station to one of my carriers, the transferred ships are invisible when I undock and view my carrier in external view.

I can fix it by commanding the invisible ship to undock and redock outside of the station but this is a pain.

It's not a major issue, as it just means I cannot see my docked ships (if they've been transferred using Hangar Manager at a station). But it is a little immersion breaking and triggers the OCD in me. I would like to fix it if possible.

So, anyone experienced this before and know of a fix?

<Moved to the obvious S&M thread to ask in. Alan Phipps>

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”