War! Argon Colossus & support fleet mop up Paranid! (X3:TC)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Starlight_Corporation
x4

War! Argon Colossus & support fleet mop up Paranid! (X3:TC)

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 17:33

Well seems my game of X3:TC just got a whole lot more colorful.
Was quietly travelling in Priest' Pity when I noticed several Centaurs jumping in from Split fire and start blasting traders and fighters, the Paranid sectordefense handled them quickly. As they were Argon and not pirate I was a bit intrigued but not that bothered.

A little later I entered Empire's Edge sector (where I builded alot of stations through stationmissions) and I noticed alot of stations were suddenly gone!
What I saw moment later baffled me, an Argon Colossus with a full fledged supportfleet was happily firing at stations, blowing up one after the other.
Currently the Military base is blown up, all the weaponfacs and several civilian factories (food etc). Also all sectordefense is wiped out and the Argon have a field day blowing up anything they see!

So far they didn't attack any of my stations or ships there, but they did kill alot of my customerstations.

Anyone has an idea of the odd behavior of the Colossus and his fleet? (Homebase is Cloudbase Southeast so he's wayyy out of line, no clue how he ended up there and why he's shooting up Paranid)
Really considering to blow this mad Colossus up, but the big fleet around him scares me.

My game info:
Vanilla (no modified tag) 2.5
8 gamedays old
Plots:
Spoiler
Show
At 400 computerparts for the Hub
At first hint for Treasure Hunt
No other plots

Extra Note: a few days ago a Boron Ray had the same behavior in Family Whi and blew up a Chelt aquarium before the sectordefense ended his life (Read the description of Family Whi, interesting note there)

EDwaggy
x3tc

Post by EDwaggy » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 17:38

Don't worry, that's perfectly normal. Argon-Paranid and Boron-Split skirmishes happen quite often. Sometimes the Argon just want to play in someone elses backyard. With guns. And missiles.

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 19:27

Seen it too. It's pretty fun stuff when it happens. The paranid may or may not retaliate. :)

If you want to see more of that kind of thing, though, and you're not adverse to scripting, try out 7ate9tin11s's "Improved Races" script, and turn on HOT WAR... :twisted:
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 20:22

And the Paranid oftentimes like to come and play in Home of Light, or so I've heard. These kinds of things don't happen all that often, so enjoy them when they do. I'll bet there's a lot of loot just lying around waiting for some entrepreneur to pick up, too. :fg:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Killaalf
xr

Post by Killaalf » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 20:38

Nanook wrote:And the Paranid oftentimes like to come and play in Home of Light, or so I've heard. These kinds of things don't happen all that often, so enjoy them when they do. I'll bet there's a lot of loot just lying around waiting for some entrepreneur to pick up, too. :fg:
True! The other day I jumped into HoL to get another mission from Terracorp when I noticed a Paranid Odysseus a couple of kms from the gate going berzerk on the local authorities. I decided to stick around and boy am I glad I did - that greek hero continued to totally wreck the sector, including all stations. At times I had 3 TSs in the sector to pick up all the loot that was floating around.

The only downside to this is that even though the Terracorp HQ has been rebuilt by now it seems I cannot get any more missions off them :(

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Sat, 31. Oct 09, 04:55

Nanook wrote:And the Paranid oftentimes like to come and play in Home of Light, or so I've heard. These kinds of things don't happen all that often, so enjoy them when they do.
I haven't played that long yet, and I have seen a Paranid fleet in Home of Light three times already. Up to now, the Terracorp HQ has survived, because the fleets were either 1 Agamemnon with 2 Deimos plus fighters, or twice it was a Zeus with a Deimos plus fighters. First time, all Paranid ships got destroyed. In both other cases, the Zeus blew up first, then the Argon M1 or M2 (don't remember what it was), and the Deimos then retreated. Once, the Deimos got blown up by the Plutarch Cerberus on its way back home. I'm curious to see what happens when the Paranid finally send an Odysseus.

All that results in lots of station build missions for me ;).

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Sat, 31. Oct 09, 06:59

Well seems the Argon occupy Empire's Edge currently, the Colossus got support from a Titan & his fleet. The sectorlist is now crawling with Argon ships. Positive thing is they stopped shooting the remaining stations and are content with blowing up traders and stopping the attempts of the Paranid to retake their sector.

Should look for a site to upload some pics of the Argon occupation, it's quite impressive.
No retaliation of the Paranid currently, seems they're too busy trying to reclaim the sector.

twinview
x4

Must be Fun I keep

Post by twinview » Sat, 31. Oct 09, 08:50

Missing the Fights in My Game....

and Dang Odysseus This is One scary Ship.... I would not want it after me...

I own 1 now but dang go into a kaack sector everything goes Boom!

Cannot wait to see ones of these fights ....

Spychotic
x3tc

Post by Spychotic » Sat, 31. Oct 09, 18:49

I had the Hub connected to Duke's Citadel/Perpetual Sin and Akeela's Beacon/Legend's Home.

A Paranid task force came in and started tearing doo-doos up in LH. The OTAS Boreas jumped in and waxed everything. It was quite impressive, regrettably I only noticed it happening half-way through the battle and jumped in only to see the end. Still, got to see a Boreas demonstrate to a Zeus that M1s should not get close to M2s... :wink:

Spike
Check out the X3 Wiki!

Struggling with a plotline? Spike's Walkthroughs are your answer!

Whether you're building your first factory or a trading empire, this station management guide was made just for you.

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Sat, 31. Oct 09, 20:46

I think I once averted one of these little battles; It was in a split sector (can't remember which, but one of the ones near Queen's retribution- aka the Boron-Split battlefront, according to sector info) and a shark had just jumped in, with a raptor further into the sector. I am not involved in either race's grievances(despite being Boron), so I went about as usual, taking a Sector defence mission. What I did not expect was for the Boron and Split carriers to both launch all their fighters at the hapless Pirates who came through the gate. After some CPU problems (framerate musta been about 1 frame per minute) due to the sheer numbers of fighters, the two fleets procede to completely ignore each other and deny me my loot. The Shark turned round and went back through the gate. Seems changing an invasion force's target means it loses interest in its intended victim. I was not best pleased.
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”