[TC] 1 Billion credits, day 3, Vanilla, here's how.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kryten
x4

1 Billion credits, day 3, Vanilla, here's how.

Post by Kryten » Wed, 4. Nov 09, 21:05

Ever since the days of X2, egosoft has enstilled in me the need to keep my game pure and never ever have a modified tag in any of my games.

I've allways liked the challenge of doing it the hard way but also I've allways liked the challenge of finding ways of making a vanilla game ridiculously easy to the extent that it feels like cheating :roll:

The following will explain how to make 1 billion credits from what you start with, it may require you to be friends with certain races but ultimately you can make 1 billion from any start in a few days if you understand the x universe...

1. beg, crawl, do your thing to have a few hundred thousand credits, this is usually achievable for most people with one mission in TC.

2. find Argon Prime, buy a mercury, the cheapest, it may go against all you've be taught but the cheapest freighter with minimal shields is all you need to make a fortune.

3. Outfitting.. ore collector, mineral scanner, special command software mk 1, these are essential..

4. command your frieghter to move to kindoms end, either the sector or equiptment dock.

5. get youself to kingdoms end and the position 0,0,1.5, once there you need to find visually nvidium asteroids. there should be at least 4, with 4 mosquito missiles, shoot them and break them up, this is vital to the overall strategy... Drop a satelite so that in future you can easily direct ships to the spot.

6. instruct your freighter to move to sat nav and then once there to collect rocks.

7. once your freighter is full of nvidium then sell it at shipyard and buy as many freighters as you can and start the process again. within a day you should be able to afford 20+ freighters and be on your way to makeing that billion credits.

8. Personally I stop at 20 freighters, issuing commands individually is a pain so limiting the amount of freighters stops you going insane. 3 days at kindoms end has got me 500 mil+, so you can see how 1 bil in 3 days is possible if you have the patience to command individual freighters.

In Reunion the nvidium ran out but in TC it is constant, who needs complex's when you can abuse the roids :wink:
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

CHAZZ
x3tc

Post by CHAZZ » Wed, 4. Nov 09, 23:01

Aaaaaaaahhhhh!! Stop it, you discovered the 'I WIN!' button!! :D

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Wed, 4. Nov 09, 23:39

Who needs 'roids when you can abuse an old exploit and make 2bil in under an hr...... :D

But I avoid that since it wreaks the fun of making "real" money, trading, and doing missions.

Bothersome
x3tc

Post by Bothersome » Wed, 4. Nov 09, 23:53

Yeah, that's nothing. I can make <you specify the amount here < 100,000,000,000 credits*> in only about 5 hours of game time.

There are still a couple of exploits that can be applied to make untold amounts of credits. So far, I am the only one that know of them. Well, my brother knows of one of them.

Don't ask me to tell how. That info is worth DOLLARS.

* multiple factories will be needed to hold the funds

Edited: I didn't see Deadbeat's message. So I guess I'm the second person.
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Thu, 5. Nov 09, 00:36

capping ships makes 50 mill or more an hour. Nividium is loot.

100 billion in hours in vanillia..... do tell. This is the spoiler forum so u can tell.
The skunk really is a bare bones model. It doesn't even have a GPS to highlight the way. Or targeting software MK 2 to allow target selection and painting from the sector map. It lacks a Trading System Extention to show prices in the sector you are in. The lack of satellites in rebirth is also annoying to the trader/pirate looking for a mark.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Thu, 5. Nov 09, 00:51

Nonsense, it's best to have a few secrets. :mrgreen:
Plus it's not really a spoiler, it's more of a complete undermining of the four aspect's of the game. Trade would be out, fighting would be out, there would be minimal thinking, and other than building stations to store the money, there would be no building.

As Bothersome said,
Bothersome wrote:....Don't ask me to tell how. That info is worth DOLLARS.....
Besides sometimes it's worth more to learn than to be told because everyone had an ego and it's hard to surpass the feeling of achievement that's achieved by ones self.

As an example, everything I learned in X3:R came without help (or knowledge) of the forums. Sure it was more difficult and took longer but the sense of achievement was worth it. If there's no challenge, what's the point?

Edit: Though I'm not sure if Bothersome and I thinking of the same thing, having that amount of money would border on completely ridiculous. Since a given station can only hold 2bil you'd need 50 stations just to hold that amount (or to be more precise, 49 if you add in the player's personal account). And it could/might be theoretically possible to make 100bil in under an hr (for the way that I know of) but I have no intention of conducting a test on this theory.

Of course you could just cheat the money in via the Cheat Package if you're really desperate for credits.

Edit II: Minor fix to station numbers.
Last edited by Deadbeat_Spinn on Thu, 5. Nov 09, 15:01, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Thu, 5. Nov 09, 01:44

no I am content to board ships and sell them for 20 million a pop. It's the fastest way to make money I have discovered. Nividium mining is easy but it's a lil boring and not something I would like to attend to personally. However doing it by remote would be fine. And I have read about it making people ritch yet how much fun can I have interacting with some space rocks? And the traders life is dull. And U.T. can make you ritch so if you are doing something other than trading or fighting then you are thinking and I would like to know what you are thinking of because it is blatently impossible for me to read your mind. I have 300,000,000 right now and 400,000,000 in ships so I would like to have a hint please because I would like to build a Mega plex and a couple of Boreas M2.
The skunk really is a bare bones model. It doesn't even have a GPS to highlight the way. Or targeting software MK 2 to allow target selection and painting from the sector map. It lacks a Trading System Extention to show prices in the sector you are in. The lack of satellites in rebirth is also annoying to the trader/pirate looking for a mark.

insolent1
x3tc

Post by insolent1 » Thu, 5. Nov 09, 15:11

OP

This has got to be the best money making scheme early in the game, after 13 hours i've made 30 million just from this and have more freighters still working there.

