Online play Sudjestions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

EgoGimb
x3tc

Online play Sudjestions

Post by EgoGimb » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 07:31

Ok here is a few ideas I came up with for some online action

4 man most 1 to 2 sector map battle up to corvett with 8 drones [cpu or what ever you call their fighers] for deathmatch

First person to make a networth of over 100 million in one game withotu cheats or without moderations via use of complex's or via trading Economic Battle.

CTF: Hmmm ok so you want capture the flag, well we can have a place filled with nothing but asteroids like millions of asteroids well not really millions but alot so that players can have a challenge when getting a certain cargo container that is floating in space out there and drag it back into the hanger they belong to or area and can only use M6 vessels no Capital ships or Corvetts aloud just M6 and below I'm not sure what the smaller ships are called but you get the idea we want fas t ships for the capture the flag.
Again 4 to 8 man battles can be played but I am just throwing out sugestions here.
To live or Die that is the fate you seek.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 09:12

Is this idea AFTER reading all the other " I want x-online" threads?

EgoGimb
x3tc

Post by EgoGimb » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 09:14

Nah this is just my own ranting :)
To live or Die that is the fate you seek.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 09:35

@TTD oh you were new here once back in the days of Flint Tools... :roll:

The idea of X online comes up many times and people that have seen these threads (average twice a week?) many times sometimes feel the urgent need to knock these threads to the floor and urinate on them... By aging bladder is about full to overflowing as we speak... :)

I love X as a single player game just the way it is.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 09:54

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 10:17

Flint tools? Have you tried cultivating your garden using branches from nearby trees? Flint tools were revolutionary when I started. :lol:

Actually,I have chatted with him this morning.The idea of a restricted map and number of players,may get around some of the tech issues.

Not sure how far it can be taken though.

Actually it reminds me of that Pirate Mod where you just had a very large sector.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 11:45

TTD wrote:Flint tools? Have you tried cultivating your garden using branches from nearby trees? Flint tools were revolutionary when I started. :lol:

Actually,I have chatted with him this morning.The idea of a restricted map and number of players,may get around some of the tech issues.
One sector or 100, it doesn't matter, you need the same network code regardless.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 12:42

mrbadger wrote:One sector or 100, it doesn't matter, you need the same network code regardless.
Indeed. Here's analogy: suggesting having a smaller game universe to reduce technical problems is like suggesting baking a smaller cake to get around the problem of not having any flour. ;)
Last edited by CBJ on Fri, 30. Oct 09, 12:43, edited 1 time in total.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 12:43

What if you only bake the top half?
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 13:05

Gazz wrote:What if you only bake the top half?
Ha! We didn't see that one coming did we?

On line X it is then...

...Now where's the Chef...

...CHEF! :D
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 13:22

CBJ wrote:Indeed. Here's analogy: suggesting having a smaller game universe to reduce technical problems is like suggesting baking a smaller cake to get around the problem of not having any flour. ;)
Surely that analogy should be about making an apple pie. From scratch. :roll:

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 13:29

I like apple pie. And lots of people make apple pies - it can't be that hard.

Actually, thinking about it, I'm quite happy with the steak Egosoft are used to doing - they do it so well, and I do like steak :P

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

G Morgan
x3

Post by G Morgan » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 13:30

I think the biggest problem with the concept of X-Online is that it wouldn't have the same feel. It is practically impossible to have loads of people in an MMO style environment and have them all setting up their own sectors with huge fleets of destroyers.

The only way it could work, IMO, is if the system had the ability to add and remove sectors at will and people actually paid money to add and maintain a sector. Then groups could come in and decide to pay for an added sector. Each sector would work as IS and would probably be on its own VM. It would be extraordinarily expensive.

If WOW was like X then by the end you'd be able to become Sargeras and set up production facilities producing 1000 Lich Kings per hour. Clearly that would not be sustainable so practically you are worthless at the start and still pretty worthless at the end.

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 13:32

perkint wrote:I like apple pie. And lots of people make apple pies - it can't be that hard.
From scratch?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 14:00

Well, assuming the existance of bugfree and smooth-as-silk network code (as is par for "online" suggestion threads =), even more play modes are imagineable.

An indestructible "ball" without inertia dampening might have to be shot into the other team's goal using CIG or collisions to propel it.
American Spaceball!

You could have leagues, beer, and hot dogs. And make mini games out of each of these components. Like setting up a hot dog smuggling ring in time for the finals.
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Targ Collective
x4

Post by Targ Collective » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 14:02

I can actually imagine that - horrible - a perversion of X, surely?

Simpler one would think to make a new engine for such tasks. :roll:
Learn to use stickies. Look here for mods for X3TC and here for guides across everything since X2. If you haven't read the Forum Rules do so before we beat you with sticks. Above all have fun.

G Morgan
x3

Post by G Morgan » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 16:06

Gazz wrote:Well, assuming the existance of bugfree and smooth-as-silk network code (as is par for "online" suggestion threads =), even more play modes are imagineable.

An indestructible "ball" without inertia dampening might have to be shot into the other team's goal using CIG or collisions to propel it.
American Spaceball!

You could have leagues, beer, and hot dogs. And make mini games out of each of these components. Like setting up a hot dog smuggling ring in time for the finals.
You don't need a goal. We have gates.

aerick911
x4

Post by aerick911 » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 16:16

at the end... There Will Be Cake

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 17:41

eladan wrote:
perkint wrote:I like apple pie. And lots of people make apple pies - it can't be that hard.
From scratch?
OK - maybe not quite from scrath..

::shuffles quietly away, admiting defeat::

:P

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 17:47

G Morgan wrote:You don't need a goal. We have gates.
Good point but then we'd need balls to play that game. A single ball would get lost too quickly.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”