Is it a neverending nvidium well?

Also just to note that the freighters don't need a mineral scanner just ore collector and special command software

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Thu, 5. Nov 09, 16:02

Is it a neverending nvidium well?
120 freighters in my present game and its still going well....

Also just to note that the freighters don't need a mineral scanner just ore collector and special command software
sweet, never bothered to check, well 6 million credit per freighter, a few hundred thousand seems like peanuts really :twisted:
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]

insolent1
x3tc

Post by insolent1 » Thu, 5. Nov 09, 16:31

Have 15 freighters workin there now and the profitss just keep rolling in.

I've been using second hand freighters and some I capped, dosen't matter how badly damaged they are so long as they fill up with nvidium.

This is the best RoI(return on investment) in the game, especially early in the game.

I'm sure if you don't mind micromanagement you could make a billion in the first 24hrs with this

Kudos to the blue faced one :)

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Thu, 5. Nov 09, 16:44

Yeah, that's nothing. I can make <you specify the amount here < 100,000,000,000 credits*> in only about 5 hours of game time.

There are still a couple of exploits that can be applied to make untold amounts of credits. So far, I am the only one that know of them. Well, my brother knows of one of them.

Don't ask me to tell how. That info is worth DOLLARS.
I'm sure you'r an upstanding member of your own community, however if you lived in my community you'd be scraping your balls of the street with that attitude. have a nice day 8)
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]

gandy|UKCS|
x3tc

Post by gandy|UKCS| » Thu, 5. Nov 09, 16:54

Kryten wrote:well 6 million credit per freighter

Only 6.... i get 8 million per freighter :P
Gaming PC
Mobo - Asus P8Z77-V - CPU - i5 3570K @ 4.2ghz
HSF - Corsair H100 - GFX - GTX-470
Memory - 8gig Corsair Vengence Black DDR3 @ 1600mhz
Monitor - BenQ 2400HD 24"
Case - CM Storm Stryker

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Thu, 5. Nov 09, 17:19

Well, since a game-breaking glitch forced me to restart after already completing Terran, Goner, HUB, and OFF, I have no qualms about using this incredibly convenient exploit. iirc there are Nividium rocks in ore belt as well. =)
Q9550 / 3.4GHz
P5Q Deluxe / 400MHz
4GB HyperX DDR2 / 1066MHz
EVGA GTX 580 Superclock

oceanmist667
x3tc

Post by oceanmist667 » Thu, 5. Nov 09, 18:48

:lol: my empty msf costs 4mil

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Thu, 5. Nov 09, 18:59

my empty msf costs 4mil
and that same full one would be worth 30 mil :lol:

20 msfs full of nvidium, now there's a thought :twisted:
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]

klingens

Post by klingens » Thu, 5. Nov 09, 19:10

SFs aren't cost effective compared to the cheapest mercuries and dolphins.

I set a few mercuries to collecting rocks and use a Mistral SF with transporter device to empty the miners once in a while. Then fly it to the shipyard, buy another mercury/dolphin and fill it with the nividium. I either leave them docked as a "Piggy bank" or sell them. Right now Omicron Lyrae has around 30 or so mercuries docked.

There are a few other sectors with nicely mineable nvidium too:
Spoiler
Show
Scale Plate Green - possible Xenon Q incursions
Brennans Triumph - beware of Pirates
Ghinn's Escape - no dangers seen so far. getting miners there is a hassle tho: Dolphins you have to buy in Ocean Fantasy and the next Ore Collector point of sale is 5-6 sectors away in Teladi space.
€: Ore Belt Nividium is plot related. Tho you can mine it afterwards just fine. It's a very tasty high yield one too. Highest in game maybe for nividium.
Last edited by klingens on Thu, 5. Nov 09, 19:13, edited 1 time in total.

Flozem
x3tc

Post by Flozem » Thu, 5. Nov 09, 19:11

I vaguely remember the older X3:TC allowed insane mission rewards, so if these <1 hour methods involve rolling back your game version, they're a bit cheesy....

Though I'm more than happy to have my closed loop spacefuel / microchip / missile complexes earn money for me. That, and the early 3 to 9 million assassination missions... 8)

I will remember the nvidium stuff though for my next restart... :D

empiro
x3tc

Post by empiro » Thu, 5. Nov 09, 19:44

I also think that the yield of a Nvidium asteroid you blow up has no effect on the collection rate. I set up an operation in Perpetual Sin, on the yield 5 asteroid there, and later when I found the super rich one in Ore Belt for the plot mission, I send a few mercuries there too. They all seem to collect it at about the same rate.

rjweng91
x3tc

Re: 1 Billion credits, day 3, Vanilla, here's how.

Post by rjweng91 » Fri, 6. Nov 09, 16:22

Kryten wrote: 7. once your freighter is full of nvidium then sell it at shipyard and buy as many freighters as you can and start the process again. within a day you should be able to afford 20+ freighters and be on your way to makeing that billion credits.
OK where the hell do you sell the nvidium? I don't see anything in the shipyard to sell it, unless you are referring to selling the ship.

Anyhelp would be nice.
Thanks

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Re: 1 Billion credits, day 3, Vanilla, here's how.

Post by Ulan Dhor » Fri, 6. Nov 09, 17:10

rjweng91 wrote:.... unless you are referring to selling the ship.
That's your answer right here. Of course, I would buy a new ship for this purpose, as I wouldn't want to have to equip a new collector. A standard Mercury S costs 199k in my game. Full with Nividium, it sells for more than 6 millions.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”